New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 30 of 33
Go to
  • Quote: Katt good job fessing up. I think we need to come up with a better name then carb fest. That sounds too forgiving. I want a phrase that will make me think long and hard before I give in and maybe stop me from giving in.
    CARB CATASTROPHE ...
    CARB KILLER ...
    CARB KICK BUTT COMING ...
    CARB TROUBLE ...

Okee .. your turn lol ...

Nice day today ... Interview went ok but not thinking that one will be positive result .. still .. have another interview in the morning and I do like the store so will cross fingers.

Foodwise was a little better too ..
    Breakfast - Lemon Muffin & a Trim Latte at Starbucks
    Lunch - ummm .. nope .. missed that one .. oh wait . had a banana
    Dinner - for me I cooked some chicken bacon (so low in cal and sooo yummy - I had 9 pieces of the bacon and it was 180 cal!), and had some carrots and beans .. and about 2Tbsp of mashed potato. For hunny and MIL I made them my version of devilled sausages, but without the devil lol ... so it was sausages with onion and a bisto type gravy using the liquid from the potatoes & veges ... and they had lots of the mashed potato
    Dessert - Yes I went and made dessert ... I made a coconut vanilla cake with a little bit of chocolate through it. The cake itself I made as low cal ... but then I was naughty and made a chocolate cream cheese frosting lol ... but I only had a little bit so it was a nice treat and I scraped off a bunch of the icing anyway

So how has everyone else been doing this week?
  • Quote: Yay you made it in to the 30's! Congrats on the great work your doing.
    Thank you so much! Unfortunately it is a struggle right now because I'm in the middle of PMS and then TOM will follow so every day is between 239 and 240.
  • wow... I have never seen this thread have a lull of days... usually its just hours! I hope everyone is doing AOK! and are having a HAPPY and PEACEFUL Day!

I am back down (alittle)... so this weeks weigh in (as long as I do not lose my mind today from something unknown) will be good and I will add to the total thread losses instead of subtracting from them!

HUGS to ALL!
  • Well .. happily I have removed about half of the addition of last week

START WEIGHT: 262.5
    GOAL WEIGHT: 240
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 22.3
    ACHIEVED: 16.7 (5.6 rem)

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 262.5 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 258.8 (-3.7) (3.7)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 256.4 (-2.4) (6.1)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 252.4 (-4.0) (10.1)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 251.3 (-1.1) (11.2)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 248.0 (-3.3) (14.5)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 249.1 (+1.1) (13.4) (TOM)
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 249.1 (0) (13.4)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 245.4 (-3.7) (17.1)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 244.7 (-0.7) (17.8)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 246 (+1.3) (16.5)
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 243.8 (-2.2) (18.7)
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 247.5 (+3.7) (15) (CARB FEST )
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 245.8 (-1.7) (16.7)
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:

Sorry been out most of the weekend .. on Saturday we had a lovely day trip over to see my dad (haven't seen him since our wedding in December) ... beautiful weather views of the beach .. lovely food and company ... really nice .. hopefully won't be so long before another visit Yesterday was me just being offline with my hunny ... we did watch a little tv, but I wasn't feeling the best .. tummy is a bit funny today .. but I think its cos I have been so off plan for the last few weeks and the carb reaction after so long without .. seem to be very sensitive to everything .. so off to get some more fresh vegetables today so I can get back to my routine of dinner with vegetables rather than quick fix meals.

Since I started the carb attack I have also noticed my sugar craving has sky rocketed and I have been seeking out forms of chocolate when I can ... so back to square one for that .. and also drinking more coffee ... so it is feeling a little like I was back in August last year .. only the difference is at least this time I am more aware and halt myself sooner rather than later lol

Hope everyone else is doing well
  • Starting weight: 310

Goal weight: 175

Week 01 - JAN 08 - JAN 14: 309.8
    Week 02 - JAN 15 - JAN 21: 302.4
    Week 03 - JAN 22 - JAN 28: 297.6
    Week 04 - JAN 29 - FEB 04: 295.0
    Week 05 - FEB 05 - FEB 12: 292.0
    Week 06 - FEB 13 - FEB 19: 288.2
    Week 07 - FEB 20 - FEB 25: 288.0
    Week 08 - FEB 26 - MAR 05: 277.2 (one day late to be on official WI day)
    Week 09 - MAR 06 - MAR 11:277.0
    Week 10 - MAR 12 - MAR 18: 275.0
    Week 11 - MAR 19 - MAR 26: 270.0 Feeling great!
    Week 12 - MAR 26 - APR 01: 268.0

Week 13 - APR 02 - APR 08:
    Week 14 - APR 09 - APR 15:
    Week 15 - APR 16 - APR 22:
    Week 16 - APR 23 - APR 29:
  • NightKatt... I am so sorry about your tummy... Is it the gallbladder again or just a touch of flu?? I hope you feel better and spending time with your Dad sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Me... waiting for Woosh week.. should be THIS week! I am being patient (NOT!) LOL

START WEIGHT: 243.6
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 238 (-5.6 total)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 236.6 (-1.4 and total -7.0)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 234.8 (-1.8 and total -8.8 )
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 238.0 (+3.2 and total -5.6)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 233.0 (-5.0 and total - 10.6 )
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 237.2 (+4.2 and total - 6.4 boo)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 232.6 (-4.6 and total - 11.0 Yay!)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:234.8 (+2.2 and total -8.8 YIKES!)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 229.8 (-5.0 and total -13.8 )
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 229.6 (-.2 and total -14.0) woo .2 loss in a week!
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 231.4 (+1.8 and total - 12.2)
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 228.8 (-2.6 and total - 14.8) okay.. going DOWN!
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
  • Katt please take me off the list. I don't want to drag the numbers down and it is depressing me too much. I'm just not in the right place right now. Not quitting just not liking the fact that I am dragging the numbers down. This is a great thread Katt! Thank you!
    Good job everyone and keep up the good work.
  • START WEIGHT:323.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 295
    TOTAL TO LOSE:28.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 323.4
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 319.00
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 317.
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 319.4
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 310
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 314
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 312.8
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 308.8
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 304
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 306
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 306
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 306
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 305
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 298
  • Quote: Katt please take me off the list. I don't want to drag the numbers down and it is depressing me too much. I'm just not in the right place right now. Not quitting just not liking the fact that I am dragging the numbers down. This is a great thread Katt! Thank you!
    Good job everyone and keep up the good work.
    Aww hun ... you have been doing fine ... Im hoping that the thread, if nothing else, helps each of us to learn that the journey isnt really about the numbers ... more the journey to how we feel about ourselves. So dont worry about the numbers, but if it will make you happy I will remove your numbers .. but I hope that doesnt mean you wont keep posting and joining in the journey with us

I will admit this challenge has been a bit more of a challenge for me .. I think after the last one I was feeling a little too good about the loss and so thought I had it all on track ... well .. nope lol ... hence the roller coaster of the last few weeks for me ... even today I went to buy some fruit .. and instead bought 2 Time Out Bars (I dont know if you have them over there ... but they are a cadbury bar .. sorta like a Kit Kat) and binged on those

I had a second interview today with one of the ones from last week .. and the vibes are good .. so crossing fingers that I get it .. Im sure that is why its been such a struggle this time as I really dont have a lot of things to occupy me so of course the wrong thoughts are going through my head ... but will just have to wait and see ... and try to forget that I was an idiot buying a bag of mini chocolate bars which is now residing in the cupboard in the kitchen ... determined to get back on track tomorrow ... up for cereal and fruit for lunch ... and home made burritos for dinner (had that tonight) ... definitely need to find more distractions

Hugs UBEE ... love having you on the boards and just know that I am very proud of you sticking to the journey regardless of what your numbers are
  • Ubee... oh I have wanted to quit so many times (after a death, bully at work etc) Sometimes we just go back to the foods that we used to help us thru icky things for the comfort. I too learn that every day (last night I ate chocolates too (LOL Nightkatt) as I had a stressful comfrontation with the "bully" at work again).. We are all in the learning part of this journey and I LIKE READING YOUR POSTS... I really do! You are such a great encourager that I know I would not still be here if you weren't helping. Please at least post... maybe the little voice inside the head will give you a break and let you back on your journey.. but in the meantime, your friends here would be missing something terrible if you are not here!

NightKatt.. Oh I hope that interview goes well. Is it a job you will like to work at?

SILENTARTIC WOW!!! and you are in TWODERLAND! Hooray!!! Great job!

I have a meeting with the Bully today... sigh... I hope I still have a job... and I do not have any more chocolates left in the house.. so have to think of another way to vent the pent up anxiety!
  • Wana and Katt thanks so much for your kind words. I am not going any where. It is a long journey and I need all the help I can get! Besides you girls are too much fun! It must have been chocolate night last night cause I am in the guilty boat with you two.
    Katt good luck with your job hunt. You would sure be a hoot to work with!
    Wana good luck with the bully and remember not to take it personally they are the one with the issue. I'm thinking you would be a fun work pal too.
    Silent awesome job! I know you are struggling right now in life but just think of how happy you will be when life turns around and you will have lost weight during a difficult time. I'm so proud of you for posting.
    As for me, this time is different. I am supposed to lose my weight and keep it off. It feels like it is part of my destiny. I just have to keep at it until an answer shows itself. The good news is spring is finally here after our nastiest winter on record. This chick is walking!
    Question of the day: Do you think if we have a really great weightloss honeymoon and then stall we have more trouble getting back in the game?
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245 MET!!!!
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 270.8 (-.4) TOM
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 268.2 (-2.6)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 262.8 (-5.4)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 257.4 (-5.4)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 257.8 (+.4) TOM
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 254.2 (-3.6)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 249.2 (-5)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 247 (-2.2)
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23: 245 (-2) TOM
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30: 241.8 (-3.2)
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06: 239.2 (2-6)
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13: 239.8 (+.6) TOM

• WANNA - How did the bully go? Hate bullies ... mind you .. I was accused of being one in my last job .. I spoke my mind unfortunately and that was regarded by this girl as being a bully so she complained .. we had a meeting and I walked on eggshells round her til she finally left .. not good when I was a manager and she was a 2IC who had wanted my job so undermined me the whole time ... so I don't know if I am a bully or not lol. I hope you were able to find a chocolate alternative though if it was needed?

UBEE - YES ... to your question lol. I look at my numbers in this challenge and I wonder why its not working this time or why I can't seem to focus and stick to plan or get through the cravings without giving in .. whereas the Xmas challenge I wondered why it seemed so easy lol ... so not sure if its because I don't have a wedding to focus on or I just slipped over the holidays and enjoyed the freedom .. or an effect from what my body is doing to me at the moment. But I am realising that these weightloss holidays are going to have to be something I need to think of as maintenance holidays instead .. I don't want to go up by much if anything on these breaks ... but I do need to learn to be a little less restrained so I don't end up binging.

SWEET - Great job again .. you are on a role for sure

SILENT - WELCOME TO TWOTOWN!! Great job .. how you feeling?

So yesterday I did some baking ... banana cake and chocolate brownies .. didn't get a chance to have a taste of either because last night saw my worst attack in a few years. I made home made burritos, but I didn't really drain the mince well enough to remove the fatty oils before I added the flavouring .. I only had 2 small ones (not much meat mainly the vege) but even as I was finishing my second one I could feel something happening but I thought it was going to be ok. Had one of my pills hoping it would kick in before the pain started .. but no such luck Most of the time my attacks last no longer than about 30 minutes of acute pain ... this one didn't Not only did hunny have to keep wetting a towel with cold water to try to bring my temp down from the spike it had hit ... then I blacked out a couple of times ... apparently I stopped breathing in one of the blackouts .. scared the heck out of my hunny ... 5 hours later I was finally able to relax enough to doze off ... to say it was not an experience I want to repeat would be an understatement So in for blood tests today and booked in for next week to have the Ultrasound ...

Today was a very minimal eating day .. had a little bowl of Special K with yoghurt, lunch was an apple and a few grapes, dinner was 2 carrots, 1/3 broccoli, 1 courgette and a baby potato. I also got to try a little piece of the cake and brownie with my cup of green tea. Feeling good so will be heading for bed soon to have a good sleep

Doctor has again told me to maintain or go up a little in weight .. he doesn't want any more losses for the next couple of weeks ... I don't think he will be happy with me if I do lose any more .. but considering I am right off eating it will be hard to do it ... might need to get some more rice lol.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
  • Katt so sorry to hear of your troubles. Keep us updated and I'll be praying for you.
  • Hi all . just a quick check in .. I am getting myself set up to be one of the Biggest Loser co-leaders .. .its starting on the 28th n sign ups close on the 25th so if you want to join in that one too then check it out .. otherwise if you want something a little less stressed I will be starting up another challenge when this one finishes so its not about the number more about the journey (that doesn't mean we don't celebrate the changes too lol)

Good news for me .. Got offered the job I went back for on Monday So I start on Tuesday after I have been to the hospital for my ultrasound . I think it will be really good for me .. keeping me busy as I am really starting to get a bit depressed being at home so much .. so really excited .. even better its a clothing store and they offer a great staff discount so my wardrobe will be getting a nice boost to replace a pile of the clothes I got rid of with the weight loss lol.

So for me the week started shaky health-wise and ended really good .. got a book fair to go to in the morning so I will celebrate with a few second hand books to add to my collection