Old 07-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Lilion, I am not one to know about exercise. I am forming a habit of doing 10 minutes a day. I did not start exercising until July. I know I need to do it for my health so I am starting.
Sleep is very important for me. Yesterday I was tired and I ate the kitchen sink.
Just keep going without being too hard on yourself.
It is like doing dishes, laundry,... it just needs to get done.
The goal is to keep at it, not be perfect.
Keep posting and before you know it you will get your mojo back.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Well, I've been on vacation for three days now. Four more days until I'm home, and then I will need to go to the grocery, but I already have a healthy dinner frozen and waiting for me when I get home. I have had some fairly indulgent meals since I've been up here. Steak, crab cakes, etc. However, I am planning ahead to limit my intake for each meal, and this afternoon, instead of eating chips, I ate a protein bar instead. Tonight is beer brats, and I am planning to have one without the bun and a baked potato. If I want desert, I will have a piece of fruit and not my mom's homemade cookies. She has them in a gift box that plays a song whenever it's opened, so I'm not tempted to sneak any in the middle of the night, because I know everyone will hear that dang box!
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #48  

Sencha, nice to hear your vacation is going well. I love how the cookies are in the tattletale box.
The most important thing you can do to succeed is to come right back her after vacation.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Ubee, I got home yesterday evening. I think I managed to stay under my calories yesterday, even with Taco Bell for lunch. I weighed this morning and I only gained 2.2 pounds, which I think is good, considering the food we ate and that I didn't really exercise while we were there, except 3 flights of stairs once or twice a day. DD spent most of her time in the lake and came home with a sunburn
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #50  

Welcome back Sencha!
That darn sunburn. I hope she heals quickly.
I am so happy for you that you did well and still enjoyed yourself. Very proud of you for showing up back here right away. You've got a great can do attitude!
Old 09-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Since I've been on this journey which began February/2014, starting at 301.6 I've never quit, but I regressed to the tune of 60 or so lbs of regain.
Some of the mindsets that helped foster this were -
It's just one day...
Ooh is that on sale? (Looking at a trigger food)
Being letdown or elevated by a high/low weigh in have been triggers if it's bad I've felt like oh well today is ruined anyway and if it's "good" (better than expected) then I feel I have wiggle room to eat poorly.
Also success can be scary especially when we lie to ourselves that we don't deserve it, you absolutely do deserve to be happy, healthy and comfortable in your own skin. It's so important to be your own ally, guard and protect yourself from harm. I'm getting better at this.

Adding, feeling helpless around food or when I've gone long periods without eating, the truth is at 250+ lbs give or take 50 it's highly unlikely I will starve if I'm late eating dinner.
Helpless as if I don't have the power to refuse to eat foods that don't love me as well as I love them, you truly are in control of what goes in your mouth, it's not blaming it's empowering use your power wisely.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 09-18-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #52  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

*Sigh* I feel into my traps. I haven't been to the gym in about 3 1/2 weeks. It's always tomorrow or I will walk this weekend. Something has always come up. And oddly I am currently sick and I think it's bad business to go to a gym while sick. I have my first 5k in 18 days and it's been over a month since I have walked the 3 miles.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #53  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I love this thread! Ubee, something you said back in July really hit me. It is like doing dishes, the laundry. So true! It is those everyday habits that become just part of the everyday routine that help so much. Where taking care of myself becomes the "new norm". My experience with weight loss is that it is those everyday acts of self care and self love that make the difference. Above anything else, I have had to change the way I treat myself and make taking care of myself more important than most everything else.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #54  
I'm on a Mission

S/C/G: 375/297/200

Height: 6ft

BYE BYE 300 !!!

I'm back here after few months of struggle with my weight. I took some kilos back, but after finding myself I'm on the right track again. And I'm very happy to announce that I'm living for good the 300 pounds club

Jesus... I've been in the 300 for so long I thought I would stay there for ALL my life. It seems that body was so used to the 300 plateau, that I struggled so much leaving that club, the last 3 months have been the toughest so far in my diet...

Now, I don't want to look back. I WILL NEVER AGAIN in my life weigh more than 300 pounds ! WORST YEARS OF MY LIFE !!! Good riddance

Now the fight goes on, 250 club, here I come

Last edited by Unapologetic Lover; 12-26-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Unapologetic Lover is offline   Reply With Quote