300+ And Getting Fit After 40 #320

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Better yesterday. Not 100% POP but better.
  • Hi all. Been having trouble posting.

Deb, hope that diary's helpful.

Heather, good to "see" you.

Judy, hang in there. We can do this! We can!
  • We are all being very quiet. Since Spring has sprung here I've been outdoors a lot and away from the computer enjoying fresh air and sunshine.

Yesterday was POP for points but my choices still need work. grrrrr!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Remember to do something nice, just for you, this weekend.
  • We are home! After being up over 24 hours I slept very well in my own bed last night. The pups are sure happy we are home too. This time we didn't come home to a bald dog from anxiety like last time.

Still trying to adjust - thinking about groceries to start a POP week. We did a lot of walking and not a lot of eating. I know I probably have about 10 lbs of water weight just in my ankles.

So glad to be back!
  • I am ready to babysit today so I can get some rest. We either ran around or worked like a dog for the past 4 days. I'm so ready for just light housework and kids. Good news is I declutter end a lot!!

Food has been so so. Back at it today hard!!
  • Hi all. I've been hanging in. Need to try to get back in the habit of posting in the morning so I make sure to get here daily.

I've really been staying on track eating wise, so it's a little annoying that the scale isn't budging. I'm also walking every day, with some jogging thrown in maybe 3 days out of 7. I'd really like to work up to an hour a day, and I'm feeling like I can do that pretty easily if I can just make the time for it. I love the increase in stamina! It wasn't that long ago that 30 minutes of walking wore me out. Tonight I'm going to shoot for 45 minutes and see if that feels do-able.
  • Got some much needed rest yesterday. Today I will catch up on housework and spend some time teaching the kids.
    We have a leak in our roof. Hoping it warms up enough today to get it fixed. I am trying to stay positive and not get in a bad mood over it. Our roof is only 4 yrs old.
    Food wasn't pop yesterday. Today will be!!
  • Still struggling.

Angela: Congrats on your getting in that exercise! Be proud!

Deb: Hopefully the roof will be an easy fix.
  • I ate to much again yesterday. I am moving my vitamin to night. Hoping it will help with staying hungry all day long.
    I am checking my glucose weekly and was not happy with it today. I have really let myself go and I have to get it back under control. I don't want to be over 300 again and if I don't stop I will be and fast at the rate I am gaining.
  • You and me both Deb!

So far today is good. Yesterday I ate more carbs than I do in a week if I'm POP. It's gotta stop. Today I did a buy healthy groceries run. Hope it helps.
  • Hello! Newbie to the forums here ... I'm going to be 40 in August, can I join?
  • Of course, SebbysMom. Welcome, and glad to have you.
  • Hey, all. I keep going MIA. Struggling a bit. I'm eating all right, but having cravings for things I need to stay away from and also getting frustrated because despite eating right and exercising I've got a scale that won't move downward.

Anyway, I'm doing okay handling cravings. Went to the grocery store hungry yesterday, but was mindful of that and just walked right through the bakery without glancing at the evil moon pies and such. Went home and ate grapes while dinner was cooking to take the edge off. Made myself eat salad before dinner, which is a habit I need to get back into, even when I do make extra veggies with dinner. Filling up at dinner time is really important to staying on track for me, so I'm not hungry in the evening and can make do with a small bed-time snack instead of being tempted to graze.
  • YAY Angela! Getting through the shopping can be a major challenge.

I went to WW yesterday and to my total amazement lost a whopping 4/10 of a pound! I was expecting a huge gain. The scale gods must have taken pity on me.

I'm going to try really hard to be POP today.
  • I've had a POP week and the scale rewarded me. Feels good to be back in a nearly normal routine again. I really need to get here daily but haven't figured that part out yet with the new schedule.

I'm going to order a fitbit today. I hope it makes me more motivated to move. Haven't made it back to the pool yet and today is filled with appointments. Hoping to get there tomorrow and may even look at a waterproof sleeve for the fitbit to measure that activity also.

Not sure how WW points work but they went down 2 points with a 3 lb loss since Monday - is that a normal change?

OK friends - let's do this!