3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014

Old 03-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #166

S/C/G: 327/273/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Terra did the doc give you many guidelines or just tell you to count calories?
Sam woohoo on the 28 pounds down! It really shows in your pictures!
gurl what have you been up to besides hanging out with TOM, a girls worst friend?
Fi hope by the time you read this all is well in your world. Loved the collage! How do you even think of that?
Betsy I've had two striped days and working hard on my first solid day. I'm going to keep the day divided into thirds in mind. Might help show a pattern.
Jane my husband always takes his gifts and puts them away right away and brings them out later to savor when he is all alone. It took me a while to figure it out but he comes from a large, poor family and his toys got stolen/broken more then a few times.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #167
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Gurlnextgen ~ I will take your advice and do an extra work out this week to kickstart my progress again

Betsy ~ Yeah it does help me commit to it when I walk every day

Ubee ~ Nope my doctor just said to read labels and cut back my portions and the only way I know how to do that is to count calories so thats what Im gonna do.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #168
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

guri A few days back you said you were surprised that I do 600 leg lifts a night. You wanna know how? First of all, I alternate legs between days, so each leg gets a whole day of rest before it has to work again. I do 5 sets of 120 lifts, 60 on my back and 60 on my side so I'm working different muscles. In between sets, while I'm catching my breath, I work the lower leg on that side by doing flexion-extension at the ankle. (I don't count how many on the lower legs.) I do it on my couch while listening to rock-n-roll, so it feels like dancing and it's fun. That's it! (But unless you're already in good shape, don't start with sets of 120: I had to work my way up to that.)

Betsy You got me worried, girl, that you didn't highlight a day when you were on plan and gained 2 pounds. You know darn well that your weight at any one time fluctuates up to 4 pounds depending on how much water you happen to have on board! This calendar thing is not about weight: it's about giving yourself positive feedback for the days (or parts of days) you stay on plan. I only weigh myself once a month, that's how little attention I pay to my weight. All the same, it's steadily going down. Permanent lifestyle changes, that's the ticket to success.

Ubee How do I think up collages? You want a short answer or a long one? =laugh= The short answer is that I lie on the couch with my eyes closed (or with all the lights out, if it's night time) and just let images form and combine and move around and re-combine, until something clicks. It usually takes more than one session of doing that, to think up any one collage. I'm a very visual person, so there are always images rolling around in there, but it helps to listen to music while I'm doing it.

I'm feelin' good tonight, and happy that I did my leg exercises, but I'm dragging my feet about making (& eating) a salad out of the fixings I bought. I'll get there...

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #169

S/C/G: 340/251.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Evenin all!!

I'm posting a little later tonight because I've been a busy bee!! I had another on plan day today...So far so good this week! And I have worked out EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. I'm changing up what I'm doing so other parts of my body have a little rest between days. Tonight I did yoga and weight training on my arms. I skipped the cardio because my legs are so sore from leg day on Monday and the added leg exercises from the cardio on Tuesday.

DH and I went shopping around town this afternoon. I got a better mirror that is slimmer and can be hung over my door for me to take pictures of my progress. The mirror I had been using used to connect to a dresser my DH has had since he was a teen. We used to hang it over our couch in our old place, but it hasn't made it to the wall in the place I'm in now...I've been here 4 years LOL...I also got some bio-oil from Walgreens. I've been watching different weight loss videos, success videos, etc. on YouTube and I started hearing more and more about bio-oil. It is supposed to help fade and completely get rid of stretch marks. I am a bit skeptical, but after seeing several people who used them after their pregnancies, and even after losing weight showing their before and after pictures I figured why the **** not? A lot of them said that you should start using it early on in your weight loss journey because as you lose the weight, your stretch marks apparently look more visible because it doesn't have the fat to puff them back up and out, which makes perfect sense. I also saw where I girl who lost 100 lbs would make her own skin exfoliate using water and baking soda to help with getting rid of the stretch marks too. Lotion also seems to be key. Some people would use cocoa butter or shea butter and always made sure to moisturize their bodies. I think I'm going to try the cocoa or shea butter too, but I have still a little more than half of this mineral lotion from St. Ives to finish up....and making sure I moisturize my skin will also be helpful with my eczema which I just recently found out that is what my problem has been with my skin for almost 2 years lol....

Ok a lot of rambling there, lol sorry, just thought it may be some good info to pass along

Terra Great job on getting the walk in! You are already one step in the right direction!

Fi Glad you are feeling better!! I hope eating gets easier for you soon! <3

Gurl Thank you so much! I am trying so hard and I am feeling great day by day!

Betsy Thank you so much!! These small changes are really starting to pay off!

Ubee Thank you so much! It really means a lot!

Well I am off to get my shower and get ready for bed. I hope everyone has a good night!! Our boys seem to be missing today!?!? Hope they're doing well too!

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #170
rockin' my 50s!

I can't believe it! Right after I said that bit about needing to make myself a salad, I forced myself to go in the damn kitchen, which is the only room (excepting the guest room and bathrooms) that doesn't have stereo speakers in it. (That must be why I find cooking so boring...) And I made my salad: baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and feta cheese. Then, just as I was walking back with my bowl of salad into the living room, where the satellite radio is turned up loud of course, the deejay played our song, Bob's and my special have-to-dance-together song: Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild." What a great reward!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #171

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Back from my business trip, and I "behaved" myself. I'm one of those who is going to have a decent meal in the evenings if I have to travel, but I didn't go crazy.

Coffee's brewing, and looking forward to a really pretty weekend here. Family is wandering through, so I think we'll get out and wander the local parks and antique shops.

Have a great day!

Dean

vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #172

Good Morning!
I am happy to report I had a solid yellow day yesterday!!! My first of many!
I woke up ready to throw in the towel but life kept tossing it back at me.
Dean glad you are back and had a good trip. I've been thinking of you and that Johnny Cash song about Folsom Prison cuz I ain't seen the sun shine since I don't know when...
Fi I love it when the universe sends us positive reinforcement. Gotta be healthy if you were Born To Be Wild!
Sam I use coconut oil for my lotion and really like it. I used to do dry skin brushing and my skin looked really good then. Seriously thinking of taking the time to do that again.
Terra have you looked up Larry's volumetrics way of eating that he uses? It will give you a lot of bang for your buck. You can eat a lot of veggies and not use up too many calories. Either way good luck!
Betsy I'm so glad Fi informed you about giving yourself credit for a good day. Go back and color it in PLEASE!
Jane how is your calender coming along?
WELCOME SPRING! In a few hours I will have survived our ugliest winter on record.
Adios Winter!
Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #173

S/C/G: 396/349/160

Good morning all. And Happy Spring. I know for some parts of the country/world that this spring is long overdue in making its appearance. I chuckled this morning when I took Toby out because we had our first heavy frost in several weeks last night. Guess Mother Nature was telling winter goodbye.

Ubee -- You are an understanding wife to realize that your husband's gift receiving process goes back to childhood events. Let's go for a solid day together.

Dean -- Welcome home and enjoy the weekend. Business travel is the pits so glad you're home and enjoying that morning coffee.

Fi -- OK, I'll be kinder to myself. Loved the story about the salad and hearing Born to Be Wild. Brought back some very nice memories!

Sam -- We may have to set you up as our poster child for staying on plan AND getting in your workouts. I need to try to emulate you more.

Terra -- You have just hit upon one of the big complaints I have when doctors (or in my case every doctor for the last 40 years) tell us to lose weight. I asked one once if I had cancer, would they just tell me to get over it. He seemed totally befuddled that it wasn't intuitively obvious that I should just know and could do whatever it took to get the weight off. I've learned more and gotten more support here at 3FC than I ever got from a doctor that I've gone to -- and I don't go to a doctor unless I really like and respect him/her. OK, enough of my rant. Sorry about that.

Jane -- Glad you know your BF appreciates all you've done for him. Hope you were able to enjoy the festivities as well.

I was going to do some yard work today, but it's not going to get warm enough. So, I'm going to look up soup recipes that I can make because the lettuce just isn't agreeing with my tummy lately. And I'm going to shampoo the area rugs now that I have a new shampooer where the brushes are working and if there's time, I'm going to figure out why one of the circuits in the back part of the house is causing the lights to flicker -- probably a loose wire in one of the switches. Have started knitting hats in the evening or rather I've started knitting one hat that I worked on for about 3 hours last night and ended up pulling it all out. It starts on double pointed needles and I've never used them before. I'll get the hang of it, but what a pain right now. Just thought of 3 other things that need to get done. I'd better make a list......it feels so good to cross things off. Have a great day everyone.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #174
Turning Into A New Woman

Sam ~ Thanks for the encouragement

Ubee ~ Nope I havent checked it out yet but I will be sure to do so. Can you do that type of eating when your on a 1200 calorie diet plan? Just curious.

Betsy ~ Im sorry to hear you get more support here then from any doctor you've ever had. I get support from alot of people thankfully
Old 03-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #175
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

Ubee My calendar is still good. And it will stay that way.

I was hit with the horrid realization that I'm exactly 18 months from 30 today. I need to get my act together!

2014 Reboot!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #176

Good Afternoon!
Betsy I agree with just being told to lose weight. It is like telling a poor person to go out and get a high paying job! I found good soups on yummly. Just type in low carb or whatever your thing is.
Terra when you count calories you can do any plan you want but some will make you miserable. If you like to eat a lot of food it may be a good choice. Lots of veggies, some fruit and healthy proteins always sound good to me. Read up on it and see what you think. It may just give you some good ideas. Good luck Terra! I really am rooting for you!
Jane you are going to be 30!
Still trying to focus on another solid day. I am wearing really tight jeans with a muffin top so that helps.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #177
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

I know, right. Crypt keeper here I come

I'm actually wearing a pair of 26's that are still just a little too tight, but the purpose is two fold - to remind me to keep in gear, and to point out that I've actually lost enough to get into them. My scale losses have felt so non existent lately I need to remember that I'm getting smaller somewhere.

2014 Reboot!

Last edited by Radiojane : 03-20-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #178

S/C/G: 340/251.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody!

Had another on plan day and did workout #4 for the week! Perdy good! It was just cardio tonight so I could let my muscles get a little bit of rest from the weight training.

I tried the bio oil last night and almost immediately after I started putting it on for some reason the smell or something from it was causing my DH's eyes to burn and water, he said it was even scratchy when he swallowed. He thinks it may have been the scent in it, but we aren't sure. I ended up taking a second shower last night and took it back today. I'll find other ways to help my skin, I'm sure there's tons more things to do.

Fi Born to be Wild reminds me so much of my dad. He was an old school biker and in my eyes lived life on the edge...he was so cool! He died when I was 4 in a motorcycle accident, luckily my mother survived. I don't remember much of him but it was only fitting for that song to be played at his funeral...I miss him but I know at least he died doing what he loved...riding!

Dean Welcome back my friend! Hope you enjoy the weekend with family! Give those doggies kisses for all of us!

Ubee I've heard of the skin brushing!! This girl I follow on YouTube would do it and she said it helped her a lot! I may try and get a big ole thing of baking soda from Sam's this weekend and try her baking soda and water trick.

Betsy Poster child huh?? Hmm...Well I guess that could work lol....Let's do this together and kick major butt!

Today was a pretty nice day outside for the first day of spring. Not too hot or too cold and the sun came out! Yipee! I was stuck inside but I got to see it from my office window lol....I'm pooped and have a kitchen full of dishes to do...that might have to be something I do tomorrow lol...I HATE doing dishes :-P I'm off to have some dinner and chill...Glad to see so many of you had good days too!!! Have a great night!!

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 PM   #179
rockin' my 50s!

Jeez, I don't suppose any of y'all are Bipolar. I've been having trouble lately with surges of dysphoric (very unpleasant) mania. It kind of goes with the no-appetite, working-all-the-time, hardly-getting-any-sleep brain set I've been in lately. When I was young, before I became Bipolar, I used to have over-the-top happiness: long stretches, or at least long evenings, of euphoric hypomania. But now that I'm Bipolar, the only kind of mania I have is the yucky kind, where I feel like I'm buzzing on the inside, or as if I'm about to explode. The closest thing I can compare it to is a big-time caffeine overdose, if you've ever experienced that. (I only drink two cups of coffee in the morning—no other caffeine at all.) I take Clonapin for it, but it takes a high dose to chill me out when I'm in that state. =sigh= I hope I level out into a tolerable medium phase soon, because all this agitation and distraction and being so wired I can't eat or sleep is for the birds!

Old 03-21-2014, 01:07 AM   #180
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Thanks for answering my question about volumetrics, I will definitely look into it though. Thanks for rooting for me. That makes me feel good about myself.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.