3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: April, 2014

Old 04-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #106
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

KITTENS!!! The breeder from whom we'll be getting our next pair of oriental shorthair kittens just told me: our kittens were born last night! The litter has one male and three females. Once they're old enough to tell what they're gonna look like, Julie (our breeder) will pick out one of the females for her breeding program. Since I'm first in line to get kittens from her, we'll get the male and our pick of the other two females. Yay!

Colors: in the picture I'm about to link, the two on either end are called red spotted tabbies, and the two darker ones in the middle are red ticked tabbies. The male (I don't know which one he is) is spotted, and I want one of the ticked females. They're only 10 hours old in this picture..

Just to give you some idea, here's what a young red spotted tabby oriental looks like, and here's a young red ticked tabby oriental. The latter is called "ticked" because even though the coat in the picture looks like a solid color, it has darker guard hairs—the "ticking." The eyes for both colors are green.

We love this breed because they're very sociable, affectionate, and playful all their lives. They play fetch, they come when they're called, they're devoted and sensitive like you wouldn't believe...in many ways they're like dogs. They're the polar opposite of an aloof, independent cat. And with a good breeder like ours, they're raised with lots and lots of TLC.

They don't leave the home they were born in, and they don't leave their mother, until 12 weeks of age, so we'll drive to New Jersey to pick them up in mid-July. We did this same thing before, with the same breeder, in 2001, and those cats were fabulous.

And yes, I already have names picked out, but I've gone on too long already...I'm just SO excited!! Since we don't have children, these cats are our kids!

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 04-13-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #107

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning!

Got my hazelnut coffee in front of me and ready to start the day...

Down two pounds this morning, so I'm hopefully back on track. Lots of activity and walking, etc., this weekend with the good weather.

Have a great day,

Dean

vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #108

S/C/G: 340/261.6/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone,

Dang, miss a day or two here and you're stuck playing catch up lol

I lost 1.8 lbs this week....Was hoping to hit the 40 lb mark but that's ok. I'm even closer to it and will probably hit it this week.

Jane I'm so sorry to hear about your BF troubles and losing your job. That's a tough order to be put on your plate all at once. Proud of you for not medicating with food. I know it's hard. I am an emotional eater too. We're here for you if you ever need it!

Gurl Thanks so much for the love and encouragement! It really means a lot. I'm glad I can be encouraging for you to keep pushing through. We're all in this together!!

I went to my grandmas house this weekend to visit for a little while. She seems to be doing well. My mom lives with her too so we were going through these old pictures that she had of her and all her biker friends when she was my age. There were pictures of my dad in there too. My dad was killed by a drunk driver on his motorcycle when I was 4. The guy that hit him and ran never did jail time because they didn't take the case seriously and ultimately said they couldn't determine the driver because there were multiple people in the vehicle. This was in the early 90s and bikers back then around here were frowned upon. My mom had about 10 pages of articles done by the newspaper on my dad's accident and how it was a huge deal in the community that these people never did any time. It really made me miss my dad so I went and visited his grave. It was an emotional visit. I don't go down there often because it makes the wound open again. I miss him now more than ever.

Anyway, on a happy note, it's Monday!! And I only have to work 4 days this week!! Gonna get my work out in this afternoon and maybe get some cleaning that I never did this weekend done. Have a good day all!

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #109
on a mission

S/C/G: 436/424/175

Height: 5'7

Hello, im getting back on my bday was Friday and I have been off a full 4 days and I have been out of control gained 4 back but Im recommitted
Old 04-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #110

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Welcome Brandy! when you are ready please share more of your story.
Dean WTG! on being on track and 2 pounds down. I hope to have a similar post next week.
Fi congrats on your new babies! What are their names??? I am so excited for you and Bob! Nothing like more love in the world.
Sam I'm so sorry. Death of a loved one is hard enough but for it to be so senseless and tragic for your family... I'm sure he would be so proud of the young woman you are.
Betsy what spring? It is snowing here and my wood stove is eating wood like I eat chocolate! How are you going to be shaking up your schedule?
Terra is tomorrow your doctors appointment? I'm going to need you to move to my town so I can have a walking buddy.
Another week up another pound. Yesterday I did well until my very old aunt gave me a chocolate ice cream treat she had bought just for our visit. It was small and not many calories but we all know what happened next. Sugar Monster woke up! Yikes! She is as bad as Carb Catastrophie! I am so screwed when I get out of my controlled enviorment. Which has not been that controlled lately. I am done with all of this! I am going to beat this! I will stay on top of it for the rest of my life. Yes there will be setbacks but this is it fat girl I am watching you until my last days on this earth!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #111
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

I've put on 7 pounds of water in two days. Even my face is puffy. It's got to be stress combined with ovulation, but it's heartbreaking to now be 10 pounds away from where I wanted to be for Easter. Even my gut feels off.

Going to work on "finishing up" a bunch of stuff at work today, and go for a good long swim at noon. It snowed here last night, so it's going to be too wet to take the dog very far.

2014 Reboot!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #112

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good afternoon. It's a gorgeous day here as was yesterday and I finally got all the windows washed inside and out. Some of them even look good, but evidently I'm the sorriest excuse for a window washer in the world......lots of streaks! Oh well, I never claimed to be even close to perfect!

Jane I'm so sorry about the water weight. We all know it will come off in a big whoosh, but when you've been trying and trying to get to a certain point, it is so hard to deal with this. Plus is sounds like winter is clinging to you and Ubee.
Ubee I saw where the Midwest/Plains states were expecting more bad weather. Sorry as it's been a long, hard winter there. Schedule is going ok. I slipped at lunch, but am doing better now. This is usually the time of the day when I start weakening in my resolve. We can do this!
Brandy We've all gone down the path where we have slipped and had a gain. In fact, I'm there now!
Sam I cannot imagine losing my dad at such a young age and knowing that nothing was done about it. So hard to deal with -- you've turned out to be an amazing young woman so I imagine that your mom and grandmother must be very strong and positive influences in your life. And congrats on being down this week!
Dean Great on the weight loss and enjoying that hazelnut coffee.
Fi So glad that your kitten have arrived, and I totally understand about your pets being your children. Actually, I like my dogs better than a few of my cousins! Do share your names with us. Good to read the obvious excitement in your post.

Getting ready for Easter celebration this whole week. I've invited a friend who is 94, still lives alone, goes to the gym every day, but has no family near by. So, she'll be joining us as well. I figure she'll enjoy watching the little ones have the egg hunt and I enjoy being around her. She's a dear lady. Now to stay out of the Easter candy!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #113

S/C/G: 340/261.6/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone...

Well I finally had my first slip up. Sunday and yesterday I ate some macaroni and cheese with my dinner. It was home made from the grocery store and it was good. I did however, watch my portion so I'm not too worried about it. I'll just work extra hard this week with my exercise. Since Sunday afternoon my stomach has been really upset like I was going to vomit any minute. I'm not sure what has caused it but the mac & cheese kinda helped :P

I didn't eat my usual oatmeal this morning. I didn't have any fruit to put in it so I ended up eating a ham & cheese hot pocket. That isn't on plan either but I needed to eat something. I'm waiting to get paid tomorrow so the food in my house is almost nothing right now. I didn't do my prep on Sunday since I didn't have much food to be able to prep it. I did eat a salad yesterday but it wasn't much of a salad. I need more toppings. Cucumbers and tomato just didn't cut it. Today I'm going to have some canned veggie soup. Not really looking forward to all the salt in those cans of soup, but I could be eating something a lot worse...man I can't wait for pay day!!

Betsy & Ubee It definitely has been hard growing up knowing that justice was not served to my family. It really has made me question authority and have no trust in the police. I definitely don't look for them for safety. It's sad that I feel this way, but meh...what can you do. I have grown up to be a strong woman and take care of myself. Shoot, I even take care of DH lol..

Brandy Welcome back! Would love to hear your story when you feel like you want to share

Jane Sorry to hear about the water weight gain. That can be so discouraging. Hopefully the whoosh of loss comes soon.

I didn't work out on Sunday or Monday evening, so I am going to have to make up big time tonight for it. I was just not feeling good. I really hated that I missed a Monday. That's one of my rules, never miss a monday and don't go more than 3 days without working out. It really does make it hard to get back in it if you go too many days without working out. I just really didn't want to throw up on myself lol...So tonight I'm going to shoot for 45 minutes of cardio and then work on arms for 20 or 30 minutes.

My boss is out of town this week so it's just been me and the receptionist. Yesterday wasn't bad at all so I'm hoping the rest of this week will be good too. I get off for Good Friday this week and I will be celebrating my baby cat's 1st birthday!! I gotta pick out a nice little toy for her or something...Yes, I am that cat mama who gives her cats special treats for holidays and birthdays lol...DH thinks I'm lame :P

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well...getting to color in days on the calendar....and being happy and healthy!! WE WILL DO THIS!!!

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #114
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

Still holding all this water. But I'm pretty stoked that I didn't get up into the 80's like last time, so I must have lost something. Work is driving me nuts. Be back for personals later.

2014 Reboot!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #115
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, y'all, for wanting to know the kittens' names. The boy is Oscar—for Oscar Wilde, one of my favorite writers and definitely the person in history I would most like to meet. The girl is Nιnu (pronounced "nay-noo")—short for "nιnuphar," the French word for water lily, which is a loan word from Arabic. I love water lilies and lotuses of all kinds.

I'm having a rough time of it, depression-wise, because one of my medications didn't get refilled by mail-order as it was supposed to have been. The government has done a lousy job of handling Bob's transition to disability retirement: they owe us tens of thousands of dollars, and now our health insurance and pharmacy claims are screwed up. I'm more upset about all this than I should be, because I've been without that medication for two days, waiting for our local pharmacy to get it in stock.

Last night I overindulged on muesli. I'm really worried that I'm not losing weight, because I don't feel like I'm getting smaller, but I won't know for sure until my weigh-in on the 22nd. But other than last night, I'm on plan for my food, and I'm doing my 600 leg lifts every night.

I'm sorry I can't do personals. I feel really crappy, and when I go to pick up my medication at the Co-op, I'll have to grocery shop, too, since I'm out of some regular items. I hate doing anything out of the house, like grocery shopping, when I feel so bad, but I have no choice. =sigh=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #116

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

Hey all alive but still struggling, so tired today. Still back up above 300lbs... boo.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #117

Good Afternoon!
Silent forget the boo. You will get it off. Just so happy to see you!
Fi I would be really upset. Getting meds on time is very important. Love the names! Hope you are back to your collage making self soon.
Jane good job staying positive. We have to take every piece of credit we can!
Sam yes, throwing up on yourself is not a good idea! Careful with the pasta and hot pockets. They can really set me off on a slippery slope.
Betsy good luck with the candy. I think I am already setting myself up for a binge. May have to enlist help from the family.
I just want to eat until I am stuffed. Not sure what is going on. Will have salad tonight.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #118
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah Im enjoying my walks and Im loving the weather

TheSatinPumpkin ~ Thanks for your encouraging words for everyone, I hope you'll continue to post here

Brandy ~ Welcome to the thread and forum,I look forward to knowing more about your journey

Ubee ~ I would love to have you as a walking buddy if I did live in your town.

I walked twice today even though I am fighting a cold, I didnt want my cold to get in the way of my walking. I hope my cold passes soon though.

Big Goal is the 2nd ticker

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #119

Good Morning!
Terra take care of yourself so that cold does not linger. I'm proud of you for not using that as an excuse not to get your walk in. Of course if it gets worse give yourself a pass.
I woke up thinking too much. Too much coffee, too much food, too much computer, too much procrastination. All I can think about is Easter candy. I've decided if we are going to have some it will be a limited amount of the good stuff. Yes, I am aware I am setting myself up.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #120

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good morning all. It's a rainy day here in the Northwest......means I don't have to cut the grass today. I'm definitely a silver lining type of person most of the time!

Ubee We're both too much (in, oh, so many ways!). But I woke up feeling re-dedicated to losing the weight. Of course, that always happens after a gain. So, maybe we can work to get the "toos" out of our lives! We can do this.
Terra Hope that cold goes away and you're back to enjoying those walks. I'm sure you're still walking, but having a cold always takes pleasure out of things for me. Hope that cold passed you right by.
SilentArctic So glad you're still checking in and with us. Hang in there and know that this too shall pass.
Fi Love, love, love the names for the kittens, but am sorry you're going through so much. There's no excuse for not getting the prescriptions sent to you on time. Hope that you get your meds soon and start to feel better.
Jane You must be a silver lining person, too (actually, I know you are!). Good outlook on the water weight -- and realizing that you're probably actually losing some!
Sam I loved your comment about getting home made mac and cheese from the grocery store. Know what you mean -- the phrasing just made me chuckle. And I'm a firm believer that eating any food (including candy from the Easter bunny) is not a slip up. Of course, one does have to plan for it accordingly and limit the intake (that's where I've slipped up), but banning foods seems like it sets us up to fail. You are doing so well and your attitude about the exercising is great. A party for your cat will be fun!

Gosh, we haven't heard from Larry in quite a while -- hope you're doing ok if you're lurking, Larry. And MountainWalker seems to have dropped out -- so sorry as she seemed to be going through a lot. We miss you guys (and others who were posters here) and hope you'll rejoin us when you feel up to it.

Today starts the serious count down to getting ready for the family gathering on Sunday. Got the back porch put back together yesterday afternoon before it started raining and washed all the bird feeders -- YUCK! Bought sun flower seeds and food for the gold finches and just regular ol' bird seed to fill them up. Every day is scheduled with activities, so maybe that will keep me out of the candy and on plan. Have to get going -- going to dye the eggs today......having little ones is such a wonderful excuse to not act my age!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.