300+ Getting Fit After 40 #318

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Angela I have become so aware of how non-supportive my snow boots are. Maybe not this winter but will invest in a better pair for the future.

We are doing a mini Thanksgiving today for our company. Not POP for sure. I will watch quantities and work to make good choices.

Let's do this!
  • Lands End (I do not work there) has snow sneakers. A couple of the women in my WW group have them and love them. They walk to 2 miles to meetings unless it's bitter cold or storming. Lands end has a few pairs left on line. My local store had none left. I'm sure that by next Fall they will be back in stock.
  • Thanks for asking, Angela. I have no idea how I am! I'm not sure I'm really trying anymore. But I'm not giving up hope.
  • Hugs Heather!! We only have one way to go because we sure don't want to go back up to where we use to be.

We got more snow over night. I am putting away all of the snowmen I left out after Christmas. I am hiding them all today. Praying the snow won't feel welcome and stay away. Lol

Food today will be baked pork chop and veggies.
  • Aww, Heather, we're here for you.

Debbie, thanks for getting those snowmen put away. Maybe that'll do the trick.

Judy, thanks for the heads-up on the snow sneakers. I'm able to stay inside today, so I'm giving my knee a break from the boots, but I'll take a look.
  • Big hug!
    A big hug for all of my friends that are struggling. Heather, the thing is that if you give up, you will wind up like me!! 80 years old and obese! Nobody wants to be there! Things just get harder, walking, having to go to Drs. that don't want to treat you, and who can blame them? And there is all of the test etc. that you can't manage cause you can't fit in, or get on, or whatever!! Honestly, sometimes, I can't believe that I have let this happen.

As you all know I had a stroke about a year and half ago. My skills with writing and spelling (lol) are pitiful, but I still have enough brain function to know that this is not a GOOD thing. (to be this heavy).

To all of you....good luck and please keep trying. By the way, Losing even a little bit of weight now is almost impossible. : Ruth
  • Ruth- hugs I miss your daily post and your wisdom!! Please check in on us more often. We need you!!please take care

I put all my snowmen and winter stuff away. We got a light coating of snow overnight and a winters mix is forcast for today.
    Hubby has to have a couple of heart test tomorrow and I'm hoping we can get there. A bonus is that it's in the town our daughter lives in and I can't wait to hold that baby boy again!!
    Food was good yesterday. The veggies sure hit the spot!! Time to figure out today's meals. Monday if weather permits we will eat red lobster. I will follow the rules I use to follow. I sure have strayed a long way from how I use to eat.
    Yesterday was day 1. Ready for day 2!
  • I had a great weekly weigh in today!! Lost another 2 lbs on my journey toward good health
  • I WILL BE POP TODAY, I WILL BE POP TODAY, I WILL BE POP TODAY.

That is all.

Oh no it's not - Hi Ruth - miss you much!
  • Hi Ruth I miss you too. Try to stop in more often.

I was POP yesterday. Even grabbed a banana to eat on my way to the grocery store.

On to a new week!
  • While I can't say yesterday was POP, I did have at least 3 f&v servings and did not give in to my cravings for sweets. Sometimes it's the little victories.

I'll be happy if today is the same.
  • Whew - yesterday was POP. I really don't like day one. I much prefer a string of POP days - I think we even have a POP valentine's day planned.

Yeah Heather! Baby steps girlfriend.

Let's do this!
  • Hubby's dr ap got cancelled due to snow. So I was sad we didn't get to go see our new baby. Hubby and I went to lunch with a friend and then got our oldest granddaughter who was sick. She is on antibotics and needed a little tlc.

Yesterday wasn't pop but not bad really. Today will be pop!!!
  • Calories were too low to say I was on plan today. Only 943 and my plan is 1,700
  • Everyone in the path of the storm please stay safe!

Yesterday was POP and another day to match is planned for today.