New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 9 of 33
Go to
  • Hi Nightkatt and others!
    Had a few problems on the home front so dieting has been the last thing on my mind. Will stay the same for this week and may be next week if that's OK as I don't think getting on the scales at the moment will be helpful!
  • Good Morning

Glad to see your post, Katt...was wondering if you were a victim of the earthquake?

I don't eat meat at all. I was a vegetarian most of my adult life but about 10 years ago changed to include chicken and turkey ...but no red stuff!!

Quotes:

One day I want to say, "I did it".

Someone who is busier than you is working out right now.
  • Hi Katt!

I was really excited to get my scale. I ordered one off of Amazon, but the scale was so tiny and my balance isn't the greatest. So while out shopping, I grabbed another one. Mine is also digital and very nice for the price I paid. I'm very happy to finally have a scale in my apartment. It's nice to be able to keep track of my progress.
  • START WEIGHT:
    01/06/2014 261
    Chest 48 1/2
    Waist 47
    Hips 59

GOAL WEIGHT: 240
    TOTAL TO LOSE:21

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 261
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 260
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 261
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
  • Isles!
    Looks like this wasn't our week. Good thing we have time to turn things around!
  • START WEIGHT: 405
    GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 355
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 50
    LOST SO FAR: 7 POUNDS!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 398
  • Hi everybody! I just put in my weekly rate, but decided to adjust my goal from 40 to 50 pounds. For some reason, I thought it ended at the end of March but since it is the end of April, I'm adding on a few more pounds.

I hope everyone is doing well. I myself feel very excited about this challenge and by checking in every week I think it'll keep me on track a little better.
  • Sunny!
    Congrats on getting under 400! :woo hoo:
  • MOUNTAIN - No prob hun .. just do what you need to do ... unfortunately life doesn't always get along with our plans so keep strong and well.

ISLES - Some days I just don't have a lot to say lol .. but Im always popping in at some point of the day ... but if it in the middle of something then I don't post until I have time to do it right lol. Im not a vegetarian .. but Im not a red meat eater .. or turkey lol ... the main meats I eat are chicken .. and a little pork ... but I love my vegetables Oops about the weigh in .. but no worries ... it will straighten up again for the next one Im sure

LEMC - Great to hear ... I think we got our ones from a free points thingy... been a while since I got them ... but Im sure it was a free thing cos I had enough points for them .. best use of those points lol .. until recently .. I just got a free set of kitchen scales that are digital so I can get my measurements right now ... before I would have to approximate it cos I couldn't see the lines properly lol.

SUNNY - Fantastic job! Well done And welcome in to Threeville It is a great achievement to go down from one city to another so I hope you are really proud of yourself And Im sure you will be able to achieve your goal going by what you have done so far I did it last year so have high hopes for you and believe you can do it

Sigh .. don't know what is going on with me at the moment .. just have no interest in real food! Yesterday I just had a little of the Cottage Pie I made .. as well as a couple of the cookies I made ... and today is even worse .. 2 bananas, a cookie and a bag of chips! So not good ... but hopefully tomorrow will see me back on track again ... I have some lovely fresh fruit and vegetables in my kitchen and I need to get out of this funk I seem to have fallen into .. I didn't even do anything today other than cross-stitch .. I have other things I really should be doing around the house .. including setting up my zen room (where I have all my collections and music studio set up .. need to put the new shelves in and set it all up again) ... changing around my bedroom ... sorting out the junk I put in hunnys zen room (it looks more like a storage room now lol) ... and I was going to do some more baking ... but for that I really need to be in the right frame of mind otherwise nothing works out right lol.

Soooo ... hopefully everyone else is keeping warm where its cold, cool where its hot, dry where its wet .. and hydrated!

Hugs all .. off to cross stitch some more
  • SunnyDispo! Way to go! AWESOME JOB! You are in a new Century! HOORAY! Now watch that scale zoom down!

Oh NightKatt... Don't beat yourself up... well.. don't be disappointed in yourself. We all need Battery recharge days and what you have been thru these last 6 months (besides losing weight).. well you are truly allowed to have a "day off" ! You recharged (maybe all the way) and when you are topped off - you will get back at your tasks. I very much understand!
  • START WEIGHT:305
    GOAL WEIGHT: 255

Week 01 - JAN 06: 305
    Week 02 - JAN 13: 299
    Week 03 - JAN 20: 299
    Week 04 - JAN 27:
    Week 05 - FEB 03:
    Week 06 - FEB 10:
    Week 07 - FEB 17:
    Week 08 - FEB 24:
    Week 09 - MAR 03:
    Week 10 - MAR 10:
    Week 11 - MAR 17:
    Week 12 - MAR 24:
    Week 13 - MAR 31:
    Week 14 - APR 07:
    Week 15 - APR 14:
    Week 16 - APR 21:
    Week 17 - APR 28:

Yep, sure didn't watch what I ate this past week. Well I watched it but didn't care Am being better this week.
  • Just got my scale today so I hope its ok I am jumping in! A challenge will help keep me motivated

START WEIGHT: 500
    GOAL WEIGHT: 450
    LOST SO FAR: 0

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: no scale
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: no scale

Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 500
  • EDO - You are more than welcome to jump on in we are happy to have you on board Glad you got your scales too .. I know people say to not focus on them .. but they do help to keep you on track .. more so than the NSV do. Hope to see you on the boards .. don't forget to take your measurements .. you don't have to post them btw .. but they are good to look back on for your own goals Also .. if you get a chance to .. have a look back a few pages .. I posted a great visual motivation to put together for your goals .. I have 3 jars ... one is ULTIMATE .. the other 2 represent the mini goal I set Im going to get some more stones for mine as I didn't have quite enough .. but once I get it all set up right I will post a pic of my ones Are you on a plan of any kind or are you just working out what works for you? Tell us about yourself a little when you get the chance .. do you have any pets? You will find I tend to babble lol

LESLIE - I couldn't help but laugh at your comment .. I think we all have those weeks .. I know I did over Xmas and New Year ... so glad your attitude sounds so positive about it

WANNA - Feeling better today .. actually woke up thinking about dinner lol .. which is a change .. only thing is .. I got busy ... rearranged my bedroom, smashed my big bear cabinet when I was moving it (doh!) so had to clean all that up ... got the washing on .. cleaned up the kitchen (not that there was much to clean up in there as hunny just heated up some Cottage Pie for his dinner last night lol) .. and now the appetite has gone again BUT I am darn well gonna eat tonight! I have already worked out what I am doing ... So I feel like I have achieved something today and feel happier lol

Well as I said ... the appetite is just not sticking around .. but I am thinking it may actually be because of the Reflux attack I had on Monday night cos it has been since then that I haven't really wanted to eat anything and only ate because I knew I needed to have something to keep me going. Tonight its back to what I know .. but with a few extra calories as I think I can have them lol ... soooo .. Chicken breast, marinated and then sliced up and crumbed with panko & parmesan. Then will do a few boiled baby potatoes and carrots, steamed cauliflower & broccoli and a courgette. I probably won't end up eating much of the chicken or the potatoes lol .. but I will definitely eat the rest

So after my favourite cabinet now being destroyed (it collapsed just as I got it into position My poor bears that were in there I had to give a little vac and cuddle .. and find them a new place to sit) has been cleaned up as much as I can before we find a way to remove it and get rid of it ... on the plus side .. I didn't break the mirror at the bottom of it so whew! (Last time I broke a mirror I broke a bone in my body every year for the next 7 years!!)

Rearranged my bedroom so I have my lights and crystals in it better and my dvd's are all sorted (my faves are in the bedroom, hunnys are in in the lounge lol) and my books are finally tidied up and sorted out too .. yep .. happy wit that .. looking forward to going to bed tonight .. oh .. and speaking of bed .. hunny left a surprise in bed for me last night. He went to bed earlier and when I went to bed he had added an extra blanket on my side (cos it was a cooler night) and he had put one of my velvet silk roses on the pillow .. such a hunny

Yep .. feeling like its a good day .. going to get the washing done now and the chicken marinating ... and then Im back to doing my cross stitch Hope you are all well
  • Down 0.2this week.

START WEIGHT:306.9
    GOAL WEIGHT: 285
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 21.9lbs

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 306.9 lbs (start)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 304.9 (-2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 304.7 (-0.2)

Total down=-2.2lbs

• So yup .. ate dinner tonight and I did enjoy it ... didn't eat much of the chicken .. and only had one of the baby potatoes .. but ate heaps of the broccoli, cauliflower, courgette & carrot lol ..

Sooo what did I make? Panko/Parmesan Chicken with Teriyaki & Lemon.
    Trimmed and sliced a chicken breast, marinated it in Teriyaki sauce for a few hours. Mixed some Panko & Parmesan cheese together and then just before I cooked it I put the chicken through it to coat the pieces. Popped it on the grill (no oil!) to cook through and when it was almost cooked I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over the chicken.
    On the side I had steamed cauliflower/broccoli/courette, boiled carrots & baby potatoes. I made a gluten free white sauce, added in some herbs and spices and 1/2c cheese ... very tasty meal And the whole thing was less than 600 calories ... soooooo ... todays calories ... 730 ... yeah .. a little low still .. but better than yesterday .. hopefully this will help my weigh in this week .. I find when I lose my appetite I tend to go up because my body doesn't want to let anything go lol ..