Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Ubee: I do NOT understand - I have a nephew (26) that won't even look at them he is so scared...I tried to psycho analyze him ..but didn't work.

Years and years ago I bought one of those pirouette clowns...then everyone I knew thought I liked ALL clowns so after gift after gift I know have tons of them.

wannaskipandlaugh, sorry to hear you are so sad. Thinking of you.

to all you losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for more

“Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.”
Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

START WEIGHT:305
GOAL WEIGHT: 255
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06: 305
Week 02 - JAN 13: 299
Week 03 - JAN 20: 299
Week 04 - JAN 27: 295
Week 05 - FEB 03: 296
Week 06 - FEB 10: 295
Week 07 - FEB 17:
Week 08 - FEB 24:
Week 09 - MAR 03:
Week 10 - MAR 10:
Week 11 - MAR 17:
Week 12 - MAR 24:
Week 13 - MAR 31:
Week 14 - APR 07:
Week 15 - APR 14:
Week 16 - APR 21:
Week 17 - APR 28:
Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #228  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

ISLES - So nice to see you back .. was about to send out a search party .. figured you must be under the snow there somewhere So YAY for the loss .. that is a nice solid loss there hun .. but BOO about the Doctors ... bunch of vampires over your way huh? Keep positive though, you know you can do it Love your collections ... Im with Ubee .. not that I am scared of clowns .. just wouldn't want a lot of them looking at me lol .. its funny how many people collect pins/badges though isn't it?

SUNNY - Another great loss this week .. you are keeping it so steady Great job again

WANNA - Oh hun ... I am so sorry .. its ridiculously hard to understand how something like that can happen so quickly ... its like a part of you wishes he would have been able to fight longer just because you weren't ready for the world without him in it .. but then I am sure you also feel that he isn't in pain and is now at peace ... Im sure if you chat away to him he will be listening out .. its how we keep them going .. talking about them and to them As for the diving into the cookies .. yep .. been there and done that .. but I fell into that hole for MONTHS before I got control again. I realised that I was using my loss as a reason to destroy whatever I had started to achieve .. then I thought .. wow .. how can I do that? Im sure that person wouldn't have wanted me to do that .. I was still alive .. and I had to be the best me I could be .. I could grieve sure .. but then I needed to be honest and true to the path I had chosen .. and killing myself slowly by building up the weight was not the path I had been on before the loss. It will hit you at the weirdest times .. right out of the blue ... but then so will the moments that give you that secret smile in memory. Hugs and love heading your way hun

LESLIE - Great recovery from last week there I think you are doing great

Well today I am pooped! Got up early to get breakfast for my hunny before he went off to work .. and I got me a banana and a nut bar too .. so Im learning to nibble in the morning lol ... then I sat back for an hour or so to watch a little of the Winter Olympics ... and then at about 930 I decided it was time to get cleaning. We have a porch that has had stuff dumped in it for years .. its definition of getting tidied in the past was just getting another box to stuff things into and then stacking it up with the others lol .. so out I went this morning to finally clear it out .. I thought it would pretty much take me all day at least cos there was so much stuff! There is an old couch there which is going to be getting taken to the dump so I have now loaded it with all the crap to go too lol .. over loaded it really .. but after lots of lifting, moving, sweeping, sorting .. and definitely sweating .. its all sorted ready to load into the trailer to get rid of once and for all

After that I attacked the laundry which has had 5 years of crap tossed into the far corner ... lord knows why lol ... so I had to move the washing machine .. darn thing was heavier than I thought so back a little twinged now But I have managed to get that room cleared out properly too .. and there is now boxes in front of the dump couch lol.

Still with a bit of energy and surprised at how much I had done . while the adrenalin was still there .. time to attack the kitchen ... getting all the dishes done, clearing the benches, checking the best before dates on some things .. whew ... happy me

So just taking a break now, trying to work out whether I should finish off clearing out the kitchen in preparation of the floors getting done next month or just leave it for another week ... or attack my zen room and clear out anything that I don't want or need to make room for the treadmill Im hoping to get this weekend Also so I can put more shelves up lol.

So Im feeling quite good about today so far .. its funny how I do this really .. I will spend DAYS doing nothing around the house really other than cooking dinner and clearing that up... and then suddenly it hits me that I need activity and Im like a whirling dervish getting almost a whole house cleaned up in a day lol ... Oh .. also did 2 loads of washing too lol.

Right ... had a 30 min break .. time to get moving again or I might not start .. and I want to bake some cookies for my hunny
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #229  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Thank you for the hug and wishes Isles ! and NightKatt... you said it perfectly! I remember when I lost my Sister and then my best friend... I did go off the deep end - eating and BUYING CR*P too... This time I do know better and got off the sugar kick and clutches. I know I need to think of myself and not sabotage. I appreciate your words and LORD GIRL...all the cleaning you are doing WOW! I wish I could fly you over... I need help in that part of my life too!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #230  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Larry nice job Mr.Skinny!
Erin so proud of you for sticking to your guns and waiting for your slow scale to catch up!
lemc nice job! 4 pounds is amazing!
Sweetnuf impressive! May I add I looked at your profile picture and NO WAY do you look like the mom of 2 teenagers! Where is all the gray hair and wrinkles?
Katt see above for you also! I googled Charlie Bears. I can see why you love them. They look like they have personalities!
Starfish hope you are feeling better!
I just saw this Yes ma'am my oldest is going to be 14 in July. You may add me. and the gray is coming lol.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #231  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Starting weight: 310
Current weight: 295
Goal weight: 175

Week 01 - JAN 08 - JAN 14: 309.8
Week 02 - JAN 15 - JAN 21: 302.4
Week 03 - JAN 22 - JAN 28: 297.6
Week 04 - JAN 29 - FEB 04: 295.0
Week 05 - FEB 05 - FEB 12: 292.0
Week 06 - FEB 13 - FEB 19:
Week 07 - FEB 20 - FEB 25:
Week 08 - FEB 26 - MAR 04:
Week 09 - MAR 05 - MAR 11:
Week 10 - MAR 12 - MAR 18:
Week 11 - MAR 19 - MAR 25:
Week 12 - MAR 26 - APR 01:
Week 13 - APR 02 - APR 08:
Week 14 - APR 09 - APR 15:
Week 15 - APR 16 - APR 22:
Week 16 - APR 23 - APR 29:
Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Isles clowns are spooky! Your nephew must be brilliant!
Leslie nice work!
Wanna I am glad you are allowing yourself to grieve and not stuff your feelings down. It takes courage to grieve.
Katt you sound like me with house work except you get more done in one day then I would all week. Did you drink too much coffee? Let me know when the boxes and couch go out. Sometimes getting them to leave the house is a real challenge. Any cooking today?
Sweetenuf if your oldest is 14 the gray hairs are only 2 years away. Wait until you teach them to drive. When they get that down then you have to worry about what they are up to in that car. Thank God my kids were a million times more behaved then I ever was! Great job on the loss!
I am working really hard because that scale is going to move down!

Last edited by Ubee; 02-14-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:10 AM   #233  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Our friend Katt invited me to join you all in this challenge. Though i haven't been right here on THIS site, I've been on a New Year's challenge on my own, which I'll include in my numbers here (not very impressive). I need accountability - lately I've been pigging out on all the wrong stuff and I'm hoping being in this challenge will bolster my reserve. Nice to be here and meet you all.

START WEIGHT: 192
GOAL WEIGHT: 175 (for this challenge)
TOTAL TO LOSE: 17

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 192
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 191
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 191
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 190
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 191
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 02-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #234  

Welcome Dora and good luck!

Last edited by Ubee; 02-14-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 320/250.4/160

Height: 5'8

START WEIGHT:290
GOAL WEIGHT: 260
TOTAL TO LOSE:30

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 290
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 287.6 (-2.4)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 285.4 (-2.2)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 280.6 (-4.8)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 278.0 (-2.6)
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 272.4 (-5.6)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 02-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 320/250.4/160

Height: 5'8

I was just looking at the week four spread sheet and I saw over 130 lbs have been lost during this challenge. That is amazing! Everyone keep on keepin' on.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #237  
Trying again

Hi Everyone!

Been a busy couple of days for me and haven't really had a chance to get online to catch up .. so while Im taking a breather thought I would pop on

WANNA - would be happy to come over .. only have to be warmer lol .. I hate the cold .. mind you .. the heat we have had the last couple of days Im starting to miss our blah weather of last week .. it just makes you melt and not want to do anything lol ... But yesterday I did manage to get the garage, my zen room and the lounge cleaned up .. and another 3 loads of washing (from the laundry pile after I cleared it out) ... before I overheated and had to stop

SWEET - Looking good for sure .. and great loss this week too

DORA - Hey hun .. welcome on board and keep on coming back for a chat and a gabble .. or babble lol .. you have actually been maintaining quite well .. I know you would rather be going down .. but to play with a pound or two is better than to add on 10 friends lol. I have added you to the chart

UBEE - Morning hun .. or afternoon .. or evening .. how you doing today?

ISLES - You not stuck under all that snow are you??? You too SILENT??

LARRY - Hope you have been having a good week too?

LIV - Fantastic loss this week for you .. and yes .. aren't we doing fantastic .. incredible when you add it all up how we are all doing .. and everyones participation helps

So its Saturday afternoon for me .. and I am just relaxing with my hunny cos we are boiling and trying to cool down again .. sorry to those that have the cold still hitting you .... The biggest negative about all this heat is that I can't eat when I am too hot .. and so I haven't been eating properly the last day or two .. and I am actually trying to go up a pound this week .. I know .. you are thinking HUH??? But I have a plan lol ... With my big 6.5km (about 4 mile) walk next weekend I need to get my carbs and protein up to be able to make it to the end .. so I need to up my calories .. which will in turn add on a pound or two ... so its a new phase of my plan .. to start to incorporate exercise (at last!) its time to make adjustments, which will shake things up a bit in the body so will add on a little and start again .. I figure the timing is right as I am close enough to my April goal that I can afford to make the adjustments now I just have to get my brain to remember its ok to go up this week .. otherwise it will go into automatic panic of NO YOU NEED TO LOSE!! lol .. I have been really proud of how I haven't had a week on either of my challenges where I have gone up ... but as with everything in life it can't stay in a rut and needs a shake up occasionally to keep growing .. so this month is that change month for me .. well .. the last couple of weeks of it anyway lol.

Had a nice day out with hunny this morning. We went to our mall so he could get his hair cut (shaved really ... #4) then had a nice cuppa and I thought, right .. time to eat a little carb . so I ordered a chicken/brie/cranberry panini ... was really looking forward to it ... it arrived . I had 1/4 and gave the rest to hunny cos I just couldn't eat it rofl ... then off to get a pair of sneakers .. .so kewl .. black with BRIGHT pink Such a girl lol. Then we went to look at the treadmills and I picked out the one I wanted .. it has a special challenge with it .. you weigh in when you get it ... hire it for 6 months .. and if you have lost 10kg (22 pounds) or more .. you keep the machine! The cost of the machine then works out to be half price or less

Got the shopping .. lots of yummy veg, grapes .. got a few fresh peaches too .. .I want to try a new flavour combination I have been playing with .. Peach with Ginger/Cinnamon Muffins ... just have to get my spice levels right then that will be another one to go into my cookbook .. want to have some fruity options in there .. so like a chocolate section .. a fruity section .. a misc section (plain or nutty etc) .. in the baking area anyway .. which at the rate Im going will be all there will be in it lol.

Right .. time to get busy .. hope everyone has a great weekend .. and if I haven't mentioned you above .. don't think I don't think about you .. I keep checking to see if you have posted anything .. keep well and safe all!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Katt, I am not silent...I posted but it's not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was when I first did it early this morning..now gone...
Old 02-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #239  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles View Post
Katt, I am not silent...I posted but it's not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was when I first did it early this morning..now gone...
How rude! What did you say you naughty woman lol .. obviously you are getting into mischief with the internet gremlins I do love your posts ... maybe its lost somewhere in cyberspace .. I reckon its like socks in the washing machine .. there is an alternative universe where the missing socks, underwear, posts, keys and time are and they are laughing their butts off at the havoc they are causing in our universe
Old 02-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #240  

Nice loss liv!
Isles what did your post say? I want to hear what you have been up to.
Katt how is the new treadmill? How hot is it by you?
Well I jumped on the scale today and now I am afraid I am going to be stuck here forever. I am so moody/stressed the last couple of days. I think this winter may have pushed me over the edge. I just have a few more days and it may get up to 40 degrees. Nope just checked the weather and they changed it. I do not want to be stuck in winter and at this weight!!! Rant/temper tantrum over!
All right Katt time for you to jump in here and be all sunny and happy!
Sorry for being Debbie Downer.
Closed Thread