May Day May Day Challenge

You're on Page 13 of 28
Go to
  • It's Monday morning already. Time to get it in gear, make an appointment to get Toby (my very large Golden Doodle puppy) groomed, and definitely trying to recommit myself.

Sue, 100 pounds!!!!! What a milestone.
    Ubee -- I think we should get some warrior costumes to wear when we're carb kicking.
    Katt--Glad your connection is back. We have definitely become a wired world.
    Easily -- We need an anthem to play while we're rockin' it.....maybe that would help me stay on track (kind of like Pavlov's experiments only in reverse -- every time the song played we'd put down whatever we were eating!).
    Wannaskip -- It's so supportive to read that others in the "mature" set experience the same wild weight swings and the challenge of slow-to-contract skin. I'm glad to know that goal wise, I'm not alone in going back decades to find a similar experience.
    Easily -- So you're saying that it's basically protein and veggies and fruits we're supposed to eat? I think I remember reading that someplace! Good luck with the Thursday weigh in and send some of your will power fairy dust this way so I can be super strict with you.
    Ferris -- Way to go on breaking through the 250 barrier!

Off to the gym after I do my hair and feed the dog and make the bed and whatever else I can find to delay the inevitable! Have a great day.
  • UBEE - That is a brilliant attitude hun ... yep its a learning journey and its great you aren't taking the negative direction and giving up. Im still doing the trial and error .. the weekends I am all over the place and I know I go up .. so glad I changed my weigh in day to Friday lol .. got to get back on track again cos this is really not a good option .. had a chocolate binge overload yesterday .. avoiding the scale today ... TOM is not helping me behave at all!

EASILY - Yeah Im not a big sweet fan .. other than chocolate .. then I can eat for Texas lol ... well .. even that gets sickening .. which I discovered yesterday I do remember someone telling me (after I told them about me rehoming my clothes) that I should Gok them (not sure if you know who Gok is .. but he is a brilliant UK fashion guru) ... so revamp them into something I can use .. but I remember how hard it was to find used clothes in my size that looked nice and not old and felt that it would be better to donate them for others to use and just get something else for me. My only regret when I look at the pile is how little colour there is in the pile! I must have looked like I had a funeral to go to every day!!! Oh and about the flavour of the cupcake .. from what I have experienced the ones I have tried have all be dry .. its like they must be a few days old and not nice and fresh .. I hate dry cake .. other than heated with custard lol ... so that is one of my first questions to my tasters .. is it dry?? Fortunately moist is more common than not so that is good lol.

BETSY - Im with you on the avoiding the gym lol .. but its good that you are going to go through with it too

Okee .. so its Tuesday for me .. and I have the trainer this afternoon for the last time (only paid for 3 sessions cos it was a special deal) .. then I have 3 sessions paid for on the Vibrafit trainer which will start next week. I have been dithering for the last hour as to whether I should cancel my trainer today cos Im tired and the weather is miserable .. BUT .. Im not going to .. I won't cancel when its my last one .. that was something that I said I wouldn't do this time round .. pay for something and not use it by making up excuses. Im tired true .. but I can have a nap if necessary .. its not for another 5 hours yet lol.

Baking day today too .. have decided its going to be Cheesecake Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache (might do a little bit of Passionfruit/Lemon jelly to go inside them) .. and then a simple chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache/frosting. Will crush some fresh hazelnuts to sprinkle on the chocolate ones I think too .. was contemplating some cookies but will be happy with this lot lol .. should keep me busy
    Hugs all!
  • Honeyyyyyyyy I'm hoooooooooome.

Gads that was a long trip. I feel like I spent more time in my car than anything else. Wednesday I was in the car from 10am until very nearly 9pm... then Saturday I was in the car from 1:30pm until about 7pm with a brief break to visit with a church where hubby is interviewing (fingers crossed for that one! the people were wonderful and the parsonage is beautiful). Then today (Monday) we were in the car from around 1pm until we got home just before 11pm.

I managed to walk a bit before we left (we stayed with the grandparents for brunch, which is why we left so late), and I walked around at all the rest stops, so I did my best to get *some* moving in, only 1.4 miles though.

I'll catch up with all of your posts since my last post tomorrow after I get some sleep. I'm exhausted!
  • FERA - Welcome home!! Cripes that is a lot of driving .. from where I am in NZ (Wellington) it takes us about 8 hours to drive up to Auckland (the biggest city in NZ) .. and then its another 6 hours I think to get to the tip of the North Island .. never been past Auckland though lol .. but we do at least a stop on the way for my hunny .. Im happy to just drive straight through Glad you had a wonderful time and visiting .. and will cross fingers for your darling too

Okee .. so migraine knocked me out for a few hours today .. so much for going to the gym BUT .. I did manage to get on the treadmill for 30 min. Had a few pain pills which knocked me out for 3.5 hours!!! Hence the reason I very rarely take anything cos Im so sensitive to it .. but my head felt like it was going to explode so had no choice really .. on the plus side its the first migraine in MONTHS so Im pleased about that
    Got up at 330 and thought OMG .. I haven't baked yet!!! So up I get, still a bit groggy though .. but headed to the kitchen and got busy. I made a simple chocolate cupcake first just to get me going ... and then I decided (idiot me) to play with my cheesecake cupcake recipe .. changing the flour to gluten free and using Almond Meal .. also Coconut sugar ... sigh .. should have left it til I was more alert so I could keep track of what I was doing .. but it didn't work out the way my original ones did The flavour is wonderful .. but its really rich .. so instead they will end up in the freezer as a dessert serving or something with a splash of custard or ice cream. So then I thought I better get dinner started, veges and chicken for me .. steak for hunny .. along with some beer batter fries for him too and crispy onion/garlic topping for his steak.
    We were watching a program on TV and I just kept thinking about the fact I only had a dozen cupcakes to take to work .. so after the program I got up and went out to the kitchen and whipped up a batch of Choc/Mallow cupcakes .. hunny likes them more than the basic chocolate ones lol .. then we watched another program while I waited for them to cool ... and just finished frosting them with Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting (white chocolate on some, reg chocolate on the rest).. so have them all packed and ready to go to work tomorrow for the customers .. I did ice a few of the cheesecake ones for those that may be gluten intolerant so they can have one too (white chocolate frosting on those ones) .. the rest are for the freezer .. or bin lol ..

So had a bad food weekend .. lots of carbs . and CHOCOLATE!! Yep .. TOM smacked me upside the head and I just lost control .. didn't want to look at the scales this morning to see the damage I had done this week ... so left it until I had the dinner on cooking before I thought .. well .. I better see what I did to myself .. and I have put on 0.2 pounds!! Talk about shocker ... I really thought it would be worse than that .. esp with TOM .. so will get back on track for the next few days to see what I can do for the weigh in .. while I still follow doctors orders of 1 pound max ... well .. I will try .. on the plus side .. the slow down of weight loss is making it feel a little less stressful trying to continue losing ... I do have my goal in sight and while Im not as close as I would like to be .. I realised this weekend that I can have these weekends and understand that its ok .. OCCASIONALLY .. I also realised that I felt crappy after this weekend too ... so going to do a bit more of a cleansing for the rest of the week .. no carbs, low sugar (none if I can help it) and lots of vegetables and fruit ... definitely need to get back into my fresh juice.

So . that is my admission of bad behaviour .. just in case you think I don't misbehave too .. believe me I do .. I just don't for stretches of time .. then do bulk at once lol .. Im a binge baddie ...
    Anyone else have any issues this last week?Weekend?
  • Thank you all for your kind posts.. 100 lbs off is a job... tho others here in this web site.. I have seen 200+ lbs off.. To me that is such a result of determination and strength! WOW..

Fera.. glad you are back!
    Ubee.. Thank you sunshine.. and yes Easily gave you a wonderful nick name I love it for you!
    Easily..100 DAYS of 5 mile walks WOW!!!! and SHAZAM! You are awesome - What is your next goal?
    Katt... I am sorry about your headache (Migraine) ouch... NONE today!! (I wonder if its from food sensitivity?)
    Betsy.. Ah yes our ages sure do make this journey alittle tougher.. But WE ARE TOUGHER than this journey! I enjoy your daily work (gardening and the grandkids) Now UBEE gets to start enjoying grandkid(s)

SW 4/28 225.8
    Lbs to lose: 29 lbs
    GW - 196.8 oh wow

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 222.2 (-3.6 ) Total loss= 3.6 good start!
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: DNW (Bad Sue!)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 229.0 (+6.8) total loss = +3.2 boo..GONE next week!
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 224.2 (-4.8) total loss = 1.6 so far .. sigh
    Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 220.4 (-3.8) total loss = -5.4 total Yay! did a fat fast last weekend
    Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 218.4 (-2.0) total loss = -7.4 cool beans!
    Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
    Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
    Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
    Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
    Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
    Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
    Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
    Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
    Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
    Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
  • Well, weighed in to check the damage... and *shocker* I was down 1.6 pounds from before I left. I LOST WEIGHT WHILE TRAVELING.

I feel accomplished.

Thanks everyone for the 'welcome backs' ... It got busy there at the end, and I didn't even mess with hubby's computer. So glad to be home and have *this* back. The typing required to communicate with y'all is the "thing to do with my hands" most times when I feel like I'm about to eat the kitchen.

Katt - Sorry to hear about your migraines (but YAY for reduced frequency!). I get them pretty frequently, too. At one point I was getting them 3-4x per week. Though since moving back to familiar territory and not being so stressed and unhappy (and thus sleeping better), they have all but disappeared. I usually only get one now at PMS time. My method of killing them is a dark room and an ice pack on the back of my neck. Pain meds happen after the throwing up if/when it happens. I can usually nip it though, because I get major warning signs that one is coming... First the shooting stars at the edges of my vision, then my left eye starts to feel like someone jabbed me. If I can get to it before it goes around to the back of my head, I can usually minimize the pain level and the length of time it's around. Migraines are not fun, and everyone on mom's side of the family gets them.

Easily - LOVE your dedication to getting your movement in... That's the hard part for me. The food part isn't so bad, it's making sure I move so I'm *healthy* after I lose the weight that's hard for me. Hope you're feeling better!

Sue - I'm sorry I missed the celebration! Late congrats to you for hitting that major MAJOR milestone!
  • Sue you not only lost 100 pounds but now you are under 220! This is so exciting!
    Easily 100 gulp miles? That is not even anywhere on my radar. Good for you!
    Katt I am with Sue and think your not feeling well may be food related. I had a BAD three days food wise... something has been bothering me and I didn't realize it until hubby brought it up. I was just busy shoving it down with food. The scale was not as kind to me as it was to you.
    Mandy glad you had a safe trip. Nice work on the walking!
    Betsy does Toby get a hair cut?
    Well, I cleaned our car and garage this morning. It was good exercise. I have a very sedetary life and (ding, ding, ding!) I think that is why I am a slow loser when I eat right.
  • EASILY - Feeling lots better today .. and yep .. I do believe it was food related .. I know I have had more carb this weekend than I have had for the last 9 months .. so carbs are a no go for the near future just like it was when I started this journey again last year. I am in awe of your 5 miles a day ... that just boggles my mind ... I thought it was hard enough doing the 5km walk (I think that is about 3 miles??) for that event in March .. but to do twice that every day is just mind boggling for me ... I really need to get a pedometer or something so I can see if I do even a mile a day at work .. hunny reckons I do more than that cos I don't sit down all day and walk all over the shop moving things and picking up things etc .. yeah .. definitely want to get a pedometer.

WANNA - Thanks .. yeah .. I think its a food thing too. I too have seen incredible numbers on here .. the link in my siggie is a great post from a lady who lost over 200 pounds and when I start dithering I go and read it to remind me of what is ahead and to keep me aware of why I am doing this journey for myself and those I love Another great loss again this week .. you are ROCKING!

FERA - Thats fab news about the loss .. I think if you are on the go when you go travelling you do tend to lose more than you think .. I know I did when I went travelling back in 2004 .. should have weighed myself before and after .. but I just went by the fact the clothes I started my trip with were looser by the time I got home lol. I too can usually control the attack before it takes hold .. but this time it wasn't going to be denied the chance to knock me about lol .. I think for me the worst part is that eye jab .. just makes you wanna poke your eye out .. I know I end up poking it trying to relieve the pain ... and I can usually get it under control without needing the meds but this one was one of the worst in a long time so I gave in to the knock out ... definitely going back to my original eating system cos I think an overload of carbs and chocolate did me in this time round.

EASILY - Welcome to my diet lol .. I have been having chicken breast and veges almost daily since August lol .. and if Im not I misbehaving by having high carb or take out ... but since I have started home made takeout its been better ... other than chicken fish is it .. I rarely have red meat now and really I so don't miss it. But I do miss my veges when I haven't had them for a couple of nights.

UBEE - I think for me it was me getting complacent instead of being aware of what I was doing. I really need to get some more of my beaded cross stitches to do cos it keeps my hands busy and keeps my mind more occupied than playing on the computer or watching tv with hunny. I do have a few little ones and a big one to do .. but I really loved doing the beaded ones lol .. just need to get caught up on all the bills now I am back to working full time (minimum payments were getting made when I wasn't working which was fine, but we want to clear them by the end of the year and just have the mortgage to deal with so we can start to save for a holiday/honeymoon) ... not to mention my lay-by (I think that is lay away??? Where you go to buy something but you pay it off and don't get it until its all paid for??) ... my 3 teddy bears ... hundreds of dollars for my bears but they are worth it and I have $10 to pay on one of them so that will be my treat for reaching the 230s ... hey .. just realised that means Im down about 125 pounds!! kewl

Right so another working week starting for me .. a little later this week cos I am working through to next Monday (so Wed - Mon) ... very happy to be going back to work ... the weather is miserable which will mean either today will be fantastically busy ... or disgustingly quiet lol .. Im hoping for the former .. makes the day go faster. So gonna enjoy my latte and then head off

Have a great middle of the week everyone .. oh wait .. thats tomorrow for most of you .. ok .. enjoy pre-middle of week then lol
  • Whew! Well work craziness did not slow down at all! Will try to catch up soon I promise Good to see everyone's post and great results too!

START WEIGHT: 343.00(5/5)
    GOAL WEIGHT: 298.00
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 45.00
    ACHIEVED: 8.0
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 335.00

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 337.2 (5/12)
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 332.6 (5/18)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 335.0 (5/24) booo
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: DNW
    Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: DNW
    Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 326.0 (6/10) will update on 15th
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
  • Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 225.6 (-1.2) TOM
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 220.6 (-5)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 217 (-3.6)
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 216.4 (-.6) TOM
    Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 214.6 (-1.8)
    Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 214 (-.6)
    Officially 15 lbs away from onderland!
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
  • ALI - Well done hun ... fantastic work over the last few weeks obviously Keep up the great work

WATCH - Happy dancing for you ... Im not even thinking of Onederland .. even tho Im now closer to it than Threeville ... just looking forward to seeing 20th avenue in TwoTown

Nice day at work .. but happy to be home .. definitely wasn't busy customer-wise .. mind you .. that also means I didn't have enough customers to give the cupcakes too .. soooooo .. they are going in the freezer lol .. was busy stock wise though so it did make the day go quicker .. I got to set up the sale wall for the accessories (scarves & jewellery) .. and the did the 20 boxes of stock .. so was on my feet all day .. although today I did take a 20 minute break (unusual for me lol).. and then as I didn't get my full pay it changed our plans from going to get the groceries to going and getting a PitaPit for dinner .. was delicious Will get the rest of the pay on Saturday fortunately lol .. happily this shouldn't happen again cos now I am based back at my original store and won't be working at the other ones
    So time to chill .. weather is miserable outside .. but nowhere near as bad as other places in NZ which have been experiencing really terrible weather - storms and floods .. so Im happy with the stormy rainy weather .. could be worse

Happy night everyone
  • Just a quick note as I have to go to the Co-op (ugh......double ugh) to help people figure out how to do their jobs on the computer (make that triple ugh). Still struggling with resisting the carb meanies, but at least I'm not gaining weight....just not losing.

Yes, Ubee, Toby is getting a hair cut. I'm going to have him basically shaved for the summer as he has a lot of hair. Plus he's getting a bath, nail trim, and ear cleaning. Basically I'm taking $100 so my dog can have a spa day. What was that we were talking about putting others before ourselves.
  • Oh my gosh. I did the "well, I wonder..." step on the scale this morning to see how much water may have come off after a day of decent eating, proper hydration, and a little exercise... and I was down another 2.2 pounds, meaning I actually lost over 3 pounds while on my trip! Totally shocked.

I need to start thinking about what my next book is going to be.
  • Fera! Nice surprise and a wonderful gift of that lower scale no for you! Meant you did good!!! too cool! Another book.... what do you write about?
  • Ali Good for you and that loss WOOHOO!
    and
    Watchout... I am watching!!! OOOOO I will run alittle faster to try and catch up to you (if I can - but you are running to Onderland too!) I am thrilled with excitement for you!!!

Katt... Shoot for the Migraines. shooot... I hope that you figure out what causes it.... But still no Gallbladder attacks lately?? I hope??!!!

Betsy.. very very nice of you to teach and help people (Computer) Shoot.. you tell me what I should know.. that we are here to help each other out. Thank you for the reminder and how nice YOU are!