Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I bought 6 1/2 price donuts at a bakery yesterday. Ate more than I should have and felt sick. Need to throw away the rest of them. That was not a good deal!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

I am feeling better. I didn't step on the scales this morning because I didn't sleep well last night. I will be getting a new grandson any day. My daughter was pretty uncomfortable last night and I woke up often and checked my phone to make sure I didn't miss her call.

I made spaghetti and ate a bit more than I should have. It was loaded with meat and mushrooms. I may finish the week out at 1500 and cut down next wk.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #108  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin!

It's supposed to be our last day of bone chilling cold, at least for a while. I'm ready for the 20's.

Heather: Toss those suckers out right now if you haven't already. I've been there (many times). Make them go away!

Deb: Spaghetti sounds great.

I was watching Morning Drive on the golf channel over breakfast. Do I golf? No! It beats the other stuff that's on though.

They had a sports psychologist on discussing setting and achieving goals.I'm changing his topic to weight loss so it applies to me. Set a long range goal if you want but you need short term, attainable, goals to get there and plans for four or five things that you need to do to reach each short term goal.

My short term goal is to lose 5 lbs in a month. I plan to
1: Make a shopping list and stick to it.
2: Increase my exercise 5 minutes a week.
3: Not exceed 3 extra WW pts/day.
4: If I have a slip. Put it behind me and move forward. If I stay angry with myself it won't help me reach my goal.
5: Attend my WW meetings rather than weighing in and leaving..

He also discussed visualization. I, at this point, cannot visualize a thinner me but I can visualize a happier me who is proud I am getting healthier as I lose weight so I'm putting this person where I can see her often and smile at her success.

As you can tell I was really impressed with this guy and as I reviewed this post I realized how much of what he said is what my WW leader tries to get through to us every week.

Off my soap box.

Have a wonderful day and remember to take some time just for you.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #109  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Heather, Hugs. Donuts are that combination of fat and sweet that are so addictive. Very dangerous stuff. Glad you got the better of them.

Deb, Glad you're feeling better. Hope things go well for your daughter and new grandson.

Judy, Thanks for sharing! I had a therapist years ago who tried to get me to practice visualization, but for whatever reason I didn't stick with it. You've inspired me to try it again. He said that visualizing the steps to the goal was more important than visualizing the goal: picture yourself in the grocery store sticking to that shopping list, imagine the end of your workout when you keep going for 5 more minutes, etc.

I'm going to try that same exercise.

My short-term goal is to lose 9 pounds in the next 28 days. To do that I plan to

1. Stick to my WW points and not use more than 25 of my weekly points each week.
2. Increase my water intake by drinking more decaf coffee each day in addition to upping straight water.
3. Work back up to 30 minutes of cardio daily.
4. Shoot for 3-4 veggies daily.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

*sigh* I did not get the better of the evil fat-pills. The donuts got the better of me. MOVING ON! No more donuts!!

Let's see if I can put together a single on-plan day, ladies!!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #111  

I went to church and we had breakfast as out meal. The dessert area had a huge plate piled high with doughnuts, I had to chuckle and said no thank you!! Hoping this is the start of skipping dessert at church. I also only took 1 biscuit and refused another when they brought around hot ones to the table.

Hubby and I played a few wii games last night. It wasn't a lot of exercise but it was a start.

I want to set goals also.
Lose 10lbs in the next 28 days.
Exercise in some form 6 days a week.
Cut out sweets! No soft drinks!
Eat on plan and have 1 meal off per week. No seconds unless it's a veggie!!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy I love the goal setting.

1. Stay POP
2. Lose 5 lbs in February
3. Begin exercising again
4. Keep it interesting so I don't get bored - try one new recipe a week.

Let's do this!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #113  

Back from WW and wasn't the discussion about congratulating yourself for making small, positive decisions to help you attain goals! I lost again this week. Another 1.2 gone.

Heather glad to see that the evil donuts are not on your shopping list anymore and even happier to see you right back OP.

Deb, woohoo! It's not easy to say no thanks to tasty things. I'd give you a gold star but 3FC doesn't have one.

Let's work to meet our goals and smile while we're at it.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #114  

I think the hardest part of saying no to dessert at churxh is because everyone else is eating it. May think about swapping around where I sit.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #115  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Yeah, it's tough when you're surrounded, Deb. Remember we're with you in spirit!

WTG on the loss, Judy!

Heather, how did the day end up?

Carol, what's your new recipe for this week?

Had kind of a rough day today. Tight deadline kept me at the office until 8:30. Surprisingly, I did okay with my eating, even though I had to order dinner from Jimmy Johns. But didn't get anything like my quota of water and didn't really exercise.

Let's finish the week strong. OP FRIDAY here we come!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:02 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

MFP shows I have been on plan and under my calorie goal every day since 12/30/2013. However I am on one of those dreaded plateaus for almost 2 weeks now. I hate long plateaus, they make me question a sound eating plan.

Experience has shown me that my body is adjusting and will again start losing if I stay with my plan. Now all I have to do is convince my brain.

Last edited by Larry H; 01-31-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #117  

Packed and ready to go get a grand baby today. Just waiting for a call.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - new recipe will be slow cooker chicken enchilada soup tonight. I'll let you know how it is.

Happy dance as WI was down 2.5 lbs. That's a huge loss for me and I was really afraid I hadn't lost an ounce. I'm eating more than I ever have before when trying to lose weight. Maybe I've been putting my big body in starvation mode by going too low on calories previously.

Let's do this!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #119  

WOOHOO CAROL! Nice loss.

I just put chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pretty basic just added granulated garlic and a can of "lite" cream of chicken soup. Now off to pay bills, and take out the trash on the way to the car wash and the library.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Today was POP for me. I finished with 1,240 calories which is well under my 1,730 goal. I plan on transitioning into the Volumetrics diet after I read my two new books that came in today's mail.
Closed Thread