Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Betsy - Hope Toby has a good class! Part of what holds me back from being a pet owner (other than the obviously busy schedule I tend to keep up at times) is training a puppy. I love older pretrained dogs they get along with me fairly well

time - Rest up! My goodness I hope you sleep well and feel rested by the next time you post. Sleep is so tricky!

Ubee - Well I'm going to try. I fully expect epic defeat and have warned my team mates accordingly. They would have to lose the game by default without me so... either way its a likely loss for them. I'm just joining in to spend time with friends since they asked me to sub.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Fiona W Sorry to hear that your friend is not visiting.

pjvw34 You are right gardening is great exercise. Nothing beats a fresh picked vegetable. I am going to try something new to me this year.
No irrigation raised bed gardening system (Hugelkultur)

http://www.instructables.com/id/No-i...elku/?ALLSTEPS

pluckypear -20 degrees? I knew there was a good reason that I moved from Buffalo, NY to Florida. As a matter of fact I brought my snow shovel with me and I keep it by the front door. Brings a smile to my face when I see it.

SamIAm86 I never tried hydroponics but have always wanted to. Let me know how it works out. I suspect there is not a lot of exercise benifit from hydroponic gardening.

Radiojane We can usually start our gardens at the end of February. Let us see some pictures of your project when it is done.

betsy2013 I made my own self watering planter containers from inexpensive 5 gallon buckets. I have 19 of them. I am going to add a 4 foot by 8 foot raised bed this year to use for Square Foot Gardening. Building it and maintaining it will add to my exercise.

https://extension.umd.edu/growit/foo...et-mini-garden

time4me2change Be careful when you are sleep deprived. I once fell asleep at the wheel. Not a fun thing.

Ubee Thanks for the offer but you can keep the snow. I am going to try a no irrigation raised bed. Hugelkultur

silentartic and Merstopher Hope your day was great.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all...

I have a really busy day planned today but will check in later on this evening... I hope each of you has a wonderfully POP (Perfect On Plan) day!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Betsy The squash was really good. I roasted it in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375, maybe a little bit longer. You just have to wait for it to get really soft. I sprinkled some salt, pepper and garlic on mine. I had it again for dinner last night and I think it was even better than the first night!

Silent I really like almost all squash. This really helps curb my carb wanting. I am still eating carbs, just trying to eat good carbs and watch on my processed foods intake. I've really only been eating gluten free oatmeal for breakfast as my only "bready" type carb. So far so good. I am getting my new scale next week so I hope to see that I've lost at least a few pounds.

Ubee Thanks for the encouragement. Last night with my friends that came over, I had a really rough time with them so it's nice to see that I have someone cheering me on after that.

Lary I'm hoping to get the hydroponic system by early spring or summer. I don't have too much of a green thumb but figured it would be nice to try, even if all I grow are tomatoes.

Last night for me was a complete disaster. I had two of my girlfriends come over so I could do their makeup for my portfolio. They brought their kids, a 6 year old boy, and a 6 month old girl. They were pretty well behaved for the most part. However, my friends decided to drink while I was doing their makeup. I didn't really mind at first but I wasn't really paying attention until they started getting loud and obnoxious that I found that they topped off a 1/5 of whiskey between the two of them. My hubbs was in bed sleeping off a migraine, and my BIL was asleep before he had to be at work at 11 that night. I kept having to get them to be quiet and it ended up taking 2 1/2 hours to do both of their makeup. It was a complete waste of time because I can't even use the pictures that I took. One of them obviously drank more than the other (luckily the one driving was sober by the time they left) but they both looked like they had been drinking in the pictures. For something that is supposed to get me jobs, I can't use the photos. It was nice to catch up with them but I told them they couldn't be drinking if I do this again. I have no plans on using them as models again because I was so irritated after they left. I had just worked a full 8 hour day at work, spent an hour sanitizing my kit, they showed up almost an hour late, then all of that. I ended up not getting to eat dinner until about 9 and had left over spaghetti squash. I was pretty emotional and ended up eating a piece of breakfast casserole I had left over in the fridge which I probably shouldn't have done but it could have been a lot worse so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I didn't sleep well last night either because of it all. I'm back at work now, had my oatmeal for breakfast and drinking a cup of coffee. I'm not going to stress over something that I couldn't control but will know next time not to rely on them. I am hoping today is a better day. Right now I'm tired as all get out but hope to be nice and awake at least in time for me to try and take a walk after work. I hope everyone has a POP day!!! When we have struggles in life and our diets, all we can do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move on! Sending big love to everyone today!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Thanks all, I got some sleep last night but am still feeling tired, hoping tonight will be even better!

And Larry, true warnings there. Luckily I don't even have a vehicle, but if I drove and could not get a ride I probably would have just called in sick.

Went for dinner last night with friends to an Italian restaurant and it did not do well on the scale this morning, hoping to improve that for my weigh in tomorrow... if not, next week.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! I am having green tea today instead of coffee so I hope it gives me enough of a jolt. I am drinking the tea in the hopes that it will flush out what I want to be water weight. I was heavy on the olives yesterday.
Silent I so want details of your curling experience! How is your eating and exercise going???
Larry please let us know how your new beds go. Love the shovel by the front door. I saw your blood pressure on another thread, so cool. Was it always low or just when you changed your diet?
Pam you sure are busy. I hope it is all good/happy busy!
Sam first I want to ask, do you add anything to your oatmeal? Second OMG! I am so upset with your friends!!! I hate it when things like that happen! Sorry you hit a nerve... Good job coming on here and picking yourself up. You are so worth it! We all are here to help each other because we all need support. Let us know how your day goes.
Time4me, here's hoping it is water weight for both of us!
I have a busy day so I best get going. I am feeling "meh" so will check in later to stay on track.
How is everyone doing?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is super busy. I've already had my morning exercise although I will go to the gym. Toby decided as I opened the gate for him to go into the yard for his morning romp and digging routine to explore. He bolted and I spent about 15 minutes chasing him through the neighbors' yards -- all in my bathrobe and house slippers. I finally just decided to head back to the house to get the car keys and try catching him from the top, and the little stinker just came home and followed me into the house. Makes me realize how much I still need to lose to be able to charge up and down these mountains out here!

Ubee -- Hope the green tea works. Supposed to be very good for you and help with kicking in one's metabolism. Hope your snow storm is over and you were able to enjoy the day yesterday with your girls home. Thanks for the words on the Co-op commitment. We're having our annual retreat this Sunday. That meeting is going to be the deciding factor. Updates will follow. (I feel like there should be the breaking news sound accompanying this although few would think -- rightfully so -- that it's quite that important.)

Time4me -- Glad you got some rest, but it definitely takes a couple of days for our bodies to recover from lack of sleep.

Sam -- So sorry for the disaster with the "friends" and what was really a work event for you. You have every right to be irritated with them.

Pam -- Looking forward to your update.

Larry -- Thanks for the links about the container gardening. I live on the side of a steep ridge that I had terraced when I built the house. The garden is currently on the first terrace, but the "soil" is terrible -- the ridge is actually a morraine so it's a lot of rocks and clay. I'm going to do container gardening on the upper deck and am looking at options.

SilentArctic -- I think I'm beginning to live vicariously through your social life! How was the curling? It has always looked like such an unusual game, but I've always admired people coming up with a solution for living someplace where there's a lot of cold weather. Hope it was fun. I've gone back and forth on dogs between getting a puppy and adopting a grown dog -- pros and cons to each. He is now housebroken, and that has made a world of difference.

Guess I'd better get to the gym. I'm starting my count over. Haven't been binging, but I need to start a staying on plan count.......guess that would include not binging! DUH! Have a great day.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Larry - right back at you.

pjv - hope the busy day went well

Sam - that's great, I don't really eat a lot of squash I probably should work on that. Sorry about the unexpected partying your friends did.

Time - onwards and forwards. Italian food sounds yummy i really wanted PIZZA but didn't get to have some *dissapointed*

Ubee - Curling was fun, we lost horribly and I FELL pretty dramatically and so we ended the game after that. I'm not actually hurt, mostly embarassed and just a little sore. Eating was... okay I didn't get to have my pizza, they didn't have any out of the ovens before our game. So ended up making rice noodles when I got home :-| I was cold and sore it was...edible not amazing. No working out unfortunately for me, meant to go tonight but my neck hurts too much do try zumba sadly. Next week I guess?

Betsy - Oh my someone living vicariously through me is a slightly scary though I am quite a dull person in reality. I'm sure tonight and tomorrow I will just chill at home and find other ways to avoid my housework (probably use my curling injuries as an excuse :-P)

So that was it, curling match and early to bed. Still sore and awkward today, I need to get on my conditioning so things like that hurt me less. Weighed myself this AM 317... again. No changes, I know I shouldn't expect changes, I just keep hoping the numbers will keep on mossieing down magically lol. A girl can dream.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #144  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Betsey Good luck at obedience school. I hope your Toby is behaving better than mine! He slipped his tie out last night, and I ended up having to rescue him from the shelter (ultra embarrassing not only because his tags are on the bathroom sink from his last bath, but because I'm on the BOARD of the humane society.) Apparently he was chasing a rabbit. He never wanders far, but he made it half way across town!

Larry I suppose we could plant shovels here is February! I will definitely have to take some pictures. If we ever FINISH!

My fitbit came today. It's my new motivation tool. I'm having trouble adjusting to having it on my wrist!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good afternoon!
Betsy thanks for the laugh! If I remember this isn't the first time you were showing off your goods to the neighbors! The co op may not be breaking news but it definately qualifies for a soap opera!
Silent sorry you fell. I hope you heal quickly! You are not dull. Please do not say that because if you are dull where does that leave me??? I've stopped using excuses about house work. I think staying on top of it was my plan for 2014. I will move that to a spring 2014 plan... Your supper was really sad last night. Let's spice that up a little, after all Betsy and I are living through you and we like some food with flavor!
How is everyone doing?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #146  

Good Evening Everyone!

Ubee I use the Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal. When I can't find or afford it (it's like $6 for a lb) I just use regular oatmeal. This week I decided to chop up 1 apple and toss it in a non-stick pan with no oil and throw some cinnamon on top and a smidgee of vanilla. Once the oatmeal was done cooking I threw in the apple and then added in some raisins. I usually cook about 2 cups of oatmeal and that will make 4 servings. I guess I could make it easier on myself and cook more, but it seems to work better and I don't have to use more stuff until I need to make another batch, which I did tonight. Last time I added in honey but this time I found my container of real stevia and sweetened it with that.

Betsey I'm still irritated but I can tell you one thing, NEVER AGAIN! LOL!!

Today turned out to be a pretty good day. I had a good bit of work to do at the office and we are in the process of moving to a different location so we are slowly getting our stuff packed because we have 2 weeks until we get the keys. I've still been eating that taco salad I made without the taco part this week that I got online. I have really been enjoying that as much lunch. It is really filling and I could probably eat that a ton!! For dinner I only had a tiny bit of my spaghetti squash left so I ate the rest of that and had a small piece of this left over breakfast casserole that's in the fridge. It's not the best thing for me but it's not the most terrible. At least I was getting some protein from the eggs. I could have gone without the croissant crust on the bottom, but hey, I'm not eating many carbs so it'll be ok. Right now I just got done making another batch of oatmeal and waiting for it to cool so I can bag it up. That should last me the rest of the week. I also have some pinto beans soaking so DH can cook them while I'm at work tomorrow. He loves just eating a bowl of pinto beans and some cornbread (we're southern lol) but I think I'll skip the cornbread tomorrow had just have some brown rice and beans to make a complete carb. I gotta admit, I haven't exercised once this week, though, last night my back was hurting so bad after I finished doing drunk girls makeup it felt like a workout lol....I really need to find my resistance bands...it gets dark here so quick and I honestly am afraid to go out at night because there have been a few girls gone missing here recently and I don't want to be the next!! At least the weekend is coming soon where I'll have time to go out in the sunshine (hopefully we get some) and it isn't too cold. Maybe my mom will let me take her dog for a couple hours and we can go walking in the park. Also, I'm really greatful for you guys here....You all are truly wonderful people and I'm glad that I have met you all. I just have to keep telling myself to keep posting, because that's what is making everything so easy for me at least so far. I get excited when I get up in the morning and go to work and have my breakfast and catch up on what everyone is doing and then check back in the evenings ....Well I am off for now...I hope everyone is having a great evening!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hello!

I have been on plan so far this week but of course it is still only Wednesday. Last night I was so hungry I told DH "I am so hungry I could eat your feet so guard your toes". It is a good thing he has a great sense of humour. I ended up having some tuna and melba toast which filled me right up. I need to have more protein in my diet and I do well with small amounts of complex carbs as well.

I have not been exercising for awhile. I hope to get back to the pool next week. I was not able to swim for quite some time after surgery and well I have many excuses these days.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday only to be told the Dr. was not in. When I asked why I was not phoned before bothering to come all the way in the receptionist said I was not entered in the system???? I get so tired of this kind of crap. It does not happen often but if I forget about a Dr. appointment I would get charged. Very unfair! At least the travel home was fairly quick. So I do not go in until February 11 for another echo and a consultation with the cardiologist.

Ubee My TOPS meeting is at 7:30 and goes until around 9. I take transit home and usually get home in 30-40 minutes. It does not always go until 9 but it ran late. I have tea at night and tonight I am having mint tea. I just need that coffee in the morning. MMMM olives, but yes the sodium can cause havoc with our bodies. I hope the green tea worked for you.

Betsey I remember going to obedience classes with my dogs and I had fun. I do believe the trainers that say it is really the owners that need training. I hope you are having fun.

Fi Where are you? I hope you are okay and I miss your posts. When I looked at your collage about needing order I felt frenetic, I could really feel an urgency of needing order.

Sam I make oatmeal a few servings at a time as well. It makes life so much easier. Sorry your so called friends were so rude and thoughtless, I call people like that frenemies. Good luck with your make-up artist business though.

Larry I love your story about having a snow shovel at your door reminding you of what once was or what could be. Enjoy the sunshine.

Silent I used to curl when I was in grade school and it was so much fun.

I am going to make another cup of peppermint tea and enjoy my evening. Good night.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #148  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/259/215

Height: 6'4"

Blah!

I am not having an on plan day.

I am getting over the cold, but yesterday playing volleyball ran full speed into bleachers chasing a ball. Now I have bruised shins, a bruised belly and a very sore shoulder.

For some reason tonight I decided a bag of chips was in order. My first slip since starting all of this jan 2, but what a slip.

I'm glad you are all sounding in good spirits though.

Tomorrow is another day...
Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Hello all!!! I sure hope everyone had a wonderful day!!!

I had meetings all morning, then taught class all afternoon and got home and had a council meeting this evening and just got home. Whew! what a long day!!!

Update on the yard/garden... not much going on in the garden at the moment, just pulling up some tree roots close to the surface... On an awesome note yardwise... I have a DEAD tree in my front yard... it is huge (about 5 ft in diameter)... anyway, it has been hanging over my house and I have not had the extra funds to have it removed... this has been going on for at least a year... well Monday an angel came up and ask if he could cut it down for the wood (no money to exchange hands)... I was AWESTRUCK as I have been praying about this for a while... Needless to say... the dead tree is down and away from my house... but I will have some yard clearing to get the smaller limbs up that they did not want... YEA more exercise... LOL... so I am very blessed tonight....

Sam - I think I would say never again as well... I am southern too and love a good bowl of beans... and I love cornbread too but I only make it occasionally..., beans are a great source of protien and if you cook them with little or no fat you have a great low fat dish that fills you up and gives you loads of fiber... yummy!!!

Betsy - I have a dog like Toby that will take off if I let her out... but fortunately she will come back after 20 minutes or so... She is getting to where I can trust her to not run off every time... she is not malicious about it... just wants to explore and smell everything... LOL

Ubee - it was a good day... and tomorrow will be like it somewhat but I will get to come home instead of go to another meeting after work... YEA!!!... We may do some raised beds in the garden... I have seen some really cool ideas with pallets on pintrest... I thought I might try those for lettuce and other salad greens...

Alright it is getting late so I am headed to shower and then off to bed... Have a wonderful evening...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #150  

Good Morning Everyone!

Just doing a little check in this morning. Not much happening here. Got to work and had my breakfast and doing my ritual reading on here . I had mentioned yesterday how my office is getting ready to move to another location, and now my boss has asked me if I would go to one of our other offices one day a week once we get settled to the new one. She offered to give me an extra $20 in my check each week, which will help, but I'll be losing an hour of work because the other location doesn't open until 9, and it is about an hour or so away from me. She told me to think about it, I don't think she would be mad if I declined. Part of me doesn't mind, but the long trip to get there and back each time and sometimes I barely have enough money in my bank account to get to work now and its only a 15 minute drive. I think maybe I'll talk to DH about it and see what he thinks. I really don't want to miss an hour of pay either though so I'm kind of torn.

DH had band practice last night so I had a nice quiet time to be by myself and unwind. DH is disabled so his music is all that he really does and keep the house clean. So needless to say I'm around people all day and don't get my me time very often. I got on Pinterest last night looking up different stuff and next thing you know, BAM, it was time for bed. I swear that website is like a black hole, it consumes you haha...I love it though, it's great to look for recipes, ideas, and just about anything you can think of for anything!!

Well I'm off to do some work...I'll check in later this evening to see how everyone's day is going! Friday is almost here woo hoo!!
Closed Thread