Old 06-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #241  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hitch! I <3 that movie.... actually was watching it last night while walking on the treadmill.

And I'm also taking today off from the extra walking because my hips and lower back are achy. I think I need better shoes. :-\
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #242  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 225.6 (-1.2) TOM
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 220.6 (-5)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 217 (-3.6)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 216.4 (-.6) TOM
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 214.6 (-1.8)
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 214 (-.6) Officially 15 lbs away from onderland!
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 213 (-1)
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 212.2 (-.8) TOM. Have you ever just had a huge woosh and TOM took it from right under your feet? Yeah that happened to me. GRRRR.

Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Soooooo...I love Justin Timberlake, I have since about birth. lolol. I've seen him twice on this tour and I'm seeing him three more times. One of which is July 28th, so I have been going around and around trying to find SOMETHING to wear. The first two times I've seen him I was super heavy, so while my outfits were cute they weren't to my standards. Now I have so many options it's overwhelming. I went to Maurices which is a store in our mall here and found a dress in a size LARGE! Not Extra, extra large...not just extra large. But a LARGE! And that's when NSV come into play. It isn't always about the number on the scale, because sometimes that number lies while your body shows you the truth.
Pic of said dress:
Not wearing with that jacket. If I decide to wear a jacket it would be a darker denim than that.

A head shot comparison (just because I don't hate what use to be my fat, chubby face!):
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #243  
~*Mandy*~

Lookin good! That dress is super cute.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:30 AM   #244  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

UBEE - No stressing hun .. it happens and you are a work in progress remember .. its not always about the number but about the WHOLE journey .. which includes learning about yourself more too You can do it

EASILY - Stopped in at work today and there was a letter from the “health” people of our work in regards to my arm and the “return to work” system that is put into place for me lol .. yeah well .. never was good at following instructions .. the second thing on the list was no merchandising but I didn’t realise .. sorta explains why my arm is darn sore this week .. but at least now I know to chill on that for a bit lol. I haven’t tried anything like Stevia .. went to look for it and the price of it over here is mind boggling .. would definitely make the cupcake/baking too expensive to make for me let alone anyone else lol… so better to find alternatives .. been told to try prune juice .. so gonna get a blender to make some and give that a go .. definitely going to be a trial and error thing lol.
I hope your eye is ok? Im blind in my left one so definitely concerned about vision etc .. but yes get it checked .. better safe than sorry I need to get that movie out lol ..

ALI - I have been targeting between 2-2.5miles for my walks and last night had a terrible cramping in the shin of my leg .. thank goodness for a massager I got given last year lol .. helped relieve it for sure

FERA - Maybe you can get liners that will help your shoes if you don’t want to have to get another pair? I was having the same problems but my new liners are helping.

WATCH - I do know that experience and you are right it sucks lol .. but at least that means that next week should be a good one for you JT huh? I do like some of his music .. but I don’t go to any concerts because Im not good in crowded situations .. but I have gone to a few in the past (Dire Straits, Tina Turner, Eurythmics, Jimmy Barnes, Dionne Warwick more recently lol) .. but that was like 20 plus years ago .. definitely not happy in crowds but I LOVE the dress .. so cute and OMG the difference in your face is incredible .. your family & friends must be so proud of you too And WAHOO on your NSV .. its a great feeling isn’t it? Still envy your arms lol .. hugs

Had a fantastic day off today I was gonna get my hunny to drop me off at Starbucks for a coffee to chill out on my computer for a couple of hours waiting for my friend .. instead I got him to drop me off at the gym again! Did another 3.6km (shortened the time), then did a circuit on the weight machines, then did a quick 2 minute cycle (knees didn’t like that one!) .. and then I got to chill for 25 minutes in the sauna! After that a quick shower and I was off to meet my friend for coffee at Starbucks and a catch up .. then I introduced her to Pita Pit (she had never had it before) and was asked by the manager (who knows I have pretty much lived on Pita when not having my home meal for the last 9 months lol) if I would be interested in telling my weight loss story and how Pita has been a part of the journey etc for a health food magazine!! Im so stoked Of course I said yes but it won’t be for a couple of months or so
After lunch my friend and I went for a wander around the shops (something I rarely do and haven’t in the area I live in lol) and we got some good deals (I got 2 seasons of CSI NY for less than $20NZ!!) .. plus a few treats (a couple of hand made chocolates and a cookie made out of ground Hazelnuts) .. then we went to a few op shops and $2 shops to have a gander .. then off for a cup of coffee and our treats for afternoon tea. Incredible but we spent from 10am to 530pm together lol .. lots of walking, talking, laughing and just some lovely adult time .. she lives about 5 hours away and was down for a couple of weeks so it was such a lovely time to be together Came home and made hunny an omelet for dinner .. I chose not to have anything else .. mainly because we were finishing off the Apple cake from last night so figured that would be enough .. and I was right
Told hunny he isn’t dropping me at Starbucks in the morning .. going straight to the gym so I can try to get in a 30 minute walk before I head off to work

Hugs all !!!
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Mandy - hope you're feeling better!

Watchout - super cute dress and pics!! You look amazing, and you can see a huge difference -- Congrats!

Katt- sounds like you had a great time! So wonderful to have time with good friends!! And congrats to you on choosing the gym during your down time! Nice!

Easily don't wait around too long on that eye, not worth risking damage to your eye sight!

Well - I was supposed to have some delicious homemade bread yesterday from a friend who just lost her husband - when she first asked me if she could bring it I was going to say no - but bless her heart she is trying to find stuff to fill her day so I couldn't bring myself to say no.

My plan was to have a slice with butter and enjoy it - but I just couldn't do it. I have been on Atkins since 5/1 and I have not had any cheats yet --- I've passed up every cake, cupcake, ice creams, etc and I just couldn't bring myself to eat it last night lol So, I'm passing it on to someone else and will just have to fib about how great it was (as I'm sure it is).

I really wanted that slice too HA! But I want the weight loss even more (even though I did get on the scale and was up .2 today lol -- I think TOM is approaching).
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #246  

OH!! I wasn't up .2 -- I was down .4! HA! That's what I get for going on memory of yesterday's weight - so .... still victory without eating the bread! lol I was feeling a little bummed becuase I was thinking that now even the thought of bread must make me fat! lol
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #247  

Geez - umm, apparently I need coffee lol Im so confused this morning! HA !

NO, I did go up -----

Yesterday 320.6 today 321 - total weight loss last week was 8.2lbs - so I think my body is just adjusting a bit or probably most likely TOM is knocking again (TOM visits me about every week right now - going to the doc for some hopefully results on that tomorrow actually).
Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I'm here. I am a good busy lately. Summer is flying by.
Katt keep reminding us it is about the journey and a learniing experience. I am not doing all this work just to gain it all back plus more. You are the best!
Ali I am so with you on those jerks of husbands wanting to be married to Barbie. Like they are some prize of a husband!!!
Stephanie love your photos! You are really dropping the weight. I can not wait to see new photos of you and hubby in Sept.
Watchout our hot babe! Have fun on your date with Justin.
Mandy I hope you find some good shoes. It makes a world of difference.
Easily I'm glad you are not letting the scale get to you. Mine is taking a time out in my daughters room and can only come out on Monday mornings.
So glad to get a post in. I had time yesterday but my computer is an old geezer.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #249  
~*Mandy*~

Hey all!

Despite my declaration of taking yesterday off... I ended up going anyway *and* upping my speed. The aches wore off after a few hours without medications, so I went for it. They are back today, but not *too* bad. I wonder if the fact that I work out late, and then go from all the moving to basically still with sitting around and then going to bed after? Could be just stiffness from getting old and my bones are tired. :P At least for my hips. I think my back issue is that my sports bra isn't as supportive as I thought and my boobs are putting awkward pressure on my back.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Good job sticking with your plan and passing up the bread Ali. The pay-off might not be showing up on the scale yet, but it will! Sometimes the dang scale can be stubborn lol.

You are doing awesome with the exercise Mandy. I need to follow your lead on that! I'm glad the pain isn't too bad today. It might be something you want to discuss with your doctor.

I hope your eyelid is doing better Easily Amused. And thanks for your nice comments! That dang scale... it's so inspiring that you aren't letting it get the best of you though! I have a hard time with that.

Watchoutforthatcar: WOW! Great NSV. You look great. Cute dress. Have a great time at the concert.

Nightkatt: Excellent job with going to the gym! You are doing awesome.

Ubee: Thank you for your comments. I hope you're doing ok! Glad to see that you are staying busy. That seems to make it easier for me somehow.
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #251  
Trying again

Just a quick stop in No Starbucks today ... in my gym gear and will get hunny to drop me off there .. Im sure I can fit in a 30 min walk before work
Old 06-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #252  
~*Mandy*~

Good intentions for the gym tonight... But the thunderstorms outside say "stay home"... So, I'm going to improvise.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #253  
Trying again

Made it to the gym this morning .. didnt have as long as I needed to get in a shower and get ready for work too .. but managed to get in 30 min on the treadmill (3.3km) so that is more than I would had done if I had just gone to Starbucks .. so Im going to do that each day that I can (so prob Mon. Wed & Fri) I had a goal this week to do 90 minutes of exercise (like 30 min 3 days) and so far this week I have done 120 minutes!

I am upping my calories (as recommended by my personal trainer) so not sure how it will effect my weigh in on Friday lol .. but hopefully the muscles wont add too much or I will start wondering why am I doing this lol ...

Hugs all and hope you are all having a great day ... just keep remembering .. it doesnt matter how slow you move .. you will still be going faster than those sitting on the couch

Off to see my daughter and grandkids tomorrow so YAY!!! Although my daughter has told us that she has done some baking for our lunch .. soooo hopefully it wont do too much damage to my weigh in on Friday lol .. have another gym appointment on Friday too
Old 06-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
Really love how everyone is moving and losing. I am working hard on getting my thoughts in line with the fact that exercise really does make me feel better mentally.
Have a good day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Glad to see everyone doing well.

I'm going to the YMCA today to sign up for the gym. My doctor wants me doing 170 mins/week of exercise, which is going to be tough. I am stressing out a little over the thought of going to the gym and the commitment involved (financially). I think I will stick to the treadmill for now. With the temperature being over 100 every day in the summer, walking outside isn't really an option for me and the indoor track is a much further drive than the Y.
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote