New Years Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 15 of 33
Go to
  • Right .. here is the Week 4 Result sheet. This is not including any results already posted for this week . so don't think that I haven't included them lol .. and keep in mind if its a plus you may have already changed that from this weeks result .. but that will show on the next 4 week chart

If you think I am out on my loss/gain calculation up to Sunday (yesterday for me here in NZ) please let me know .. I may have missed your update somehow .. it has happened lol. And if you don't see your name on there .. its only because there have been no updates or posts that I have seen from you on the challenge board for 3 weeks... but would LOVE to have you come back on board. Hopefully everyone can read this ok .. was going to post my actual chart but its HUGE and would make either the screen page too wide .. or the writing so small you wouldn't be able to read it anyway lol. If you want you can send me a private message if you have a question about your results and I can send you the info I have for you to make sure I have it all right Everyone has been doing a great job .. and the team result is just outstanding .. that is like a WHOLE PERSON!! In only 4 weeks .. wow!

• Katt you are so funny! I wasn't talking about your feet. Yours are fine. Look above your head!
  • Oh rofl .. yeah .. I forgot ... there is at least one bear in every room in the house .. umm .. except the bathroom and toilet . oh .. wait .. no thats wrong .. none in the bathroom Drives my hunny nuts .. I had to move most of them ones out of the bedroom cos he thought it was too voyeristic with all those eyes watching him rofl ... needless to say I spend a little time each day in my bear room .. just for some intelligent conversation
  • START WEIGHT:252
    GOAL Weight: 228
    TOTAL TO LOSE:24

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 252
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 249
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 252
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 253
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 253
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
    Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
    Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
    Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
    Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
    Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
    Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
    Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
    Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
    Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
    Fear not! I am only 2 weeks post op. They suggest not to weigh yourself until 4 weeks after a hysterectomy because of retaining water. I am on plan and it will come off. I am feeling stronger and going to increase my baby walks slowly... I will not let our team down! What is our team name? I think we need one.
  • My hunny had a good name for my journey I thought. Day One. I like to think that every day is the first day of my journey regardless of how long I am on it. Every new day is the new first day, there will be challenges, personal issues, good times and bad. But every day gives u a new 24 hours to play with. To start again, and to continue on. For me it's always Day 1. Sorta like me being 21 with 20 years of experience lol.
  • Other ideas would be good too though lol. And Ubee I think u r doing great maintaining too. Glad to hear u so positive and hope u r healing well too
  • START WEIGHT:323.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 295
    TOTAL TO LOSE:28.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 323.4
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 319.00
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 317.
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 319.4
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 310
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 314
  • START WEIGHT: 277.4
    GOAL WEIGHT: 245
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 32.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 277.4 (START)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 271.2 (-6.2)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 270.8 (-.4) TOM
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 268.2 (-2.6)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 262.8 (-5.4)
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 257.4 (-5.4)

• Hi Everyone!
    Hang in there Silent! I know you are having a tough time in life. Give a hollar if you need some help.
    WTG Watchout!
    Katt I think you said a few posts ago that you were thinking of getting a job where you encourage others.??? I think you should. You have a gift and you should share it. You do such a great job in this thread. I can not thank you enough for keeping me motivated. I think you have an infectious energy.
    What have you been cooking?
  • SILENT - Hun I would still be thinkin pos if I were in your shoes .. you had an INCREDIBLE loss the week before .. lord knows what you did but it was wow .. this week I think your body needs to readjust a little more ... is it still freezing where you are? I havent had a chance to catch up on the weather over there but I hope that terrible cold has eased off a little by now? Hugs

WATCH - Dang woman .. what are you doin? Another great loss this week. How have you been? Great job .. you are going to be flying to your goal

UBEE - Thanks for those lovely words .. I think I just want to share how good I feel about where I am and where I have been .. to share that it doesnt matter what you have experienced in the past good or bad, it can mould who you are .. but not necessarily who you will be. Every day offers the fun of something new .. choices, views, friends (potential too) ... and it can change you heaps too

Soooo ... Monday and Tuesday for me are always my naughty days .. and no exception this week lol .. I have decided to alter my plan as I was starting to get bored with the original one from last year .. which was always something I said I would do .. but only in as much as when I am eating. Still fasting .. but only between 8-12 hours now instead of 16. Im also having a snack in the morning while my hunny has his breakfast of either a banana or a nut bar
    Anyway .. Monday is never a good nutrition day for me ... its my total freedom day ... only after my weigh in rofl. It allows me to enjoy foods I have otherwise knocked out of my day .. like pizza .. or burgers etc... basically the carbs make a prominent appearance lol. But its also my day to indulge in my chocolate and nuts .. not where I have a block of chocolate in a sitting like I used to lol .. but I do have a couple of lines through the day ... and I still dont go over my daily calories .. and yet it always gets my weight back up again lol .. honestly .. bread just clings to me!
    Tuesday was a little better .. although I have been finishing off some goodies I had in my cupboards that I had forgotten was there ... but I did make a lovely healthy mince n rice dish .. forgot to take a pic sorry .. but here we go:

500g lean minced beef
    4 cloves garlic, 1 medium onion - peeled and chopped
    150g Capsicum (I used 50g each of Red, Green & Yellow to add colour)
    200g Carrot (peeled & grated)
    1c Frozen Peas or Mixed Veg
    4tsp Gravy mix
    2Tbsp Tomato Sauce
    1tsp Paprika
    1c Precooked Brown Rice
    I use a stoneware non stick large square pan. Dry fry/saute the garlic & onion until the onion is clear, add in the mince and make sure its not clumpy but broken up well. Cook until the mince has changed from the red to the brown. Add in finely chopped Capsicum and mix through (the colours are lovely). Then add in the grated carrot and frozen peas and stir through. Lower the temp to just above a simmer level (2 I think on my oven which goes up to 8). Mix the tomato sauce, paprika & gravy mix to a paste, then mix in 1/2c water and blend it well. Pour into the mince mix and stir through. Add in the rice, mix it through .. then finally add in 3/4c water and stir it through. Pop a lid/cover on and simmer for a good 30-45 minutes to allow it to heat through properly. It makes either 3 large servings, or 4 smaller ones. If its the larger serving its about 523 calories each serving, very filling, low in cholesterol, sodium, fat. Oh and if you use a mince that is a little fatty, make sure that you drain off what you can of the fat before you add in the rest of the ingredients after the meat is cooked

Sooo that is what was dinner last night .. I had a little more than a 1/4, but less than a 1/3 lol .. and it definitely was filling. Hunny took the rest for his lunch today because it really does taste better the next day lol. He said it reminded him of the first meal I ever made him which made me feel great 12 years and he still talks about my mince that I had made him lol .. this one was definitely lower in cals as I used spagetti and lots more sauces and didnt drain etc ... so I think this one will end up in my cookbook as I want the mains to be around the 500 cal mark anyway So happy to finally have a red meat meal to put in lol.

Soooo today we paid the deposit to get our floor in the hall done, just need to go down to the store to confirm the lino that I want and they will order it in and then arrange a time to come over to rip out the carpet. It will be really good to get rid of it .. unfortunately when we rented out our house to live in a different area of NZ the tenants had an animal that did a lot of damage to the carpeting in the house .. sooo when we came with our dogs it was a case of territory marking .. ugh .. but at least now we can finally afford to get it ripped out and replaced with lino (easy cleaning!) and I can make use of my throw rugs which I have had stored since we moved back (our other house had wooden floors so scatter rugs were everywhere lol). Once the hall is done the kitchen will be getting done .. so excited Anyway .. off to do that today then visiting a friend who has just opened her first store (Healing Crystals) .. so excited for her .. she has the shelving and till from my store so that she can afford to do this without having to pay out too much to open and I think its better if she is able to put money for that sort of thing into stock which she can sell rather than shelving etc which is just a cost .. besides .. its not like I am needing them right now... and if it all goes well she can buy them off me later if she wants

I have finished the stitching of my Mill Hill Bead Kits .. sooooo addictive .. just darn hard for me to get in NZ lol .. just need to add the beads now .. bit nervous about that part as the beads are darn tiny lol .. but it will be good to get done .. will work on that when I get home Got to figure out what I am going to do for lunch/dinner because hunny has the meal from last night so he will prob only want some toast or something ... but I hate thinking about a meal just for me .. so might grab something when I am out .. Pita Pit sounds good lol ..

Hope everyones week is starting well .. keeping warm where its cold, and cool where its hot. Hugs all!
  • START WEIGHT:
    01/06/2014 261
    Chest 48 1/2
    Waist 47
    Hips 59

GOAL WEIGHT: 240
    TOTAL TO LOSE:21

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 261
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 260
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 261
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 260
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:260
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:258.8

I am so behind...I have to read and catch up.

I had my physical a week and a half ago and since them have been giving blood every few days...results lead to needing more blood!!!! My SED rate is WAY high - which they test due to my fibro...so ... we will see.

I have been exercising and eating on program..even tho my numbers don't show it....I think my scale hates me.

Katt, I don't have enough time to list all the things I have collected....some are, dolls, cups & saucers, sugar & creamers, clowns, coffee pots, old furniture, pins ( ones you wear ), Silhouettes, quilts, ---okay that's enough for now.

Will read and catch up now...
  • Isles nice to see you! I was afraid we wouldn't find you until the snow melted! Sorry you are spending so much time at the doctors. I have been on plan and gaining so you are doing well. Give yourself credit. I see you collect clowns. I am afraid of clowns...
  • START WEIGHT: 405
    GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 355
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400 (-5) total 5 pounds
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 398 (-2) total 7 pounds
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 398 (0) total 7 pounds
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 393 (-5) total: 12 pounds
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 391 (-2) total: 14 pounds
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
  • I am glad to see that you all are doing so well! I love the chart Nightkatt
    I have had a rough week+. A guy friend of mine (who I had alittle crush on) waws daignosed with Pancreatic Cancer 1/8 and died last Saturday 2/8 and my heart is in pain and sorrow. Cookies don't fill that hole either - even tho I have tried with them....I will be more positive next week.. but it is so good to see you all - WIN with this journey..

START WEIGHT: 243.6
    GOAL WEIGHT: 220
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
    Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
    Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 238 (-5.6 total)
    Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 236.6 (-1.4 and total -7.0)
    Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 234.8 (-1.8 and total -8.8 )
    Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 237.2 (+2.4 and total - 6.4 ) sigh
    Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
  • Wana I'm so sorry.