300+ Getting Fit After 40 #317

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • I need to get out this weekend before the next cold/snow events start. Need chicken breasts and pork for the freezer, fresh fruits and veggies. Going to be an expensive trip. I'm going to WW in the morning to weigh in. Hope to shop on the way home.

I got the car cleared off today and ran it for a while and shoveled a potty area for the dog.

I found fat free hot chocolate in the pantry. It was so good to have when I came back in. Yum!
  • Really dreading the brutal cold heading our way. Praying our heater works thru it. I may try and start diets today. I think all the holiday foods are finally gone.
    I am feeling a lot better this morning but won't start exercise till Monday. My main goal today is lots and lots and lots of water!
  • Day one is the easy one and it's in the books. WW has so many options - I think I chose the basic healthy eating one in Simply Filling - don't have to track and have a list of foods to choose from. This is really the way I want to eat anyway - let's see how this goes.

Heading to the pool this morning before the next storm hits. I really need to move these stiff joints.

Let's do this!
  • Did my Thurs. weigh in today. Lost 1.8 over the last week. I'm happy.
  • Way to go Judy!

I made it to the pool yesterday and had the same plan today. Rethinking that with the storm (nothing compared to what Heather is dealing with). Food was spot on even getting all my F&V in.

Very quiet here - hope all are well.
  • Hit the store again after breakfast. Needed fruits and veggies. Fiber One now has Lemon Bars (2 pts). They were on sale so since I was out of low point cookie craving solvers I bought them. I like the Fiber One stuff but don't love it so it's a good way for me to fill a need and not go overboard.

Had a stuffy head and a cough this morning. Funny how it want away as soon as I put Robitussin (sp?) in my shopping cart.

Sunny and warmer here today. The bitter cold arrives again tomorrow night and stays through Thursday.

Deb: Hope you're feeling better and better.

Carol: You'll be back in the "good" groove before you know it. Congrats on a good start.

Have a wonderful day and remember to take time to make yourself feel good.
  • late again!
    I just wanted to come in and say Happy New Year to everyone. May all of your dreams of losing the weight come true this year. hugs to all, Ruth
  • We didn't get much snow at all. We had rain All morning and everything flash froze when the front moved through. We did have some sleet. Winds are brutal and I am so thankful I get to stay inside. Kentucky just doesn't experience 30 below wind chills!! So we don't know what to do!!

I am feeling better but so thankful for antibiotics!! Still have a horrible cough.
  • We're now officially indoors… the dangerous temps are here.

Doing slightly better with eating here the last couple of days, but I'm still not really where I want to be.

Hope everybody's staying warm and dry.
  • Minus 9 actual temp this morning - that should make me move fast outside!

Feeling better with clean eating the past three days - this is when I wish I could bottle and share/save for later. Only got to the pool once this weekend but can work on that.

Let's do this!
  • Temp is one below here and will drop for a few more hours. Wind chills are 20-30 below. We didn't get much snow mainly just sleet. The house says it's 70 in here but it's not our normal 70. Just thankful for heat and the fact I can stay in my house. I don't think I will have any kids today.

Food is much better but still not pop. I am getting all my water in. I can already see some of the bloat leaving.
  • Eating was pretty light yesterday. I am calling my dr today and letting her know I'm no better. I don't think amoxicillin is doing the job! I am back to kids today. I'm thinking my body needs veggies. So I may bake a chicken today and fix veggies.
  • Hi Ruth! Good to "see" you! Hope you are staying warm.

I wobbled a bit yesterday. Nothing awful and I was able to rein myself in and just track my slip and use some of my extra points. Phew.

Windy and cold here. They are expecting up to 5' of snow just east of Lake Ontario by tomorrow. We may just get a few flurries as long as the snow band stays north.

Take care.
  • Not sure what happened to my post - hmmmm.

I think it went something like - emotional pull today but didn't go to the kitchen for comfort. Feeling a bit more energy already - looking forward to even more and then putting it in action.

Let's do this!
  • WTG Carol!

We've been cold-bound for two days. Looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow, then off to Chicago on Thursday. Eating has been so-so, but I'm giving myself permission not to track until Monday.

It's been a stressful week. I'm supposed to deliver a paper at our big national conference on Saturday. Paper isn't finished. I haven't been feeling great, there are things I need from my office, but the roads aren't really passable. We're having to change all our travel plans a bit, so I'm stressed and my stomach isn't feeling great. So my goal is just to eat reasonably until I'm back home Sunday, then everything restarts with the first day of classes.

Hope everyone else is warm dry and indoors.