300+ Chat Thread: February, 2014

You're on Page 3 of 19
Go to
  • Starting the morning early... No scale today. Think its best for me to limit that to once a week, or I get a bit too obsessive.

Some good hazelnut coffee should help make it through a busy morning.

We're currently fostering three needy puppies who take a lot of attention. That'll certainly get a person up and running QUICKLY in the morning, LOL.

Have a great day,

Dean
  • Good Morning!
    I am feeling stronger everyday and it is giving me some motivation. Also this group has got some good energy!
    Dean that scale sure is a thing to deal with. I used to weigh weekly but now I do daily just to try to figure things out. I have a big learning curve. Have fun with your triplets!
    Kiki, Howdy neighbor! Yes, south of Green Bay is NE Wisconsin. If you ever see an excited old fat lady at Bay Park Square running towards you that would be me. Don't worry, I only get there once a year. I think you did great with your exercising. Being a care giver can be a challenge both mentally and physically. Are you able to take your dad out in a wheel chair? Do you get enough social interaction? We took care of my parents for a few years and while rewarding...yikes! Feel free to PM me if you need extra support.
    Terra I have never tried Lean Cuisine because they looked like something I would binge on. Have you read up on diets or health and nutrition since you've joined us? It can be a good way to learn and stay focused at the same time. Just thought I would throw that out there...
    Sam, nice work staying away from dairy. I think I may work on cutting back on it in the far off future. I'm glad you did not let the scale win and get you down.
    Fi you may be missing the gluten in your muesli. If I remember correctly it has an addictive component that goes to the same place in your brain as herion... (Boy do I feel uncomfortable typing that to you. You are so educated and I am me.) Bacon is my new comfort food. I am so sorry for the sadness you are going through. I am proud of you for sticking with us here. I really enjoy your daily updates.
    How is everyone doing? I always get concerned when I don't see people checking in. I know for me it leads to that slippery slope of giving up.
    Let's stay focused and support each other!
  • So I didn't make it to the grocery store me feet carried me home before I realised it. I did stop by the convenience store and at least got a couple peices of fruit to snack on and some salad stuff that they happened to have. I somewhat binged last night. It was not a good scene, I added bacon bits and cheese to my salad and wasn't moderate with the dressing. I also made a breadlike desert like thing again and ate the whole thing. Not good... in addition to the soup and the fruit that I had planned on eating.

I forgot to pack a lunch so that's probably why i was just too hungry and couldn't satisfy that. I'm up 2lbs from yesterday which honestly better than I should expect after a huge meal like that.

I guess the good thing is that I recognize that they're bad choices, and my bad choices are still better than what they use to be. With my old habits a "i'm tired and hungry" could have turned out far far worse. (Chocolate bars, icecream, chips... )

And it solidified my choice to work out tonight, I haven't gone to my aerobics class in a while so this might be the end of me. I'll consider it a victory if I can even half-*** my way through most of the class without fainting.

And I did bring lunch today. And already ate my breakfast.

@ Ubee - that's a recipe for being sick the next day though (drinking only) and for getting very drunk very easily. Even when drunk my stories can't really be worth it, I'm pretty much a dull girl! I fear you have super active imaginations and ascribe interest in my life where there isn't actually anything interesting. Last night for example I pretty much read an entire book, thats it.

@Fi - Sorry its hard right now. Time does slowly heal the wounds, your a brave person for keeping the hop alive I think it would be easier just to be mad at the person.

@Sam - Maybe tomorrow, I got enough stuff at the convenience store to get me through tonight that's about all I have the energy for.

@Terra - I think I need an intervention I just read a book instead. Oopsy! This is why I'm not allowed to read I tend to lose track of time when I pick up a book. Next thing you know its past bed time.

So tonight, no reading, I need to boil a bunch of dried beans to make vegetarian chilli, and actually chip away more at my housework. Hopefully working out doesn't sap that mojo.

No more cheese and bacon until the weekend. I'm still annoyed with myself for that. if I'd measured it out with a measuringspoon it would have been fine but no... I just poured so I don't even know the true extent of the damage. Ah well gotta move on...
  • I feel good this morning. I made a change from 2% milk to skim. I also sliced up three large fresh strawberries into my double serving of Fiber One cereal and added one packet of Sweet N Low. A large tasty breakfast that was only 198 calories.

Last night I was out at a meeting and the menu was limited but interesting.
    I selected a Philly Cheese Steak with chicken instead of beef. The menu said to select your peppers for this sandwich and they had a list of about 10 different peppers that ranged from mild to super hot. I went straight to the super hot selection that was called "OH MY GOD" with Habanero peppers. It was great and at 430 calories it was within my plan.
  • Fiona W: Sorry your still having a hard time with your friend. It never easy..

vwdeano: I too need to stay away from the scale. That is so awesome you are fostering fur babies! I want to myself, but my DH dont trust me. He said I will become attached and want to keep them. (which I would)

Larry H: Way to go on the weight loss! You are doing AMAZING!

Going to try and get outside before our next snow storm comes through tonight. Could be up to another 9 inches. But at least the sun is shinning! Working on drinking more water this week.
  • Kiki ~ Yeah I agree this forum is amazing. Im glad you got some work outs in yesterday, I've havent walked today yet but I'll will before the day is over.

Dean ~ Thats neat that your fostering three puppies, Puppies are so cute, I remember when Clyde and his sister Bonnie were puppies they were cute too even though Clyde is still cute at his old age of 15 LOL.

Ubee ~ Yeah I've looked up health and nutrition since I've join 3FC. To answer your question that you asked everyone Im doing good, I weighed myself today and The scale said I was 298, I've been 297 since I started my journey on Jan. 16th but gaining a pound in only 3 weeks isnt bad but I do wish the scale would go down but I know it will over time, Today is my 4th week of my journey.

silent ~ Im sorry you didnt make it to the store, My next shopping day is next Tuesday. Yeah reading a book can make you lose track of time. I know I always lose track of time when I get into a book. LOL on you needing an intervention. I hope working out doesnt sap your mojo either.

Larry ~ I wonder what a Philly Cheese Chicken sandwich would taste like. I bet it would be just as good as a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich though.

~Erin~ ~ Yeah we are in a white out here in Kansas. We are in for snow Thursday,Friday and Saturday this week. It started snowing at 7:30 am and it looks like there is alot of snow on the ground so far and its STILL snowing, Its 2 pm right now though. We're suppose to get 6 to 8 inches of snow today.

I woke up at 10:00 am this morning and I have yet to walk today, I have been LAZY today LOL but I'll be sure to walk at least 2 times before I go to bed tonight if I dont walk the normal 3 today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and where-ever its snowing at I hope everyone is staying warm, I've been inside all day expect when I have to take Clyde outside to go to the bathroom.
  • Today was a pretty good day. I stayed on plan and got my water in that I needed to. Came home to find that the maintenence people at my apartment complex never showed up to fix my dish washer that started pouring out water on Sunday. They told DH to try and clear the holes out and see if that works and if not to call them back. DH said he didn't even try because its obviously not clogged if water started pouring out of the dishwasher!! He called back but of course, he had to leave a message and no one has bothered to call or anything. What's the point in making sure my rent is paid on time if when I have a problem they aren't there to fix it?

Tonight I'm making teriyaki chicken with veggies. I might make up some rice for DH but I'm just going to eat the veg and chicken. I made my own home made teriyaki sauce that is gluten free, oil free, and low sugar. If anyone is interested in the recipe this is what I followed :http://www.eatlifewhole.com/2013/09/...e-with-tamari/

I've got the chicken marinading in the sauce and will throw it all in my electric wok

Tonight I'm going to work on legs...So I'm going to do some yoga again tonight since that helped out as a warm up and then do my squats and some other leg exercises. YouTube is amazing for work out videos. I found some good ones for arms that I did last night. My shoulders are a little sore from last night but I feel good. Trying to bust my butt to get this 4 lbs I gained off this week!!

I hope everyone has had a good day. It looks like we are growing in numbers here, but some people haven't poked their heads out...I hope they are ok and still trying their best. That's all you can ask for right?

Kiki Great job on the squats and wall pushups! They are great exercise and I do them too! Those squats will lift your booty in no time!

Dean Good luck with the pups! I know they can be a handful!

Ubee Glad you are feeling stronger each day! That is always good to hear! This thread and everyone in it keeps me going. I think I would probably fall completely on my face if I didn't know in the back of my head I would have people here wondering about me and cheering me on to succeed. Support in any way shape or form really does make the difference!

silent I'm glad to hear you had a salad even if you did go a little heavy handed on the dressing, cheese and bacon. It definitely can be far worse than you said, baby steps and we will all do this! I hope you're having a great day!

Larry The chicken philly sounds good! I've never had one...guess I like the original too much lol...but working so hard to stay on plan sometimes anything that's bad sounds good lol...Habaneros...yeah!!!

Erin I applaud you with getting out and walking in all of that snow! I couldn't muster up the courage when we got all of that ice last week..I was too afraid of falling since nobody came to scrape or salt the roads here. Keep up the great work!!

Terra Great job on the walking! 3 times a day would be a challenge for me!

Hope everyone has a great night! I'm off to cook!!
  • Good Evening!
    Posting more often to help myself stay focused!
    Sam thank you so much for the recipe. I think it is great how you are embracing the world of exercise.
    Terra happy 4 week anniversary. This last time (since Oct. 31, 2012) is one of the few times I've stuck to my journey. It is by far the longest and I am very proud of myself and hope for it to last many decades! I was watching the storm on the news and thought of you and Erin. Stay safe and warm!
    Erin I also am working on getting all my water in and I like water. Did you get some fresh air before the storm hit?
    Larry glad you are feeling good. How can you eat those peppers? Doritos are too spicey for me!
    Silent I think it is great when we screw up and do a million times better then we used to! Proud of you! When I think of how much and what I used to eat. Good job being sensible when it comes to your weekend plans. As you can tell I always got blamed when my friends and I got a little out of control...
    Have a good night!
  • Sorry guys, but I'm still too deep in grief to be supportive to other people, other than saying that I'm reading all your postings and thinking good thoughts in your direction. My eating has gotten very simple: turkey slices and cheese sticks. And cream in my two cups of coffee in the morning. I think the grief must be affecting my appetite: I hope my metabolism hasn't dialed way down, too. I've even skipped my leg exercises for a couple of nights in a row, but I'll get back with the program tomorrow night.

But I made a collage today! I've relieved that my art is back. It was only gone for a few days, but when I don't want to make art, I don't feel human. I hope everybody has a stellar Wednesday.
  • Happy Tuesday all! Busy week for me, just a quick check in.

Played volleyball tonight, shoulder keeps feeling better, so that's a good thing. Procrastinating on a work project though, not such a good thing!

Why wait? Procrastinate now.

That's my motto unfortunately!

Staying on plan, feeling good.

Hope you all are too!
  • @Dean:
    That coffee sounded awesome I was thinking of doing the once a week weigh ins. and Aww! That is awesome! Foster those little puppies That's wonderful news!

@Ubee:
    Hey Neighbor! Honestly I've never been there but I do want to try going there one day. I don't leave the house much to be honest. I'm always staying home (I'm a bit of a hermit crab ^^; ) but what can I say? I love being at home. I get come online and hang out with my writing companions. Hang out here (although I kind of missed earlier today) I do get social interaction sort of. But I'm waiting for spring so I can take my dad with me while we head down toward Milwaukee to visit some of my mom's family there in the spring of early summer. And sadly I can't send PMs here yet.. I think.. I haven't tried. ^^;

@Silent:
    We all have slip ups but I'm very glad you chose the healthy route! congrats!

@Terra:
    Thanks and yeah I didn't get much walking in today either. Actually... no walking.. and.. no exercising and .. didn't reall yeat the best today either. Today has just been a very (off) day for me. I do hope you managed to get your walking in

@Sam:
    It's fantastic that you're working out and omg thank yo ufor the teriyaki sauce recipe! I really need to try that! I think I will later on this week once I get all the ingredients for it As for the squats with lifting the booty oh I hope so! xD I know it'll take awhile before I see any resuilts but as long as I do them on a regular basis I should in time! (Though I haven't today and am just too tired to do it right now)

@Fiona
    I'm glad you haven't lost your muse to be artisic I understand how you feel I'm very similar with my writing. If I can't get a grasp on my muse (its what I call my inspiration) I can't ... delve into the voices of my characters (I have a lot of characters that I bring to life through my writing) ^^; But I'm glad you're still able to create art. I'm sure it's fantastic!

~*oOo*~

As for me as I've mentioned before somewhere up there to people individually. I've been feeling (off) today. I don't know if its because I'm finding it hard to grasp my muse and find my character voices (which tends to bring me down sometimes when that happens.) Or the fact that I haven't had much of mental clarity lately. Lack of sleep. That kind of stuff. bleh. tomrrow is another day (well today but ... later ^^; ) I'm hoping it goes better.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!

Good night everyone!
  • Another early start. Behaved myself food wise yesterday and grilled some chicken last night with Regas' seasoning(old school steak joint that was in Knoxville for years and years and closed last year).

Pups were up and ready to go at the crack of dawn.

Settling in for the day with some dunkin' donuts "jelly donut" coffee. Still prefer my hazelnut, but darnit if this stuff doesn't really smell like a jelly donut!

Have a great day,

Dean
  • terra1984 - Yes my name is Melissa.

Fi- I am so sorry for your friendship loss. If I can do anything for you, please PM me (or ask here!)

kiki- I hope you find your muse soon!!

to the rest keep putting in your best effort and you will have success! keep up the good work! (sorry I just finished writing report cards)

So my plan is to be here more... semester 2 has started, and I was playing catch up but seem to be on the right track (work wise).... so life should find a happier medium soon.

I finally moved my ticker back, because I haven't been 354 since before Christmas.... although my weigh in today made me feel somewhat inspired that I hadn't completely ruined all my hard work...

I am having a social/work/stressful situation at the moment... and it's one of those things where people are being whiny and expect me to solve their problem, but they aren't really thinking it through... so I took a friends advice and just stepped away (specifics- we have a weekly shopping bus provided by the school that takes us to a mall, well last week someone came up to me telling that no one wants to use it anymore because it leaves too late, and the school has to do something about it...the thing is the school doesn't, it costs them money every week to do this and they provide this to us for free... and I have a good relationship with the person who coordinates the busses, and do not want to risk it over this petty thing. So my friend and I are having shopping nights together (she has a car) for the next few weeks and I sent an email telling people I wasn't going to be doing anything or even riding the bus for a few weeks....I swear it feels petty but it's just something that is kind of stressing me out)

Blah.... life goes on, hopefully weight comes off.... hope you all have a good day!
  • Good Morning!
    Melissa glad you haven't ruined all your hard work.
    Dean what is with the coffee? That would torture me!
    Kiki I LOVE your new picture! Must be ready to start a new chapter in your life.
    Chris... Oh what the heck I'll write something to you tomorrow.
    Fi thinking good thoughts is very supportive. Wishing you peace.
    I am not feeling so hot today. My body is strongly telling me to relax and give it time to heal. That is what I will do. I'll check in later so I can see how everyone is.
    How is everyone doing?
  • @Dean:
    That coffee sounds so good! I hope it tasted good I wouldn't be able to smell deliciousness like that. That would make me cave majorly. I do hope your day has gone well!

@Melissa
    Thank you! I'm listening to instrumental music which helps me grasp certain characters so right now that's what I'm listening to. It hasn't sparked anything yet but I'm sure in time it will. ^^!
    It's good that your hardwork wasn't ruined! That's fantastic news! I do hope things get better!

@Ubee
    Thank you and yes ^^ Definitely a new chapter for me! I plan on moving forward with my life and not looking back.
    Sorry you're not feeling so hot But relaxation is key, if your body is telling you to rest it's good you rest! I hope you're able to chill today with a cup of tea or something good to drink! (green tea with mint, lemon, & honey is my fave)

~*oOo*~

My day started after.. about 3 hours of sleep. Surprisingly I'm not tired it'll probably hit my later though. Right now I have to hussle around the house and get it organized to the perfect 'T' and why? Because my older sister is visiting today at 3-4pm somewhere around there. She's been out of state on business and got back yesterday. She calls me up and tells me that she wants to see dad. So of course I ask and receive the time frame. (She has a major OCD for cleaning. Everything has to be spotless or she'll throw a fit.)

Sooooo

Time for me to go clean up. I have 3 hours. I'll do my best!
    Wish me Luck!