300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014

You're on Page 2 of 19
Go to
  • Hi Eveyone!
    Doing my daily post. Epic Fail for food and exercise this weekend.
    Will catch up tomorrow.
  • I'm posting while Bob is taking our niece down to the basement to show her some miscellaneous artwork that she may or may not want for her new place. I'm pleased to say that she was really thrilled just now when I offered her one of my collages: I'm going to get it framed for her as a housewarming present. Her 7-year-old son is upstairs on Bob's computer, happily playing Minecraft, whatever that is. This is the first time in a long time we've had people over to our house, because of Bob's long and severe depression, and it does my heart good to hear him talking and laughing with her.

Lori— Oh boy! I get to be the first person to welcome you to the thread! It's great to have you on board: I think you'll find this place to be very supportive & friendly. And we do talk about most everything that's going on in our lives, not just what we're eating and how much exercise we're getting. It sounds like you're off to a good start with observing what you're doing and not doing, and thinking about how to change. That seems to be the first step in making longterm lifestyle changes: "Know thyself." Oh, and try to post as often as you can, daily if possible, whether things are going well or not, because the support here really makes a difference. Best wishes!

Ubee— Epic fail!? Awww, sorry to hear that. Weekends can be hard. But on Monday you start with a clean slate, so you go girl!

Betsy— It's terrific to have you back, even if you can't make it here every day.
  • Quote: Larry -- I'm slowly trying to get in the swing of trying Volumetrics. It sounds like it has made such a difference in your life in terms of weight loss and having a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. While it's not comfortable going to bed hungry, good for you on keeping it within your calorie goal.
    Betsy - The only reason I went to bed hungry the other day was because I did not follow the Volumetrics Plan. Today I was back on plan, ate a ton of food, I am full and under my calorie goal. It does not get any better than that.
  • Back again, LOL. Sorry for the confusion...

I'm on the computer soooo much during the week, I usually check out on the weekends. Seems to be the only way I can avoid working on the weekends and keep my sanity.

Good weekend, behaved myself and got in some good walks. Watched some of the "crossfit" games, and it occurred to me what HORRIBLE shape I'm in. But then it also occurred to me that I'm making changes and changes for the better are always better than changes for the worse.

My weight was "static" this week, which tells me I still need to watch my portion control. I tend to have a HUGE appetite.

Have a great week, everyone!
  • I GAINED 5 POUNDS GRRRRR......Oh well I'll just have to try harder
  • Lori - Welcome.

Ubee Hope you have a better day today.

Fi Sweet about your neice.

Dean I understand about the large appetite, thats me to a T, always hungry and insatiable. It's something I have to be super concious of, just giving in leads to massive overeating on my part.

okay gals, long busy week ahead, might not have much time for personals or checking in. Have to prioritize work and working out and housework for the next week and a half before I travel , so much to do, no time left to procrastinate. :-O
  • Good Morning!
    Scale is up 4 pounds this week. Good news is that I am working on a plan for future Saturdays as that is a very difficult day for me.
    Yesterday we ate lunch at a fun, and delish place. I ate a lot but with no guilt. This was a treat and I was going to enjoy myself and I am glad I did.
    Silent thanks for the update so I know you are a good busy. Never say no to fun activities! People before housework! You are doing so well with your weightloss!
    Terra as Fi said it is a new week and we can start with a clean slate. I was not going to weigh in this week but I want to stay accountable. I adjusted my weight and I see you did also on your ticker. I'm going to work on portion control. What will you be doing different this week? You sure have a busy week planned! Let me know how you do playing bingo. Do they have good prizes?
    Dean ditto on being in poor shape AND portion control.
    Larry any volunteer work this week?
    Fi I am so happy to hear that Bob may actually be enjoying life more. How is your weather? Will you soon be able to go for another walk outside? It is 21 below today and I am ready to throw everyone in the car and head south!!! We have broken all of our coldest winter records for the last 150+ years. This is crazy!
    Betsy no, I am not a mod. I just wanted to chat so I jumped in and got a new one started. You know how I get... So glad to have you back and to hear BIL is good. For the longest time I thought his name was Bill.
    gurlnextgen how did the steakhouse go?
    Lori! Please stay around. This thread is great for support and accountability. It is possible to eat out often and still lose. Better choices and smaller portions help. It may slow things down but it is still doable. What do you mean when you say you realize something else and keep restarting? I understand about not a lot of support. I have family that is in our weight group trying to lose weight and they are just not in the right place yet where they understand how important daily support is.
  • Morning Everyone!

It's a little slow here at the office so I have a chance to do a quick check in. I forgot to weigh in yesterday, but weighed in this morning. I had a few too many off plan meals this past week but that didn't hinder my loss much, I still am down 2.8 lbs!! Woo hoo! I'm out of the 320's officially!! That makes me down a total loss of 20.4 lbs in a tad over a month. I may have been able to lose more this week if I hadn't of eaten out a few times, but still a loss is a loss and I'm takin it!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. DH had a show on Saturday and we were celebrating his birthday from Monday. Needless to say I got to babysit him since I don't drink anymore LOL...I ended up sleeping most of the day Sunday and got up in the afternoon to go grocery shopping and to prep my breakfast and lunch for the work week.

Ubee Usually for my breakfast I have oatmeal. I always add in chia seeds and will sweeten with either honey or pure stevia leaf and will change up adding in either cinnamon or sometimes peanut butter to the whole batch and then I make 1/2 cup batches for each breakfast. In the morning I add in fresh fruit, usually some sort of berry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry. I occasionally will add apple or pear. For lunch I almost always have a salad of some sort. For the past almost 3 weeks I've had the same salad, just romaine, cuccumber, tomato, avocado, chicken breast and some home made balsamic vinaigrette. I have another salad I like eating is a taco salad with turkey, beans, lettuce, tomato, green onion, colored bell pepper, avocado, and top it with salsa as my dressing. I use the Herdez brand salsa because it only has a few ingredients and no added preservatives so it goes with my clean eating plan. Pinterest has been a really good helpful tool for planning my meals. Hope this helps!!

Hope everyone has a good day....I can't believe it is already March!!!
  • silent ~ We will look forward to reading your post when your able to post again. I hope that makes sense

Ubee ~ Sounds like you and I are in the same boat for gaining weight this week but what Im gonna do differently this week is try really hard to get all 3 walks in, Which I have no idea how Im gonna do cause Im busy today at 2:30, Im busy tomorrow,Wed and Thursday so I wont be able to walk 3 times until Friday but I'll make the weekend well worth it. I'll even walk 3 times on Sunday since Im only gonna get two walks in today,tomorrow,Wed and Thursday.

Lori ~ Welcome 2 The Thread, Im sure you'll like it here, We're a great group
  • Ubee - Steakhouse went good. We looked up results on Longhorn's site and did their Flavorful for under 500 calories. I got the Salmon portion and my hubby got the Chicken. Warning though, they take all of the extra stuff of the veggies. They were basically just steamed with a little seasoning dusted on top.

Terra - How did you gain 5 pounds?

Lori - Hi

Larry - Just realized your quote. Hilarious :-p

silent - You're going on a trip soon right?

Fiona - Minecraft can be extremely addictive :P

AFM, trying out Green Tea. It might be helping with weight loss but I'm finding myself extremely hungry Anyone else drink Green or other teas?
  • gurlnextgen ~ I dont know how I gained 5 pounds I didnt eat more then usual and I've been getting my walks in, Maybe not 3 times a day but at least two so I have no idea.
  • We got some ice pellets here in the Dallas area and they closed all of the schools today. So funny. There is next to nothing on the streets. Was a free day off for me from work so I won't complain!
  • Hi Everyone!
    Chocolate will make me feel good right now but it will lead to a binge and make me miserable at next weeks weigh in.
    Lori Ann did you do anything special on your free day?
    Gurl sometimes I drink green tea with a little lemon juice. I have to watch my caffeine intake though.
    Terra I wanted to slack again today with my exercise BUT then I read your post and got right up and went on the treadmill. Thank you for being my gentle reminder.
    Sam thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Sounds yummy!
    Today was better but it will take a few days to get my body detoxed from having sugar. Sugar is evil!
    Have a good night.
  • We got several inches of snow last night, it snowed for half the day, and the forecast for tonight is a low of 5 degrees. I know that sounds warm to some of y'all, but believe me, it's very weird for March in the DC area. I mean, we're supposed to be getting daffodils soon! So I'm not walking yet...

I spent most of the day in a strangely indecisive state. I've got three letters in French that I need to write. Instead of settling down and writing one of them, I flitted back and forth between the three and accomplished little. I've been plowing through a series of crime novels by Michael Connelly instead of doing what I need to do. At least I'm reading them on my iPad, so they don't take up any space and don't add any more paper to our ridiculously book-stuffed abode. When e-books were first introduced, I scoffed at the idea, but now I can't live without 'em.

I never report on my eating or my exercise because it's always exactly the same: cream in my coffee, sliced turkey, cheese sticks, big salads, and 600 leg lifts a night. I actually like having my weight loss not be something I have to think about. I'm looking forward to the day when I have a robot to do my utterly boring grocery shopping for me!

I'm too tired for personals tonight, except that I've been dying to ask silentarctic: where are you going on your beach vacation? I want to know so I can fantasize about being there with you! =smile=
  • Welcome Lori!

Fiona: 600 leg lifts every night?! That's amazing. Also, your post made me miss snow...although I know I'd probably be sick of it if I was still up north!

Ubee: Do you usually abstain from sugar? How do you do it? That is one big change I've yet to make and I know it would make a world of difference for me. I'm just scared to try. I don't add sugar to anything or drink anything with sugar in it, but little amounts of sugar here and there in things I eat all day (like yogurt or bread) add up SO quickly. I have a goal of going plain & whole-food everything with no added sugars but haven't really made steps toward that...

Terra: I'm so sorry for the gain, those are such a bummer especially when undeserved! Was it your actual weigh-in day or were you just weighing daily? Maybe you were just a bit bloated...I hope your next WI is better!

I had my physical exam for my new job yesterday. That's always fun. I was a little upset because my BP was a bit high and I never have a problem with it, but the nurse told me everyone's reading is usually high because of nerves. Ha! The nurse and I talked about weight loss and weight watchers, which was nice, I didn't feel judged for my size at all. And the exam building was off-site from work so I got some extra exercise in with the walk there and back.

Hope it's a good day for all!