New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 33
Go to
  • Mountain Walker:
    What is Celadrin?Celadrin is an all-natural matrix of esterified fatty acid carbons (EFAC), somtimes referred to as cetylated fatty acids. This matrix includes myristoneate, laurate, oleate, palmitate and palmitoleate carbons, scientifically arranged through a proprietary process of esterifying oils derived from beef. As it is free of protein, it is 100% free of "mad cow" disease concerns.Celadin provides a diffrent anti-arthritic action. It may be used along with other natural joint health supplements such as glucosamine sulfate (GLS), chondroitin sulfate (CS) or methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM), empowering them to perform faster and more efficiently in building joint carilage.Celadrin can be used along with other natural joint health supplements such as glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate or MSM, in supporting the structure of healthy joint cartilage.Celadrin is an all natural proprietary ingredient, that has been clinically proven to promote joint function as measured by flexibility and mobility

This has worked very well for me...don't know if it works for everyone but I did notice a huge difference for me.
  • Hey everybody!
    Today was a not so great day for me. I caved in on a craving and had a poutine as a snack. Poutine is definitely not snack sized or particularly healthy. I felt sick afterwards. I still do. I know I must have gotten at least 700 calories from that alone. But I did try to make up for it by playing some Wii Fit with my boyfriend in addition to my 30 minutes earlier that day that I did by myself.
  • Hi everyone ... had a lovely day with my hunny today ... got up a little later than usual, had a banana and a nut bar for breakfast lol .. and a coffee (still not a fan of the home coffee lol) ... then did a little more of my cross stitch and then up and out we went to see a friend to drop off some things ... was only going to be a drop off and come home .. but ended up staying at the mall with her for about 2 hours!! Had lunch out at the cafe ... I ordered a coffee (trim, 12oz, single shot no sugar), and then hunny and I shared a Chicken/Brie Panini, and he ordered the low fat blueberry muffin .. .I had a couple of small mouthfuls of it .. cos I dont like the blueberry lol .. after the visit had a quick stop at the supermarket to get some more fresh fruit and lettuce etc then headed home to relax with each other until I got dinner sorted .. oh ... hang on .. will post tonights pic ...

pretty much the same as yesterday .. but instead of steak I had dry baked chicken (just baked in lidded dish with no liquid added) still nice and juicy but less fat (especially after I sat it for about 5 minutes on paper towels) .. so a little of that (150g for me .. 250g for hunny) sitting on top of the fancy lettuce, gherkin, cucumber, baby beetroot, baby corn, carrot & spring onion. Also a little bit of baby potato salad (with light mayo). In total my one was between 475-500 calories .. so really good .. and boy was it filling!! I dont even have room for my usual few pieces of fruit!

Tomorrow I am creating in the kitchen .. want to retry a few recipes I tried the other week (gluten/dairy free) to see if I can lower the calories a little more before I put them down in my book (which I will be printing up June/July) ... so will see if they work and will post them tomorrow I can afford to have the baking in the house because I am going into the markets to say a proper farewell to the other stall holders so can take them in for that lot to eat lol. Also going to make my first ever chili for my hunny .. I cant eat it cos I use tomato, but will make myself a couple of little meatballs to go with my veges.

MOUNTAIN WALKER - I am probably the last one to ask about exercise lol .. ask the others that have returned to my challenge .. I really havent gotten into the exercise part of weight loss at all! I did try for a few weeks .. and really I did great .. and I really loved it when I was doing it and how I felt after it .. just getting there was the hurdle which admittedly I wasnt great at overcoming. On the plus side .. now that I have cleared all the junk out of the lounge I have room to do my "Walk Away the Pounds" or "Disco with Richard Simmons" ... but seriously that is something I need to get myself sorted out with this time as I have signed up to 2 walking events so I need to train up to be able to get to the finish line! Other than that .. the excitement I feel for the weight loss hasnt really changed ... I get worried and fret a little occasionally when I know I have gone off the wagon, but really its coming in here every day and seeing what everyone else is up to helps to keep me excited (plus I have another challenge going on Facebook in a private group I started .. so if you are on Facebook and want to have 2 lines of attack/defence on this journey look me up to friend me .. Katt Clarkson-Schmieg).... so my advice .. keep checking in .. keep accountable .. and keep reminding yourself WHY you started this journey to start with!

UBEE - Thanks .. I do love this time of year for the fresh fruit and veg .. love being able to have foods I dont have to cook to enjoy But I love my veg cooked or raw so it does feature in 95% of my meals anyway lol.

KENDRABEAR - Not a bad thing to crave lol ..

ISLES - It was interesting reading about Celedrin .. I dont think I have seen that over here .. with my darling having had arthritis since his early teens his joints (as you can imagine) are not the best, he has had one hip replaced twice and the other one once. His knees now have no fluid in them and I hear them creak all the time, lord knows how he gets about ... but the latest thing we have been trying (along with his prescribed meds to deal with the pain and slow down the destruction) is Krill ... or is that Kreel .... no Im sure its the first one lol .. but since he started having it just before Xmas he has said that this summer is not as hard on him as usual (he has the type of arthritis that prefers the cooler months to the heat as he is already hot as they are always inflamed). But maybe I will see if I can find that one to see if that makes a difference too .. I do like finding natural things...

Okee .. midnight here ... weigh in tomorrow so I better get a good nights sleep lol .. hugs all .. see you on the scales!
  • Thank you so much for the advice about Celadrin,I have never heard of it!
    Katt your food always looks so gorgeous I would love a gluten free bread recipe if anybody has any??
    On the exercise from I have stuck to my 20 mins daily dog walk and something else each day, either Wii dance (look ridiculous but good fun!) or minitrampoline with a bit of Madonna in my ears...yes I am a woman of the 80's!!
    I am making a fish pie with a Jamie Oliver recipe that has frozen mashed peas in the potato mash...diifferent eh?
    My weigh day is tomorrow...yikes!!!
  • mountain walker Do you have Wii Fit U? I bought it a couple days ago and it's a lot of fun but I'm horrible at the dancing. It's fun, but I'm not coordinated at all.

Oatmeal cooked with milk with a tbsp of chocolate chips for brunch today. Yummm.
  • Quote: Hey everybody!
    Today was a not so great day for me. I caved in on a craving and had a poutine as a snack. Poutine is definitely not snack sized or particularly healthy. I felt sick afterwards. I still do. I know I must have gotten at least 700 calories from that alone. But I did try to make up for it by playing some Wii Fit with my boyfriend in addition to my 30 minutes earlier that day that I did by myself.
    Ummm .. What is a Poutine???
  • START WEIGHT: 262.5
    GOAL WEIGHT: 240
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 22.3

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 262.5 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 258.8 (-3.7)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26:
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:

Definitely happy with this weeks result .. I know its usually good at the start of the journey (even when you are restarting) so Im not going to sit on my laurels .. it has been a hard week for me food wise with a lot more temptation and challenge to avoid giving in, which I haven't succeeded in every time either. TOM has FINALLY made an actual appearance after playing with me all week so the cravings are lessening fortunately.
  • Just wanted to say Hi...

Busy day today...didn't get in exercise but...oh well..some days just don't work out. Had to get ready for an annual board meeting for a board I am on...we meet tomorrow night. So I will miss working out at the gym again..will have to double up the rest of week.

I have made progress on my Excel Tracking sheet!!!

Great job Katt....
  • Nightkatt It's a Canadian thing. Fries with cheese curds smothered in gravy. Really good, but really bad for you.
    Also, good job!

Isles Good luck!
  • Just checking in...

START WEIGHT: 293
    GOAL WEIGHT: 258
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 35

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 290 (-3 lbs)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19:

A good start. Glad to have lost anything at all.
  • Quote: Nightkatt It's a Canadian thing. Fries with cheese curds smothered in gravy. Really good, but really bad for you.
    Also, good job!

Isles Good luck!

Ahhhh ... thought it sounded familiar lol .. my cousin ordered it for me when we were out for tea when I was over there .. and my dad makes a kiwi version of it lol .. definitely a Canadian thing lol
    ... definitely bad .. but ooooooooh so good
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)

I'm pleased with this weeks results. I incorporated exercise back in so I'm sure that helped.
  • Night.. I love your pictures of dinner and your ramblings! I would love to see your cook book when you get finished! (Tho some of the items we don't have here in the states.. but probably could exchange out!) and GOOD for you.. a big loss already!

Me.. Not a good week.. I had a meltdown and severe stress from flooding (rain)... But back on track starting last Friday and have lost almost all of the 6 lbs gained..

START WEIGHT: 243.6
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
  • START WEIGHT: 328 (Jan 6)
    GOAL WEIGHT: 299
    Total to lose:29 (make it a challenge but realistic)

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 328
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 328

I stayed the same this week. BOO!! However, I had a couple of not so good days and 3 big days of exercise and TOM paid a visit so I guess it could have been worse.
  • Well well well done on the losses so far,Nightkatt, Car and Kendra!!!