300+ Tough Love

You're on Page 7 of 18
Go to
  • Atlanta I understand that feeling!! Its fine to have your cry, we all need it from time to time...just can't stay there. Use it for fuel and motivation...... less than 2 weeks ago I weighed 353, today I weighed in at 337.2. Every time that scale moves down it makes me that much more determined to stick with it. While I was just sick to see that starting number now I'm just elated to see how far I've come already. Just remember if you stick with your plan then you'll never way this again!
  • NOT ENOUGH EXERCISE!!!
  • How do you guys exercise without wanting to die? If I walk more than two blocks I am out of breath and need a break. I thought I would have to lose weight through eating right to begin with, and then get exercising when I have a little less to carry around. I marvel that some of you seem to be able to move around much better than I do.
    Betsy2013 - I am so jealous of your lunch! Enjoy.
    Ali06 Congratulations on the downward numbers. That is great news. What plan are you sticking to? Calorie counting?
  • Yesterday hubby grilled pork chops for lunch and I threw a salad together. It was so good and fresh. My daughters came home and the youngest brought dinner. I ate a bit much at dinner. I will be back at it hard today.
    POP stands for perfectly on plan.
    I did get lots of exercise chasing my grandson. Lol.
    Hope all moms had a great day. Well I hope everyone did!!!

Yard and garden work on my plan for today.
  • Got through the big dinner yesterday but had a slip up on evening snack. It's sunny and warm here this week, so lots of yard work to get done.

Atalanta I'm with you on exercising being painful. I know that I've done a lot of damage to both my hips and knees with carrying around an extra 200 pounds for the last 25 years. I'm hoping that when I get more off, it will at least hurt less than it does not.
  • Good Morning!
    Deb, I will keep praying. Your post really reminded me to get healthy because as we all know others are going to need us to help them. Glad to hear you are working hard at being POP! Expecting an update on how you did today.
    Atalanta I started slowly with exercise and I try not to burn out. It is about the little things also. Parking far away, making extra trips to put things away at home... Are you one of those that thinks you have to do some big cardiac work out? Go slow it is not how fast you go but how far. As you lose it gets easier. Try moving more often... Let's give her some ideas. Glad you like the thread. I was leery because I can get harsh sommetimes.
    Gurl, what is your plan for getting more exercise in?
    Betsy would it have killed you to make a salad for that meal? What is one more dish? It would help with the temptation to overeat. Did you send the leftovers home with them?
    Ali write yourself a letter now so you can read it when staying on plan becomes a challenge.
    This thread helps keep me so much more accountable. I am down a pound this week and feeling like I can do this. Need to get exercise in even if it is raining. I will be accountable on this thread tonight. If not kick my butt.
  • Dragging my butt back here. So tired but I exercised.
    Water, vitamis, exercise-check
    Food too much. Not a ton but too much.
  • Haven't been around much because my weight loss (or lack thereof) frustrated me to no end and I just gave up trying.

I'm back and determined to try to get rid of this weight once and for all. I weighed in last week at 316. I felt incredible. Now I'm back up to 327. I'm hoping it's just from a day's eating and water intake. I'm praying that tomorrow morning when I step on the scales again, it will be back down.

I need to keep motivated and know that I can do this. I need a good kick in the butt to be honest.
  • Food check
    Exercise check
    Water check
    Vitamins check
    Positive attitude check
  • Atlanta - for excerise, start small - every bit you do helps build your endurance that much more. A friend of mine has a walking video and she just walks in place in her living room until she built up enough to walk further.

My husband is the same - he carries even more weight than I do and excercise is very hard for him, but he's doing a little at a time until he can do more and he is already seeing those little steps adding up.

I am doing Atkins. The first two weeks is induction, but I am planning to stay on induction until most of my weight is going - I'll transtion when I have around 20lbs or so to go.

So I'm counting carbs - I do monitor my calories as well and stick between 1200-1500 b/c I know if I go over that 1500 mark I do not loose even with the low carb.

Lemac - That weight isn't going to fall off by avoiding it. Keep with it and you'll weigh in at 316 and less in no time. When you find yourself going up, you can't stick your head in the sand -- that just makes it worse. You got this, just stay with it!

Ubee - excellent idea! And I'm going to just that!! There will be a time the weight does not keep coming off like this. I know right now it's only b/c I haev so much to go. And I also plan that as I loose to stop weighing daily. That slow slow crawl on the scale will only frustrate me -- once I get to about 275 I'll move to every 3 day weigh ins - and then eventually just 1x a week.

This month marks 8 years my dad has been gone - he passed away due to a heart attack - this is also a huge motivator for me to get it together. I don't wanna be that and I want those in my life to be able to depend on me.

I shared with my husband a long term goal I have of becoming an NRA certified trainer - 2a and shooting sports are something we are very active in - it costs $ of course to do this, but it's something I'm very passionate about. I figure if I stay on plan then by the time I have the $ I'll also be fit enough to do the defense courses - right now I'm not. So that's another motivator I have -- I'll be putting all these things I"m working towards in my letter to myself!!

Ubee - excellent idea really!! Honestly, everyone should do just that - even if you dont' have weight loss to report a letter to yourself for what you want to work for - we should all have a tangiable goal to reach.
  • Good morning everyone. Running late this morning in spite of one of the dogs waking me up at 5:30 for the second morning in a row to be let out. Just because the sun is up at that hour doesn't mean it's time to go out!!!!

Ubee, I actually did really well with portions on the Sunday meal -- which I'm trying to work on because I feel that the secret to maintaining any weight loss for me is to be able to eat what I want (maybe not every day, but nothing is going to be off limits), but learn to use portion control. It was a night time snack that did me in for the day. And, yes, he took the left overs home with him. There are seldom any leftovers for the next day for me.

I've been having a big whoosh the last few days -- which while the water weight loss is nice, the constantly running to the bathroom is getting to be a pain -- but I think it's stabilizing now. If the pattern repeats, I'll have a couple of days of stabilizing and then will start the slow loss.

With that in mind, words to make sure I keep on track will be welcomed.
  • Food- went out to eat and didn't do good. I ate to much.
    Exercise- working garden with a hoe. 40 minutes.
    Water check
    Vitamins check
    Positive attitude check
  • Hi Everyone!
    Debbie those Mexican meals get us almost everytime! What do you order when you stay on plan?

Betsy, I agree with your game plan. My diet is strict when our daughter is around but when she is not I let myself have off plan foods in a small amount. What is going on when you go off track? For me I forget I am changing the way I eat and go back to grab and stuff down throat mode. Portion control is something we really need to figure out. My smaller plates help. Maybe I will look at my portion and ask if that is how much my husband would take. Good job on dinner Sunday night!

Ali you are lucky to have a specific goal. How old was your dad when he died?

lemc tell us more. How long did the scale not move before you gave up? What are your problem areas? Portion control, exercise, bad food choices???

I too have trouble staying motivated. I am pleased with my weight loss most days that I don't strive for more. It is when I am going somewhere that I feel ugh.
    How to stay motivated?
  • Good morning all. Time for my daily accountability thread.

Dgramie Going out to eat is very hard. If they have an online menu, figure out what you're going to have ahead of time. If not or if you know that it's going to probably be a bad meal even if you order one of their salads, plan the rest of the day around it. My big problem is when I have unplanned eating out experiences as I tend to go way over for the day. BUT, as long as we get back to it the next day that's OK. It will happen.
    Ali Having goals -- even if they're ones created from a sad experience -- does help in this process. And once you've achieved those goals, form some new ones for maintaining. Great idea to have thought through this.
    lemc OK. There's your kick in the butt. You can do this. Don't give up. Go stand in front of a mirror and say to yourself at least 20 times: I can do this. I will do this. Nothing will stop me.
    Ubee What's going on when I get off track? Bad habits coming forth and not thinking through things. I do much better at losing when I'm on IF. I sat down at the breakfast table this morning to have coffee and immediately started thinking about having a couple of pieces of toast with some PB. It's 45 calorie/slice bread and I'm really skimpy with the PB, but I stopped and thought it through. I realized I wasn't even hungry -- just wanted to eat something. And I don't do this when there's someone else around to see it. Bad, bad, bad habits. The big difference this time around is that I've been trying to figure out what got me here and what needs to change.

Time for the gym and then laundry and then hauling the 80 bags of mulch down to the lower patio. I could probably skip the gym with the mulch hauling, but that will start another bad habit!
  • Ubee he was 48, quite young

Betsy Oh I know just what you are talking about --- I used to have a super bad habit of grabbing something sweet every time I went to the store along, or two or three things sweet!!! Go to fast food for dinner and order a easy dessert I could down on the way home.

I have gotten a much better handle on it, but it was not easy to do so. And it's still a struggle. I had to go out for an unexpected trip last night and those candy bars were yelling my name. It was very very hard to walk past them, first time it's been a struggle in a while.

Good luck with the mulch bags! Whew, that's a bunch!