Old 02-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb xbox kinect for exercise!

I've so been wanting to try Zumba. We live way out in the sticks and the only class reasonably close to me is upstairs in an ancient building. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't a little concerned a 300lb me jumping around for an hour might literally demolish the building! lol

Anyway, we have had an xbox 360 with kinect for a little over a year & I have not used it at all. My kids use it. My husband uses it. But for some reason, I thought I might be too fat to be picked up properly by the sensors Seems like a dumb reason now, but that was my actual fear until a week ago!

I picked up a Zumba game and seriously, it is the most fun exercising ever. I can't do it all or most of it. My heart is wonky so I don't go all out, in fact if it starts being a jerk, I reel it in a little. But, at the end of it, I've done 30 minutes, I'm sweating and it was sooooo much fun.

We have several active games and if I am constantly moving, my muscles hurt and I'm sweating when I'm done I totally count that as exercise. I'm at over an hour so far today.

I just wanted to let other people, who may be like me, know.. you're not too fat for xbox. It is so fun that time flies and you literally do not feel like you are doing it for that long!

Last edited by IAmTheGlue; 02-24-2014 at 01:22 PM.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Yeah I find me being TALL is more of a problem for the sensors than me being fat. For friends who set up the sensors and everyone in their household is shorter than me sometimes the kinect is a bit wierd about sending me it will tell me to come closer but then I'll be out of frame .lol

I don't own one but they are fun, i love the "just dance" series of games. That might be a fun investment to play as a family and it get you moving a lot.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

silentarctic I never even considered height as a factor, but I bet it could be a problem for some people. I will have to try the Just Dance games.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote