300+ Getting Fit After 40 #317

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • Thanks Judy. I ate a sandwich for lunch. I feel pretty good but know I need to stay in and take it easy. I hate being sick!!
    Dinner will be chicken baked and mash potatoes and green beans. Yes we eat a lot of green beans.
  • Larry - I don't lose when my calories go too low. Make sure you fuel the body.

I'm so glad I changed up my WW plan this week from Simply Filling to points. It's been a nice change of pace and tracking, weighing and measuring seems to pull it more together for me.

Been a very long time since I had 19 POP days in a row - no jinxing it by saying it!
  • Brrr I'm ready for spring! We are at 8 and will only warm up a few degrees today. Tonight down to 3 and a chance of light snow again.
    I have church tonight and will eat there. I think it's fried chicken. I really like knowing I can't get seconds on the food and serving sizes are not big. I will try and skip cake ! I am planning a cheat day for sat. I know I will eat cake on my bday.
    We are still waiting for another grandson. He is due in early feb.

Well have a great day everyone!
  • -12 at 7:30 this morning. It's darn cold but I'm so glad the east coast storm missed us. The dog was out and in in about a minute this morning.

Another POP day yesterday. I may go to a later WW meeting tomorrow. Preferably when it's above zero.
  • Judy how was WI?

I feel like an old bear that should be hibernating - this cold reallly slows me down. At least it's a POP bear.
  • Brrr Judy your temps make me shiver just hearing them.
    We are at 6 and will be down to 3 by noon. Wind chills will be 10-15 below zero. We rarely have weather like this. We have another round for early next week. Have I said I am ready for spring. Lol

I did great at church yesterday. I did eat a slice of yellow cake but chose a small one as where I normally go for a big one. Food isn't planned for today. Just have to go and dig in the freezer. I am back to working till 5 this month and I like an easy meal. It's impossible to start cooking with the kids still here. I know I did it when my kids were little but it's harder when I know the kids smell what I'm cooking and I know they still have close to 2 hours before they get home and their moms can get a meal on the table.
  • WI is this morning the off for a should have been done a couple weeks ago hair cut.

Good Job Carol and Deb!

Back later.
  • Back from WW. Took care of last week's gain and then some. Lost 3.6 lbs!
    Amazing what happens when I persevere.

Hair is cut as well.

Take a few minutes today to do something for yourself. You deserve it!
  • Wow, WTG Carol and Judy.

Debbie, feeling better?

Larry, good to see you again.

Heather? How are you?

Had a few decent days in a row here. I may actually be able to say by the end of next week that I'm "back on track." That's my January goal….
  • I'm struggling to stay on track. The cold... busy at work... stresses about my dog... so many "excuses". I'm not giving up though!!
  • Back to the dr yesterday. My cough is still bad so she did a chest xray. Will find out today on it. Had a steriod shot, those things sure don't feel good.
    Great news is scales were down 5lbs. That is since jan 2.
    Today my scales showed more loss. I am happy with it considering I am 70/30 right now.
    Well today is my last day in my 40s. Guess I better make it a great one!
  • Angela and Heather - good to see you. I'm trying to hard to post everyday and I know it's part of my success.

Great job Judy - let's do this!

It's time for you to feel better Deb - hope this works.

WI this morning I was down 1.25 lbs. Always hope for more but that makes 10 lbs since I started WW. The best part is how I feel being better to my body. I continue to use the frigid weather as an excuse to not exercise.
  • Mornin' Ladies & Larry too,

Carol - WooHoo! We can do this!

Angela - You are doing great. Stay determined and you'll be comfortably on track before you know it.

Heather - You're succeeding in taking care of you while leading a busy life. I know what it's like to live with an old dog and the problems and decisions that come with it. It's not easy.

Deb - Hope your are feeling a lot better very, very soon my friend.

I'm just trying to stay POP today and to keep warm.
  • I am happy to say I do feel some better today. Cough is no where near as bad.
  • Note to self: Bring emergency lunch food to the office!!!! No more vending food for lunch!!!! I can manage it within my points, but.... still not a good idea. Too much sugar, not enough protein or fiber. No veggies in the vending machine! Why doesn't someone invent a veggie vending machine?

Hope you're staying warm, Judy--and everybody else, too!

Heather: Hang in there! We're thinking of you.

Debbie: I'm glad you're not coughing so much for your last day in your 40s! I'm not that far behind you, but I had to stop and do the math to figure out how old I am. That just seems wrong, somehow.

Debbie and Carol: Congrats on the losses!