3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: April, 2014

Old 04-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #181

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Sam my husband and I both have seperation anxiety due to a past trauma. I so understand. Just to share, a few things that have helped us have been slowing down and simplifying our lives. Eating healthier foods and taking magnesium before bed. Read up on it because this little brain can not remember why. If you take it start out slow or your body will react because it acts as a laxative otherwise. Good to see you keeping your word about posting. We need your energy!
Fi thanks for the reminder to have balance and give ourselves breaks.
Missing some of our gang but I know they will be along when they are ready.
I feel like I am getting that spring back in my step. My family is really starting to see the positive way our diet makes us feel and act. My husband working less hours is also making a huge positive change in our lives. Weird but true, I enjoy the challenge of our new budget.
Have a positive and peaceful day!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #182

S/C/G: 396/349/160

Good morning all. Looks like most of our little group is out hopefully doing fun things on this Saturday morning.

Ubee and Sam I can't relate to the separation anxiety, but it sounds terrible. Sam, so sorry you had to go through so much anxiety with your husband being out so late. And while I'm to an age now that I realize that a lot of my empathy comes from having experienced something similar, it took me several life lessons before I got to that place. Just googled it, and adult separation anxiety is recognized (duh!) and there are exercises that can be done for helping to alleviate it. So sorry that you both have experienced this.

My BIL (that would be Bill, Ubee) is going to take his older grandson fishing tomorrow, so we're driving up to pick him up later this afternoon. I'm going to stay way in the background because I think that Nate should have some bonding time with just Grandpa. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so it may be a short fishing trip!

On the dieting side, I am getting a definite water whoosh as I'm down 5 pounds since posting about changing my signature and profile weight to reflect reality. It feels so good to log on and get to make a change in them instead of using them as a reminder of where I was. Now, to get off these regained pounds and keep them off this time! Off to see what Toby is doing and get some little stuff done. Have a great day.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344 DONE 4/19/13, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #183
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday everyone

Ubee--I admire your new commitment and so glad its giving you a spring in your step! I will take a peek at your new tough love thread, but not sure I'm ready for it (yet). I have two cats--a black and white mix old guy named Fluff, who LOVES naps and shares them with me whenever I'm in any kid of reclining position. I also have a green-eyed almost all white female named Sophie who is petite but a fierce little thing. She wanders around outside most of the time but sleeps on the foot of my bed most nights. what's your long haired orange kitty's name? Does he nap with you ? lol...

Betsy-Congrats with a bit of envy for your 5lb whoosh! and YES being able to gain weight so freaking easily and have to fight fight fight to lose is probably why we are all here. its one of the big unfairness of my body that i have thought about many times. I guess we are the opposite of those skinny people who eat anything, do no exercise but are always skinny...grrrr

Fi--thanks for defining BERP for me. I honestly have my own BERP too. I have way too many posessions--including many boxes and bins of craft supplies. I'm not the best housekeeper and on my weekends the last thing I want to do is deal with the piles of junk that are in all my rooms. Since I'm going to move I MUST deal with it--to move it and HORROR OF HORRORS for when OTHER PEOPLE come poking around this house while I'm still here. eeeeeeeek. going to use some of your ideas to try to tackle it..gulp.

silent--so very sorry you are still feeling ill...got any good movies to binge watch? chicken soup? hot tea? a snuggly cat???

Sam--I admire your energy! So sorry about the separation anxiety, I never heard of taking magnesium at night before, maybe its worth a try? Hope you enjoy the fair today, I may be going to one today too, its certainly a pretty enough day for it!

hope I didn't forget anyone....
It is a gorgeous spring day here. I'm heading out for my usual saturday errands soon, and may go to the street fair that is downtown today. Its not big but will be a good excuse to be out walking around for a bit. My moving anxiety has gone down some, but I know I will feel so much better when I figure out where I am going to be living! The two cats are really an obstacle for finding a rental, but I'm not parting with them!
My weight is up from last saturday. ugh and double ugh. I somehow have to dig deep and figure out how to get on a plan and stick to it!
--Jennifer

Last edited by JzBelle : 04-26-2014 at 12:36 PM.
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #184
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ What would you like to know? What made me start loosing weight was because Im very close to getting diabetes and I dont want to get diabetes

Jennifer ~ Welcome to the thread, One of my half sister's is a teacher.

Fiona ~ Clyde is in my display pic but I'll still tell you what he looks like, He's a long haired chihuahua, He's a cream color,he's small, he has brown eyes and pointy ears.

Betsy ~ Hi, My walking has been going good, Thanks for asking.

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #185
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

I had a rough night. Despite being monumentally exhausted from clipping magazines, I was too keyed up to get to sleep, and then, after getting up and reading then trying again, without success, I slipped into severe depression pain between 4 and 4:30 AM. At that point I was not in bed, but downstairs on the couch. It started gradually with thoughts along the lines of doom, death, despair, disaster, destruction (I'm very aware of negative associations with the letter D), and then suddenly escalated into that whole-body pain that's like the worst experience of acute grief you've ever had. I started vocalizing, as I always do when the pain is that bad, but I kept my mouth closed so it was just low moans that wouldn't wake up Bob. I took some Geodon, but it didn't help. I took a Clonapin, hoping it would put me to sleep, but it didn't. I took more Geodon. I was sitting on the edge of the couch—rocking, panicky, sweating like mad, not knowing what to do. There never is anything to do. Finally, around 6 AM, I fell asleep. An hour and a half of that level of pain is...well, if you've ever been there, and I sincerely hope you haven't, you'll know how long a time that was.

I slept 'til about 10 or 11, I don't remember. I woke up feeling OK, not even mildly depressed, but very weak, and fragile. I've been clipping my way through a stack of magazines...but slowly, cautiously, without the usual rock-n-roll to set the tempo. As soon as I began to feel tired, I took my afternoon break.

I have no idea what set that off, or how to steer clear of it tonight. I'm getting enough calories and eating my daily muesli, so it's not the diet. Just stress from the BERP, I assume—self-imposed stress from this upheaval in my life, this complete departure from my normal life. I don't want to cut back on the BERP any more than I already have. Tomorrow is my day off.

I do think that getting more exercise, moderate exercise like walking, would help me weather the stress better. My 600 leg lifts a night just aren't enough. But I couldn't bear to go outside today, despite how lovely the weather is. I just feel too fragile.

Anyway, sorry to go on like this about myself again, but that episode has me frightened...I will carry on, at a moderate pace, and tomorrow I get to rest, maybe make a collage, do whatever I want all day long.

How odd and yet how reassuring it is, that I never once thought of eating carbos, let alone sugar. It's just not on my list of options anymore. I'm living proof that it really only takes a few months to unlearn a lifetime's worth of bad habits. The brain is malleable, and it does change when you change your behavior! =smile=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #186
Celeste

S/C/G: 330/325/120-140

Height: 5'5-'6

Hello all, hope to be sharing with you guys soon ��

Fiona, i don't know the acute pain you are feeling with your depression burst, but i am aware of how conscience one can be when the depression hits..i dont wish it on anyone and i hope you are well soon. My depression happens to be connected to my thyroid, and nothing cam solve it!
unsuspected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #187

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

thanks for the well wishes guys, just taking it easy, and yes Ubee still GRUMPY :-P

i've slept a lot so hopefully that helps.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #188

Good Morning!
Silent glad you got some sleep in. Should we call you Sleepy instead of Grumpy? Sorry could not resist.
Welcome unsuspected!
Fi sorry for your pain but glad your carbo cravings stayed away. Enjoy your day.
Terra what do you do in your free time? Do you have any trigger foods? What are your diet struggles?
Jennifer my cat is more grumpy then cuddly. He will sit on your lap if you are reading or on the computer... Are you keeping any kind of journal? It can help you when you need to get back on plan. I use this thread as my journal.
BETSY 5 POUNDS! WTG! Have fun fishing and whooshing!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #189
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Celeste ~ Welcome to the thread

Ubee ~ I like watching t.v and dvd's and I like getting online in my free time, I dont have any trigger foods, One of my diet struggles is eating too much, Im still learning to cut back on my eating.

Yesterday I was sick but Im better now. I think it was just a 24 hour bug. Im looking forward to getting out and walking today.

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #190

Good morning. Another rainy day out here although it's holding off so far. Maybe my old and young fishermen can get in a couple of hours before the 6 year old loses interest! In the meantime, I have both dogs here so that means that approximately half of the dirt in the yard was just brought in the house. Oh well -- the company they provide is worth a whole lot more than a little dirt.

Ubee Good morning to you as well. How's it going on sticking to your planned out day? Do you find that from an eating perspective how much activity you engage in during the day impacts your eating? Still trying to figure out what makes us tick (if we do, we can sell it and become immensely wealthy -- kind of like one size fits all pantyhose.......oh wait, those don't work either )
SilentArctic Kudos for coming back and posting. And grumpy is ok. Sleepy is ok. The miracle will happen when you're least expecting it.
Unsuspected Welcome. Glad to see you post and will look forward to your joining our little group of merry losers (that's weight losers -- as people we're a great group!).
Fi Just want to reach out and hug you. Finished reading your post with a tear in my eye which changed to a smile when I read your ending that the success of the whole episode was not even thinking about all of the forbidden foods.
Terra Yeah, there's nothing like a health scare to get us doing what's best for us. Glad that you've been able to keep the diabetes at bay. Glad you've got Clyde to keep you company on those walks. He must get quite the work out when he's walking with you -- unless you're carrying him!
Jennifer How was the street fair? That sounds like it would be so much fun. And hope that each day brings a little relief in terms of dealing with a move.

Don't know what today holds other than we'll need to drive the grand back home -- which is about 5 hours round trip what with stopping every hour or so for me to get rid of whatever the water pill has pulled off. I need to take the trash out and vacuum up all the dirt that the dogs brought in. Down another pound this morning -- obviously still on the whoosh -- but I have discovered (Fi, you probably deserve the credit for this as I thought of you when I tried it) that I absolutely have to have some form of carb with each meal to stave off the carb binge urges. For breakfast I've been having eggs and low sodium bacon over a piece of Sara Lee 45 calorie (low carb) bread. At lunch I have a sandwich made with a low calorie/low carb tortilla and a big salad. Supper is a meat, two veggies, and a sugar free fudge pop. For some reason, having those carbs seems to stave off the desire to open up that bag of chips and eat the entire thing. Have a great day all.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344 DONE 4/19/13, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 04-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #191
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Hi everyone--woke up at 7am to a terrible terrible migraine. stumbled around to find migraine meds and got back in bed. finally fell back asleep for a bit and now I'm up. Pain is down to about 30% of what it was, but now I'm zoned out from the drugs. sigh....
Really hoping today isn't going to be a "Lost Day", but at least I'm not at work today!

--Jennifer

JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #192

S/C/G: 340/269.6/160

Morning Everyone!

Betsy Way to go on the 5 pound loss!!! That is amazing!!

Fi I'm so sorry that you had such a bad episode. I haven't gone through the acute pains but I know its very bad. I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep last night.

Celeste Welcome to the group! Tell us more about yourself when you feel ready. Hope you'll stay with us for awhile! Everyone is so loving and encouraging!

Well...it's official...I'm under 300 lbs!!!! I lost 1.8 lbs this week and now weighing in at 299!!!

The festival was nice yesterday. Lot of people there, hopefully it will get us some business. I'm getting ready to meet some friends for a walk on the beach and then go visit grandma. Will try and post more tonight! Have an awesome day everyone!

Last edited by SamIAm86 : 04-28-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: My horrid spelling from posting on my phone
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #193

Sam :kickb utt: Way to go Sam. Congrats on being below 300. What an accomplishment and inspiration to us all.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #194
~~

Height: 6'

Id love to be a part of the sharing and caring Im seeing here as I read thru some posts..

I live in Wisconsin with my Fiance' and Diva fur baby named Killer. I have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of injuries and surgeries that got me to this point. Moving hurts, not moving hurts, breathing is bothersome thanks to UARS and SDB.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #195

SAM! major chest bump! I got all choked up when I read you are under 300!!!
Jennifer sure hope you are feeling better. Sending good energy your way. Keep posting and feel free to vent it is a great stress reliever.
Betsy you always seem so busy during the spring, summer and fall. Do you feel like you have more success losing during those months?
Terra so glad you are feeling better. I too love to over eat. I find I do it when I am holding an emotion down. What about you is it everytime you eat or just once and a while.
Welcome Restless! I look forward to getting to know you. I'm off to google UARS and SDB.
Have a good night.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.