3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014

Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #31

S/C/G: 304/292/190

Height: 5'11"

Starting the day with my coffee... Carrot cake flavor again. that touch of cinnamon that it has in it really is nice on a cold morning.

Did well last night and yesterday with portions. Going to try to stay on track this week. I've got an operational review of my "department" all week, so I've got to really work not to stress eat, LOL.

Fi-I can sympathasize about working on everything EXCEPT what you need to, I've got competing priorities every day, and its easy to postpone certain items, LOL.

Terra-sometimes I'll have gains that make me wonder WHAT is going on? No explanation, they're just there...

I'm always harder on myself than on others. Have a great day!

vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #32
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning! Thank you all for the kind words about Morgan's interview!
One thing I learned in the last few days is I need to be active here or I start to make bad choices! I was not meal planning so eating whatever was quick and easy. Not good. Still had a loss, but feel yucky. So no more taking days off for me!
Hope everyone is great and ready for a awesome week ahead!

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #33

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
I am feeling back on track today and it feels so good!
Erin I post everyday even if it is just one sentence saying I am struggling.
Dean do you have a plan for dealing with the stress?
Bea I try to avoid all sugar. If I need anything I use stevia. We switched our diet to Grain Brain. No sugars, no grains, small amount of fruit, and very little carbs from veggies. It is really helping our autistic daughter with her behaviors. When you detox from grain and sugar the cravings, and binges go away. It is a totally different relationship with food. It is what I imagine normal people feel like. When I have sugar I get tossed back into crazy food world.
Fi my diet was so much easier when it was just me and the family had their own stuff. Now that I decided they are going to get healthy too it is a lot more work. I envy your simplicity! 5 degrees is crazy! The snow plow just went through and I want to move!
Let's all stay focused with our eyes on the prize!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #34

S/C/G: 353/290/180

NOt sure when I'll have time for personals again.

Terra don't be too hard on yourself, fluctuations are normal just keep on living the healthy lifestyle . Though I do get the frustration, I know.

Ubee - If I stick to that phyilosphy I'll end up on an episode of hoarders. LOL glad you are feeling better about things today

Sam grats on getting out of the 320's

gurl & Fi - yes... Cuba, in a couple weeks.

bubbly - glad you didn't feel judged... I have High BP in general so your lucky if it normally is under control

Erin - All a part of the process figure out what works for us.

Nothing interesting to report... was EXHAUSTED last night so just went to sleep after work. I didn't even have energy to scrounge up dinner. I just went to bed, I woke up around 10 hungry so had toast and fruit, and went back to bed a couple hours later. And slept right through past my normal wakeup time. Will force myself to at least show up at my scheduled workouts tonight I have my clothes and my water bottle. Not sure how enthusiastically I'll be throwing myself into them but staying/getting into a routine is important to me.

not sure if I'm fighting a bug (i have a slight cough/itchy throat), or if my body is just rebelling against the weight loss (also feeling pretty consistently hungry/craving something "more" ) ironically if its the latter I WOULD Have made a hearty supper but I was too tired to even think about cooking last night...so... take that subconcious, that whole "make me tired to save energy" plan backfired if thats what you're doin !

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #35

S/C/G: 340/269.6/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone....Just a quick check in. I'll do personals sometime tonight.

I'm feeling a little depressed today...DH and I got into it over something major and ended up crying myself to sleep. Not doing too well at work today, but I'm staying strong and fighting the urge to go off plan.

Just want to say I appreciate you all, for everything you do, the support you give to myself and others and fighting the great fight together to get this weight off, get healthy and feel better. Love you all!!

See you this evening <3

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #36

S/C/G: 396/349/160

Hi all. Just a quick check in before I go to the gym and hopefully get in a little work out. My big news is that I lost 10 pounds in one day. Yep -- all you have to do is get a horrible case of the stomach flu. YUCK! Of course, as I begin to rehydrate, most or all of it will come back, but it was nice to momentarily see the scale jump down so fast. Won't say that it made it worth it though.

Ubee, I laughed about your thinking my BIL's name was Bill. Actually, he answers to about anything since he's getting pretty hard of hearing, so I'll just start calling him Bill.

Fi, your post cheered me up in so many ways. First, that Bob was enjoying himself and you were enjoying the feelings that brought about. And just accepting that some days reading a book is ever so much more important than getting things done. Stay warm -- you all have had a really bad winter.

Sounds like everyone is having the normal ups and downs of eating. There are just some weeks where the weight loss or gain makes absolutely no sense. I figure that modern medicine will truly gain an understanding of how our bodies work and how the food intake can best be managed about the time I depart this earth. I just know mine reacts in any ol' way it wants to!

Off to the gym and hopefully get in some exercise before my underused muscles protest too much.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344 DONE 4/19/13, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #37

Checking back in...

With regard to the stress, it'll probably be listening to some old albums in the evenings... I'm a sucker for standards, and what some people would probably call "easy listening". I'll take the stigma, because some of that soothing music really helps me to unwind. Probably some johnny mathis, maybe a little willy nelson "stardust", and maybe some perry como... Eeeek, I'm only in my early 40s, but I DO tend to lean toward the "old fogy" stuff.

Oh well. Whatever helps you make it through the day!

Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #38

Good Afternoon!
Dean you really are secure in your manhood. First the doggy stroller and now admitting to your music choices!
Betsy sorry you had the flu. I hope you keep most of it off and keep only enough on to keep you hydrated.
Sam when I have times like that I try to think back to times in the past that I worried about things that turned out OK. Stay strong!
Silent stay well and have an fab vaca for all of us!!!
Speaking of vacations... Is Jane in Cancun?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #39
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 315/ticker/175

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Lori Ann did you do anything special on your free day?

Well the streets were dry near my house so we ran errands. Nothing special.

Ate light today. Had a little spaghetti tonight and I think I was allergic from something in the sauce. Not sure what. Ended up with hives on my face.

Another day at work over. Finalizing plans for a trip to Vegas for work this weekend. We will see how my diet works out!

weight I was at for years (255):
weight in 1995 (225):
weight on wedding day (200):
weight when I met husband in 1990 (185):
Goal! (175):
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #40
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Im glad I can be your gentle reminder.

bubblybee ~ Its okay you dont have to be sorry for my gain, Yeah it is a bummer but its okay, It was my actual weigh in day. I hope I was just a little bloated and thats the reason why I gained the 5 pounds, I do hope for a better weigh in next time though.

Dean ~ Yeah I hate when you gain weight without knowing why especially when you've been doing everything right.

silent ~ Thanks, I'll try not to be too hard on myself, I should know fluctuations are normal but like you said it can still be frustrating.

I walked once today and I'll walk again before bed.

Treat Others The Way You Would Want To Be Treated

I LOVE BRENT SMITH OF SHINEDOWN
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #41

Good morning everyone!

Looks like a nice day with temps in the 50s today. Should be a nice day to get in a walk and enjoy something other than nasty weather!

Have a great day,

Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #42
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning! Or should I say.... Morning Already!?
I feel like I just went to bed! Getting my body to adjust to a normal schedule after being on midnight shift for so many years sure is challenging. Maybe when its warmer it will be easier, because then I will want to be outside during the day, instead of in bed.

Ubee: I have made sure to set checking in daily as a goal of mine. Even if its just to say hi. Its the one thing that makes me feel accountable.

SamIAm86: I hope you feel better today. I have had many days where I have cried myself to sleep also.

silentarctic: Hope your not getting sick! Fingers crossed that is passes over!

betsy2013: Oh, I hope you are feeling much better.

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #43

Good Morning!
Tad bit crabby today. Might be caffeine withdrawl. I'll get over it. Don't have a plan for lunch or supper yet and that is bothering me.
Erin ever since flylady taught me to make my bed and dress to shoes I no longer want to crawl back in bed. It was a great gift from her. I can not get dressed until my bed is made and I have to dress to shoes or I feel yucky. Glad to hear you are committing to checking in daily!
Dean you are having a heat wave! Enjoy!
Terra are you senstive to salt? If I remember you ate out more often then usual last week. Some places cook with a ton of salt. I love my salt but some places really go overboard. I'm so happy to see you today. Last time I checked in you had not posted and of course I was worried...
Lori Ann do you get hives often? Will you be able to get some fun in while you are in Vegas? I'm sure your diet will be fine as long as you committ and stay focused. Do you have an emergency plan like fruit and nuts in your purse?
Well my mood is better thanks to this thread!
Have a good day!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #44
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

Hi everyone, I know how lousy I've been the past few months at getting here, but I'm hoping I can be more regular now! I am finally done house and dog sitting, and I have my Mickey Mouse trip out of the way. I'm hoping I can buckle down now and accomplish something in terms of my weight!

I'm giving up cheese and Facebook for lent. Not out of any religious practice, but more because I need to disconnect and get back to real life, and quite frankly, I turned cheese into an addiction.

Will start reading and do personals! Have a great day everyone!

2014 Reboot!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #45

S/C/G: 353/290/180

sam - you are amazing for staying on plan (or even trying to) despite the stress.

Betsy - hope you are feeling better! being sick sucks!

Ubee - I definitely will! Hope you are surviving Caffeine withdrawls are the worst!

Erin - thanks, I'm trying to stay rested. Went to bed early last night too..

Terra - I'm sure it will turn back around.

Jane - Facebook I could live without but cheese, you're a trouper. That would be a hard one for me.

had a good workout last night but was too tired to cook. I really need to be more routine about cooking on the weekends so I don't have to do it during the week when I'm exhausted. I was feeling okay earlier, had a good workout yesterday but now I'm feeling super 'fat'. I just feel extra aware of my belly today it feels extra 'in the way'. Guess I need to workout tonight, not sure if I actually will though. So much to do so little time super hungry today because I skipped dinner last night. :-| Trying my best not to overindulge but also trying to listen to what my body needs. I did work hard last night so I want to make sure I fuel myself to repair any minor muscle injuries etc. :-| Oh balance... why are you so hard to find.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.