Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #151  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

AHHH I have so many things to catch up on with you all! I love reading about busy lives. Will post those tonight. I have to run to work (well wade as we had 3 inches of rain last night - Yikes.. Got my snorkel and fins with me just in case! LOL)

SW 4/28 225.8
Lbs to lose: 29 lbs
GW - 196.8 oh wow

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 222.2 (-3.6 ) Total loss= 3.6 good start!
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: DNW (Bad Sue!)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 229.0 (+6.8) total loss = +3.2 boo..GONE next week!
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 224.2 (-4.8) total loss = 1.6 so far .. sigh
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 220.4 (-3.8) total loss = -5.4 total Yay! did a fat fast last weekend
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

SW 263
Lbs to lose: 15
GW 248
Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 263
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 262
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 260
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: ?
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 256
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
Will be back to chat later!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

START WEIGHT: 294
GOAL WEIGHT: 270
TOTAL TO LOSE: 24
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11:297
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18:299
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:293
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:291
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:298
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #154  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

WANNA - Wahoo ... look at that lovely drop ... the fat fast was definitely worth it

UBEE - WELCOME BACK SUNSHINE!!! And look at that loss You better be jumping up and down in glee girly! Lovely to see you on the board again

SILENT - Okee .. not a great week for you .. BUT .. you are still in TwoTown so that is something to celebrate right? Im sure you will knock off a chunk of that next week

Just waiting for my hunny to wake up so we can have breakfast together .. he is going out with the boys for his monthly boys night curry (icky) so Im tossing up what to have for my dinner tonight .. swinging between toasted cottage cheese sandwiches or soup ... or something completely different lol .. but as Im not hungry or thinking of food right now I will leave that for later .. am going to bake later this afternoon when we get back from the gym as its Wednesday tomorrow and I like to take it for the customers at work Just going to do my simple Vanilla cupcakes .. but want to put a filling in this time .. tossing up between a white chocolate cream cheese .. or a chocolate ganache .. again .. will see what inspiration strikes when I get round to baking

Have a good day all .. must be Monday for most of you right? So I hope the start of the week is good for you
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #155  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ohh my goodness Katt.. You should do the white chocolate cream cheese. Just reading that made my mouth water. That sounds amazing.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #156  

I am never taking a break again! So much to catch up on and I missed everyone!
Betsy glad to see your numbers going down! We have been bouncing for too long.
Stephanie I really feel for you with hubby gone. If you get too lonely just jump on here, some of us can be quite chatty. Thanks for your talk about the food will always be there. I was struggling with a meal I will be at a few weeks from now and I realized I can have that treat anytime.
Silent do you think some of your gain could be water or TOM related?
Star congrats on your loss!
Ferris it is my no longer secret dream to be in the 220's by September.
Lost thanks for reminding us all that someone would wake up and be oh so happy to be at our weight.
Easily I am with you on the nuts. You are getting so close to 200!
Wana nice loss! I gotta give you credit for a fat fast. I am always eating and I don't even remember putting it in my mouth.
Ali such a pretty girl you are! Love it when others share their pictures.
Welcome Fera/Mandy!
Watchout love the dress! I am so excited for you to be so close to seeing that 1 as a first number. I can not wait for my turn! Love your sleeveless top attitude!
Katt your updated photo is so inspiring! You are getting like the TP roll. The closer you get to goal, the less you have to take off to make a big difference. After seeing your front I understand why your goal weight is higher. The girls sure must add to the scale weight.
I am glad to be back and so want to keep motivated!
You are all awesome!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #157  
~*Mandy*~

Hi Ubee!

Well. My need to walk 3/4 miles twice a day is done... I was dog sitting for someone that lives a quarter mile away, so half mile round trip, and then I'd wander about outside with the pup to make sure he did his business (I say pup, but he's actually a 13 year old, nearly 100 pound chesapeake bay retriever that doesn't realize he's a) not a puppy anymore and b) not a lap dog).

Looks like I'm going to have to start making use of the treadmills available for community use in the student union to get my daily walking in. Without taking care of the dog, I lose half of my steps per day!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #158  
Trying again

UBEE - I almost wet myself laughing at your comment about my girls .. and yep .. the puppies add a few pounds to a scale lol ... mind you .. their journey to join my knees is definitely not a good one so sometime will eventually have to be done with em lol So missed your comments on the board.

FERA - Sounds like you are set for plans and back up plans for your walking .. great job Your dog sounds gorgeous too

Okee .. well I had a lovely day off with my hunny .. even if I did get up a couple of hours before he did lol .. poor hunny must have stayed up longer than I thought playing with his new music programs on the computer (I fell asleep lol) ... we had a late breakfast .. then had a nice slow start to the rest of the day. We drove into town where he dropped me off at the gym for my session with the trainer .. I was about 15 minutes early so I went straight onto the treadmill to warm up before the trainer (did level 3 of the weight loss program for 15 minutes) .. then had a good 30 minutes with the trainer who was so positive about my stance etc .. apparently I am a thinking exerciser .. I evaluate my moves as I am doing them and always adjusting to get it right, as well as watching everything she is doing when she is showing me what the next move is going to be Have one more training session with her for this sort of training .. and then have 3 sessions on the vibrafit machine ... and then I will look into more trainer sessions .. but I have already paid for these ones so may just stick to the routines she has already given me for a month or two then pay for another few sessions to learn some new ones or something ... will all depend on the finances of course

After the workout I had a lovely hot shower, got dressed in my new size 16 tights!! and went off to meet up with hunny at the mall for a muffin and coffee. Then it was off to the supermarket to get some bits for a recipe I wanted to try to make for my customers tomorrow .. and it was dinner alone for me tonight cos he had a boys night out to go to (its a monthly thing .. curry night with the boys .. which I am really happy he does cos otherwise he doesnt really go anywhere without me!) .. so I had gotten this new low carb bread to try and made myself a couple of toasted sandwiches which I filled with Lite Cottage Cheese w/ Chives & Garlic, mixed with 2tsp of powdered Parmesan Cheese .. then my real treat for it was my fave chicken bacon (so low in calorie and fat and soooooo tasting like bacon lol) which I had dry fried on the George Foreman before adding to the sandwich .. and boy was that filling and so delicious ... on the down side that bread may be low carb but it is high calorie .. hence only 2 sandwiches instead of the 3 I originally thought I was going to have

Now ... baking .. I figured it would be a good time to do it while hunny was gone ... so I tried a few changes to my Vanilla cupcake recipe ... I reduced the sugar (as it was caster sugar and fine I figured really it didnt need that much and I knew there was going to be icing on it too lol) ... AND .. instead of just using flour .. I used 3/4 of the flour and the other 1/4 was Almond Meal .. but I might change that to half and half next time. I also added in a couple of tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt too (just the plain light one). No milk either Then to try something a little different .. I crushed about 12 Sweet Digestive biscuits (NZ Graham Crackers lol) really fine and put a layer of it at the bottom of each cupcake liner before I put the batter on it then sprinkled a bit more of it on top before I baked them AND THEY WORKED!! lol .. Mother in law just came back to tell me she really loved this new one .. especially the surprise crumb at the bottom .. was almost like a cheesecake but with a cake instead of creamy middle part I have made a White Chocolate/Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting to go on top ... contemplating putting my Passionfruit/Lemon jelly IN the cupcake first though to give a real surprise ... while I have saved calories in some places others I have added .. and yeah .. this is definitely not look like one of my low cal, dairy free OR gluten free ones lol .. but the book has to have a few extreme ones I think .. just for variety ... Im thinking this could be a lovely dessert too .. anyway .. will let you know what I decide and try to remember to take a pic lol.

So now Im relaxing .. waiting for it all to cool so I can finish them off and pack them up for work tomorrow .. so its been a great day How has yours been???
Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #159  

Good Day!
Mandy I walk to the other end of my little town almost everyday to buy a lottery ticket. Whenever I feel like slacking I tell myself "What if this is my lucky day!" I'm such a sucker.
Katt what kind of exercises does your trainer teach you? Do you use weights? A machine? Your body weight? Sorry I am daft in this area. (All right in many others also!)
Easily I haven't measured for months. Thanks for the reminder! Where are you going on vacation? Maybe while you are there you could forget to bring home your hormones...

I already walked my husband to work and then went further to buy my winning ticket!!! Next I will weed the worlds smallest garden, do some laundry and the drive to a big town to take my daughter to the doctor for a check up. What I really need to do is weed my eyebrows!
Have a glorious day!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #160  
~*Mandy*~

Ubee... I live in Columbia, SC... and not in the pretty historical part, in the bad "crime all the time" part... I'm not a fan of walking outside, especially off campus. (Seriously, there was a double stabbing like, right across the street from my apartment a couple months ago, we heard the screaming and luckily there was a patrol car near by... and a couple years ago, there was a murder on the street we cross to get the mail/go to the gym)... Definitely looking forward to moving this summer to "small town" area. Hubby has an interview this Saturday in middle-of-nowhere Indiana and I hope he gets it!

Easily... Good for you not letting the scale boss you around! Whenever it doesn't change, I remind myself that everyone else sees the measurements, only I see the number on the scale.

Katt... Not my pup. Wish I had one that big and feisty! I used to, but he died a few years ago This is a friend's dog we were watching while they vacationed at the beach. Also, white chocolate, cream cheese, and lemon are like... my 3 favorite flavors for any dessert thing. Not sure what passion fruit tastes like, but I'm sure it is amazing. If you lived closer I'd offer to pay for shipping to get one of those. They sound fantastic!

I'm procrastinating. I really need to do laundry and pack... traveling the next 5 days. Oy. Traveling always makes swell up.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #161  
~*Mandy*~

I do walk at home a lot. Turn on the music and a 30 minute timer and step on and off of my wii fit board And the FitBit One has a sleep function (it came with wrist band with a pocket to wear at night). Basically the same idea. You push and hold the button til it vibrates, and then a timer starts up. Then you push and hold it again in the morning when you're ready to get up. You can edit the times when you log into the site later, as well. Like if you were laying down reading, for 30 minutes, you can just change your start time on your dashboard the next day. It's nifty so far. I love the flower that 'grows'... the more active you are, the taller it gets!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #162  
Trying again

Okee .. so will see if this works lol .. these are my newest recipe .. Cheesecake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. Im useless at decorating (I have a close friend for that if its a special occasion lol) .. but hunny says this recipe is one of my best lately .. and he isn't happy that they are going to work for the customers lol ..

PS = SORRY THE PIC IS SO BIG

Last edited by Nightkatt; 06-03-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #163  
~*Mandy*~

Well, I went ahead and weighed in early (before my trip) to see what damage the 2 restaurant meals did.. and I was rewarded with a pleasant surprise!

Start Weight: 323.0
Goal Weight: 299!
Loss goal: 24 pounds

Week 04 - MAY 30: 319.6 (-3.4)
Week 05 - JUNE 3: 317.6 (-2.0)

Week 06 - JUNE 13:
Week 07 - JUNE 20:
Week 08 - JUNE 27:
Week 09 - JULY 4:
Week 10 - JULY 11:
Week 11 - JULY 18:
Week 12 - JULY 25:
Week 13 - AUGUST 1:
Week 14 - AUGUST 8:
Week 15 - AUGUST 15:
Week 16 - AUGUST 22:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUGUST 29:

Total lost: 5.4

Pounds to go: 18.6

Last edited by FeraFilia; 06-13-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #164  
Trying again

EASILY - It could be that your body is just settling into its new routine which is why no change this week even with sticking to plan and doing all the right things .. frustrating much? heck yes .. but as you said your measurements have really shown the work you have been doing which is why I think when you start its a really good idea to take them
I hope you have a good break, sounds like you really need one

UBEE - Well .. last week I was shown the Swiss Ball .. so I did squats with it rolling down the wall against my back (which I must say I felt was easier for me cos I have crap balance so it made me feel more confident to lean back into the squat rather than forward), then I had to put my foot onto it and do like circles in each direction rolling it .. after that I was shown how to lie on it with my shoulders and neck supported on it while I did weights (sort of bench press but on the ball instead of a bench lol). In between it was things like step ups and wall push ups. This week I got to use one of the big machines and did pulling the weights in 2 different ways, step ups, side steps, sort of twist at the waist to pick up hand weights with alternate hands and lifting them up (I described it to her as a disco point lol) … then there were the stretches sort of things and the push ups on the wall again. Don’t feel it as much as I did last week .. but that could have been because I did the 45 minute pilates in the morning and the trainer 30 min in the afternoon lol. I also like being on the treadmill so did my warm up on that this week, last week I was on the bike for the warm up I have booked into the sauna on Thursday at 1 .. only because I am planning on getting on the treadmill at 12 so will probably need it cos I want to do 5km (figure I should be able to do that as I did the 5km in March in less than an hour .. this is a way for me to see if I am still able to do that or if my lack of sticking to exercise has put me back to square one). I envy you your ickle garden .. I would love something like that .. but then I have a black thumb and kill anything like that (yes even cactus die with me … weeds have a great chance of survival lol) .. giggle on the weeding the eyebrows .. I had my first ever plucky thing on my eyebrows last August .. yeah .. still dont see how it makes you feel good lol .. and yes I am prob definitely overdue for another weed lol.

FERA - Awww sorry about that hun, must have missed that part. I have 4 dogs .. but they are all small .. so I say its 1 big dog that had too many personalities so split into the 4 I now have lol … Well .. as you can see from the pic my cheesecake base experiment worked which I was happy with .. wasn’t sure if I would need to add a binder to them or not but was hoping that the liquid from the batter would hold them together and I was right Going to try to add a chocolate drop or something next time on the crumbs to see if it can leave a gooey centre to the cake .. definitely some experimentation going to go on with this recipe before I am happy with it .. but so far so good I love travelling .. I figure it keeps me on my toes and last time I travelled I lost weight lol .. so its something I would love to do again. Going somewhere nice I hope?

EASILY - They definitely do push .. but she is lovely about it taking into account the injuries I have on my body and if they are hurting when I get there then she just focuses on another area or changes the exercise a little for less impact on the sore muscle or joint. I must say .. causing you to walk away from a choice is a bit of a giggle .. never thought I would have that effect, but its a good one And I love the idea of finding that Special one … I think it should always be like that .. rather than just picking it cos its on offer .. its a case of if you are going to have an indulgence then it should be one you enjoy and embrace and remember, rather than just another indulge .. they should be special So thank you for that …

Right well .. better get going to work .. got my morning Starbucks and have a long day .. didn't sleep much last night (darn book ... why I can't just put a book down halfway through is beyond me .. had to finish it .. 2am!! Alarm 6.40 lol) .. so a little groggy .. didn't even know what day it was and thought it was Monday lol .. didn't half give the Starbucks guy a giggle .. he thought he was bad for pre-coffee concept of time .. but I was 2 days out!! lol
I hope everyone else is doing well .. once I play with my Cheesecake Cupcake recipe a few more times I will post the recipe if you want to give it a go .. only after I have worked out everything do I start changing it to accommodate the different requirements (dairy free, gluten free, low cal etc) .. so it may take a while lol .. Hugs!

Last edited by Nightkatt; 06-03-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #165  
~*Mandy*~

We are traveling to Indianapolis for a church gathering. Nothing fancy. Mostly business stuff. But they are feeding us and paying for the hotel (and it's a Marriott at least), so I can't really complain. Plus, I get to visit some family that I haven't seen in a couple years while I'm up that way since it's just a 2.5 hour drive away.