Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Thank you Larry! Your words brought tears to my eyes.
She is such a gift.
I appreciate all who help us. Thank you.
On a MUCH lighter note... Can I borrow your scale?

Last edited by Ubee; 01-02-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

My water weight is still coming off.

One for each pound lost

12/30/13 296 lbs
12/31/13 285 lbs
1/1/14 282 lbs
1/2/14 280 lbs
1/3/14 278 lbs

I have been consistent so far in staying under my calorie goal of 1,650
Yesterday ended at 1,171 calories
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #18  

Good morning!
Way to go Larry!
My new diet is going very well. I hope it does not get hard for a long time if ever. A girl can dream! There are certain foods I have not been able to eat for the last 20 years. So now I am applying the same thought process to my new diet. When I look at something forbidden I tell myself that it will make me sick. Since it is the truth it is easier. My stomach actually cooperates and does a little turn for me.
Stay warm everyone.
How is everyone doing???
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. It's a gorgeous day in the Northwest, and based on the weather reports for the rest eastern part of the country, I'm glad I'm here!

Fi -- Sorry you're sore from walk, and Bob certainly has a point about the effort that we put into walking. Keep up the good work. Are you excited about getting kittens soon? Life with pets always adds a lot to my well being.

Donna -- Loved your description of yourself and I know what you mean about enjoying the holidays when we get to see it through the eyes of children.

Ubee -- Flylady looks like an interesting site although I have to admit that I reached the love myself and don't worry about the house so much a long time ago. I keep things picked up during the week, but just prefer to spend one 3-4 hours stretch cleaning rather than do a little each day. As long as we find a system that works and the Health Department is not knocking on our door to evict us I figure we're all good. You asked about setting goals for the year. My only goal is to try to get 5 pounds a month off. Some months there will be more, some months less, so guess I'm hoping for 60 pounds off by the end of 2014.

Larry -- Talk about a whoosh!!!!! I don't think I've ever heard of a 16 pound whoosh. Have to admit, jealousy and envy are rearing their ugly heads. Good for you.

I've had breakfast the last couple of days, and while it's been healthy selections, I just can't afford the calories. I still have one or two items in the frig that are of the salad variety that I need to get out of there. The laundry is about half done, sheets have been changed, clean towels, and before I hit the gym I'll haul the trash and recycle bins down the alley to the pickup spot. Just hauling those two bins down could count as my workout for the day! Have a good one.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Larry - Awesome thats always the fun part (the big drop in weight when you start eating better!)

Ubee - Glad your eating is going well! I will defo be staying warm its warming up to Minus 21 C, supposedly tomorrow. I am excited for Windchills less than -40 C! Spring weather in december... even though its only going to last for a day it is a much needed mood boost!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

betsy - Your a rockin the housework
Old 01-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #22  

Hi everyone!
Betsy, do you mean 3-4 hours of housework a week? Guess I'll have to call you Martha Stewart! My house is cozy so it takes less work. Plus I have Cinderella living here until she goes to college. One more reason to get the weight off. I will have more to do when she goes to college.
5 pounds a month. A few weeks ago that would have been too much for me BUT with this new diet I'm going to be aggressive! I so want us all to do this!!!
Silent, we are getting your nasty weather. Well not 40 below but it will be enough for them to call off school for a few days. Mind if I ask how your weightloss effort is going?
How is everyone doing? Yipee! Forget it I just saw you and Larry and Donna in the challenge! Anyone else going to join us? Come on it will be fun!

Last edited by Ubee; 01-03-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Yipee... added.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #23  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I don't have anything special to report today, except for the fact that Kathryn Hansen, the author of Brain Over Binge, posted my story about using her technique to her blog: you can read it here, under "Tips for Beginners...Continued (Inspirational Testimony)". I think the technique I describe would be useful not just for binge eaters, but for anyone who struggles with cravings and urges to overeat. Enjoy!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #24  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Larry well done you!!!
Fi....that sounds fantastic. It is always wonderful when somebody finds our words inspiring or insightful. I have made a mental note to look it up!
Silent and Ubee it started raining about 2 months ago and has more or less not stopped since. I have never known a Winter ( even in Wales) with such intense continuous rain storms, thunder and lightining and hail stones! I am expecting plagues of locusts and frogs any day soon! But I always tell myself that at least it's not snow!!! Brrrrrrrr!!
Me and gorgeous 8 year old walked around 1.5 miles with just the one dog ( I chickened out of taking all 3 dogs!). I didn't take my stick as my knee is heaps better and managed really well.....hooray!!! I plan a little jog on my minitrampoline later or some wii dance....just wish I could find my sports bra...the girls need a bit of serious support if I am bouncing up and down....sorry Larry!!!
On the topic of housework.....hoovering.....3 dogs and a cage with 3 baby chickens in it who like to throw food all over the place....if I don't hoover more or less every day I would be arested by the carpet police!
Have a lovely day chickens!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #25  

Good morning!
Fi, that is quite a report. Nice work!
Donna, do you find all that rain depressing? Sometimes I find a rainy day so relaxing. Hope you find your sports bra. The girls and I had a nice chat this morning about how they are still looking OK. I told them they did not need to lose any more weight and that they need to stop looking to see what my toes are doing. There is a beautiful world right in front of them. Larry, let me know if you need me to tone it down a bit. I tell it like it is.
My food is going so well. Grain Brain is like Atkins meets Primal so I am not hungry and do not have any cravings. It is very weird and something I need to process.
How is everyone doing?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #26  

Alas, all good things must end. My weight today is the same as yesterday 278 lbs. My whoosh is over but the good news is there was no bounce back.

Yesterday "1/3/2014" Food

1,121 calories - daily goal is 1,650
158 carbs - daily goal is 227
26 fat - daily goal is 55
72 protein - daily goal is 62
1,945 sodium - daily goal is 2,500
26 fiber - daily goal is 29

Ubee Thanks for the encouragement. I like your diet thought about forbidden foods that they will make you sick. I tied many many different diets over the years and finally settled on old fashioned but reliable calorie counting. With calorie counting I have no forbidden foods as long as I do not exceed my daily calorie goal which currently is 1,650. If I want to start the day with say 1,650 calories of ice cream, I can. Of course I would not be able to eat anything else that day. For me I find that this has rid me of the feelings of being deprived.

betsy2013 My whoosh is over. My cardiologist says I am very sodium sensitive. My blood pressure is not affected but I retain water like mad. Last year I gained 25 lbs in two (2) days and lost all of it in four (4) days

silentarctic Thank you also for the encouragement, alas the fun of the water weight loss is over for now

Fiona W You tell a Great story in "Tips for beginners". You giving autographs yet?

mountain walker Thank you for the attaboy

Ubee and mountain walker You don't need to worry about me or tone down your talk about sports bras and the like. I am a 69 year old retired US Navy Chief Petty Officer who has done it all and seen it all.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. It's a gorgeous, sunny, cold day in the Pacific Northwest. Donna, wish I could send you some of this and we'll take a little of your rain. Oh, if only we could use the Internet to send weather patterns where they are wanted!

Ubee -- Girl, you crack me up. I'm with you on borrowing Larry's scale. But it sounds as though your revised diet approach is going really well. Finding one we actually like is a big part of the battle. No, I don't do 3-4 hours of housework a week. I keep things straightened up just because I like things straightened up and living alone, no one else will put the dishes in the dishwasher. And once a week I'll give the floors a quick vacuum with the little battery powered vac just to get the dirt and shredded paper from Toby up. Then about once a month everything has gotten to the stage where I'm leaving myself notes on top of the furniture in the dust and will spend 3-4 hours on doing an actual cleaning of the house. Martha and I are definitely not in the same category -- not sure we're even on the same planet! Glad to know that you talk to the girls as well. Mine aren't listening!

Larry -- Almost 20 pounds in 5 days????!!!!!***** Obviously, I'm in absolute awe of that happening. I've gained 20 pounds in 5 days, but it's never gone the other direction.

SilentArctic -- You give new meaning to the definition of normal is what is normal for you. Temps of -20C with windchill of -40C and you think it's like spring? And you walk to work? Just the effort from trying to keep your body temp up should burn some calories. Hats off to you -- I definitely could not do that.

Fi -- Loved your post on binge eating. The yappy dog image is so helpful right now because I'm training Toby not to jump up unless signaled -- and especially at the dinner table. You have inspired me. So, each day when I post, I'll up my ante on days without a binge. And I'll set a mini-goal to get through the rest of January without a binge. Thanks!

Donna -- I read where the British Isles were getting clobbered with bad storms. Two months of bad storms is so depressing. Glad there's a break so you can at least get in a walk. Sounds like you're really focused on getting in some exercise every day. Hope you find the sports bra -- in the past I would have used not finding it as an excuse for why I couldn't exercise that day.

In the fessing up category, yesterday was probably the worst binge day I've had in six months. Just plain went over the edge. So, Fi, your posting was very timely and much needed. So, I'm going to use Fi's visualization, I'm going to get over being driven crazy by the Co-op and its never ending problems, and I'm going to stop turning to food for comfort. So here's the binge free tally start: Days of No Binges: 0
Old 01-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!!

I am back after being away from the board for a couple of months. I sure did miss you!!! It just seemed like I never had time to get on here but I have decided I will make time because I need the support everyone provides here. That sure seems to be the way it is with several who have been here and then left for a while.

Anyway, I am getting back into my lifestyle plan for the new year! I want to make a significant difference in my life this year as I am turning 50. I started January 1st working my lifestyle plan. I am counting my calories, walking, taking my vitamins and drinking my water/green tea. This year I want to do more resistance training and get back into the habit of taking care of myself and reducing stress.

I look forward to reading about what is going on with you all and your fitness plan. I know you won't disappoint as you never have! Take care everyone and have a wonderfully fit Saturday!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvw34 View Post
Good morning all!!!

I am back after being away from the board for a couple of months. I sure did miss you!!! It just seemed like I never had time to get on here but I have decided I will make time because I need the support everyone provides here. That sure seems to be the way it is with several who have been here and then left for a while.
Welcome back pjvw34, I have just returned also and you are right about the great support we get here.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #30  

Good Afternoon!
Larry, I'm glad you found something that works. Our bodies are all so different especially as we mature. The important thing is that we keep at it. Thanks for letting us get it all out and not being offended! Weightloss at 300+ brings a lot of issues that we need to deal with.
Betsy, ah more co-op drama. Well I have no advice but I am more then willing to listen to you vent. How much longer until you are free? Give Toby a kiss for me!
Welcome back Pam! I am turning 50 this year also. I am going to be at goal by my 51st. birthday.
Well I have decided I am going to take the plunge and list my weight on Monday. Why is this such a big deal??? It is just a number and I am so much more then any number. Anyone have any thoughts? I do live in a small town and everyone seems so interested in our family. Not in a bad way, just a curious way. We are kind of unique and people are always trying to figure out how we can meet so many weird challenges in life and stil be happy.
Have good day!
Edit to add... Now I remember. When I was in 3rd or 4th grade they weighed us at school. The volunteer mom stood at the scale and said it to the other mom to write down. The fact that I weighed 103 pounds spread through our four room school house like wildfire. At recess everyone stared at me. Well, I am a big girl now and can let go of that. Thanks for being here!

Last edited by Ubee; 01-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Closed Thread