Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

I just saw the forcast and if we can hang on a few more days warmer weather is coming. I was mid 60s. Woohoo. Of course the next day out might be 0. I can't wait to open ip my house. We close all doors going to the basement in the winter months and my kitchen is like a dungeon. Can't wait to let eastern light in. May open up windows first day we hit 60.

I plan to start walking outside as soon as we warm up.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm so grateful that I have a sunny kitchen. But can't wait to have a bit of a warm up...

Yesterday was okay. I didn't go crazy, tried to get in some extra steps in places... trying to be more mindful. It helps that I'm not buying a donut every day.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #48  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Way to go, Heather! Mindful + no donuts is major.

Totally lost it last evening. Back on track today, though I ate something unplanned at work. But I'm still within my points for the day; had a light dinner to compensate. Wogged for 30 minutes.

I love that I can up my effort as well as duration of exercise, but as soon as I did so my weight went up. Was reading about this and saw many people saying that inflammation of muscles as you increase intensity can cause temporary water weight gain. One source said the effect could take as long as two weeks to wear off. Anyone have experience with this? It's really bumming me out, but I don't want to back off on the exercise.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #49  

I ate at church tonight and didn't get dessert! So I ended up with a pop day!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #50  

I had a restless night last night. It was one of those nights I dreamed crazy stuff all night. I'm sure the new allergy med is the cause.
Today food will be pop! Have meat laid out so I cook it. Will add green beans and a baked potato.
We are slowing thawing out but snow again tomorrow, then a heat wave starting Sunday.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Another decent day yesterday. I went to the grocery store ahead of the storm and avoided major pitfalls. If ice cream and cheetos don't come home with me, then I can't eat them.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - I have read that also. I also gain when I first start exercising except in the pool - for some reason it feels like I lose additional water then. The only thing I know is I feel better when I exercise so staying on plan and exercise is a double win. Keep it up - it's all for your health.

Big step - I've been out of the pool for various reasons for several weeks. Heading back this morning! POP day planned too. I stepped on the scale and it was up from last week's WI - hoping I can still show a loss by tomorrow's WI.

Let's do this!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had a huge Volumetrics serving of pasta for dinner yesterday. 8 oz dry Dreamfields elbows (that is four servings) to which I added a can of no salt added stewed tomatoes and chopped green bell pepper. I spiced it with Garlic powder, Oregano, Italian seasoning and Sirarcha hot sauce. It was delicious and very filling. My nutrition for the day:

Calories 1,213 Goal 1,700
Carbs 295g Goal 213g
Fat 6g Goal 47g
Protein 41g Goal 106g
Sodium 498mg Goal 2,300mg
Fiber 64g Goal 30g
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #54  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Lost 0.6 lb. this week. I'll take it since last week was a challenge.

Deb, I had the same time of night last night. Sleep a half hr. awake 15 min., over and over again.

Heather, I didn't do storm shopping but I agree that if I don't bring chips and Snyders Cheddar Pretzel Pieces home, or even into the car, I don't eat them either. Amazing, isn't it????

Carol, glad you're back in the pool!

Larry, That sounds good - in smaller portions for those of us on other programs though.

Angela, It's true about gaining when you first start exercise. Just keep it up and it will slough off.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #55  

Monday I grabbed some clothes on clearance at walmart. I put on an outfit to wear today and they are snug. Guess 3 athelitic outfits are reason enough to exercise and make them fit right. I really like them and they will be perfect for spring.
I made cake balls last night for hubby's valentine. I ate 2 before dipping them. I will pass them out today. I used strawberry cake and made homemade cream cheers frosting and mixed it in to the crumbled cake. Then after making balls out of it I dipped in almond bark. I am not tempted by these so all is good!
Food today will be meatloaf leftovers
Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #56  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Cake balls sound great Deb. Glad to see you've got them under control.

I had a POP day yesterday and it looks like I'll be shoveling today. We had close to a foot of snow overnight and we were on the west edge of the storm.

Heather, Hope your not digging out and have power.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #57  

All cake balls are bagged up and most passed out already. I ate 1 today. But only one!!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I have some newfound energy - I think it's from moving more. Lots of errands and committed time the last two days. Weekend is mostly planned - will be busy and productive and include at least one more trip to the pool.

Hope all are safe in this storm.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had a POP day today but again I was a little low on calories. 999 Calories for the day.

I have been staying home with DW who has a terrible case of vertigo since Tuesday night. She cannot get from the bed to the bathroom without my help.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #60  

Larry-hope your wife recovers quickly. My mom has that from time to time and she is miserable when it happens. I don't understand your eating plan but glad it's working for you.
Carol- please share your energy with me.
Judy- hope you don't get more snow today off this storm. We got lucky and just got rain.
Heather-how are you?
Angela-we are suppost to hit 60 next wk. hoping it goes a few hours north to you as well!!
I had a pop day yesterday. Truly thankful for no candy this yr.
Today will be a meal or 2 out. So my plan is to eat light both times. Just having a yogurt for breakfast. I may end up over calories but hoping to be close. My head is still only half where I need it to be. Hoping the warmer weather will help. I kinda feel like I need a new plan but I know cc works. I am open for suggestions.
Closed Thread