Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #16  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Judy, good job staying on track today.

My town is "out of salt" for the roads. Well, they have a little, so they'll just be salting at the intersections, lol! So we can slide right into the stop signs. Luckily, the university closed this afternoon and already announced a snow day for tomorrow, so I'm home for the duration. Feels good to get a breather.

Just finished a 20-minute kick box workout. Funny how I stopped doing that for so long; I really do enjoy it, as little as anyone who knows me would expect me to.

So tomorrow should be a good day, the only danger is, you know, being near the fridge all day. I can set myself up for success by getting a full night's sleep and planning what I'll eat tomorrow… and keeping myself busy, of course. Should be easy… there's more than enough to do around here.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

We are at 10 inches of snow today and counting. The ice from last weekend is still under it all. Home early from work today and IF I go in tomorrow it will be late. I'm just not sure how productive I can be working from home.

I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning. My poor choices on Sunday are showing a 3 lb gain at this point. There is no way I ate 10,000 calories.

Heather - how can we help. We're here for you just as you've been for us. Did just getting it out help?

We are having unexpected company starting tomorrow through Sunday. DH's ex-wife passed away yesterday so his son and friend are flying in from Hawaii tomorrow. I'm really working on a plan in my head to not let this be comfort food in the loss of his mom - rather to comfort him emotionally.

Stay safe!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

We got close to a half inch of ice. So thankful to have electricity. Looks like more snow coming in time for the weekend.
I had a good day yesterday. We ended up eating leftovers. Today I will cook but we will eat early in the day.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #19  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

We've got 3-4" so far. Still snowing. Schools closed.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #20  

I had an appointment this morning 15 minutes from home. There was a "window" of no snow and it was supposed to stay clear until later this afternoon
so off I went. I came out of the building to a whiteout at 12:01. It took 55 white knuckle minutes to get home. Ground was white, cars were white, sky was white and the roads were white. Talk about scary. You could not see 2 car lengths ahead of you. It's been at least 4 years since I've driven in anything this bad. I dug out my rusty storm driving skills and it took close to an hour but I made it home safely. Two hours later it's beginning to clear up, I've had lunch and convinced myself I really didn't need to uncork a bottle of wine or fix definitely off program comfort food for lunch.

Now it's time to shovel!

Last edited by j-ann; 02-05-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Escaping the Snow and Ice is why I moved to God's waiting room. Also called Florida

I am working on learning how to live on the Volumetrics plan. I really did not expect to struggle to get enough calories in for the day before I am full. This is a learning experience for me. Yesterdays total was 770 calories and I could not have eaten anything more. I will master this and learn how to mix high and low calorie dense foods to get adequate nutrition without consuming too many or too few calories
Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #22  

Wow, Larry! 770 cals just sounds way too low. I don't know anything about volumetrics but I'd worry.

Well, the see it eat it day sure didn't work for me. Why am I not surprised?
I gained a pound this week. At least I'm back on track.

Sunny and cold here this morning. Nice day to catch up on shoveling. We ended up with about a foot of new snow yesterday.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #23  
Vortex

Judy, glad you got home safely the other day. Had a little snow incident myself but also all is well.

Carol, that sounds challenging for everyone. Take care and love to all of you.

Larry, are nuts on your menu? Nice and dense and healthy (heart-healthy, too). A quarter cup would up your calorie count considerably.

Heather, thinking of you.

Well, I was having nice steady movement on the scale for a few days (it finally matches my ticker again) but now I've been holding steady for a few days. I wouldn't mind, except I really don't want to lose money on this diet bet! I spent $30 to motivate myself, and I suppose if I stay on track the rest of the month it would be worth the money, but I really wanted to win the bet. I have 6.3 pounds to go between now and Feb. 26… seems a little unlikely at this point… but I have to keep telling myself the motivation is worth the money!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex_VVV View Post
Larry, are nuts on your menu? Nice and dense and healthy (heart-healthy, too). A quarter cup would up your calorie count considerably.
Other than a concern that you are what you eat I think you have a good idea. Actually nothing is off my menu on Volumetrics. I just have to limit high Calorie density foods so that I am eating enough low calorie density foods to feel satiated without exceeding my calorie goal. When I am at that point nuts would be a very good choice. They are near the top of the list for calorie density so a very tiny portion would add a lot of calories. I like walnuts and peanuts. The rest of them I do not care for.

When I started this journey I never dreamed that I would have to plan methods to increase my calorie count. What got me to where I am today was certainly not a lack of calories.

Last edited by Larry H; 02-06-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Warm and safe thoughts to all in the ice, snow and cold as we all brace for the next wave. Please be safe!

WI had me down .25 this week. My week was a little wonky about my super bowl of poor choices. I found myself not tracking until the end of the day a few days. Focus is back! I'm also happy with this loss after a big loss for me last week and even more importantly being able to reign back in what could have been a "throw it out the window" week.

Company is here and have been feeding them healthy just as we eat. Not sure what tomorrow's menu is yet.

Let's do this!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #26  

Good job Carol! I'm back on track too. I admit sometimes I don't tack until later in the day but that means the next day I'll remember a thing or two I'd forgotten to track the day before and when I add them the good day turns ugly.

I don't worry about getting breakfast tracked right away as it's almost always the same but after that I've got to get right to it.

Sun's out this morning but I don't think we'll see 20º.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #27  

Default Non Scale Victory

I am Excited!! I went from a 52 inch belt to a new 48 inch belt today.
The new belt fits good and does not have the belly overhang that I had with the larger belt size back on New Years Day.

Last edited by Larry H; 02-07-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #28  

Way to go Larry!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Grocery shopping tomorrow and only buying healthy foods. I have to get is back on track. If we only have good food here surely we can get in track.
We are doing wii each day and that's a big improvemt
Old 02-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #30  
Vortex

Sounds like everybody's moving along… Heather, dear, how are you?

I just finished my first "mission" on Zombies, Run! It was good, kept me walking a little longer than I would have otherwise. But it alternates story with your iTunes playlist, and I've got to edit that list… not all exercise music, that's for sure.

While I was walking quickly away from zombies, I think I figured out where my knee pain's coming from; I think it's a problem with my stride when I wear my winter boots. Wouldn't be an issue except I haven't been able to go out in any other footgear for so long! But I hope I'm right… I hate to think it's something I'm going to have to tai to the doc about.

Let's have a great OP weekend.
Closed Thread