Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #301  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
: cheers: KATT!
Well now don't let any grass grow under your feet. What are your new goals?
Well originally it was going to be about the 220 pounds ... but I might go a little further to the 210 .. or maybe 200 .. its going to depend on how Im feeling and what Im looking like. I will also have to take into account the weight of the loose skin because that will bring me down more when I get it cut off lol .. but that isn't for a while yet as I want to maintain for at least 6 months with the same few pounds when I reach where Im happy before I even think about the expense of completing the transformation.

In the interim ... I think I might try for an extra 5 pounds for my birthday as that is about 8 weeks away .. so instead of the 9 it would be 14 .. but will only adjust it if I get to it lol .. otherwise that last 20 or so pounds will be done in the next challenge .. then it will be a case of starting the maintenance while I keep cheering you lot on (if you want me to lol).

Back at Starbucks .... sore feet in new shoes which are a little big .. got my headache starting again .. but might have got myself a job one day a week in the city .. of all places .. its a chocolate shop!!! rofl .. talk about pushing the limits of temptation .. but then I figure .. if its anything like when I worked at KFC .. it will definitely put me off eating it rofl. Just have to hang around here for my hunny for a couple of hours .. so will get cross stitching again as I don't get a lot of air time for the net here .. and then I think its pita pit for dinner .... healthy and filling .. and my fave food lol.

Will catch up properly later ..

LARRY - Love to garden .. only I have a black thumb and tend to kill everything but weeds .. which quite frankly I am starting to enjoy the look of . after all .. a weed is but an unloved flower Yes I have even killed Cacti rofl ... so much for a Taurus being good with plants etc But I appreciate them so I figure that counts Piccys of your garden would be nice when you get it all ready
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkatt View Post
LARRY - Love to garden .. only I have a black thumb and tend to kill everything but weeds .. which quite frankly I am starting to enjoy the look of . after all .. a weed is but an unloved flower Yes I have even killed Cacti rofl ... so much for a Taurus being good with plants etc But I appreciate them so I figure that counts Piccys of your garden would be nice when you get it all ready
Nightkatt You have been doing it all wrong. Plant weeds, then the flowers will kill them off.

The Cacti death is a good clue. More plants are killed by too much water than by too little water

Last edited by Larry H; 02-24-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #303  
Trying again

hehehe .. I had even been given one of those plants that you don't do ANYTHING to ... its one of those ones that is on a little magnet and it lives on air basically ... yeah .. that one died too .. sigh .. I have managed to find some fantastically life like fake ones for the house hehehehe .. I do love plants and flowers ... but definitely have to leave them to someone else's green fingers
Old 02-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Larry my parents had a huge garden but I thought of it as a chore. I have a small garden now but hate to weed. Everything grows in my garden. I sure do love to pick the harvest. My daughter and I go out and pick something, rinse it off with the hose and eat it right there. I always say we are like mama bear and her cub, foraging for our dinner. Since we started this diet I notice we have a tendency to eat with our fingers it just feels so natural.
Katt what does it feel like to be so close to your goal?
You know you may not be good with plants but you are perfect with people trying to lose weight. I know I would not be this motivated if it were not for you and this thread. It is my fear that you will stop before I get to goal and I will be a lost soul. I love the support in the chat thread. They help keep me committed. You and your thread help keep me motivated. Thank you!
A job at a chocolate store! My old dream come true and my present day nightmare! Good luck Katt if anyone can do this it is you!
Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #305  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

START WEIGHT: 192
GOAL WEIGHT: 175 (for this challenge)
TOTAL TO LOSE: 17

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 192
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 191
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 191
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 190
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 191
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 191
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 191

Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:

Well, late again, more chocolate, no change, ugh! But like Ubee said, the universe has a trimmer me in it's future, I just have to cooperate. Maybe I'm afraid of it like so many writers have said, Idk, but I won't give up.

You're right Katt, guilt should not be allowed to ride along with me, my problem is though, that I eat badly until I feel sick. Idk what my problem is, it's like i have to eat ALL there is, then I can go back to being "good". Psyche's are strange things, no?

Larry, I LOVE to garden. Don't know if you looked at my page but there's pics of my past garden and will be more this year as I have expanded it quite a bit, it now includes a full 1/10th acre - whoopee!!!

Sorry to let you down Ubee, and YOU! You've done GREAT!!!! 5 lbs, I'm so proud of you, I'm just waiting for you . . . yeah, that's it, rofl. Really, good job. And Watch and Silent you guys rock!!! But you probably already knew that, lol

As for me, it's Day One . . . again. See you on the flip side.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #306  

Dora I've missed you! I'm so happy to see you. You did not let me down! Letting me down would have been quitting. If anyone understands chocolate and eating until you are stuffed it is me! I don't know if you are afraid. You have been through so much in life. You are brave and not afraid of this. After all you've been through this is a chocolate cake walk. Maybe you just need time to work through all the mental stuff. Be good to yourself. As you know this is a journey. One day at a time. So on to Day 1! Maybe you need to make something creative for your weightloss like you made a garden for your grief and love.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #307  
Trying again

Hello peeps Well its midnight here .. and really .. 3 Grande Trim Coffees in a day is really not a good thing for me ... especially as I don't drink much coffee usually lol ..

I have just started another cross stitch after finishing the stitching on the 5th one ... still beading the 3rd one but its only because I can only do the beading at home as they little 1mm beads are too hard to do when Im out and about lol .. Once I have a few of them completed I will post some pics .. in reality I should be working on the BIG one .. its for my sisters birthday and that is in May .. will probably take me that long to get it done lol.

Had a nice day in the city .. dropped my CV off ok .. and then met hunny after he finished work .. he was supposed to have Pita Pit with me .. but he wanted Chinese instead lol .. so I went for the Pit and he went to the Chinese .. I definitely preferred mine .. and then we came home and I ruined it all by eating 2 of my marshmallow/coconut cupcakes and 2 chic chip cookies .. sigh .. bad Katt lol .. will be happy to not have the cookies again ... Im definitely a cake girl I think

DORA - I have been to that point myself .. and only in the last 6 months have I really stopped to learn why ... or at least to start noting the triggers and my instinctive reaction .. rather than the thoughtful one. It really is something that you will work out .. eventually .. and when you are ready to remove the crutch that this action gives you. I know it seems weird to think of it as a crutch .. but that is what I think it is. Its the instinctive reaction to something that is unsettling your subconscious .. so you go and binge on chocolate .. ok .. but then it sets the snowball rolling .. because then the guilt happens which just triggers the next instinctive reaction ... its a comfort .. a quick fix and during the action you feel more in control .. even calmed .. then JUST before you finish .. the realisation of what you have done .. and then the "may as well get hung for a sheep as for a lamb" reaction starts up .. sooooooo you finish the bar, block, packet, bag .. whatever ... sound familiar??? I think for those of us that have been battling weight for a long time its just that .. a battle .. but sometimes I don't think our minds know which side we are supposed to be on lol. The binging feels like the right side because we are allowing out body to have what it is apparently telling us we need to feel better .. so of course we want to feel better .. so that must be the right side .. only afterwards do we realise that really that is the enemy .. listen to our bodies to a point of course .. but it always needs to be questioned ... maybe if you have a food diary and note what you were doing just before you had that urge .. what you ate .. how you felt while you were eating it .. and then how you felt after .. it might take a few days or weeks or even months of writing it .. but then take a moment or two to review your writing and try to see a pattern. For me it was boredom .. it was definitely like smoking .. my hands weren't busy .. my mind was wandering and remembering how good those things I would binge on were ... or I was upset or hurt. I have found that if you can find a creative outlet that will involve thinking and doing something it helps .. and I don't mean something physical (dancing, walking, gardening etc) .. something that can be done rain or shine, in bed or out, watching tv whatever and wherever you find your trigger getting played with. For me .. its Cross Stitch .. it was my crutch when I was quittin smoking .. and so I am using it again .. if Im hungry for a binge of something I will start stitching .. then at the end of the row or thread I would bargain with myself a few times .. if I still had the urge after about 15 - 20 min .. then I would be allowed a little bit, I would take it and leave the rest in another room .. go back to my stitching and if its happens again its the same bargaining .. but this time it had to be at least 30 min .. that usually worked. Hopefully something in this babble will help you

UBEE - Hun never fear me going anywhere lol .. I have already been a member for 8 years and even when I do reach my goal I have a lot of work to do and you all keep me on track and focused too .. the hard part of the journey isn't really losing the weight .. its keeping it gone and not falling back into bad habits when the pressure of the weight loss is reduced/removed. And what does it feel like to be so close to my goal?? I don't know lol .. I haven't really thought about the actual reaching of the goal .. just know I still have work to do to get there. Because I haven't been the weight I am aiming for for at least 23 years, I have no memory of what it was like .. my body shape has changed, Im also a little taller (was 5'6" now Im 5'9.5") and I am still discovering who I am .. even reaching the goal in weight I still have a way to go .. so yeah .. I will keep challenges going .. the only difference is that my part may be maintain while I keep encouraging everyone else to reach their goals ... I do know a lot of the members that were here when I first signed up have reached their goals and either gone or become very quiet lol .. but I like being here too much to leave it for good

I have a couple of potential jobs I have put my name forward to .. one is the chocolate shop one day a week and on call otherwise .. another at Smiggle (I don't know if you have that over there .. but its a stationary store - you can look it up online) .. another is Equip (a .... um .. costume jewellery store . again online to find info lol) .. mostly casual/on call .. but anything to get me out of the house a few days a week will be good lol .. also going to be helping a friend out with her store (natural hand made skin care) when she needs me .. and building her a new website ... I do like to keep busy

Getting the lino in the floor done on Thursday (yay!) .. the porch is finally getting cleared of the crap that is waiting for the trailer to take away tomorrow (yay again!) .. and then we will have to work out where we are going to put everything from the kitchen and laundry to empty it for the floors to get done in there too possibly week after next .. have a grand opening for a friends new store on Saturday (Healing Crystals .. need to help her with her new web site too) .. and then she will be trashing her wedding dress for a photo shoot on Sunday .. I thought I would be free next weekend but I think we have a wedding on lol .. Im losing track of days again ... better get to bed .. have a busy cleaning day tomorrow

Hugs all .. will catch up later with you all ..
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #308  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

WOW look at you NightKatt! in the 240's WOW! What a journey and trip you have been on since last summer! Look at how far you have come!

I had a another Whammy happen to me and my resolve gave in to the carbs and the Down feeling (also hormones have all of a sudden gone wacky... I am getting Flashes again after 7 years! GEEEZ)

START WEIGHT: 243.6
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 238 (-5.6 total)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 236.6 (-1.4 and total -7.0)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 234.8 (-1.8 and total -8.8 )
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 238.0 (+3.2 and total -5.6)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 233.0 (-5.0 and total - 10.6 )
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 237.2 (+4.2 and total - 6.4 boo)
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Larry my parents had a huge garden but I thought of it as a chore. I have a small garden now but hate to weed. Everything grows in my garden. I sure do love to pick the harvest. My daughter and I go out and pick something, rinse it off with the hose and eat it right there. I always say we are like mama bear and her cub, foraging for our dinner. Since we started this diet I notice we have a tendency to eat with our fingers it just feels so natural.
Nothing beats picking a fresh vegetable from a garden and eating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Larry, I LOVE to garden. Don't know if you looked at my page but there's pics of my past garden and will be more this year as I have expanded it quite a bit, it now includes a full 1/10th acre - whoopee!!!
WOW!! Impressive garden you have developed. I was surprised to find that you living in Oregon and me living in Central Florida were in the same zone 9 planting zone. I would never have thought that. Do you use Square Foot Gardening? The soil in this part of Florida is almost pure sand and amendments disappear as fast as you add them. As a result I started container gardening, made my own self watering containers and filled them with high quality potting mix.

I want a larger garden and this year I am building a No irrigation raised bed garden (Hugelkultur) http://www.instructables.com/id/No-i...elku/?ALLSTEPS This is a system where you build a compost pile from whole trees and grow on top of that.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #310  

Smile

START WEIGHT: 405
GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 355
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400 (-5) total 5 pounds
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 398 (-2) total 7 pounds
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 398 (0) total 7 pounds
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 393 (-5) total: 12 pounds
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 391 (-2) total: 14 pounds
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 390 (-1) total: 15 pounds
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02: 385 (-5) total: 20 pounds!!!
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27

I can't believe it!
sunnydispo is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 02-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #311  

Sunny wow 20 pounds down! Way to go!
Larry thanks for pointing out you and Dora are in the same zone. That is interesting. I am in zone 5. Bummer.
Wana say it ain't so about the hormones. Isn't there a law about that somewhere?
Katt I had to read what you said to Dora 3 times and I think I might have a clue now... You must have a lot of little shops where you live? Good luck with the flooring, and all your projects/work/volunteering you have going on!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #312  
Trying again

SUNNY - OMG .. wahooo .. look at you .. 20 gone gone gone... so pleased for you .. well done! I hope you are Happy Dancing round your place

WANNA - Im wondering what trigger the urge?? Is it similar every time?? Maybe you can learn to bribe yourself I know that sounds weird . but its like I was saying to Dora about the chocolate and allowing yourself those moments. The longer you can delay the giving in the better the chance you have of working out why you want it .. rather than doing it without thinking. Last night I gave in to the Jelly Bellys that were sitting in the cupboard .. 100g of the darn things and 1500kj just at bedtime ... yep .. not good .. but I gotta admit I enjoyed every last one of them lol. So it wasn't a great week for you and the carbs won this round .. but its been acknowledged, accept it and move on. If carbs are your weakness .. maybe you can look into "safe" carbs. Have them ready for you to indulge in with the knowledge they are measure, the damage will be limited and you can satisfy the edge off the craving. Keep talking hun .. and we will back you up for sure

UBEE - I just had to go back and read what I wrote too lol .. it was a little muddled from what my head was thinking and my fingers were typing .. but hopefully it makes sense lol ... I thought I would bullet point it below to explain how I have dealt with those urges and hope that will help others Where I am is a suburb in the Capital of NZ Wellington. Each of the bigger suburbs (which I am in one) usually has a mall with lots of shops in .. most of those are chains of stores that are found all over the city and country ... but there are the odd stores that pop in that are smaller and one offs .. I like helping in those because its more a personal thing than a red-tape place which just drives me nuts lol. I do like to keep busy .. Im a bit of an extremist I suppose .. when I am working I am a workaholic .. 40 hours is a short week .. Im usually 60-70 hours by the time I add in all the work I bring home and the early starts and late finishes lol .. but when Im not working I am not doing anything .. even housework is not something I will get enthused about lol .. but this never lasts for longer than a couple of weeks before I start going crazy and get bored bored bored lol.

Sooooo .. CRAVINGS, URGES, BINGES .. whatever you want to call them .. we ALL face them daily. Intersetingly Alcoholism and Smoking are acknowledged as addictions .. but when you say to someone you are addicted to chocolate or salt or cookies or pasta ... people look at me and say no its not a real addiction .. you just choose to indulge .. sigh .. really?? Obviously they have no vices lol.

What do I crave .. and what do I give in to? It depends on my day .. boredom the craving is all sweet .. upset or hurt the craving is salt and savoury (comfort foods). The sweet is all about the sugar rush .. the surge of adrenalin and the high it gives me ... whats not to like about that? The savoury is about curling up on the couch or bed with a big plate of something like mac n cheese and indulging in a pity party in my PJs lol. Have I still done this over the last 6 months? Yes and no .. yes to the chocolate .. no to the pity party lol .. that doesn't mean I havent been upset or hurt .. definitely not the case .. but for that part of my life I have given myself an out to get through it without doing more damage to myself because of someone else's actions.

COPING
I have been hurt a few times over the last 6 months .. I don't talk about it to anyone ... or even cry in front of anyone .. even the man I love most ... and its not like he would have a problem with it .. but it was just the way I was bought up ... even in front of family keep smiling, no point bringing others down... this was drilled in at an early age ... so the warmth and comfort I would feel digging into something like mac n cheese held the tears at bay and it became an automatic go to when I needed to get through it. NOW .. I have discovered I need to get angry not hurt .. remind myself that sabotaging my health doesn't do anything to them .. but it just hurts me more .. the best part about not doing housework on a daily basis is that I then have a physical outlet to release that anger and hurt .. the house gets a good clean, I feel calmer and I also feel like I have turned something hurtful/painful into something positive because now I have a clean house and feel like I have achieved something

The harder one to counter is BOREDOM!!! Arrgghh .. the urge for that rush .. that spike in "happy" ... that energy .. even knowing the plummeting that comes after it doesn't distract me enough to not give in to it lol ... like last night .. I was supposed to be in bed and going to sleep .. but my head was ticking over .. instead of getting back up and doing some more cross stitching .. or reading ... I went out to the kitchen with a purpose, grabbed the bag of Jelly Bellys and ate the whole lot .. no surprise I didn't go to sleep until 3am lol ... but I did it .. and I didn't even stop to think about it .. broke my own rule about thinking first acting second .. it was almost like I didn't care .. and Im sure we all have those moments of doing something we know we should but "eh" (shrug) .. will do it anyway lol. I can spend a lot of time playing on my Farm in Farmville on FB to keep my mind and hands occupied .. but I do get bored with that once its all caught up .. so that is when I pick up a book and start reading .. then the bargaining starts to happen.
- I will just finish this chapter ...
- I will just finish this page ...
- Not much left of the book .. might as well finish the book ...
The whole time I have a bottle of water next to me and I will keep sipping at that ... if after all that bargaining I am still wanting something I will grab a piece of fruit for that sugar ... if that doesn't work THEN I will have a piece of chocolate then leave the room and start another project. If the urge for more hits me then the bargaining starts again .. This time with my cross stitch ..
- I will just finish this thread ..
- I will just finish this row ...
- I will just finish this section ..
sip sip sip (this is definitely how I drink so much water in my day lol) ..
My favourite deterrent is my meal time lol ... if I am within an hour of when I am going to eat its a mantra "no point dinner soon" "no point lunch soon" ... and then I start prepping the vegetables or whatever .. I have a nibble on some carrot while I am chopping them up and then dinner comes .. after I eat that is enough and Im happy to forget about the chocolate.

So there you go .. a couple of my coping tools ... hopefully they might trigger something to help you too .. and if you have a trick can you please post it to help each other?

Right .. off to hang out the washing and get the dishes done ... might grab a yoghurt and some Special K for lunch Just did 30 minutes on the treadmill and will do it again tonight .. really want to train enough so that I can try to jog at least a little in the next Run I have signed up to at the end of March
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, haven't been feeling well...just dragging myself to work and back home. I have an appointment with a new doctor on Monday.

My plan is to catch up on my reading this thread BEFORE then.

Miss reading and posting.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #314  
Trying again

Awww ISLES .. wondered where your lovely face was .. so sorry to hear you aren't well .. hopefully its something that will sod off out of your body and you will be back on track in no time ... big kiwi HUGS coming your way

Up early today to get my treadmill in this morning ... 2.5km in 33 minutes .. not bad but need to pick up the pace a bit more .. the 6.5km I did on Sunday was an average of 12.18 minutes per km ... and my goal is to do 10 minutes per km ... so definitely some work to do .. although having said that .. when I did that little bit of training for Sundays walk I definitely wasn't doing a km in under 15 minutes so Im thinking if I can do 12 on the treadmill then in person I should be doing 10 lol ...

Had a nice dinner last night. Did Pork Belly for hunny, slow roast with potatoes and carrots .. broccoli & courgettes .... but for me .. 130g of chicken (with a little Teriyaki) then boiled Carrot a small potato, steamed carrots and courgettes. Went and had some low fat ice cream with a little hersheys sauce on lol .. only a tablespoon though and that was lovely .. medicinal even cos it helped my throat rofl.

Up early so Im dressed and ready for the flooring guys ... 2.5km on the treadmill .. lovely quick shower ... now Im having a bowl of Special K with yoghurt, bottle of water and chilling with Jake & the Fatman reruns lol.

Nothing planned the rest of the day for dinner though .. so will have to think on that .. probably something light Hopefully they will be able to lay the lino today after they rip up the carpet .. depends on how wet the wood underneath is though So crossing fingers or its going to take a lot longer waiting for the floor to dry .. alternatively it may mean the laying of a thin floor on top which will just kill the budget lol . ah well .. once its done its done and it will make things a lot easier for us .. and the dogs lol.

Better go .. want to get my Special K eaten before they get here .... hugs all .. hope you are all doing ok
Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 343/248/200

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

Sorry I'm late. I've been keeping busy the last few days and haven't gotten around to reading/posting.

I weighed in on the 23rd. Here's where I'm at:

01/26 to 02/02 = 326.2 (was at 326.8 yesterday)
02/03 to 02/09 = 322.2 = 4 pounds
02/10 to 02/16 = 319 = 3.2 pounds
02/17 to 02/23 = 319 = 0 lost.

No loss, which was pretty disappointing. I have been exercising, but at a slow pace. Also saw some friends over the weekend and didn't eat as well as I could have. I'm just glad I didn't gain! Hopefully this will be a better week. I REALLY need to stop eating so much cheese and I'm addicted to chips. Ugh.
Closed Thread