3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: February, 2014

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #61
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Today I was finally able to express my feelings about the loss of the friendship with Robine in a new collage.

If any of you are inspired to say anything about this collage, I would really appreciate it. Feedback helps.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #62

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

OK Fi I am not very good at this but I'm here for you.
If you are represented by the woman ripped in half I like how the woman is bright, happy, and lively. I know you are sad BUT I feel you are stronger then when you first joined us. I love how you can express yourself through art. Sorry if I am not good at this but, know that I think you are terrific!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #63
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sam ~ Thanks for the encouragement on the walking, Teryaki chicken sounds good, even though anything with Teryaki is good though at least thats what I think. Way 2 Go on the 2 pound loss.

Ubee ~ Thanks for the congrats on the 4 week Annv. since Jan. 16th I've lost 5 pounds, Which isnt a huge loss but still a loss is a loss. Thanks on committing on our weather, I have been keeping warm but Im definitely ready for Spring.

Fiona ~ I hope you start feeling better soon, I know your heartbreak over your loss of your friendship but you can and you will bounce back.

merstopher ~ Im glad your feel good about staying on plan and that shoulder keeps feeling better.

Kiki ~ Yeah since the last time I posted, I did get my walking in, Im sorry you had an off day, Everyone deserves an off day sometimes so its okay dont feel bad about it if you did. How was the visit with your sister? I hope it was a good one.

Dean ~ Yeah dogs seem to wake up early, I know Clyde does, I love it when I get to sleep until my alarm goes off in the morning but most of the time Clyde wakes me up at 3 am cause he has to go outside.

Melissa ~ Im sorry your having such a stressful time at the moment, I hope your stress goes away soon. I hope you enjoyed your poker night.

silent ~ I hope your chilli was good, Making meals ahead of time does help to say no to junk, I agree 100%, Im sorry to hear some stuff is dragging you down at the moment, I hope things are better for you.

CutsieMina ~ Welcome to the thread.

Larry ~ Yeah I bet the Philly Cheese Chicken is just as good as as the beef.

As everyone knows I lost 5 pounds since starting my weightloss journey, I know 5 pounds isnt a huge loss but a loss is a loss so Im very happy with myself, I also got at least 1 of the 3 walks in today so Im proud of my self because of that also. I just need to start walking 3 times a day like I used too and stick with it even though walking once a day is better then not walking at all but I know walking 3 times a day is what I need to do. Well its 10 pm so Im gonna call it a night and head to bed. Take Care Everyone

Started My Weight Loss Journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014

Started Tracking My Food On MFP May 13th,2014

Start 1200 Calorie Diet on June 11th 2014
Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #64

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Fi- looked at your collage and the first thing that hit me was a sense of nostalgia. Of lazy summers and seaside entertainment, which in of itself reminds of me of the changing of seasons, ending of some adventure and beginning of a new chapter. Also the girl ripped in to makes me think of torment but the angle makes me sense hope in repair.

Very nice collage!

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #65

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Up and ready to go again today...

Ready for the weekend. Hoping the weather will warm a bit so I can walk the doggies around the neighborhood.

Coffee's brewing. Everyone have a great day and remember-Its FRIDAY!

Dean

Old 02-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #66

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Good Evening!
Geez Larry now I have to make goulash! Does it come with more recipes? Thanks for informing me. I will have to look into it. I am always looking for new ways to be successful and I can adapt it to fit our family WOE.
Ubee The book titled "The Volumetrics Eating Plan" by Barbara Rolls, Ph. D.
has 125 Volumetrics recipes. This book is available at:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Volumetric...cs+eating+plan

The original book that best explains Volumetrics is at:

http://www.amazon.com/Volumetrics-We...t+control+plan

Once you have learned the basics of Volumetrics, virtually any recipe you already have can be converted by you to the Volumetrics plan

Old 02-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #67

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternnon!
Thanks Larry. I saw in the Fit After 40 thread that you got a much smaller belt! Way to go!
Dean, how is the weightloss plan going?
Melissa I wish I had your way with words.
Terra, FIVE POUNDS! : 3 am? Do you go back to sleep? How are your Lean Cuisines tasting?
How is everyone doing?
I'm still tired so I need to take naps. My food is good, but I may be getting a little impatient with that scale!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #68

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Been staying on plan pretty well all week. Heard from my doc that my A1C was down the last time, so the metformin is helping as well as staying away from simple carbs.

Typically weigh on Sundays, so we'll see how it goes then. Hoping to at least be down some for the week. If I weigh every day I tend to be prone to being "surly" at the office some days, LOL!

Dean

Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #69
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good Afternoon everyone! It may be cold today but the sun is shinning! Just having the bright sun makes the day feel so much better. I got on to the scale today and was over joyed to be down 6lbs from Sunday.1/2 way to my 1st goal of 10%.

Terra: I eat a lot of Lean Cuisine's for my lunch time. Only a few I have not likes. (be sure to join their rewards page and enter the codes, they add up quick.)

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #70
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

I'm back! Got in from the city late last night. I shopped for three days straight. Spent a stupid amount of money, but I was down to a 26 pant and 2X yoga pant! And I did nearly all my shopping in the department stores because it all looked and fit better than what I was finding in the plus stores I spent the last decade of my life limited to!

Love the city, almost hated to come home. I'm so happy there. It just feels like a more positive place. Back on the wagon today, but I'm such a foodie I won't weigh for a couple days so I can recover from Cajun, Mexican, pub food and starbucks!

Personals tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!

2014 Reboot!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #71

S/C/G: 353/290/180

@Jane - Lucky you shopping in not plus sized stores sounds like fun! Although I do like the simplicity of my shopping. Additionelle/Penningtons one stop shopping unless I need a fancy Dress. Then it's off to Laura Plus. I'm actually serious when i say the simplicity of knowing thats IT for my options means clothes shopping can be a very fast experience compared to shopping with my "normal" sized friends and having to go to nearly every store in the mall to find the "perfect" pair of pants.

I finished booking tickets for my vaccay so that should be good in march. I'd love to lose a little more weight before that I am still down and out but trying to force through it I have some social engagements I've comitted to this weekend so I'll try to paint on a smile and go through the motions if I can manage it.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #72

S/C/G: 340/264.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!!

It's been a good week even though at the home front the maintenence people here still have not come to look at my dishwasher and now all of the sudden the garbage disposal isn't sucking in anything, it's just spinning the blades. So needless to say my kitchen looks like a war zone because I haven't done dishes for a few days.

My office started doing some of its moving today so by the end of next week, I'll be in the new place. I'm pretty excited because it's only about 5 minutes away from my house.

I had a really good night last night with a new friend. DH as you know is in a reggae band now and they just added a DJ in as part of the band. The DJ's wife is super sweet. She's a vegetarian and has PCOS like me. We talked for a good long while while the boys played around in the studio. I learned a lot about PCOS from her and she showed me some really good products to try as far as vitamins and different hormone free foods. The grocery store by her house has a new line of organic, free range, and hormone free everything and it's pretty affordable for the most part so I will probably be doing a lot of my shopping there now since I need to stay as far away has hormone ridden foods as possible. I'm slowly weaning myself off dairy now since that can cause my testosterone levels to spike. The milk was no problem but the cheese and yogurt has been a little hard. I was usually using a little bit of greek yogurt for sandwiches and as a sour cream substitute. I'm sure it will be ok every now and then but I'm going to try and stay away as much as I possibly can.

I didn't get to work out as much as I would have liked to this week. On the day I did my legs I must have over worked them and my right knee has been bothering me the past 2 days. It's starting to feel better today but still a little sore, so I've just been taking it easy. One NSV I'm noticing is that my knee caps are slowly starting to show more...I think that's so weird lol...I've always had fat legs and could see a knee in there a little bit, but I guess my squats and other leg exercises are paying off. I'm just a little surprised that it's happened already in 3 weeks.

I've been feeling a little stressed this week even though for the most part it's been good. I found out that a friend of mine that up and moved to Portland (literally across the country from me) without telling anyone tried to commit suicide earlier this week. Luckily enough he was stupid enough to write something on facebook about it and someone saw it in time to call the police and they found him in his room vomiting. He had swallowed a bunch of pills trying to overdose but luckily they got to him before it was too late. His family had to fly out there from Texas where he's originally from to be there with him. I haven't heard anything since Wednesday so I hope everything is ok and he's getting the help he needs. Unfortunately I haven't slept too well since I found out. I know it will pass but it just breaks my heart to hear about this, but I can also relate because at a point in my life I had planned to off myself but I ended up chickening out before I actually did anything...needless to say it kinda hits close to home.

Anyway....no personals tonight. I have to go check on my chicken tikka masala and roasted curry cauliflower. I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! Check in tomorrow! <3

Old 02-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #73
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Dean ~ I hope the weather warm's up for you so you can take the dogs for a walk

Ubee ~ Thanks for commenting on my weight loss, Yeah usually Clyde wakes me up at 3 am every morning, Sometimes he lets me sleep until 6 am but most of the time he wakes me up at 3 am. Yeah if Clyde wakes me up before 8 am I always go back to sleep but if he wakes me up at 8 am or after then I just go ahead and get up for the day cause thats when I usually get up for the day anyway. The Lean Cuisine's are tasting good.

edoetsch1 ~ Thats cool that you eat alot of Lean Cuisine's for your lunch, My mom does the rewards thing on their site

jane ~ Im glad to hear you had an awesome time in the city. Congrats are getting to shop at the department stores and not the plus size stores

silent ~ Thats awesome that you booked tickets for your vacation in March. We are going on a family vacation next June, We're going to Corpus Christi Texas, I cant wait, I've been wanting to go there for years.

Sam ~ Im sorry to hear about your friend, Im glad he's getting the help he needs though. Thats great that you are friends with one of your husband's band member's wives, Thats a mouth full lol. Thats okay that you didnt get any work outs in this week because there is always next week, Its a fresh start.

My day started at 7:30 this morning and now its 12:15 mid-night but I did take a couple hours nap earlier today but now Im tired again so Im about to head to bed, I didnt get any work outs in today but Im looking forward to getting all of my works out in tomorrow. Good night everyone

Started My Weight Loss Journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014

Started Tracking My Food On MFP May 13th,2014

Start 1200 Calorie Diet on June 11th 2014
Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #74
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Terra1984: 5lbs is amazing! And your right it is a loss!

Radiojane: Welcome back! Glad to you were able to have a wonderful time! I can not wait till the day I can walk into any store and pick out a outfit!

silent: Where are you vacationing? We are hoping to go to Utah in July for a PKU conference.

Sam: So sorry to hear about your friend. Something I will never understand is suicide. I had a similar thing happen 5 years ago. A friend ran away to California and committed suicide. I still think about him to this day.

Going to have a great day today. Taking my DD to soccer and then my mom offered to keep her over night so DH and I could go out for his B-day. The two of us have not had a date night in almost a year! So I am super excited. We may be able to see a movie that in not G rated and animated!

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
Old 02-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #75

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

I ordered the latest Volumetrics book yesterday "The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet" I hope to become a subject matter expert on this because my life depends upon me losing weight. I am 69 years old and morbidly obese. I am running out of time if I do not change.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about the advice that a cardiologist in Buffalo, NY gave me many years ago. He said "Look around Larry, you don't see old fat people",

I looked around and as a general rule he was dead on accurate. I see a lot of old people, especially here in Florida, but I seldom see OLD FAT PEOPLE.

I often wonder if that cardiologist has any idea how much he influenced my thoughts?

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.