3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: January, 2014

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #76

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

Time4me - Welcome back sweetheart, I hope you had a good holidays, and are doing well right now. Regardless of scale numbers.

Radiojane - Same to you, welcome back, see I feel somewhat validated in my slothfullness for the majority of winter. -50 windchills are generally an accepted excuse to curl up on the couch with a good cuppa cocoa and read or watch TV in my life. Problem, that descrips most of Dec/Jan/Feb/ and depending on the year March... Today its 'gorgeous' out with -30C and -43C windchills.

Ubee - Awesome, its great when you feel good enough to to things even without a looming deadline. I don't have those moments very often!

Betsy - Hope you have a good time with your BIL. You're so smart to plan ahead.

MW - As long as you are moving and having fun, forget how you look. I'm sure I never look good moving around dancing and being goofy but... its fun and it makes me feel good. I say go for it.

merstopher- I'm sure you'll do well with the challenge. I can't get super competitve these days . Only competition with myself works.

Ubee - Varenky (Ukranian perogies ARE yum...) I love the home made ones more. They're so decadent, but to make them for just myself isn't really worth the effort so I settle with store bought which are... by my rankings okay. (Mine are better, and obviously the ones I had made by my Baba when she was around were the BEST). Of course they are super carby so... they're off your plan I believe. Glad your pizza turned out.

Fi - Aw you're sweet. I love office supplies and notebooks so I'm good. I just don't seem to find the discipline to journal I write stuff down but I just don't stick with it. Like oh so many things. I think my real problem is that my wants aren't consistent with reality so then I think I shouldn't want them. I LIKE music, and home makery stuff but I am not good at ANY of that enough to make a living at it.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #77
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/296/215

Height: 6'4"

Hi all!

Another great day below my daily calorie goal, AND a great workout... Finally got back to my intense circuit training class I have been making excuses not to attend. Wow what a workout I am SORE... But feel great for doing it! . Joining this forum and the MFP biggest loser competition are really motivating!

Silentarctic... Where are you approximately? Looking for context

Fiona... I do the same thing with salad ingredients... And I started getting lazy with cooking during medical school too... Then even lazier when I married a gal who loves to cook... And HEALTHY too. All I did was complain! Don't know what you got til it's gone (we split a year ago). Now I am trying to find ways to eat healthy and have been doing well at filling up on a salad a day this week when I get home from work/gym so I don't overeat a main course/snacks. I try to make it easy on myself though... Buy precut/washed lettuce for example.

Ubee... I wasn't joking I do have ADD as well . Not hyperactive though. Anyway I am scrolling through the threads as I type this time. I also procrastinate on paperwork and household business... Horribly.

Betsy.. Thanks for the props! I am hoping this is not a short lived obsession. Once upon I time I was fit, muscular, in shape, cared about working out and eating right... I am hoping I can get back there, and joining a forum like this (which I would have scoffed at a year ago before alcoholism caught up with me and turned my life upside down and finally drove me to the treatment I've needed for longer than I understood) should do me well... I have learned the power of support groups

Mountain walker... I used to try calorie counting with books and could never stick with it because of the tediousness... I am really loving myfitnesspal! So flipping easy, and I never want to go over my calories now... It is keeping me honest with myself

Larry... Lots of conflicts... Can I say I wish you were my patient? You know the issues and the conflicts and are looking for the solution... Very refreshing

That's it for me, just watching the Ottawa-colorada hockey game (go sens!). My new plan is to do the circuit training 3 times per week and swim/bike/weights other days... And of course eat within my goal. So happy I am adding "body" efforts to mind and soul and am excited to finally feel like I am taking the bull by the horns.

Sleep well all...

Last edited by merstopher : 01-09-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #78

S/C/G: 390/315/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello All...

I just wanted to drop in and say hi before I head out today.

Silent - You sound like me. I have been teaching a few years now and some days I wonder what I am going to do when I grow up. LOL. I have a million interests but none that I know of would be sustainable as a living.

Time4me - Welcome back... It's great to see you here... I just got back here after a couple of months missing.

Radiojane - It's good to see you Jane... You do have a lot on your plate right now... and I know it helps to talk about it... so I don't even consider it "whining" Hang in there, it will get better!

Ubee - I, too, have ADD and have only come to this realization in the past few years (even after years of teaching, LOL). When I clean the house it is like I have dozens of projects going at once because when I leave one room to go get something I see something else that needs to be done and I start it because I might forget. It's a vicious cycle.

Betsy - Proud of you for being binge free for two days... I hope you continue to succeed... I am rooting for you

MW - I found the easy way for me to count calories is with Livestrong's Daily Plate. I guess I just got used to it over the past few years.

merstopher- Good for you on doing the challenge!!! I am doing the NEW YEAR's Challenge here. I hope to see everyone's ticker moving.

Fi - You really sound like me... I have always had great intentions with buying salad fixings and then wind up throwing them away. I am getting better at that though.

Thank you to everyone who commented about the loss of the board member. The service was beautiful and it was amazing to see how many people's lives he had truly touched.

Well today I am off to training. I have had a good breakfast and my meal and snacks are planned. I hope each of you have a wonderful POP day!!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
10% Lost - 5/21/13 Mini goal - 312 = 20% lost

New Year's Challenge
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #79

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone!!

The scale has blessed me with a 2 pound drop this morning!
That WD-40 I used to help unstick the pointer must have worked (LOL)

I ended yesterday way under my calorie goal. Only 822 calories for the day. I attended a lunch meeting with Shriners at Beef O'Bradys. This was the first time that I had a meal there and now I know that is best for me not to. Prior to going I printed their nutrition information from their web site. Wow!! it seems like they specialize in high calorie, high fat and sky high sodium meals. They have several items on the menu that have tens of thousands MG of sodium. I chose as carefully as I could and picked the Grilled Shrimp Salad with ten extra grilled shrimp and fat free ranch dressing. This totaled only 565 calories but had 2,074 mg of sodium. I also have decided that if we have another meeting there I will eat before I go and I will just order coffee. Beef O'Bradys has great tasting food, but it does not fit my plan

I made a choice to stop at 822 calories because I did not want to exceed my sodium for the day. I think that I made a good choice given the circumstances.

Can anyone give me ideas for higher calorie foods with little or no sodium that I can use on days like this to off set low calories and high sodium?

Last edited by Larry H : 01-09-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by merstopher View Post

Larry... Lots of conflicts... Can I say I wish you were my patient? You know the issues and the conflicts and are looking for the solution... Very refreshing
merstopher Thank You!! You sure no how to brighten my day.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #81
mountain walker

S/C/G: 360/323/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi Everybody,
Have you had a good day? I had recovered from a dodgy hour or so last night of carb overconsumption and had a lovely walk with the pup this morning, I then took the Jack Russells out with my little boy and they were so badly behaved, they ended up twisting my knee and it is REALLY gumpy now. Honestly if it's not one thing it's another!
I am managing OK with calorie counting at the moment, I know it's tedious but as I am not working at the moment, I have the time and I figured that after so many years of working full time and being a single Mum of 2 for years, I could take the opportunity to invest time in myself....... an alien concept for many of us!
Larry it's astonishing how much sodium there is in restaurant food, how difficult it must be with so many restrictions.
Merstopher....you are so dynamic, where do you find the energy?
Radiojane....lovely to see you and good luck.
Timeforme: you have done really well, welcome back to us...and well done!
Besty, Ubee, Silent and Fi, I am not ignoring you.....I keep getting interrupted! We really need another computer!
Take care my lovely chicken friends and keep up the good work.

lowest weight:19 stone 8 (Nov 2012 after 6 months on 3FC)
current weight 328
highest weight 364lbs
Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #82

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Donna so sorry about your knee. Your son sounds like a good man in training. Good job
Larry hand over your scale right now! Another 2 pounds! Amazing! Some one else will be along shortly with a food idea. Not my thing unfortunately.
Pam it sounds like you are off to a good start. Do you have any walks planned?
Chris you are really on a roll! We may need to start an ADD support group, it sounds like there are a few of us on here.
Silent is Baba your grandma? Do you ever go on a winter vacation? How is your plan going???
Fi good job with the salads. I too am a cat lady. We had a dog and he was so sweet and a lot of work for my busy life. Our daughter did love him though. He passed away a few years ago. You know if Bob can not take you to the hospital they have this new thing called an ambulance.
Jane sorry about the pool. Whine all you want. You live in Canada and it is crazy cold that gives you extra whine points! Still going to Cancun? Did your floor ever get done?
Betsy how was dinner. I know this is a sad time of the year for you... You stay with us. I don't want to have to worry about you like I did with Jane.
For all the newbies, I am in charge of worrying.
My food is good. I really need to get in my water and start exercising. I do the stairs at least 20 times a day so I am counting that as something.
Have a focused day!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #83

Merstopher - Shhh I'm keeping an air of mystery. Somewhere...arctic. LOL Not Iqaluit obviously... same territory , different region, thats as specific as I'll get on here.

pjv - I think you have to be a pretty tough person to stick with teaching long term. Or love it beyond all belief so.. props to you.

Larry - Ouch, yeah sounds like a place that is not great for your nutrition needs.

MW - glad you and the pup had a good walk. Don't worry I won't feel ignored lol

Ubee - Baba is grandma yes I'm not going on winter vaccay this year I thought about going on a spring break but I don't think that's going to pan out. Maybe afew days off here to deal with stuff I neglect but I don't think I'll be making it anywhere warmer. Maybe time off in summer...?

The Weight loss is meh, but I've seen under 320 two days in a row, so I'm okay with that, the water retention seems to be somewhat under control despite bad choices (reduce salt bacon last night with the remeainder of the perogies... still salty lol...).

I've been avoiding everything and crocheting instead. I'm not very good I looked up a basic beginner hat pattern last night and kinda want to hide away and work on that until its done. In the same yarn as a scarf I am working on. (I just need to find my yarn needles and repair some dropped stitches somehow and then finish putting on the little sequins I decided would be cute. I'll finish them hopefully soon but I doubt I'll be wearing them until spring its just too cold.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #84
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/296/215

Height: 6'4"

308 => 304 woohoo!

Sore from yesterday but will leave soon to do my stationary bike/swim. Then "Chillax" tonight.

Silent arctic - ok, be all mysterious . When I lived in Iqualuit it was still called Frobisher Bay. My brother was a storm baby... Big storm, people can't leave home for a couple of days, and 9 months later the poor hospital can't handle the volume...

Fi/Ubee - over Christmas I adopted/rescued an 8 week old siamese blue point. I named him Django. Cute, but a little crazy as you would expect in a kitten! Loves attacking my feet. And seems to love turning my CPAP off at night... Finds the button and I wake up gasping lol... Only twice so far. But very cuddly. Ironically "mans up" the place... A little more testosterone.

Mountain walker - isn't it strange how exercise gives you more energy? I'm usually posting on here post-workout so I feel good.

Larry - a little help from Canada: http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c...hy_Recipes.htm

PJ - not sure what a POP day is but mine is going well... Hope the training and diet went great today!

Merstopher - you remind me of myself. Wait...

Hope you all are having a great day! Off to and

Last edited by merstopher : 01-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #85

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Ubee and Fi

My holidays were excellent! I enjoyed a lot of quality time with my mum, and saw most of my extended family and my 2 best friends. The Christmas break home never seems long enough but mine was packed full of great times. I made my first full turkey dinner, and the turkey turned out perfect! I also did some other nice cooking, and of course indulged. I am happy to report I only have a 2 pound gain from the holidays and that is something I was starting to worry about.

Also my mum and my aunt and uncle noticed that I had lost some weight, which made me feel pretty awesome. I was also able to pay off all of my debt, and put some more money away for my future. And I bought my mum a special Christmas gift, a bracelet from Tiffany's, and the design is one that represents new beginnings. My family was so happy for my mum and my mum loved the sentiment (even though the price I'm sure will make her sick).

I am sick now though... definitely a head cold I think, hopefully the weekend will give me some time to rest and recover... and I have to say at least I didn't have to fly sick... that is the worst!

Hope you all are doing well and staying warm and on track!

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 01-10-2014, 05:15 AM   #86
mountain walker

S/C/G: 360/323/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Going to try to get all my replies in!!

Hello everybody!
Well the weather is starting to calm down and it is forecast to be cold and bright.....OK cold for South Wales....not PROPER cold!! How on earth do you guys cope with such depth of cold?This is a genuine question too........how do you afford the heating costs? I don't mean to pry any body's financials but we all know that life is increasingly expensive and over here in the UK we talk about fuel poverty...and we have nothing compared to you guys.
Doing pretty well with diet and exercise, I haven't missed a day of exercise which I am pleased about and meal planning which helps. Hubby being very supportive and has also begun to lose weight which is an added bonus for him.

PJVW: How are things at work? And how is your training going?

Ubee: I love the idea of using 20 times of doing the stairs as a daily exercise, it certainly counts......any minutes of moving works.

Silent:I love the word Meh....my daughter uses it....did it come from the Simpsons or is that an urban myth?My Nan tried many many times to teach me to knit...I just couldn't get it and she ended up spending most of the time unpicking it. I have a go at sewing and can do basics like taking up curtains but am not remotley creative so that's kind of where it stops. I live in fear and trepidation that my little boy comes home from school and says he has to go to school tomorrow dressed as a dinosaur or something!!

Merstopher: WELL DONE on the loss.....you deserve it!!

Radiojane: I cannot even imagine so cold...we had -10 a couple of years ago and even my bones were cold!

Betsy: How is Toby? For all those cat-people I am afraid I am a comitted dog person. I am actually allergic to cats but I quite like them, don't misunderstand but dogs hold my heart and always will do!

Ubee: Well done for addressing your paper mountain...isn't is a wonderful feeling? I now open my mail over the shredder and immediately shred or recycle all that detritus we are sent every day but it has taken me many years to get to that point!

Fi: How are you feeling now? Will you have to wait long for tests?

Well I have just put some lovely chicken in the Slow Cooker which will be gorgeous with some veg later.
Does anybody have a nice low cal egg recipe???
Have a super day!!!

lowest weight:19 stone 8 (Nov 2012 after 6 months on 3FC)
current weight 328
highest weight 364lbs
Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #87
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

Mountain Walker It's -10 today and I just wore a sweater It's funny how you adapt to whatever you're used to!

Fiona I cannot imagine dealing with agoraphobia in a spouse. My grandmother was agoraphobic to the point where she wouldn't leave the house, and I remember how difficult that was for us (not to mention how agonizing for her). I'm glad that you talked though, I'd hate for you not to get to emergency when you needed to.

Pool has been closed for illness all week, and my bf and fil are working on my floor, so not much beyond walking is getting done, exercise wise. At least it's warmed up enough to walk.

2014 Reboot!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #88

Merstopher - LOL we joke about that too. (ps its Iqaluit, not Iqaluit.. sorry if I seem nitpicky just thought I'd let you know... :-|)

time - Sounds like you had a great holiday. I'm glad things went well.

MW - LOL I never thought about the word origins. I don't have patience to learn to sew... as for if your son ever needs a costume... hot glue guns are your friend!!

radio - walking is good...

Hey gals, still feeling kinda meh, I promised to cook for an injured friend this weekend so hopefully I can muster up the energy to do that.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 01-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #89

Good morning everyone

Using My Fitness Pal as a guide I have decided to lower my daily goals starting today. I also raised my weight goal slightly from 143 lbs to 155 lbs.

I am doing this for two reasons. First I have lost 22 lbs since 12/30/13 and my body is now burning fewer calories. Secondly I had planned on some exercise periods and I have come to the realization that between my busy schedule and mostly my Arthritis that this has not been happening. I am still going to exercise as much as possible but I am no longer including a calorie burn to decide my daily intake.

I ended yesterday at 1,342 calories which was under my daily goal of 1,650.

New Goals starting today 1/10/2014

calories - daily goal is 1,440 (210 lower)
carbs - daily goal is 180 (79 lower)
fat - daily goal is 48 (7 lower)
protein - daily goal is 72 (11 lower)
sodium - daily goal is 2,300 (200 lower)
fiber - daily goal is 30 (stays the same)

Old 01-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #90

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Height: 5'7"

How wonderful to come back to "my" group and find all of the encouraging posts. Got caught up in another of the never ending Co-op business messes, and ended up spending the entire morning dealing with that. I have realized that part of my "challenge" right now is that my emotional eating binges are all tied to problems with being on the Board of the Co-op. I like it when I'm just working on a single thing, but being on the Board -- this is going to be the last time I agree to do that!

Normally I try to respond to everyone's posting, but since we all know I'm long winded, will you all let me slide by today and just have a short (for me) post? Otherwise, I'm worried that I may take up an entire page all by my lonesome.

Good to see Jane and Time4Me back. I, too, wonder about enduring the extreme cold temps, but then I also wonder about enduring the extreme hot temps from summertime. Might be why I ended up in the NW part of the US -- very few extremes unless you get into a political or environmental discussion.

Struggling with the binge free, but so far it's been a mental struggle as opposed to giving in. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Binge Free Days: 3

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.