3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: February, 2014

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

gggirls ~ Thats great that you had a POP on Friday and that yesterday was a POP day as well.

Kiki ~ Welcome to the Feb. 300+ Chat Thread. Like other members have said walking up and down the stairs does count as working out

edoetsch1 ~ Thats great that you tried to help out with the snow. Moral support is better then nothing. Thats terrific that your gonna do a walk for a cure for PKU in May. I agree with everyone else that the 4 pound gain was probably just water weight so that isnt a big deal, I wouldnt stress, I would do what works for you also, Is your real name Erin? Just wondering

time4me2change ~ Is your name Melissa? I used to have a sister in law who's name is Melissa, Anyway Im sorry you spent the past weekend with migraines and nosebleeds, Thats a bummer. It sounds like your gonna be busy for awhile with all of the classes and such.

betsy2013 ~ I didnt know you had fallen off plan, Im glad to hear you are back on plan now though. Thats cool that your watching the superbowl today, I know alot of people that are gonna watch the superbowl today but Im not one of them, Im not much of a sports fan. We'll look forward to hearing from you when you post in a few days.

Ubee ~ I didnt see an update from you but I wanted to say Hi anyway so Hi

silent ~ Im glad to hear the scale has been somewhat kind to you. Yes I agree Jan. went back fast.

Fiona ~ Im glad to hear your off to a pretty good start with the Month Of Letters Challenge. Thats awesome that you know of 5 possibilities for people to correspond with in French. Good luck with your experiment of going back on strict Atkins induction level. I hope you get good results back of the Stress Test.

merstopher ~ Congrats on the loss, It doesnt hurt to eat piggish sometimes you just dont want to do it all the time LOL. That's great that your feeling pretty good after a 50 min ride on the stationary bike.

I havent been doing much today since today is my day off from working out but my eating has been going good today. Tomorrow we're gonna go run errands after my mom gets off of work and we're also gonna go food shopping at walmart while we're out as well but Tuesday chances are we're gonna be snowed in, My mom isnt even sure if she gonna go to work on Wed. because of the snow we're gonna get on Tuesday but anyway Tuesday we're just gonna clean house and find things to do inside. Hope everyone has a nice night.

Big Goal is the 2nd ticker

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Old 02-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #17
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I am not going to let the scale bring me down. I feel better than I did weeks a go and that is what really matters. I know I need to work on my sodium intake. I am always way over the MFP recommended amount.
Tonight my DH brought home Subway for dinner & then asked if I had 200 calories for a treat. (he is to sweet) He had gotten us each a cookie for dessert. I can not believe I am saying this because normally I could eat a entire package of chocolate chip cookies in 1 sitting! The cookie was so GROSS! I took a bite and could not eat any more. It was just way to sweet. I never thought I would have that reaction to a cookie! lol
~Erin~

**I WILL NOT GIVE UP**
Start:12/29/13: 525lbs.
1st Goal: 10%: 473
2nd Goal: 20%: 426 (100lb loss)
3rd Goal: 30%: 384
4th Goal: 40%: 346
Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #18

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Color me HAPPY!! a 3 pound loss this week. I stayed on plan today despite having tons of food available at a Super Bowl Tailgate party I was at tonight.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #19

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

So it's monday I don't like that! Time to brace to face another week. I have some 'soups' in the fridge to help me through but I still need to grocery shop for the basics I keep avoiding that and just making stuff from my pantry which is fine but there aren't really any veggies in there and thats a problem... beans and rice etc are great but you kind of need veggies if you want to eat healthfully. so I need to at the very least grab some Vegetables may be some chicken to grill up since the soup I made yesterday is only going to last me a couple days if I eat it for both lunch AND supper.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #20

S/C/G: 304/283/190

OK, stepping in to be a part of the thread...

I lost 46 lbs about a year ago, and I've gained a large chunk of it back...

That being said, its a new day. I have to start thinking about what is ahead, not about what's behind.

Glad to hear there are so many supportive people here.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #21
Turning Into A New Woman

~Erin~ ~ Thats cool that you had subway for dinner, I LOVE Subway

Larry ~ Congrats on the 3 pound loss

silent ~ Yeah Im going shopping today too.

vwdeano ~ Welcome and Congrats on losing 46 pounds, Thats awesome

Today I need to walk this morning and then I need to take a shower before we go run our errands and go to walmart and then when we get home I'll walk for the 2nd time today and then I'll walk for the last time before bed. I hate being snowed in but it is winter after all so one should expect it. I was hoping I would get to go to two of my meetings this week, while I maybe get to go to the one that is on Thursday the chances of me going to the one on Wed. is slim because all of the snow we're gonna get but oh well its okay. Im looking forward to running errands and going to Walmart I like when I get to get out of the house. Well anyway I hope everyone has an awesome day today.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #22

Terra - I don't gaurantee I'll actually grocery shop I have leftovers for supper so I may not have the motivation by the time evening rolls around
I need to borrow your housework mojo too my place is a disaster zone I chipped away at it a little yesterday but it still needs massive work! Must keep cleaning !

Vw - Welcome

Larry - Congrats on the loss, I know you've been trying so hard, so enjoy the payoff

Erin - Funny how our tastes change, if you've been consuming very little sugar or salt you notice them a LOT more when you do have them.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 02-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #23

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Silent I get the feeling you might be having a little Spring Fever? You seem chipper and chatty. I like that! I'm sorry you had a LAzY weekend. How is your social life looking this week? Any food challenges ahead?
Terra sorry if I missed it or if it is a MYOB questions... but are these good meetings? I hope you can find some really yummy healthy foods when you and your mom shop today. Do you take a list or wing it? Myself, I am a list person for everything.
Dean! We are a supportive group and are happy to have you on board. Many of us have rescue dogs and cats. I have an orange rescue furball trying to sit on my key board right now.
Larry you have officially been colored happy. WTG!
Erin I love how you found the cookie gross. I am so sick of being unhealthy that I try to look at them as my enemy! I told my scale this morning that I've had way tougher battles in my life then it and its stupid number. I am so going to lose this weight!
Sam good work on the research. Knowledge is power.
Chris I hope to see you checking in more regularly!
Fi good job with the challenge. I procrastinate so much something like that would be a nightmare for me. I look forward to seeing how strict induction goes for you. I am going to read Wheat Belly next and then I am going to read Atkins from 1972. They both kinda go hand in hand with Grain Brain. It is working so well for our daughter but I want to get all the info I can. Thanks for your prayers. I am so glad that is over and I can move on to being a health freak! Yeah I'm feeling a new chapter has started in our lives.
Kiki how is going today? I live in NE Wisconsin. What part are you from? (Only if you feel like saying.)
Betsy how is your new career as a nurse going?
Hello to those I missed and the lurkers who we would love to have join us!
As for me, today I will get some walking in,drink my water and research recipes.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #24

Ubee - A bachelorette party on Saturday will be challenging, and I think my usual sunday night walking dead engagement should be resuming as well(?) and we usually make good snacks for that :-| The "boring" has been good for the weight loss. The fun will be a challenge as always, alcohol and food :-\ And I don't think I'm willing to completely abstain from either one of those. I'm willing to try and moderate both but honestly once I have a couple drinks my will power always fades, so realistically I will probably overdo it a little on the weekend. I know me. I don't know about spring fever just seeing that 310 makes me antsy. That feels SO Much closer to 300 than I've been in a long while so its making me a little jittery. I really want that, and I haven't had a NSV in a LONG time. I'm feeling amped up and am demanding results from my body haha. It better deliver! Something the 300 on the scale by the end of the month or an NSV. Something to show me the strict eating habits are productive

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #25

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Silent, yes boring is good for weightloss. Bored not so good. Way to go on your huge loss! I read somewhere? that if you drink and then eat you should choose to either drink or eat but not both. Never tried it myself. Don't even know if it is good advice. I say go with the drinking it will give you better stories to tell Betsy and me.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #26
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

My third day on strict Atkins, and I must confess, I miss my muesli. It doesn't have any sugar in it, but it became my comfort food, all the same. Maybe cheese sticks can be my new comfort food.

I miss my Belgian friend, too. I'm still crying several times a day. She's closed the door, but I'm hoping I can open a window and keep our friendship alive, even if our correspondence is dead. But I won't say any more about that until I have something positive to report. Right now it's just sadness and more sadness.

It sure would be comforting if we had a cat or two, but the prospects for a pair of kittens aren't until July or August.

I took two long letters and two postcards to the P.O. and got them hand-cancelled. That was my only achievement for the day. I have two collages all planned out in my head, but I haven't had the heart to make them yet. My Belgian friend was a huge fan of my collages, my biggest fan in fact, and she made perceptive and helpful comments about all of them. I'm gonna miss her eye.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #27

S/C/G: 340/261.6/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey hey everyone!

Phew today has been busy!! My usual 2 time check ins will probably only be 1 for a little bit. We are getting ready to move my office so the days are going to be busy with the usual work and when we aren't busy there we're going to be packing everything up. I successfully packed up my whole desk except for the necessities until the actual move day so yay me!

I got on the scale this morning and I didn't like what I saw...I gained 4.2 lbs. Meh, surprisingly enough I'm not sad about it. Not like I usually would be when trying to lose weight. I know it was from the copious amounts of cheese and pepperoni I ate while I was at work, and I only exercised 3 days last week. I know what I need to do to get back in the game and hope to lose what I gained for next weigh in.

Today I did have a NSV...I've had absolutely no dairy. None! Nada! Zip! Which I know we don't always eat dairy every day, but my meals could have very well included some sort of cheese our sour cream. I had gluten free oatmeal with berries, turkey tacos wrapped in lettuce instead of tortilla with an apple on the side, and chicken fajitas wrapped in lettuce for dinner lol...Today was very much a mexican day lol...I did make some yummy guacamole to go with dinner since I had some avocados that just had to be used up before they went bad. That did help not having the sour cream or cheese and I really watched my portion on it even if it is healthy fat.

I think tonight I'm going to do some yoga and maybe work on arms some. I took a break from doing my taxes to make dinner so I figured I'd check in while my food settles

Larry Good job on the loss!!!

silent I feel ya on the not wanting to go to the store lol...Pantry food sometimes is good...I think I have enough veg to last me awhile now since I stocked up yesterday...Hope you make it to the market anyhow and get some yum yum veg!!

vwdeanoWelcome to the group!! Everyone here is very supportive so don't be afraid to get in there and socialize!!! I wish you well on your journey and here if you ever need a helping hand!

Ubee Find any good recipes today?

Fiona Sending you big hugs!! I can feel your pain in losing a friend. My best friend called it quits with me about a month ago and as much drama as she was filled with, and I know I won't have to deal with so much pressure from her, I do miss getting to talk to her. I'm moving on with my life and thinking about all the good things I am doing to make my life better both physically and mentally...I hope that you find it too...I can feel how heart broken you are. Much love my dear!

Well I'm off to finish filing my taxes! Have a great night everyone!!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #28
Turning Into A New Woman

silent ~ You can borrow my housework mojo anytime lol. Good luck with cleaning, Did you ever make it to the store?

Ubee ~ Yeah they are good meetings, The one for Wed got cancelled and we are getting snow again on Thursday so I probably wont be going to that one either. Yeah I found some lean cuisine's Im looking forward to trying, Im a list person too.

Im about to call it a night and head to bed, Its been a long day. Good night everyone

Old 02-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #29
♥ Creative Writer ♥

S/C/G: 345/343/170

Height: 5'2

@Fiona: Thank you! and yes You can call me Kiki! I am sorry about ... you losing a friend. I know how you feel I've lost friends in the past. One quite recent in fact. She was one of my friends who I used to write stories with. So in a sense I understand your pain Sending you hugs in hopes it cheers you up.

@Terra: This place seems amazing! Everyone is so friendly and supporting each other! it's beautiful! ^^

@Ubee: Oh nice! I live in North East Wisconsin a bit south of Greenbay (at least I think that's northeast.. ^^; )

Woo.. it's been a long tiring/semi-bored day for me. I didn't get much done today in terms of housework I did manage to get in some wall push up (50) and wall squats (6 sets of 30 seconds). Tomorrow I plan on getting a little walking done or maybe 10-15 minutes of stairs.

Last edited by BloomingKiki : 02-04-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #30
♥ Creative Writer ♥

S/C/G: 345/343/170

Height: 5'2

I just finished with my reply to my friend's story post. Now I can finish what's left of my peppermint tea and get some sleep. Goodnight everyone!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.