Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie here looking for friends and support

Good evening everyone,

I just joined this site last night and am trying to get my feet wet here. My name is Sam and I have about 170 lbs to lose. I know it is not going to happen over night and I feel like I have finally come to grips with taking the slow and steady race so that I can make subtle changes and change my life for the better and keep the weight off.

I have been overweight/obese since I was a little girl. I have tried every diet known out there and though some of them I did have some success with, the results never lasted. I am now nearing my 30s, have high blood pressure, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and I know if I don't try to do anything now, it is just going to get harder for me to lose the weight. I don't want to be on medication for HBP and I want to get control of my hormones and hopefully one day in the future have children. It kills me that I may not be able to conceive because a baby is what I want more than anything. My doctor has told me losing weight will help with the PCOS so I know I HAVE to do this. Not only to have these opportunities but to also feel better in my own skin.

I am slowly moving into a whole foods diet ad making small changes one at a time so that I don't feel like I am deprived and that I will keep the changes and feel better about what I'm doing. I know it may take more time to lose the weight I need, but I feel the changes will be more permanent if I do it this way.

My husband is also over weight and is in far worse health than myself. I really worry about him and I'm hoping that if I start making little changes maybe it will inspire him to do the same. He is almost 33 years old and heart attacks run in his family. I don't want to lose him so i have to do this to save the both of us.

I'm really excited to meet new people and friends to help motivate me. I look forward to hearing from you all <3
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #2  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sam! I am on the Ideal Protein alternative program. I am sending you best wishes...my hubby and I are doing this together. It has been helpful.

I think you have the right plan. My history of taking on too many changes at once...was overwhelming. Your husband may very well follow your example and you can both work towards this supporting each other. With that said, YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE! The support here is awesome! Be sure to read through even the older threads they are packed with tips, tricks, and amazing amounts of inspiration!

~b
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Sam!
Please feel free to join us in the 300+ chat thread for daily support!
Good luck! You can do this!
Ubee
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!! I'm so happy to be here!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #5  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Welcome Sam, I am so glad you have come to join us! You will find everybody has a different approach to it all. I calorie count and write it all down. I move my butt in a meaningful way every day and am trying very hard to get away from "all or nothing" mentality of binge/diet and be a bit kinder to myself if I fall off the wagon...so to speak. I hope you find the way that works for you....this site is amazing support.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Sam We are all different but have the same goal to be healthy.

I am Calorie Counting and I mix in some of the Volumetric diet also into my plan
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

We've already 'met' in the 300+ thread, but I'm looking for buddies as well. We sound very much alike with our PCOS and hopes for children.

If you're interested in being FB buddies, we can do that as well. I check there more often than I'll be able to check here. If you're interested, please send me a private message and we'll hook up...in a totally non-creepy, internet stranger way, of course :P
Mulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hi Sam,

I've already posted messages to you in the Chat Thread but I was glad to learn more about you. I look forward to chatting with you more.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/375/220

Height: 6'

Hi Sam. I am glad to find others here like me. I will send positive energy your way to help you in your journey
MusicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #10  
♥F your beauty standards♥

S/C/G: 395/ 382/ 200

Height: 5'1

Welcome to 3fc Sam! <3 I'm still a newbie here, and so far I love this site. Everyones super friendly, and helpful. n_n And of course if you ever want or need someone to chat with hmu
CutsieMina is offline   Reply With Quote