New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 24 of 33
Go to
  • Hi all Time for a catch up .....

ERIN - Look at you lady!! WTG Keep up the great work.. how have you been?

LARRY - Another nice loss for you this week .. great job!

UBEE - No getting emotional hun lol .. not the right effect I think we are trying to achieve Big hugs .. love seeing you on the board

SUNNY - You are doing great .. almost at the halfway point .. I remember when I reached that for my Christmas challenge ... feels fantastic Keep up the fab work Also in regard to your other question ... as a person who sets the challenges I do feel very responsible to keep on track lol .. doesn't mean I don't get sidelined but I do feel terrible about it .. and I do like it when someone notices my loss after they haven't seen me for a while, mainly because with my hunny here every day he doesn't really notice it until he looks at the start photos lol. I don't think anyone else puts pressure on us .. I think we do it to ourselves ... Im sure if I asked everyone on here if they aren't happy with me when I don't lose or go up as I am the one running the challenges, everyone would tell me off for thinking that .. its those little gremlins which cause a lot more damage than we give them credit for .. enjoy the comments .. and if they aren't what you expected then just suck it up and think better about yourself than they obviously do Hugs.

SWEET - WOW!! Hot dawg ... great loss this week You must be feeling over the moon?

I spent the day off line yesterday .. decided to get in some reading and cross stitch and I find that when I get online I tend to get carried away and then its too late for me to do anything else lol ..
    Started off the day well .. had breakfast with my hunny (special k cereal & yoghurt .. hunny had porridge lol) ... then had a bit of a clean up in his room and finally emptied the washing baskets of the clean clothes I had folded up in there for him to put away lol ... that didn't work so I gave in cos I needed the baskets back lol .. also got another basket of washing to do ... relaxed in the sun now that its back out again (had a bad storm the last couple of days) and read a little .. then I cleaned up the kitchen and then onto the treadmill ... 1.61 miles in 30 min .. happily now on track to do the 3.1 miles in less than an hour for the Colour Run on the 30th
    Dinner already made last night .. made a lovely mince to go with some brown rice so just going to heat it up and serve it up ... less than 430 cal per serve so looking forward to it
    Catch up more later .. the results are looking fab!
  • Whoa! Where is our Chatty Katty?
    I have not weighed myself since Monday. Used to doing it daily. Starting to get a little nervous. Hopefully that will help me to behave this weekend.
    How is everyone doing?
  • Hi everyone!! Sorry .. Im not awol lol .. right here sucking on a piece of chocolate ... believe me .. I am not going over my calories .. in fact Im about 700 away from my daily target lol .. its been one of those days lol ..

Got up nice and early today .. had a lovely big bowl of Special K with yoghurt to get me ready for the day. Hunny had to rub some more cream on my back (really think if it doesnt come right soon Im going to have to go and see a doc or something .. but I hate doing that).... so that I could get moving a little better .. made him a ham & cheese omelet for his breakfast .. and then we were off .. where? We had a wedding to shoot today so its been a very long day ... didnt really eat anything at the wedding except for about 50g of snow freeze ice cream, a mouthful of wine (not the best either ) .. and then about 30g each of roasted pork & beef .. and a little bit of roasted vege salad and (naught part) a bread roll ... BUT .. I had avoided the popcorn machine, candyfloss machine, lollie counter etc etc etc .. so I think it was a plus day lol .. but I came home and when I put all my food into my calorie counter I found that it was less than 800 calories .. so decided I would have a treat after all and have some chocolate with my hunny lol.

Tomorrow Im back on the treadmill .. got some lovely fresh corn on the cob for dinner tomorrow night so looking forward to that .. have to hide the butter from my hunny cos he tends to absolutely slather it all over the corn .. drives me nuts!

Very tired now tho so will check in again tomorrow some time and catch up some more
  • Katt hope your back can heal on its own.
    When we were kids we used to go to corn roasts. They would roast the corn over a fire. We would pull back the husk and dip it in a big coffee can filled with melted butter and sprinkle with salt. So good.
    I'm feeling back in the swing of things finally. Wearing a pair of jeans I could not fit into a few weeks ago so I'm hoping the scale will go down on Monday.
    Have a sunny day!
  • Great losses this week everyone!

Popping in quickly with my loss for the week- I haven't been as great with my food or exercise as I could have, but I'm still pleased with the outcome. Just got back from swimming (love it!) and if all goes well I'll be zumba-ing this afternoon too!

START WEIGHT: 278
    GOAL WEIGHT: 250
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 28

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 272.4 (-5.6)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 271 (-1.4; -7 total)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 269.8 (-1.2, -8.2 total)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 268.6 (-1.2, -9.4 total) TOM
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 266 (-2.6, -12 total)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 265.4 (-0.6, -12.6 total)
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 262.4 (-3, -15.6 total)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 259.8 (-2.6, -18.2 total)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
  • Great loss Ferris!
    So happy to hear swimming is going well. It is so refreshing. How was Zumba?
    I am happy to report I have been doing well on the treadmill and it is improving my mood!
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 270.8 (-.4) TOM
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 268.2 (-2.6)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 262.8 (-5.4)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 257.4 (-5.4)
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 257.8 (+.4) TOM
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 254.2 (-3.6)
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 249.2 (-5)
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 247 (-2.2)

So close I can taste it!!!
  • Keep up the good work watchout!
    As for me still at 254 going to slack and not do the whole date/list thing because it is too depressing.
    Katt hope you are OK!
  • START WEIGHT:323.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 295
    TOTAL TO LOSE:28.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 323.4
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 319.00
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 317.
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 319.4
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 310
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 314
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 312.8
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 308.8
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 304
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 306

I didn't remember to weigh this AM so putting what I saw on the scale yesterday am. Up 2lbs might be up more than that, had an indulgent weekend but i'll go with yesterdays number. I probably won't weigh in the next 2 weigh ins going to be travelling and won't have my home scale or necessarily internet access , to be honest. I dunno , 14 lbs a vacation and then just under a month to the end of our challenge? Yikers... I kinda feel like I'm lucky to maintain on a vacation let alone try and lose. :-|

Sorry not sure where my positivity flew off to hopefully I'll get it back after I have some rest!
  • START WEIGHT: 192
    GOAL WEIGHT: 175 (for this challenge)
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 17

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 192
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 191
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 191
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 190
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 191
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 191
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 191
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 192
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 194

Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:

Oh yes, I'm going up Really no surprise though, still need a strong Day One. I think its just stress and I feel confident stronger days are in my future. Sorry to be gone so long, miss you all, esp. Ube and Katt. I'll just keep plugging along like the rest of you, just not as successfully . . . for now. Catch you all later.
  • Silent you've lost so much already! That 2 pounds will be gone in no time.
    Dora I appreciate your support BUT you do not have to join me in the 2+ club to prove it! How have you been?
    This healthy eating is getting old at times. Some days I just want to go back into my zombie eating mode. Gotta stay here and stay strong!
  • I hope my magic scale is not broken?

START WEIGHT: 278
    GOAL WEIGHT: 258

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 274
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 274
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 274
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 271
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 269
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 265
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 265
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09: 261
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16: 261
  • Alrighty ... well .. as expected .. that bread hit and stuck .. I really do know by now its going to happen .. not so much of a problem when I have it at the beginning of the week .. but doing it so close to weigh in ... never a good thing lol ... my scales tend to go up up for about 3 days accommodating that darn bread .. so it will probably effect next week as well .. but that is ok ... and UBEE this is why ..

IM HAVING A "DIET" HOLIDAY THIS WEEK! Yep ... I have been consistently sticking to plan since August last year .. having the occasional day off admittedly but then retaliating by pushing myself more to make up for it ... and yep . its getting hard to stay consistently on focus .. so Im taking a break this week .. Im not going to purposely binge or go right off the rails .. but I think I need to give my body a reprieve from expectation so that I can refocus and get enthusiastic about it .. if that means I am finally going to go up a few pounds .. then so be it .. won't be over the moon about it lol .. but I think I need to take my food focus off for a week and just be.

I am noticing that there are a lot of comments about how hard it seems to be at the moment .. and maybe you have reached this point too? I know its usually a case of "be strong and carry on" .. and yes .. I would think that usually too .. but if its an ongoing weekly battle then I think you need to stop .. chill for a few days or a week .. think about a new plan and then start up all over again.

Its been a struggle to keep up my food diary the last couple of weeks .. so Im not going to do that the rest of this week and will start again next week

UBEE - I had to read about the corn in the coffee can a couple of times before I realised that it wasn't full of coffee lol .. I was thinking "wow .. that is an interesting taste combination" lol .. obviously that blonde dye affected more than the hair root lol (not meaning any offence to blondes .. believe me I do know you are very intelligent ) ... Still haven't had the corn .. in fact we are having it tonight I think .. And my body is feeling a lot better today ... the muscles in my left leg and butt have finally loosened up so I can move a lot better today .. still a little tender so will leave it one more day before Im back on the treadmill .. and back only has a slight twinge Way cool about the jeans too!! The scales may not be doing what you want but your body IS changing .. so just keep that in mind .. my sister says to throw away my scales because that is not a real measure of the journey .. and I think at times like this she makes sense lol.

FERRIS - Well done on your loss this week hun . and so proud of you for the swimming .. I haven't reached that point yet .. but its there in my mind

WATCH - wahoo .. Im sure that goal will be hit for you next week .. look at you just flying to goal .. well done

SILENT - I think you are doing great .. and maybe these 2 weeks while you are away will be enough of a break to get you all psyched up for the last month Hopefully you will be able to stop in occasionally to let us know you are ok and enjoying your trip lol . but understandable if not and have made a note of no weigh in for the next 2 weeks on the sheet Have fun and keep safe

DORA - You have a lot more strength in you that you think at the moment, its there, but maybe it just needs a little more time for you to grab hold of it Lovely to see you back on the boards and big hugs .. remember stress is just a tool .. you choose how you use it

LARRY - Im sure your scales is just taking a breather from all the losses lol .. you will be moving again next week

So Im just leaving it for a couple more days before I put the results for the last 2 months up .. can't believe so much time has gone so fast!! Is it just me or is this year flying by??

Spent yesterday baking .. and unfortunately I had a taste of one of my goodies and liked it lol .. so I might be having a nibble again later for supper .. but I made banana cupcakes and a chocolate cake .. fortunately its the banana one that I like as that is the lowest calorie of the two lol ... other than that today has been pretty much a chill day again .. Im getting tired of the chill days and running out of things to do around the house .. really want to get back to work so have sent out apps for a few jobs and will just hope for the best Back to getting some more of my cross stitching done Have a great day all !
  • Larry your magic scale is not broken. Look at your numbers over the weeks. Your body has a pattern of holding then dropping. I still think of your before picture so often. It is so shocking if you don't mind me using that word.
    Katt very happy to see your cheery face! Glad you are feeling better. You know I really do feel lost. I did so well the first 8 months and then wham! I know you are right. I need to chill and feel good in my skin. Enjoy my diet and all the good foods I can have and realize that I don't need to have them all this week. I still need portion control, and to keep on exercising. Thanks.
  • Katt - I wish that were true. But unfortunately I just got hit with TOM so there is no way it'll be next week. lolol TOM has the habit of coming at the worst time!! Also, I've been meaning to say I've seen some of your pictures and you're doing great!!!