Old 05-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #181  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

close (food) call today......

This week continues to be really frustrating and I pretty much just said "F it" when I got home and went to the corner store to buy lots of binge candy and junk food. I just stood there in the candy aisle staring at it, not willing to leave, but not willing to pick any of it up - finally, after like 10 minutes I just left the store without buying anything. I didn't "dig deep" or use willpower - I just didn't care enough to eat it. I wonder if I am slowing starting to absorb the fact that it can't actually make me feel better.

I don't have anymore left in me, but I did that, I think maybe I will go to bed early and start again tomorrow
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Lost- hope you feel better today.

My SIL is home and just needed med adjustment.
My sister starts chemo this wk.

My scales seem to be stuck. I did do a no no for me yesterday. I ate most of my calories at dinner. This never works for me so I will have to plan better.
I also am unsure of how many waters I drank.

I plan to get the kids out for walks early today. It was so hot and humid yesterday. I will also need to hoe in the garden today.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #183  
starting over again

dgramie, it is hard to work out when it is hot and sticky (yuck), I am in the processing of adjusting the dog to morning and evening walks cuz the afternoon is just get too hot. I will probably have to move to the pool for workouts soon. Do you and the kids have pool access for the summer?

On my front, my stupid seizures are getting in the way of everything again. I have to change some things and will spend much of this morning calling drs and then the rest of the week with drs and tests...... but I will do my best to stay on plan!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Super crazy weeks for me! School is finishing up and I really think that every single activity plans events for the last month of school as a conspiracy towards parents! LOL - the busy schedule means that I am planning meals and caloric intake ahead of time so that makes the day easier too.

Hope you're all doing well!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #185  

Lost- we live about 3 hrs apart. So we are having the same humid weather. I hate it. No pool access and I wouldn't want to have to keep up with my little ones at a pool. After next week I will just have 2 kids for the summer except for when a grandkid comes to visit.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #186  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta83 View Post
Ok gang. Time for some of that tough love.

The reason I joined this discussion was because I find a lot of the others in this forum are full of whingers complaining about the ramifications of their weight.

We're all in here for the same reason. We are fat. We don't want to be.

So, we've decided to do something about it. We're changing what we eat, how we move, how we live, to try and change who we are, how we look, how long we will live.

With change comes sacrifice and struggle. We all knew this coming into it.

If it were easy, we wouldn't be fat to begin with.

Time to suck it up, grow a pair, and recommit. Completely. Stick to the plan, because you WANT to. You CHOSE this. Nobody here is forcing you.

Stick to the plan, because you don't want to be fat anymore.

Life is never easy, we all have other things going on that make dieting a struggle, but we come in here to share our experiences and boost each other.

If you want love and hugs, this isn't the place. Tough love isn't about cuddles. But it is still about love.

I want to see everyone in here succeed. I want to succeed. Let's do this.

Let's lose weight. Let's eat healthily, exercise... live!

*rant over*
I was clicking through this thread to see what it was about and saw this rant.

Kick in the pants I needed today!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Glad to help!

So, I've been absent for a few days - work is kicking me in the pants as usual. Had a weigh in a couple of days ago and was really happy with the result. I find that keeping on top of my daily water allowance makes a HUGE difference. I bloat so easily.

Winter is coming to Sydney soon... I don't have much winter clothing, but am hoping to get by on what I have, because I don't want to buy new stuff that I will soon not fit. This season is going to be all about layering for me. Getting cold out? Wear Autumn dress with leggings & a cardigan = winter clothes. Done.

How is everyone else going?
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #188  
starting over again

Today has been really humiliating.

I had to run for the bus today. Well, I say run, but really all I can manage is sort of a flappy power walk. I had to go back to get my healthy lunch that I packed and left at the Drs when I had an apt today - so I was late for the bus. The bus came early on top of me being late, but I didnt' want to miss it because it was starting to rain - so I ran/walked a half block and got to the tail end of the bus as the last person got off. The driver didn't see me (I guess) and pulled away. Passengers must have told them I was trying to get on, so the bus stopped a block ahead for me. I tried to run/walk again even though I was carrying several bags (one pretty heavy). It was awful, I had no idea I was so completely incapable of moving at a fast pace. I was already red faced and exhausted, I could hear a couple people jeering for the fat lady to run, so I kept going, and then when I got on the bus, during that ride and the train I caught after that people near me complained about "the smell" So I guess I smell bad too.

I am sitting here in the cafeteria of a job training building, crying, too ashamed of myself to eat the cheese-less, light dressing, low calorie salad and apple I brought for lunch today.

I feel like nobody in the real world cares how far I have come or how hard I have worked, I could be 50 or even 75 lbs lighter and all they would see is an old fat useless slob.

I wish I could just go back to bed.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #189  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hugs for you! That had to be hard. But keep your chin up. YOU know you're doing something about it. YOU feel the difference it's made so far. YOU see the progress. YOU know your health is improving with every pound you drop. And you're doing this for YOU. Not for the naysayers, not for the jeering buttheads, or the people who give you the side eye. You are doing it for YOU! Turn that embarrassment into motivation, and keep on moving.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Babe, today is totally one of those days. I had a girl refuse to sit next to me on the bus today. No-one wants to sit next to the fat girl and be squashed for an hour. I can't say I blame her.
The company that delivers my calorie controlled food once a week stuffed up too and half of my breakfast is missing. Today sucks.
However. I will not let it break me. I am doing this so that I am not standing out in a crowd for all of the wrong reasons (chants to self).
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

LOST--- if i could come through this screen and give you a big ole hug I would!! You too Atalanta!

Bottom line, sometimes people simply suck. Being heavy is not an excuse for people to be *******s. However, they are. They are *******s if you too big, too small, too plain, too flashy. My philosphy in life is and has always been --- F them!

You know what, I may be fat -- but I can change that. If you have an ugly heart, no amount of beauty on the outside will ever change how hideous they are.

Lost - girl, you hold your head high! You are making amazing accomplishments and you keep going because you love yourself. You are doing this for you and no one else. And regardless your weight at any time they can screw off if they have a problem with you.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #192  

Ata and lost- big hugs.

My scales are up a 1lb. Food was pop but I didn't exercise as much. Time to hit it again hard.
I mowed yesterday.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Ditto on the comments about the incredibly rude, insensitive, and just plain mean people that Lost and Atalanta encountered. Ali is right. We'll get this weight off. But people who would act in that manner will always be ****heads. While it is so hurtful to hear those things or see people do mean spirited things, at the bottom of it, I feel sorry for them. What lonely, unfulfilled lives they must live. Can you imagine going through life having to seek out people that you can look down upon so that you can feel better about yourself. And people who intentionally belittle others have way bigger problems than we'll ever have. Just so sorry that anyone has to go through this.

While I haven't been posting every day, I do read the posts and it's been helping. I feel so ashamed of myself for allowing the cravings and binges to take over when I read what some of you are dealing with. It's certainly a different kind of "tough love" but one which I needed to make me realize that my only focus has to be on staying on plan and how lucky I am to only be dealing with that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. My grands are here for the weekend as their parents coach Special Olympics soccer teams, and this is the weekend for the annual tournament.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 AM   #194  

I set an exercise goal of 400 min and achieved it!! Woohoo plus food has been good so I'm excited even though scales are up a bit.

3 grandsons are coming today. That should be it's of exercise!!!
My plan includes playing in the dirt and going for walks.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #195  
starting over again

Thank you everyone for all the love and kind words. I think you're all right, time to dig in and recommit in the changing next few wekks