Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Great day!! Being pop feels good !! Gotta find some veggies hubby will eat.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #17  

We went to bed extra early last night. It felt good to get the extra sleep. Hubby survived the day even though he was mad a lot about not being able to snack. I am pleased that I was able to stay pop. Hoping knowing our health is at risk will keep me focused. Scale didn't budge but it will!! Hoping to get some exercise in today.
Snow is slowly melting. Can't wait to be outdoor. I am also pretty excited about the time change this weekend.
Hubby has to have the heart test tomorrow. They have been rescheduled a few times due to weather.
Have a great pop day everyone!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #18  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Debbie, Hope hubby's heart test goes well. I don't know what his complaints about veggies are, but here are a few ideas I like.

If he likes spicy things, you might try my favorite squash recipe: Slice yellow squash and zucchini (you can add sliced carrot too, if you want). Saute in a little olive oil with minced garlic and a pinch (or more if you're brave) of red pepper flakes. All the hot-heads I know gobble these up. Of course, the oil is added calories, but it's healthy oil and make the veggies filling.

Have you tried mashing cauliflower? There are lots of recipes, but all pretty much just like mashing taters. Some recommend adding low-carb imitation mashed potato flakes to make the texture more like taters, but I've never found those.

Instead of broccoli with yellow cheese sauce, I do steamed broccoli and sprinkle each serving with just a table spoon of grated parmesan and then some black pepper.

Hanging in here. Yesterday an evening event prevented me from getting all my water in, and also kept me standing (but not walking) for far too long, and I could tell my legs were still swollen this morning. But stayed on track eating-wise even though there was unexpected birthday cake. Small victories.

Expecting it to get above 40 today, so I'm committed to getting outside for a walk.

Okay, I'd better get myself to the office. Have a great day everyone.

POP since Feb. 24 (10-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 03-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #19  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WW today. Down another 1.6 lbs. I'm happy. Thought it might be more but this is fine!

Angela: I do this too: steamed broccoli and sprinkle each serving with just a table spoon of grated parmesan and then some black pepper. Sometimes I add cauliflower too. It's great!

Deb: Hope your hubby good test results.

It was 12 below here this morning but now the temps will be reaching towards almost 40 every day.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #20  

Whew what a day!!! One of the little ones I keep was playing wii and the remote slipped off his wrist and went flying into our tv. We had to go and buy a new one. It was sickening!!! Thankful to have had money I made from scarves to pay for it.
We stayed on plan even with the stress of having to run to walmart. We picked up subway and brought it home. It really maxed out our carb limit but I still came in under 100.
Scales haven't budged but I know they will. I truly feel my head is in the game.
My daughter is coming home for the night. Can't wait for my friends to see my new little one.
Big warm up this next week!!! Hoping we can get out and walk. Already reminded my little ones moms to bring jackets with hoods for our walks.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #21  
Vortex

Great WI Judy. Down, down, down!

Debbie, sounds like chaos! Who knew a remote could do so much damage?

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm staying POP but will be challenged for the next few days. Today's our last day of class before spring break; not having my usual schedule is always a challenge for me once I've gotten into a routine.

But, I did get to take a walk in the state park yesterday. Maybe not the greatest idea--there was still a fair amount of snow and slush around and I thought I was going to end up falling--but the fresh air sure felt great. DH and I will try to get some more outdoors time; he's taking off MTW to spend part of break with me.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #22  

Got my act back together yesterday after a day of bad choices on Thursday.

I swear I've been at the grocery store every day this week. My list is failing me. Yesterday I ate the last of my veggies so this morning I stocked up on broccoli, asparagus and butter lettuce.

Angela, try keeping your eating plan just like you were working while on break.

Deb, Bummer about the tv.

Carol, Heather....... Where are you?
POP since March 7(1-day streak) -- WI on March 6 277.2
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #23  
Vortex

Judy, good job getting back on track. I'm keeping my points the same as they were, but the extra challenges have to do with being home and having DH with me. He doesn't have the kind of weight problem I do but is not a healthy eater and trying to accommodate both of us is always a challenge. Today worked fine; I let him eat the leftovers from last night's dinner out and had a much lighter dinner myself. Still have points left for a snack before bedtime if I want it.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

POP since Feb. 24 (12-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280
Old 03-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #24  

Huge success yesterday. I joined friends for dinner last night at Red Lobster. I knew there would be a long wait once we got there and about 2 hrs later than normal for my dinner time so I had an ounce of chicken right before I left home. I had a lovely meal (broiled flounder) and a cheddar bay biscuit and .... I did NOT go over my daily points! Since I'd had breakfast and lunch before the dinner invite I am really proud of myself.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and if you live in a daylight savings time State the you remembered to set your clocks ahead.

POP since March 7(2-day streak) -- WI on March 6 277.2
Old 03-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I feel like I've been gone forever. It's been a very busy week with my office moving about 30 miles away and my entire family being here to celebrate my parent's 67th wedding anniversary. It's all over with the family including drama. Now if I could just get my office moved back to my normal two mile commute.

I think food has been pretty good - haven't been on the scale but I did make it to the pool early yesterday morning for great stress relief and wonderful exercise.

Let's do this!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #26  
Vortex

Great work at Red Lobster, Judy.

Wow, sounds like a crazy week, Carol.

I've been staying OP, but not getting as much exercise as I should.

So far, it looks like the 30-day experiment is working well. 5 pounds off in two weeks--better than I've done in ages. But let's see how the whole month works out.

POP since Feb. 24 (13-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280
Old 03-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #27  
Vortex

Hi ladies… keeping the streak going here. How's everyone else doing?

POP since Feb. 24 (14-day streak) -- WI on Feb. 24: 280
Old 03-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #28  

Lunch choices were not the best yesterday but I only went 3 pts. over my daily so it wasn't a total disaster. Today I'm coming in low. I can have a snack later!

Angela: You are doing really, really well. Keep it up!

Carol: Talk about stress! Sounds like you handled it well. I moved offices a few times. They were not my favorite times but the one thing I learned when my travel time went up to 45 minutes was that it gave me time to wind down before I walked in the front door in the evening. I'm a morning person so getting to work on time and being cheerful was a goal. I kinda liked teasing the grumps and last minute arrivees in the morning. Keep getting yourself to the pool too.

We are expecting a storm with up to a foot of wet snow on Wednesday into early Thurs. We are all hoping that the warm front pushes farther north than expected and it is mostly rain but that's pretty doubtful. I may do WW Wed. morning rather than Thurs. I'll decide as the week moves along.

Everyone enjoy your week and stick to your program.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #29  

I am staying pop! It's so much easier with hubby eating right. My scales still haven't moved down. I know it will!
We are getting rain out if the next system. They said to expect a few flakes mixed in. Today we are going to be in the 70s. I took the kids out for a walk yesterday. I am out of shape bad!!!!
My sinuses have been good for a month and within a few blocks of walking I could feel them filling up again. I'm sure it was the wind. I had to start meds back.
I plan to be outside again and walking a few extra blocks today.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #30  

Great op day yesterday. We hit 75!! Low tonight will be 19. They are saying we could see flurries. I hate the crazy weather this yr.
I spent over an hour out with the kids. The wind picked up so we came in. I could have just sat in the sun all day. It felt so good. I was excited to see I have flowers coming up. I do think I lost a few plants due to our cold winter.
Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread