3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: April, 2014

Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #91

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Jane words fail me.
Melissa good job with the exercise. Glad it is working out for you.
Dean enjoy your ride.
Fi you really were bornn to be wild. Good job saying good bye to the sweets!
Sam my sweet tooth also has reared its ugly head. Unfortunately I fed it so now it is in full force.
Betsy I hope you all had a good project day and had a grand visit!
Having a tough day today. I actually heard a voice in my head today say "Today the diet ends." Who does that fat girl think she is telling me that. It was a shock. I had not heard my fat girl for 1 1/2 years. She is a pushy broad!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #92
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

I lost my job effective May 1. Saw it coming, but it still really, really sucks. I WILL NOT MEDICATE WITH FOOD.

2014 Reboot!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #93
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Jane— So sorry to hear about your losing your job and having boyfriend issues at the same time—eeeek! I want you to know I'm thinkin' about you, and about your courageous & admirable commitment to not medicating with food. Stress sucks, bigtime! Man do I know that....so anyway, hang in there, maybe do some other kind of indulgence like shopping or movies or extra sleep. You can do this!

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #94

S/C/G: Starting323/Goal160

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Newbie here. I look forward to getting to know you all and offering and receiving support!
Trotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #95

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

Jane - Sorry things are so rough right now!

Hey alll I'm around, not doing the greatest with the eating. I might be back up over 300lbs. But I'm okay with it as long as I get back on track tomorrow.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #96
Haven't quit yet!

Welcome Totro!!! How is it going so far??

Thanks Fi & Silent. I'm ok. I got a lead on another job, generous severance and I am secure enough to make it a few months if need be.

I stuck to my fast, ate on plan, and took my dog for a walk to get some exercise. My one indulgence is a diet dr. Pepper, and I doubt I'll finish it.

Onward and upward!!!

2014 Reboot!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #97
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Thats okay that you cant watch scary movies, Not everyone can, Im glad you were thinking of me while you were walking and you imagined me walking beside you.

Big Goal is the 2nd ticker

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #98
Technology for the Loss

S/C/G: 372/346/330

Height: 6 feet even

SamIAm - look like we grew up in VERY similar environments lol! It is hard. Grew up being told I had to eat everything on my plate too. Sometimes it's hard to remember that I was 200 or 250 or even 290 at one point. It feels like a rollercoaster with the whole "wanting to have kids and seeing other people with them". Was in a Target last night, and saw a cute family of 3 interacting and the little girl running around. What's funny is that I have seen heavier women having children so that does help me feel better. Just seems like a long road. Everyone else in my immediate family has had kids. All our siblings on both me and my husband's side of the family. Nobody had difficulty but we are the heaviest out of the family. By losing this weight, should be able to tell Fact from Fiction You're doing well on the weight loss. It's encouraging how your attitude is in general with dealing even with takeout food and how your appetite has really decreased. By seeing your progress, it reminds me every week that this CAN be done and isn't just my imagination LOL

Fiona - The weather has gotten much better. We should be able to cute the grass and do some shopping today I think.

Jane - REALLY sad to hear that! Glad you've already moved on to find something else. The economy can really suck, especially if you're in a smaller town.

betsy - Definitely time for another house cleaning

vwdeano - Where are you getting your coconuts from?

Ubee - Hi You should catch some comedy or sci fi films on Netflix to clear your mind. They got a couple of new ones when I checked 2 days ago.

AFM - work still has me extremely busy. Just doing weekly check-ins with yall at this point. As I said in the other thread, I'm still hovering around 351(where are you 350 ). Gonna increase my workout time and try to get back to eating before 7 pm.

1st Mini Goal: Get to 330

Last edited by gurlnextgen : 04-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.
gurlnextgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #99
Haven't quit yet!

Thank you, Gurlnextgen I'm actually in Canada (about 20 minutes from Noonan, North Dakota), and we're in a boom because of the oil patch, so I'm hoping that the transition will be quick. The downside of a boom is that the cost of living is outrageous here.

I'm back up to 372.8 today! What is with that number???????? Grr. I hope it's just water retention waiting for a whoosh, because GAWD this is annoying!

I stopped by the office to make sure the trade show is going off without a hitch, and now I'm on my way home to make some sense of my house. Tomorrow I have to do an event at work that will take most of the day. Then next week will be cleaning out my office and making sure my I's and T's are dotted for the new owners.

Happy weekend everyone!

2014 Reboot!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #100

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good afternoon everyone. Had a great visit with the grands yesterday, but didn't post 'cause I was tied up chasing them around.

Jane So sorry about the job loss, but so impressed with your maturity in handling it. Hope the boyfriend concerns iron themselves out as well. Now that the stress of not knowing what was going to happen has been alleviated, you may have a whoosh.
Gurlnextgen Glad you checked in with us and hope things slow down for you.
SilentArctic Glad you're checking in and you're not alone in the eating challenge. I'm still yo-yoing and struggling with eating things that I know my body doesn't handle well. But we're still checking in and that's really positive.
Trotro Welcome. Please share a little info about yourself if you're comfortable doing that.
Time4Me So glad to hear from you -- was afraid that you'd dropped out of the thread. Congrats on the running -- good for you!
Fi I totally understand the freedom of the road (although if I'd left the house without telling my folks where I was going, the car privileges would have ended). You've gotten me in the mood for a road trip. I'm impressed that you've completely overcome the cookie addiction -- you are a strong woman.
Ubee Tell that head voice to get lost. But it is nice to know that I'm not alone in talking to myself. Just push back on the pushy broad -- she'll find out quickly who's really in charge!

Fixed braised country ribs last night for the boys (big and little) and they were delicious. Don't think I overdid it in the eating compartment. Also made a quesadilla with guacamole for the younger grand using high fiber, low carb tortilla. I may be making one for myself for lunch -- it was delicious even cold. Taking it easy today, but want to get more "stuff" done around here tomorrow while the sun is expected to stay with us. Have a great day.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #101

Checking in.
Betsy I am so glad you had a nice visit. Makes me miss my nephews.
Jane good luck. Hope it is just part of a bigger and better future for you!
gurl nice seeing you again! I hate being the largest one in the family. You can do this!
Terra no walk for me today. How about you?
Silent I too have been making poor choices and not minding my portions. We can do this! I am starting NOW! Thanks for posting.
Welcome Trotro! when you feel ready please share more about yourself!
Fi I like the idea of sleep as an indulgence.
I am really having a tough time. Way too much food. My daughter is struggling. I think it is the blood moon... coming up. I really need a few nights of good sleep.
I want to lose weight. Yesterday I spent some time with two friends where I could see their weight really affecting their quality of life. That used to be me. I don't ever want that to be me again. As it is it still affects my quality of life.
I must check in during the morning or I totally lose my focus.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #102

S/C/G: 432/209/200

Height: 5'11

Hi All,

Just a short note in wishing everyone well in thier journey!.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin : 04-12-2014 at 10:09 PM.
TheSatinPumpkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:36 AM   #103

Hi Pumpkin and thanks! Will you be joining us? I would love to hear how you lost all those pounds. Way to go! I wish you well also!
I'm checking in early to get my day off to a solid start.
I will stay on plan today.
Who is with me?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #104
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Nope I didnt walk yesterday but I am gonna walk at least a couple of times today

Trotro ~ Welcome 2 the thread and forum

Big Goal is the 2nd ticker

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #105

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good morning everyone. It's a gorgeous day here -- I'm going to get the windows finished up and if I have a burst of energy, get the deck power washed. Is anyone else trying to rush spring along?

SatinPumpkin Love your name and I'm with Ubee -- way to go on the weight loss and hope you'll share something about yourself and your journey so far. Welcome!
Ubee Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that you were going to check in early!!! Sleep is definitely one of those things that seems to play a huge part in weight loss. Not because of the sleep, but when I'm tired, I seem to have less will power or commitment or whatever. I'm with you on getting back on track -- and you're not alone in the problems with food right now issue. Still don't have a solid day colored in for April on my calendar. Bummer.
Terra Enjoy those walks!

Does anyone else have trouble with specific times of the day being tied in with making poor eating decisions. It's the evening for me. I realize that as a single person I have more freedom to do this, but I'm thinking about shaking up my schedule. If that helps any, I'll pass along the tips. Off to check on Toby (he's being way too quiet) and get myself in gear. Have a great day!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.