May Day May Day Challenge

You're on Page 10 of 28
Go to
  • Got it done! 30 minutes of step aerobics and 276 calories, according to my HRM
  • Okee .. so weigh in was a nice result this week ... was a little higher than I thought cos I was only a few grams higher after my Tuesday gym trip .. so Im figuring some of the workout yesterday took me up from what it could have been had I not done it .. but Im still glad I did and Im just really happy I went down .. even if it was more than the 1 pound a week the doc wants

START WEIGHT: 246.3
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 26.3
    ACHIEVED: - 6.1 pounds

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 244.7 (-1.6)
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 242.4 (-2.4)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 240.3 (-2.1)
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
    Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
    Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
    Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
    Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
    Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
    Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
    Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
    Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
    Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
    Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
    Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
    Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Will do catch up with everyone tonight
  • Congrats on your loss, Katt!
  • Easily - My name comes from my days of taking Latin about a thousand years ago in high school... I'm not sure the grammar is entirely correct, and the words should probably be reversed.. but fera is an adjective, means wild... filia is a noun means child (f) or daughter. So... It's sort of Latin for wild child.

In other news. OMIGOSH I DID IT! 10 pounds gone! Something about that first 10 pounds...

I'll highlight my losses in green, my gains in red, and my "did not weighs" in purple.

Start Weight: 323.0
    Goal Weight: 299!
    Loss goal: 24 pounds

Week 04 - MAY 30: 319.6 (-3.4)
    Week 05 - JUNE 6: (out of town)
    Week 06 - JUNE 13:
    Week 07 - JUNE 20:
    Week 08 - JUNE 27:
    Week 09 - JULY 4:
    Week 10 - JULY 11:
    Week 11 - JULY 18:
    Week 12 - JULY 25:
    Week 13 - AUGUST 1:
    Week 14 - AUGUST 8:
    Week 15 - AUGUST 15:
    Week 16 - AUGUST 22:
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUGUST 29:

Total lost: 3.4

Pounds to go: 20.6
  • I'll be up where it's less hot... We're going to Indy for a church assembly and my husband has an interview with a congregation (fingers crossed!) and then visiting family in Ohio.

I'm kinda scared of the time in Indy... Lutherans know how to put out a spread of food. I'll be like a kid in a candy store that was told not to touch.
  • Not a big loss, but I'll take it!

Off to pick up my grands for the weekend, so still not getting a chance to post anything. Trying to create a low calorie Pad Thai recipe using spaghetti squash and PB2. If if works out, I'll post it.

START WEIGHT: 347.8
    GOAL WEIGHT: 316
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 31.8
    ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 347.8 (START)
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 335.8 (-12.0 -- BIG whoosh!)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 336.0 (+0.2)
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 334.4 (-1.6)
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
  • START WEIGHT: 330.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
    ACHIEVED: 8.4

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 322.6 (-3.4 lbs.)
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 322.0 (-0.6 lbs.)
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Well today was a bit disappointing, but I am trying not to let it get me down. I tried to prepare myself last night, knowing that I had way too much sodium yesterday and it would probably reflect poorly on the scale this morning, but it still kind of hurts. A loss is a loss and I should be celebrating -0.6 lbs. I looked back in my WW booklet and noticed that the last time I lost 0.# lbs. that I had a bigger loss the next week, so I am going to keep at it.

Nightkatt: GREAT job on the exercise you got in! I called my local YMCA yesterday to get the price for membership and it's $38/mo. That's a bit steep for me right now, on top of what I am paying for WW. Out of curiousity, does your healthcare there cover the cost of the gym?

Ali06: Glad you had a great time over the weekend while being "disconnected". Sometimes that's exactly what we need. I am sure that weight will be off in no time.

Easily Amused: Hey, I have a drawer full of Spanx that I've never worn also. Lol. I do remember Delta Burke! I wear a swimming suit when I am at home, but out in public... no way. A baggy t-shirt and shorts. I don't care what kind of looks I get. But really, I avoid those types of situations in public. I look forward to being able to go to a public jacuzzi (I LOVE jacuzzis) or a water park and not having to worry!

FeraFilia: I know how it is when you have a dessert that you need to eat up. I watched my husband eat a piece of his ice cream birthday cake every night for a week straight and he still lost weight! Lol. MEN! I had 2 pieces during two different weigh-in periods. The cake was approx. 440 cals for a slice. Next year I will buy a smaller one. For a light dessert, I really like fat free chocolate pudding with a dollop of whipped cream. So good. If I have extra calories, I will crumble up half of a chocolate chip cookie and put it on top.

Silentartic: Your non-plan sounds fabulous! I really like your outlook on things. I, too, can't find any enjoyment in a celery stick, no matter how hard I try, so I don't eat them. I focus on looking for ways to fit the things I do like into my days (the trick is just that I can't have everything on the SAME day... this may seem obvious, but it took me a while to figure out lol) while trying to keep nutrition in mind.

Wannaskip: Keep up the great work! I hope the scale was kind to you.

betsy: Enjoy your weekend with the grands and your pad thai! Let us know how it goes.

AND CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR LOSSES!! WOOHOO!!

Something that is on my mind and may help someone else... I am an emotional eater. Before I was ready to do this weight loss thing, I would actually get so emotional and anxious that I would cry over the thought of not being able to have fast food french fries every day, etc. It literally felt like the end of the world to me. But now I am able to go to restaurants and order steamed broccoli even if they offer fries on the menu. I just tell myself that fries will ALWAYS be there and I can have them when I plan for them. It sounds so simple when I type it out, but it was really difficult to get to this point and I am so happy to be here!
  • Can't believe I didn't weigh in last week- normally I'm obsessed with weighing myself, but I've been so busy with work that I didn't weigh myself until this morning!

START WEIGHT: 258
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 38
    ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 258 (START)
    Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 256.4 (-1.6)
    Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: No weigh in
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 253 (-3.4)
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

June is going to be a strict month for me. I need to see if I can control my cravings so I'm having a no junk food, low carb month, but bringing dairy back into my diet in limited amounts. I'm also giving myself a challenge- my gym puts up a list of the 20 people who've attended most times each month, and my goal is to see my name on that list again (It was there for Feb and March, but then things got a bit wonky). I also started my two-a-week personal training sessions and it's a killer, but hopefully I'll get some good results. I so desperately want to hit my 220 goal by September!
  • Just popping in to state that my husband is, in fact, pretty freakin awesome.

He got some money for graduation, and agreed to spend some on me... and I'm getting a FitBit tomorrow!
  • Got a FitBit One in burgundy. Ready to move and make the flower grow!

I am so so so excited. Just need to figure out how the sleep thing works.
  • Easily Amused: That sounds like a good plan... sometimes you just have to make room for what you're craving (within reason). Strange that a HEALTH magazine would have the 10 best fries though! Lol. It's like... gee, thanks A LOT guys!

FeraFilia: Awesome! Enjoy your new "toy". My husband got one passed down to him from his dad just today and he is trying to figure it out right now too... Trying not to get tooooo jealous.
  • Hi everyone,

I stuck to my goal last week of writing down everything I ate into My Fitness Pal. However , I didn't eat the greatest! This week I will continue this goal and stop the snacking after dinner ( well most nights).

START WEIGHT: 314.8
    GOAL WEIGHT: 289.8
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
    ACHIEVED:

Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 314.8 (start)
    Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 314.2 (-0.6)
    FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
  • Hi everyone!!

Sorry .. its been a busy few days and I just haven’t had time to chat by … but Im leaving everything else till later so I can catch up properly with you all

FERA - Thanks hun And WAHOO to you on your great 10 pounds .. isn’t it fantastic!? I still remember my first 10 .. it was such a weight off my mind because by then I had started my mantra “I can’t lose 100 pounds .. but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times” so it was only 9 to go lol. Love the definition of your name too As for your trip away .. think of it as an educational trip … if you do decide to “treat” yourself off plan .. don’t stress or it will be a wasted experience lol .. instead, embrace, enjoy and learn why you make the choices you do .. even if that is done when you get the chance to review rather than at the time of the choice

EASILY - Thankies Just keep in mind a misbehaving scale is a moment in your day, your week, your month or your year … Im sure it will start behaving again Nothing wrong with being Easily Amused .. will give you something to giggle about in my update lol.

BETSY - You are going great .. and look .. you got rid off that ickle add on last week as well as more besides .. took me 2 weeks to get rid of my add on So be proud of your success this week hun I hope you do manage to get your recipe done .. it sounds like something I could make for my hunny

STEPHANIE - Im sure if you jump on the scales tomorrow it would be gone further anyway so don’t stress .. its still a move in the right direction .. all those little “-“ in front of your numbers is looking good! I was a gym member for over a year and never attended … talk about a waste .. well .. I did attend .. but rarely .. so now I am determined to see the inside of it at least once a week if I am paying $60 a month! But I figure its 3 coffees a week that I won’t have And noooo .. the gym is definitely not covered by health care lol … actually I don’t have Health care … we have a pretty good health system in NZ if you don’t mind waiting lists lol .. you can go private but it does cost more and you can get health insurance too as an option, but I don’t .. refused to pay so much each week for something that I would so rarely use .. would cost me less just to pay as I go than to pay every week/month for something that I may never use. I LOVE your new thought processes in regards to the fries .. and yes .. you are right .. I do admit I love on a cold day a nice cup of french fries to nibble on … fortunately we haven’t had any of those days yet though where the craving has hit .. but from the times I have been treated to fish and chips I usually am good about restricting myself to only 10-15 chips (fries). So make sure you celebrate your new knowledge on this journey with something special .. a bubble bath? A food rub? definitely something to make you feel good

FERRIS - lol .. no prob .. I have had weeks like that .. Im still stunned May has gone now … mind you the temps definitely make it believable … are you getting snow down there yet?? Be careful of the amount of things you restrict in a time frame .. you don’t want your body to feel like its hard done by … and I love your goal for the gym too … Im just hoping I get there regularly 1-2 times a week lol .. will build it up .. still a little sore from Thursday lol.

FERA - Yay about the Fitbit!! I have just been looking at them cos I want something to track how many steps I do in a day at work let alone anything else lol .. your hubby is a star for sure I have been looking at the same Fitbit … someone is selling one I know and it looks really good

STARFISH - Good on you! I haven’t been as good at food tracking .. but I have been mentally tracking better than I usually do I am going to have supper soon .. tried giving that up and instead the 2am wake up craving would hit .. now at least I can sleep through the night lol .. good loss though anyway

Had a lovely and fun filled weekend ... busy working of course but its still been great

Soooo .. lets see .. ok .. on Friday I was a little sore after the gym on Thursday so was taking it easy-ish at work, but it was a very busy day so no chance for a break for me .. anyway ... I got home and was relaxing after dinner on the couch .. I hadn't gotten round to getting changed yet so still had on my new sparkly top .. so I was resting back on the couch and hunny was on his lazy-boy rocker with his feet up and we were watching something funny on tv .. I, of course, kept laughing ...
    HIM - "Hunny?"
    ME - "Yes dear?"
    H - "Can you take off your top?"
    M - "Huh?? Why?"
    H - "you are blinding me when you laugh"
    I thought about it for a minute then sighed and said ok ... BUT ... when I tried to sit up enough to take it off my abs decided to rebel reminding of what I had put them through the day before ... so here I am trying to sit up feeling like an upside-down turtle who couldn't get back up which just made us laugh .. which hurt more .. which made us laugh more etc ... after about 15 minutes, tears streaming down our cheeks and feeling out of breath I finally got control and managed to sit up. Then the MIL came in and saw the tears in my eyes and thought her son had upset me which just started us laughing again .. she looked at us like we were nuts but we finally got control again enough to tell her my sparkle had started this whole laugh-fest .. she looked a little puzzled for about 10 seconds then just said "if it sparkles . turn off the light" .. .so logical so that just set us off again .... needless to say .. it was a very good form of exercise but boy did I feel it on Saturday lol.

So Saturday it was work again and another great and busy day at work .. came home to find out hunny had put out 2 chicken breasts on the bench to defrost and the stray cat of the neighbourhood got in and nicked one of them lol .. he was not amused my hunny and really wants to set a trap for it .. as I said to my hunny "look, if that cat is willing to come into a house with 4 dogs and nick a piece of their dinner ... then its earned it lol"

So he had sausages and I had the other piece of chicken lol ... along with a plate of vegetables

Today (Sunday) was another lovely day at work .. for a long weekend in NZ the weather has been beautiful .. unfortunately the mornings are freezing lol .. but the days are lovely and work was busy again Came home to a lovely bowl of chicken/corn soup for me .. and hunny had chicken gumbo ... I did some baking last night which I took to work for the customers but had a few cupcakes left so we will have those for supper (Coconut/Lemon .. and Vanilla cupcakes).

Soooo its been a lovely weekend and I have really enjoyed it .. cramped up something rotten last night .. but feeling better today .. its just my right leg so will have to talk to my trainer about that on Tuesday ... meanwhile tomorrow its work again .. this time in the outlet store so hopefully its busier than normal Mondays otherwise it will be a long day ... I think its going to be Panko Chicken for dinner tomorrow night .. if I tell hunny how to do it lol... on the plus side .. I have Tuesday off .. and hunny is taking it off too so we can finally have a day together which will be lovely .. other than my gym time in the afternoon that is lol ..

Hugs all
  • Katt - When I was getting cramps from working out it was because the birth control I was taking was somewhat blocking the absorption of potassium which is important for muscle function. Doctor told me add more kale, white potatoes, and bananas (and other such high-potassium produce) in my diet as they fit (obviously avoid the white potatoes and bananas if you are low-carbing), and if I still had problems to get a supplement. It seemed to help tremendously. And, of course, hydration is a big player in cramping muscles... That's why athletes tend to cramp up at the end of games.

Guys. I LOVE MY FITBIT. I've had it a day, and I was so determined to get some steps in that I walked almost 4 miles yesterday! I'm at 1.5 today already, with plenty of time in the day left. SO GREAT.

I'll need it, too, because we have dinner out planned with friends for hubby's birthday... but some folks from church were all, "hey, have lunch with us... our treat!" and you know, free food... So 2 restaurant meals today.

I'm gonna need my
  • Wasn't feeling good today so I ended up not going into work .. but my body obviously needed it and is feeling a lot better now

FERA - Yes I do have low potassium and you are right ... darn hard to find things we can take in vitamin form that has high amounts .. which seems silly when its such a vital mineral for our bodies .. still .. bananas are my friends although I do need to get another bunch or two this week cos I ran out again lol . Definitely drink a lot of water ... its a minimum of 1.5l a day.

Had a nice day with my hunny just resting today .. I did make a yummy dinner with him tonight .. marinated some breast chicken for an hour and then rolled in panko & parmesan ... dry fried it and enjoyed it with carrot, broccoli, courgette & brussell sprouts ... hunny had his usual mashed potatoes and had sausages instead of the chicken lol ... then we had a little bit of custard for dessert with a couple of cookies .. not the best really and my Sat Fat for the day was too high .. but it happens so rarely that Im not going to stress too much lol .. Im back on track for noting all of my food again in my calorie counter .. target is still 1700 cal a day .. did just over 1500 so got to enjoy the treats but still under

I have my second time with the trainer tomorrow afternoon, little nervous about that cos Im still a little sore in my right leg but Im still going through with it cos I am sure my trainer will be able to give me some more tips

On Wednesday (payday yay!) Im going to get myself a Swiss Ball so I can try some of the exercises at home that my trainer has given me .. and a couple of hand weights ... My goal this weeks weigh in is another pound and I think Im on the right path .. waiting to hear my blood results still .. but I figure no news is good news

How has everyone else's weekend been?? Little quiet peeps