Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Dean you struggle with a positive attitude??? I come on here looking forward to sharing a cup of coffee with you. I can just feel a smile and a positive mood generating through your posts! You are right attitude is key.
Fi I can not connect to your collage right now as the site is down but I look forward to seeing it. One day when I was growing up I was looking at my dads skin and I asked why his skin was a different tone then mine and he said because our family is Heinz 57, a little bit of everything.
Unsuspected it might be time to give your doctor a call.
Sam before my hysterectomy I went on the pill to try and calm things down. I got sick, so I feel for you. There is something called "Patients Bill Of Rights" doctors can not make you do anything you do not want to. A good doctor will work with you. Good luck.
Restless what do you investigate? It sounds so exciting! I love that Killer is a service cat. Most cats think we are around to service them. You sure do have a difficult journey. Just take what you need from this thread. I get stronger by giving support. We all have times where we need more then we can give and that is fine by me. We get it.
Almost have all my letters and cards done. That will be a huge weight off my chest. I am so not like Fi.
Let's have a peaceful and focused day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #212  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone--wow, a service cat? that's awesome. I've always felt like my animals take 'shifts' lying next to me whenever I'm really sick. Maybe they truly are detecting something???

I spent about 1 1/2 hours lying on a makeshift bed of cushions in the little hallway outside of my bedroom last night because of the tornado warnings we had. I guess I signed up for emergency alerts on my cell phone because it started going off around 11pm and then the sirens started and didn't stop until almost 1am.
Oddly enough it was hardly raining and almost no wind at my house during all this, but it sure kicked in about 1:30am when my power went out. I got back into my real bed and slept ok
No actual tornados hit here as far as I know, but lots of downed trees and power outages. Thank goodness! I really feel for those people south of me who just keep getting hit with these things, very scary!!!

Diet wise--I did pretty good yesterday, not super fabulous but not terrible either.

--Jennifer

Last edited by JzBelle; 04-29-2014 at 11:59 AM.
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Yup, I struggle with staying positive... I find it much easier to boost up others than to boost up myself, LOL.

I'm very blessed all the way around, but its all too easy to lose track of that sometimes.

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #214  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Dean— What you said about being "blessed all the way around" (what a nice phrase!) made me think of something Bob Dylan once said.

When Rolling Stone interviewed Dylan on the occasion of his 50th birthday, in 1991, they asked him, "Are you happy?"

He apparently fell silent for a few moments and stared at his hands. "You know," he said, "these are yuppie words, happiness and unhappiness. It's not happiness or unhappiness, it's either blessed or unblessed."

I've thought about that line a lot over the years. I even made a collage inspired by it, using a hand that sort of looks like the hand of a priest giving a blessing.

Happy and unhappy are fluid emotions, moving through us in a stream. But blessed is a state we can be in all the time. I feel blessed, too, Dean—all the way around.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Always so nice to log in and see all the posts (one of the advantages to being on the left side of the continent is that just about everyone else has been up and at it for several hours already).

Dean Know what you mean about being positive for others but sometimes hard to be positive for ourselves. Don't know if it helps, but I'm with Ubee in terms of looking forward to having coffee with you -- you give me a positive vibe every time I read your posts.
Jennifer Glad you got through the night. I grew up in the Midwest and then lived 25 years in the South, so I'm very familiar with tornado season. The texts are sometimes a nuisance, but also a life saver.
Ubee Congrats on getting the correspondence taken care of. Reminds me that I have some to get ready including one for Mother's Day for my niece!
Fi Love the collage mainly because I love reading your description and then seeing it through a different set of eyes. My background: Midwestern US of mainly northern European descent (English and German). Pretty vanilla. Very small families even back in the days of having lots of kids to work the farms except for my great-grandmother. No reason for you to know I don't have kids of my own, but I'm with you in totally enjoying the relationships with my niece and nephews and the grand-nephews.
Unsuspected Haven't ever tried phetermine, but my doctor's malpractice insurance doesn't cover any type of diet pill (or so she said). I'm on so much medication for a-fib that I doubt if the drug interaction would be good for me anyway. I'd definitely talk to my doctor about the dose if you want to continue with the prescription -- takes some time to get the right dosage on a lot of drugs and I imagine that the dosage will need to change as you lose weight.
Sam Ubee's right that no doctor can force you to take anything so I'd tell the doctor that you've stopped the BC pills. There may be other options to try and if he/she doesn't want to try other things, then go to a different doctor. A whole lot of a doctor/patient relationship for me at least is having confidence in how the doctor approaches a subject -- as in I want a recommendation explained to me, the reasoning explained to me, and we make the decision together. Good luck.
Restless WOW! You've been through a wringer and a half. I didn't even realize that cats could be trained to be service animals -- how cool.
Terra Glad you told me that Clyde doesn't walk with you as I had visions of him taking about 5 steps for your every one. He'd be exhausted after a block. My Toby is still learning that pulling me along at the speed of light is not acceptable.

Time to get it in gear for the day. We're having nice weather for the next week so I need to get a LOT of stuff done in the yard. It's just a disaster area because of all the rain we've had. Going to try a new recipe for cauliflower tonight -- hope I like it!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Thanks for being so sweet while I was sick guys. Still coughing away,but nto sick in the exhausted super drained way.

Jennifer Stay safe in tornado season.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #217  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah, Its not easy walking when Clyde is with me so I usually just have him stay at home

I jumped on the scale today feeling scared cause I had Chinese last night for dinner but I was shocked when the scale said I was 288 so I've lost 12 pounds since I started my journey in Jan. of this year, Im so proud of myself!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Yipee Terra! So proud of you! You must feel great!
Silent thank you for being sweet!
Betsy care to share your recipe?
Fi & Dean so true about being blessed. Great way to think about it.
Jennifer stay safe. So grateful for our basement.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

unsuspected I have never taken phentermine, but know someone who has and lost weight. Now that she has been off it for a few years she has gained all of her weight plus some back. If it works for you that's great, but my honest opinion is there is no diet pill or fad diet out there that will give you the lasting results you want. It takes hard work, dedication and effort to eat right and exercise. When I was a kid I was put on some weight loss pill and turns out it was a glorified version of speed, which I believe phentermine is but I am not positive. They put a 10 year old on that stuff...I don't see how that is right but anyhow. If it works for you and you feel comfortable taking it, then go for it, but it isn't something I would do. Hope you stick around for awhile and let us know how things go!

Fi That is one awesome collage! It's all over the place and has all kinds of different pictures...I really like the elephant hehehehe....Awesome job on this one!

Dean Glad your spirits are back up. Love the Al Franken references..he's one of my faves

Ubee Thanks for the advice. I never thought about the Patients Bill of Rights. That's good to know. I go in for my ultra sound on Thursday so they can have a look at my cysts and tell me if they've gotten any bigger. I'm hoping not. The last time I had them checked they were only about 1 mm a piece.

Jennifer So scary when you get real tornado warnings with the sirens going off. Glad to hear you are ok and nothing too bad happened! Awesome job on staying on your plan!

Betsy Yeah you're right. I just am not wanting to get chastised because I don't follow the doctor's direct orders. I went so long without seeing a doctor for my disease and most doctors really don't know much about PCOS, but from what I am reading birth control only puts a band aid on your symptoms instead of help healing the root cause of the problem. I have definitely become a naturalist over the past few years when it comes to helping heal my body and I hate medicine if I don't have to take it I won't. Thanks for the advice.

Silent Sounds like this sickness you've got has put you through the ringer!! I hope you get back to feeling like your old self soon!!

Nothing too exciting is going on with me today. Just a typical day. I'm feeling kinda mehh....I'm not sad, but not happy...just very neutral. I guess because I'm dreading the ultra sound I have on Thursday. Last night I got a call from the endocrinologist that I was referred to and I go in on June 18th to see them. I'm hoping they help me more with my PCOS and I really hope they don't try and put me on Metformin. I'm in the process of buying some inositol that is supposed to help with PCOS symptoms but also regulate blood sugar. My mom tells me not to worry, she is sure that everything will be fine since I've been working so hard to lose weight and am exercising regularly now. I'm hoping that is enough. Not sure if I told you guys this, but when I went to visit my grandma and my mom on Sunday I jumped on their scale just out of curiosity of what it said I weighed. They have one of those dial read scales instead of the digital one like mine. It said I weighed 290 where mine read in at 299...Someone's is off lol...I got really excited for a minute thinking maybe mine was off, but with mine being digital I thought maybe for sure theirs is off. Either way since I normally go by my digital scale and that is where I weigh in at every week, I figured it's best to just use what my scale says.

Tonight I worked on my legs. They now feel like jello. I now have a personal best with my weighted leg lifts. The last time I did legs I did 60, tonight, I pushed it to the max and did 100!!! Basically what I do is lay on my belly and take on of my dumbbells and stack 30 lbs of weights on it...then stick my feet where I would normally put my hand and lift my leg up...it really works the calves but also helps with the thighs and lifting my bootay!! Having left over chicken tonight with green beans again....Nothing too fancy..Tomorrow I get paid so I'll be able to buy some more groceries. I'm about out of chia seeds so I'll have to get more of that soon. I've been seeing recipes for chia pudding that you make with chia and almond milk, or any type of milk of your choice...I'm going to try it out. I've made vegan chocolate pudding in the past with banana, almond milk, coco powder and chia and it was delicious...Maybe I'll make some of that too!

Have an awesome night everyone! Big love!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #220  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Im sorry I didnt see your other post but to answer your questions yes I graze all day and yes I enjoy cleaning, I wouldnt mind cleaning all of your houses.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:55 PM   #221  

ubee - awe shucks lol

Sam - Thanks, I hope so too I did do aerobics today and only had to stop afew times to deal with coughing fits so... on the mend? I hope

Terra - Woohoo... 288 awesome gal.

Hoping tomorrow the scale doesn't scare me I am eating SO much right now.

I don't even know its crazy. dinner felt huge... i dunno I'm still weighing daily so if i don't see gains I will pretty much continue to eat this way? Until I meet with a dietician. I just feel so.... decadent like I'm indulging crazily. Yet even with a messed up metabolism I theoretically at my size and activity level SHOULD burn this many calories so I don't think I should gain. Even though I keep going "Should I really have just eaten that?" I mean lunch was luxurious, tuna salad on a peice of whole grain toast accompanied by a spinach salad that had balsamic vinegar on it. Dinner had PASTA in it.

I don't know seriously I am fuddled, I am suppose to be eating whole grains though. It just freaks me out I read conflicting information about glucose regulation. I really need to suck it up and call my sister but I don't want to worry her.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #222  

oh and energy wise I FEEL great despite the ocasional dizzy moment after a coughing spell. It's bedtime though and my eyes grow weary, a cup of herbal tea and bed time for this girly!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #223  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

How come there aren't any insomniacs on this thread? I mean, except for me, apparently... =sigh=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning!

Doughnut shop coffee on this morning... Mmmm, love that smell in the morning.

Got the yard squared away yesterday before the storms. I'll be out of pocket the next few days at my twin brothers graduation from college... Hard to believe he's graduating in his early 40s, but so glad he spent the time.

Lots of time with family, which is great, but there will be food, food, and more food, LOL. I'll do my best to "control" my baser impulses.

Have a great day!

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #225  

Fi <3 thats usually me but I've been going to bed early its uncharacteristic but I'll take it...

Dean - I'll join you in the morning yummy drinks but I'm drinking tea, blackforest... 'cake' for breakfast I'm such a rebel lol