3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/293334-300-chat-thread-march-2014-a.html)

Ubee 03-01-2014 05:08 AM

300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014

WELCOME!! :)

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

Ubee 03-01-2014 05:16 AM

Welcome March! May the warming sun melt our snow and our pounds!
Good Morning!
New month and a new day. Thanks for all your support yesterday and everyday. I am in a much better place today.
Erin you should be proud of your daughter, she is amazing and strong! You may want to post the link again in this new thread for those that may have missed it.
Terra when Dean says he is going off line he means he will not be on the computer over the weekend. I know, hard to imagine not being on the computer for a whole weekend! Did you get your last walk in?
I've been up for hours. I do not sleep well when I do not walk. Why am I so stubborn?

edoetsch1 03-01-2014 08:02 AM

Good Morning everyone! What a amazing day yesterday! Here is the link to my daughters news coverage if you missed it on the Feb. thread. http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...z/-/index.html

I am also down a few lbs. this week! (although official weigh in is tomorrow) Keeping busy sure has helped with the no snacking. Hope everyone has a great day!

bubblybee 03-01-2014 08:12 AM

Good morning all. Today is starting out much better than yesterday...had my official WI and I'm down 5 pounds! Woooooo! :carrot: If I could only keep this momentum going!

Erin: I read the article and, wow, your daughter is such a beautiful, strong little girl! It must be so frustrating fighting with her insurance companies and the state, who somehow don't think something like food is a necessity. My heart goes out to you and your family for all you go through...I hope you reach your goal! :hug:

Ubee...so glad to hear you're having a better day. Thanks for the new thread. I hope it's a great month for us all!

Ubee 03-01-2014 09:43 AM

Erin good job on the unofficial weight loss! Next time I want to complain about how expensive our diet is I will think of your daughter.
Bea glad today is better then yesterday. Way to go on your 5 pounds down! I too hope it is a great month for us all!
Well today is Sat. and my danger is bored eating today. I've been up since about 2 am so that does not help things. I am baking cookies for my daughters. They are on plan and I should be OK. I have laundry to do but that does not take long. I think I will research getting a new fence for the backyard. Plus I will check in here often. Wish me well.

Larry H 03-01-2014 10:15 AM

Ubee - And I thought only I had to fight "Bored Eating" :D

Erin - I see why you are so proud of your daughter. It was a great story.

Bee - Congrats on your 5 pounds loss! :bravo::cp::congrat:

Yesterday was not a Volumetrics day for me.:(:( DW and I ate out every meal due to meetings we were at. :( I managed to barely stay under my calorie goal but my usual food quantity was greatly reduced. I went to bed hungry for the first time in a long time. Today I am back to doing our cooking and I am back on Volumetrics. I won't be hungry tonight. :D

Olivia7906 03-01-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edoetsch1 (Post 4953994)
Good Morning everyone! What a amazing day yesterday! Here is the link to my daughters news coverage if you missed it on the Feb. thread. http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...z/-/index.html

I am also down a few lbs. this week! (although official weigh in is tomorrow) Keeping busy sure has helped with the no snacking. Hope everyone has a great day!

Erin, I just had to chime in here! Your daughter is so beautiful!! I live in Michigan too (Novi) and I agree Michigan has a ways to go with becoming more up to date with medical coverage, etc. Thanks for sharing the link to your story! :)

gurlnextgen 03-01-2014 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!!!

edoetsch1 - A lot of good things going your way I see :)

bubblybee - 5 pounds is always an achivement. Closer to losing another pants size :P

Larry - I'm sorry to hear that! My husband was like that last week. He ate too many snacks and then went to bed early to avoid going over calorie count :(. Tricky situation but glad you going to be eating good tonight :P

Ubee - Thanks for starting this thread! I love talking to everyone here and here's to a good weekend for you and your family

AFM, I'm down to 355.2 :). Going to be dancing along to Pharell's "I'm Happy" all weekend long :P

Wish me luck everyone. I'm going to Longhorn Steakhouse today and need to make sure I don't revert back in this trend :)

Fiona W 03-01-2014 01:45 PM

Bob and I both are doing housework this Saturday. Someone should call the TV news channels! =laugh= He's sanding & painting a wall that got opened for a plumbing repair, and working on another wall as well. I'm picking up and dusting the living room: a major undertaking because the many letters I've gotten recently, plus dozens of French books, have spilled all over the Mexican rug. And my little shelf in front of the window in that room, which serves as my reading and correspondence desk, badly needs attention to the disorderly piles of books & mail & stationery on it.

There's a tip here for those who struggle with eating out of boredom: get busy! Do something useful, or better yet, something fun, that keeps your hands occupied! =smile=

Terra1984 03-01-2014 03:49 PM

Ubee ~ Thanks for starting another thread for March. Yes I got my walk in yesterday, Thanks for telling me what Dean meant.

~Erin~ & Beatrice & gurlnextgen ~ Congrats on the loss

Larry ~ Im sorry to hear you had to go to bed hungry last night, Thats a bummer.

Olivia ~ Welcome 2 the Thread, I dont know if you will be joining us daily or not but I wanted to Welcome you anyway.

Fiona ~ Good luck on the housework. How does A Month Of Letters work? Im guessing you get letters every day for a month and you write back to those people every day for a month also, I dont know, Im just guessing. It sounds like fun though.

Im about to walk for the 1st time today. I had no energy to do it this morning like I usually do so Im only gonna get two walks in today but thats better then not walking at all.

silentarctic 03-02-2014 11:49 AM

Hey Girls, wow march already!

Sorry I've been keeping busy and yet being lazy at the same time so haven't checked in.

Friday Night, I had a dinner date with a friend I don't get to see very often and that was nice. Then it was bingo with one of my BFF's and we went out for drinks after that , I ended up crashing on another friends couch because the weather got a lot worse while we were out. So I was not very energetic yesterday.

I did however make myself go check out the fitness center opening and bought a membership for a year. Made supper for a friend at her place, and then ended up going for a poker night back on my side of town, unexpectedly. I have a LOT of stuff to do around the house but I do want to try and go work out today as well and might have to stop into the office. I should have said no to afew of the fun activities so I could be productive this weekend. Oh well the coffee will kick in soon and I will do my best.

:)

betsy2013 03-02-2014 02:07 PM

Good morning all. My plan to get back to posting every day still has a ways to go -- hopefully my BIL will be released next week so that my morning routine will be getting back to normal soon. And if that's the most I have to gripe about, I'd say I'm pretty lucky.

Ubee -- are you the moderator now? Thanks for starting up the March thread. And hope the weekend borings don't get to you. Got time for a nap as waking up at 2 AM definitely throws a kink in feeling good.

Erin -- Great article about your daughter. I have never heard of the disorder and was totally unaware that they tested for it at birth. Sounds like she and her parents are both pretty remarkable!

Bubblybee -- 5 pounds down -- Good for you. Keep up the great work.

Larry -- I'm slowly trying to get in the swing of trying Volumetrics. It sounds like it has made such a difference in your life in terms of weight loss and having a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. While it's not comfortable going to bed hungry, good for you on keeping it within your calorie goal.

Gurlnextgen -- Good for you on getting down and being careful with going out to eat. Hope it was a fun evening out for you.

Fi -- You and Bob should be about finished with your housework so my house could use some help. Did that get a bigger laugh from you than doing housework in the first place? Sounds like you've got things under control and the end result does make it all worthwhile.

Terra -- Great attitude on getting in one walk even if it meant not doing as much as usual. It's so easy to just skip the whole thing.

SilentArctic -- Yet again I'm exhausted just reading your post and all you do in your social life. Yes, there are probably some things that could have been done, but sounds like a pretty great weekend to me.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the posting pattern again, but I've got another 10 days before my BIL goes to the doctor to see if he's released. So, I'll just make a promise to pop in when I can and try to remain on plan so that I can announce some major weight loss in the next few days. have a great day.

Terra1984 03-02-2014 02:57 PM

silent ~ Sounds like you are having a busy weekend

betsy ~ Yeah I always say its better to get at least 1 walk in then none

Speaking of walks Im about to walk for the 1st time today and then Im gonna walk again before bed. Its another busy week we are gonna go shopping either tomorrow or Tuesday and then also on Tuesday I have a dentist appt. and we're also gonna go to Dillions, Although we might go to Dillions tomorrow after we go to Walmart if we go shopping tomorrow and either tomorrow or Tuesday we'll go to a sit down restaurant but we arent sure where we want to eat at yet though. Wed. the group I belong to is having their lunch and bingo and then Thursday is Peer Support and then depending on if we do dollar menu on Friday or Saturday will tell when I will get out of the house again after Thursday. Thats all of my plans for this week.

Lori Ann 03-02-2014 03:57 PM

Hello! I'm Lori. I'm new to this thread. This will be my umteenth time starting over trying to lose weight without gaining it all back. I'm not at my highest weight ever, but close to it. Every time in try I realize something else about myself and maybe why I keep restarting. I have next to no support. I'm married, no kids, no close family, no real friends, just coworkers in my life that forget about you when you leave. I'm very disappointed in myself for not sticking to a plan. I give myself a small excuse and then I'm on my way back up the scale. I' m an admin and I sit all day. I need to get myself moving! We eat out way too much which is part of my problem. It's become our entertainment. We need to change that. I'll stop there as this all seems depressing but I'm not really feeling that way!

I'm hoping to post everyday because I really need some support and a place to write things down and be real,with myself. Hoping to get to know some of you better and add something to the thread.

silentarctic 03-02-2014 06:41 PM

Terra - Fairly standard but yes, a little busy. I have so much to do and I end up procrastinating doing fun things. Hope you survive your upcoming busy week. :)

Betsy - It can be tiring but I really adore all my friends. So I do what I can to see them when I can. I don't know what I'd do without them all and feel perpetually lucky that they let me share these peices of their lives with them.

So I'm having an odd feeling day. I feel thinner, but when I take pictures and compare them I look the same. I think most of my weight-loss is just in my legs so its not really obvious just looking at me. Still have a ton of chub in my cheeks.

Went for lunch with friends and was feeling picky they gave me a ceasar salad instead of a garden salad so I didn't really eat it. (might as well get fries!) and picked the onions out of the wrap... just too many for what I wanted. I really need to try and remember to get half my food to go too. Make the calories last longer, I hardly ever do...

I dunno I just really want the 302 I've seen on the scale the past couple days to be 'real' but I figure I've just been dehydrated due to drinking alcohol. We'll see tomorrow, I will drink lots of water and hopefully won't indulge in too much salt tonight.

Ubee 03-02-2014 07:30 PM

Hi Eveyone!
Doing my daily post. Epic Fail for food and exercise this weekend.
Will catch up tomorrow.

Fiona W 03-02-2014 07:57 PM

I'm posting while Bob is taking our niece down to the basement to show her some miscellaneous artwork that she may or may not want for her new place. I'm pleased to say that she was really thrilled just now when I offered her one of my collages: I'm going to get it framed for her as a housewarming present. Her 7-year-old son is upstairs on Bob's computer, happily playing Minecraft, whatever that is. This is the first time in a long time we've had people over to our house, because of Bob's long and severe depression, and it does my heart good to hear him talking and laughing with her.

Lori— Oh boy! I get to be the first person to welcome you to the thread! It's great to have you on board: I think you'll find this place to be very supportive & friendly. And we do talk about most everything that's going on in our lives, not just what we're eating and how much exercise we're getting. It sounds like you're off to a good start with observing what you're doing and not doing, and thinking about how to change. That seems to be the first step in making longterm lifestyle changes: "Know thyself." Oh, and try to post as often as you can, daily if possible, whether things are going well or not, because the support here really makes a difference. Best wishes!

Ubee— Epic fail!? Awww, sorry to hear that. Weekends can be hard. But on Monday you start with a clean slate, so you go girl!

Betsy— It's terrific to have you back, even if you can't make it here every day.

Larry H 03-02-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betsy2013 (Post 4954896)
Larry -- I'm slowly trying to get in the swing of trying Volumetrics. It sounds like it has made such a difference in your life in terms of weight loss and having a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. While it's not comfortable going to bed hungry, good for you on keeping it within your calorie goal.

Betsy - The only reason I went to bed hungry the other day was because I did not follow the Volumetrics Plan. Today I was back on plan, ate a ton of food, I am full and under my calorie goal. It does not get any better than that.

vwdeano 03-03-2014 07:03 AM

Back again, LOL. Sorry for the confusion...

I'm on the computer soooo much during the week, I usually check out on the weekends. Seems to be the only way I can avoid working on the weekends and keep my sanity.

Good weekend, behaved myself and got in some good walks. Watched some of the "crossfit" games, and it occurred to me what HORRIBLE shape I'm in. But then it also occurred to me that I'm making changes and changes for the better are always better than changes for the worse.

My weight was "static" this week, which tells me I still need to watch my portion control. I tend to have a HUGE appetite.

Have a great week, everyone!

Terra1984 03-03-2014 08:25 AM

I GAINED 5 POUNDS GRRRRR......Oh well I'll just have to try harder

silentarctic 03-03-2014 08:27 AM

Lori - Welcome.

Ubee Hope you have a better day today.

Fi Sweet about your neice.

Dean I understand about the large appetite, thats me to a T, always hungry and insatiable. It's something I have to be super concious of, just giving in leads to massive overeating on my part.

okay gals, long busy week ahead, might not have much time for personals or checking in. Have to prioritize work and working out and housework for the next week and a half before I travel , so much to do, no time left to procrastinate. :-O

Ubee 03-03-2014 09:15 AM

Good Morning!
Scale is up 4 pounds this week. Good news is that I am working on a plan for future Saturdays as that is a very difficult day for me.
Yesterday we ate lunch at a fun, and delish place. I ate a lot but with no guilt. This was a treat and I was going to enjoy myself and I am glad I did.
Silent thanks for the update so I know you are a good busy. Never say no to fun activities! People before housework! You are doing so well with your weightloss! :carrot:
Terra as Fi said it is a new week and we can start with a clean slate. I was not going to weigh in this week but I want to stay accountable. I adjusted my weight and I see you did also on your ticker. I'm going to work on portion control. What will you be doing different this week? You sure have a busy week planned! Let me know how you do playing bingo. Do they have good prizes?
Dean ditto on being in poor shape AND portion control.
Larry any volunteer work this week?
Fi I am so happy to hear that Bob may actually be enjoying life more. How is your weather? Will you soon be able to go for another walk outside? It is 21 below today and I am ready to throw everyone in the car and head south!!! We have broken all of our coldest winter records for the last 150+ years. This is crazy!
Betsy no, I am not a mod. I just wanted to chat so I jumped in and got a new one started. You know how I get... So glad to have you back and to hear BIL is good. For the longest time I thought his name was Bill.:dizzy:
gurlnextgen how did the steakhouse go?
:wel3fc: Lori! Please stay around. This thread is great for support and accountability. It is possible to eat out often and still lose. Better choices and smaller portions help. It may slow things down but it is still doable. What do you mean when you say you realize something else and keep restarting? I understand about not a lot of support. I have family that is in our weight group trying to lose weight and they are just not in the right place yet where they understand how important daily support is.

SamIAm86 03-03-2014 10:09 AM

Morning Everyone!

It's a little slow here at the office so I have a chance to do a quick check in. I forgot to weigh in yesterday, but weighed in this morning. I had a few too many off plan meals this past week but that didn't hinder my loss much, I still am down 2.8 lbs!! Woo hoo! I'm out of the 320's officially!! That makes me down a total loss of 20.4 lbs in a tad over a month. I may have been able to lose more this week if I hadn't of eaten out a few times, but still a loss is a loss and I'm takin it!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. DH had a show on Saturday and we were celebrating his birthday from Monday. Needless to say I got to babysit him since I don't drink anymore LOL...I ended up sleeping most of the day Sunday and got up in the afternoon to go grocery shopping and to prep my breakfast and lunch for the work week.

Ubee Usually for my breakfast I have oatmeal. I always add in chia seeds and will sweeten with either honey or pure stevia leaf and will change up adding in either cinnamon or sometimes peanut butter to the whole batch and then I make 1/2 cup batches for each breakfast. In the morning I add in fresh fruit, usually some sort of berry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry. I occasionally will add apple or pear. For lunch I almost always have a salad of some sort. For the past almost 3 weeks I've had the same salad, just romaine, cuccumber, tomato, avocado, chicken breast and some home made balsamic vinaigrette. I have another salad I like eating is a taco salad with turkey, beans, lettuce, tomato, green onion, colored bell pepper, avocado, and top it with salsa as my dressing. I use the Herdez brand salsa because it only has a few ingredients and no added preservatives so it goes with my clean eating plan. Pinterest has been a really good helpful tool for planning my meals. Hope this helps!!

Hope everyone has a good day....I can't believe it is already March!!!

Terra1984 03-03-2014 11:51 AM

silent ~ We will look forward to reading your post when your able to post again. I hope that makes sense

Ubee ~ Sounds like you and I are in the same boat for gaining weight this week but what Im gonna do differently this week is try really hard to get all 3 walks in, Which I have no idea how Im gonna do cause Im busy today at 2:30, Im busy tomorrow,Wed and Thursday so I wont be able to walk 3 times until Friday but I'll make the weekend well worth it. I'll even walk 3 times on Sunday since Im only gonna get two walks in today,tomorrow,Wed and Thursday.

Lori ~ Welcome 2 The Thread, Im sure you'll like it here, We're a great group

gurlnextgen 03-03-2014 06:14 PM

Ubee - Steakhouse went good. We looked up results on Longhorn's site and did their Flavorful for under 500 calories. I got the Salmon portion and my hubby got the Chicken. Warning though, they take all of the extra stuff of the veggies. They were basically just steamed with a little seasoning dusted on top.

Terra - How did you gain 5 pounds?

Lori - Hi :)

Larry - Just realized your quote. Hilarious :-p

silent - You're going on a trip soon right?

Fiona - Minecraft can be extremely addictive :P

AFM, trying out Green Tea. It might be helping with weight loss but I'm finding myself extremely hungry :( Anyone else drink Green or other teas?

Terra1984 03-03-2014 06:35 PM

gurlnextgen ~ I dont know how I gained 5 pounds I didnt eat more then usual and I've been getting my walks in, Maybe not 3 times a day but at least two so I have no idea.

Lori Ann 03-03-2014 06:45 PM

We got some ice pellets here in the Dallas area and they closed all of the schools today. So funny. There is next to nothing on the streets. Was a free day off for me from work so I won't complain!

Ubee 03-03-2014 07:15 PM

Hi Everyone!
Chocolate will make me feel good right now but it will lead to a binge and make me miserable at next weeks weigh in.
Lori Ann did you do anything special on your free day?
Gurl sometimes I drink green tea with a little lemon juice. I have to watch my caffeine intake though.
Terra I wanted to slack again today with my exercise BUT then I read your post and got right up and went on the treadmill. Thank you for being my gentle reminder.
Sam thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Sounds yummy!
Today was better but it will take a few days to get my body detoxed from having sugar. Sugar is evil!
Have a good night.

Fiona W 03-03-2014 11:59 PM

We got several inches of snow last night, it snowed for half the day, and the forecast for tonight is a low of 5 degrees. I know that sounds warm to some of y'all, but believe me, it's very weird for March in the DC area. I mean, we're supposed to be getting daffodils soon! So I'm not walking yet...

I spent most of the day in a strangely indecisive state. I've got three letters in French that I need to write. Instead of settling down and writing one of them, I flitted back and forth between the three and accomplished little. I've been plowing through a series of crime novels by Michael Connelly instead of doing what I need to do. At least I'm reading them on my iPad, so they don't take up any space and don't add any more paper to our ridiculously book-stuffed abode. When e-books were first introduced, I scoffed at the idea, but now I can't live without 'em.

I never report on my eating or my exercise because it's always exactly the same: cream in my coffee, sliced turkey, cheese sticks, big salads, and 600 leg lifts a night. I actually like having my weight loss not be something I have to think about. I'm looking forward to the day when I have a robot to do my utterly boring grocery shopping for me!

I'm too tired for personals tonight, except that I've been dying to ask silentarctic: where are you going on your beach vacation? I want to know so I can fantasize about being there with you! =smile=

bubblybee 03-04-2014 06:13 AM

Welcome Lori! :hug:

Fiona: 600 leg lifts every night?! That's amazing. Also, your post made me miss snow...although I know I'd probably be sick of it if I was still up north!

Ubee: Do you usually abstain from sugar? How do you do it? That is one big change I've yet to make and I know it would make a world of difference for me. I'm just scared to try. I don't add sugar to anything or drink anything with sugar in it, but little amounts of sugar here and there in things I eat all day (like yogurt or bread) add up SO quickly. I have a goal of going plain & whole-food everything with no added sugars but haven't really made steps toward that...

Terra: I'm so sorry for the gain, those are such a bummer especially when undeserved! Was it your actual weigh-in day or were you just weighing daily? Maybe you were just a bit bloated...I hope your next WI is better!

I had my physical exam for my new job yesterday. That's always fun. I was a little upset because my BP was a bit high and I never have a problem with it, but the nurse told me everyone's reading is usually high because of nerves. Ha! The nurse and I talked about weight loss and weight watchers, which was nice, I didn't feel judged for my size at all. And the exam building was off-site from work so I got some extra exercise in with the walk there and back.

Hope it's a good day for all!

vwdeano 03-04-2014 07:06 AM

Starting the day with my coffee... Carrot cake flavor again. that touch of cinnamon that it has in it really is nice on a cold morning.

Did well last night and yesterday with portions. Going to try to stay on track this week. I've got an operational review of my "department" all week, so I've got to really work not to stress eat, LOL.

Fi-I can sympathasize about working on everything EXCEPT what you need to, I've got competing priorities every day, and its easy to postpone certain items, LOL.

Terra-sometimes I'll have gains that make me wonder WHAT is going on? No explanation, they're just there...

I'm always harder on myself than on others. Have a great day!

edoetsch1 03-04-2014 07:24 AM

Good Morning! Thank you all for the kind words about Morgan's interview!
One thing I learned in the last few days is I need to be active here or I start to make bad choices! I was not meal planning so eating whatever was quick and easy. Not good. Still had a loss, but feel yucky. So no more taking days off for me!
Hope everyone is great and ready for a awesome week ahead!

Ubee 03-04-2014 09:57 AM

Good Morning!
I am feeling back on track today and it feels so good!
Erin I post everyday even if it is just one sentence saying I am struggling.
Dean do you have a plan for dealing with the stress?
Bea I try to avoid all sugar. If I need anything I use stevia. We switched our diet to Grain Brain. No sugars, no grains, small amount of fruit, and very little carbs from veggies. It is really helping our autistic daughter with her behaviors. When you detox from grain and sugar the cravings, and binges go away. It is a totally different relationship with food. It is what I imagine normal people feel like. When I have sugar I get tossed back into crazy food world.
Fi my diet was so much easier when it was just me and the family had their own stuff. Now that I decided they are going to get healthy too it is a lot more work. I envy your simplicity! 5 degrees is crazy! The snow plow just went through and I want to move!
Let's all stay focused with our eyes on the prize!

silentarctic 03-04-2014 11:19 AM

NOt sure when I'll have time for personals again.

Terra don't be too hard on yourself, fluctuations are normal just keep on living the healthy lifestyle . Though I do get the frustration, I know.

Ubee - If I stick to that phyilosphy I'll end up on an episode of hoarders. LOL glad you are feeling better about things today :)

Sam grats on getting out of the 320's :)

gurl & Fi - yes... Cuba, in a couple weeks.

bubbly - glad you didn't feel judged... I have High BP in general so your lucky if it normally is under control :)

Erin - All a part of the process figure out what works for us. :)

Nothing interesting to report... was EXHAUSTED last night so just went to sleep after work. I didn't even have energy to scrounge up dinner. I just went to bed, I woke up around 10 hungry so had toast and fruit, and went back to bed a couple hours later. And slept right through past my normal wakeup time. Will force myself to at least show up at my scheduled workouts tonight I have my clothes and my water bottle. Not sure how enthusiastically I'll be throwing myself into them but staying/getting into a routine is important to me.

not sure if I'm fighting a bug (i have a slight cough/itchy throat), or if my body is just rebelling against the weight loss (also feeling pretty consistently hungry/craving something "more" ) ironically if its the latter I WOULD Have made a hearty supper but I was too tired to even think about cooking last night...so... take that subconcious, that whole "make me tired to save energy" plan backfired if thats what you're doin ;) !

SamIAm86 03-04-2014 11:56 AM

Hey everyone....Just a quick check in. I'll do personals sometime tonight.

I'm feeling a little depressed today...DH and I got into it over something major and ended up crying myself to sleep. Not doing too well at work today, but I'm staying strong and fighting the urge to go off plan.

Just want to say I appreciate you all, for everything you do, the support you give to myself and others and fighting the great fight together to get this weight off, get healthy and feel better. Love you all!!

See you this evening <3

betsy2013 03-04-2014 12:45 PM

Hi all. Just a quick check in before I go to the gym and hopefully get in a little work out. My big news is that I lost 10 pounds in one day. Yep -- all you have to do is get a horrible case of the stomach flu. YUCK! Of course, as I begin to rehydrate, most or all of it will come back, but it was nice to momentarily see the scale jump down so fast. Won't say that it made it worth it though.

Ubee, I laughed about your thinking my BIL's name was Bill. Actually, he answers to about anything since he's getting pretty hard of hearing, so I'll just start calling him Bill.

Fi, your post cheered me up in so many ways. First, that Bob was enjoying himself and you were enjoying the feelings that brought about. And just accepting that some days reading a book is ever so much more important than getting things done. Stay warm -- you all have had a really bad winter.

Sounds like everyone is having the normal ups and downs of eating. There are just some weeks where the weight loss or gain makes absolutely no sense. I figure that modern medicine will truly gain an understanding of how our bodies work and how the food intake can best be managed about the time I depart this earth. I just know mine reacts in any ol' way it wants to!

Off to the gym and hopefully get in some exercise before my underused muscles protest too much.

vwdeano 03-04-2014 01:08 PM

Checking back in...

With regard to the stress, it'll probably be listening to some old albums in the evenings... I'm a sucker for standards, and what some people would probably call "easy listening". I'll take the stigma, because some of that soothing music really helps me to unwind. Probably some johnny mathis, maybe a little willy nelson "stardust", and maybe some perry como... Eeeek, I'm only in my early 40s, but I DO tend to lean toward the "old fogy" stuff.

Oh well. Whatever helps you make it through the day!

Ubee 03-04-2014 01:37 PM

Good Afternoon!
Dean you really are secure in your manhood. First the doggy stroller and now admitting to your music choices!
Betsy sorry you had the flu. I hope you keep most of it off and keep only enough on to keep you hydrated.
Sam when I have times like that I try to think back to times in the past that I worried about things that turned out OK. Stay strong!
Silent stay well and have an fab vaca for all of us!!!
Speaking of vacations... Is Jane in Cancun?

Lori Ann 03-04-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubee (Post 4955884)
Lori Ann did you do anything special on your free day?

Well the streets were dry near my house so we ran errands. Nothing special.

Ate light today. Had a little spaghetti tonight and I think I was allergic from something in the sauce. Not sure what. Ended up with hives on my face.

Another day at work over. Finalizing plans for a trip to Vegas for work this weekend. We will see how my diet works out!

Terra1984 03-04-2014 08:18 PM

Ubee ~ Im glad I can be your gentle reminder.

bubblybee ~ Its okay you dont have to be sorry for my gain, Yeah it is a bummer but its okay, It was my actual weigh in day. I hope I was just a little bloated and thats the reason why I gained the 5 pounds, I do hope for a better weigh in next time though.

Dean ~ Yeah I hate when you gain weight without knowing why especially when you've been doing everything right.

silent ~ Thanks, I'll try not to be too hard on myself, I should know fluctuations are normal but like you said it can still be frustrating.

I walked once today and I'll walk again before bed.