3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: November, 2013

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #61
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome justanotherfatchic!! Congratulations on taking the first big step on your weight loss journey! We are ready to support you. And not just in this thread: be sure to check out the other 300+ threads and the 100 lb. club as well for lots of great info and support. I've only been here about six weeks, but already the 3 Fat Chicks community is making a big difference to my commitment and enthusiasm.

One thing to consider about your low energy levels: do you have sleep apnea? A lot of folks in this weight range have sleep apnea, and can be helped a great deal by sleeping every night with a breathing device. I have it myself, and I noticed a huge improvement in my energy level after starting on what's called a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine. How do you tell if you have it? Well, what you say about having a hard time getting in a comfortable position, plus your low energy level, is suggestive. Has your boyfriend ever noticed you snoring and/or having episodes of gasping for breath while you're asleep? Those would be clues as well. Sleep apnea is a condition in which your throat gets obstructed and your brain starved for oxygen. It's important to weight loss, too, because untreated sleep apnea causes your metabolism to slow down. The only way to know for sure if you have it is to have a sleep study done. You can ask your primary care doctor to refer you for that: it just takes one night, during which you sleep with some leads attached to your head. Google it for more info...

You didn't say anything about your relationship with food, or if you've chosen a diet plan yet. Diet is much more important than exercise at this point in the project. I'm a retired physician myself, and I've chosen to go on the Atkins diet (very low carbohydrates, but all you want to eat of protein and fat). I've done a lot of reading about diet and nutrition, and I think it's the most medically sound plan. It's easy, too, because you don't have to count anything. I'm never hungry for longer than it takes to get myself some more meat or cheese, and I feel great! I had trouble with craving cookies, candy, and donuts during my first year and a half on it, but ever since I decided to give myself a vacation from those foods, my cravings have almost completely disappeared. Most people don't have that many cravings, though, because the ample amount of fat in the diet keeps you satisfied.

If you do choose Atkins, I recommend two things: (1) stay on it for a full two weeks without any lapses before you decide whether or not it's for you, because it takes two weeks for your body to adjust to burning your fat stores for energy; (2) be sure to get enough salt, usually recommended in the form of broth, like two bouillon cubes a day, because your kidneys will excrete more salt and water, and if you don't get enough salt, you can have symptoms of headaches, weakness, and dizziness.

Good luck! Keep posting here every day, even if you're not dieting yet. Posting here is really helpful, because it keeps you hooked in to the support that is so essential to achieving a big weight loss.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #62

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Betsy- Thank you! Your input means a lot to me

Ubee- If I ever find the cure for Emotional Eating I will post it here for all to read and benefit from... wouldn't even WANT a book deal.

Justanother***chic- Welcome!! You're looking for support? You've got it! You've taken that first important step, and it's often the hardest one. So take a moment and congratulate yourself.
You can do this.... we will support you

In other news.... it's the weekend! Yay... I have essays to mark, writing assignments to plan, and a course to attend... busy busy weekend for me. hoping to get my eating in check, and will hopefully ditch those pound I gained in the last 2 days.... not changing my ticker though... because I know it will go away again.... I can do this.

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #63
rockin' my 50s!

Another day of low carb. Had a good workout tonight: did five sets of leg lifts, left leg only, plus 10-lb bicep curls and 4-lb arm lifts on both sides. I bought my little 10-lb and 4-lb barbells a long time ago, and they were gathering dust: not anymore. I'm so glad I have them! Tomorrow I'll do my right leg, and let my arms rest for a day. And so on...

Why do I do muscle strengthening? Because your muscles burn calories all day long, even when you're asleep. Also because the leg lifts help to have strong knees. About a year and a half ago I had a knee injury from going down stairs too quickly. These simple leg lifts allowed my knee to heal, and I avoided surgery.

Melissa (and everyone else who has issues w/ emotional eating) I've got a book to recommend: Bill Cashell's Emotional Diet: How to Love Your Life More and Food Less. The word "diet" in the title is a bit erroneous, because the book has nothing to do with dieting. It's a kit bag of different techniques for how to conquer emotional eating. I find that I pick and choose between Cashell's different ideas, depending on what I need at any one time. I never would have had the strength to take a vacation from my Big 3 compulsive-eating foods, if not for this book.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #64

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Fiona, when we walk we lift our whole body up and set it down. For me that is a lot of weight. Wouldn't lifting all that weight help us build muscle? I know it is not the same but I think those muscles then would also help burn more calories even after the fact. This has always puzzled me. I am more then a little slow so please keep it simple. Thanks.
Time4me, I hope you can use your weekend to lose those pesky pounds. I am the opposite. I do better with the structure during the week. I plan on having our fridge stuffed with healthy choices already prepared.
I am slacking on my walking. I am so tired. No sleep apnea. I am taking all my vitamins and minerals. I have a very structured sleep routine...???
How is everyone doing?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #65

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Good morning all. After a very rainy, stormy day yesterday, it's just overcast here which I'll take. I've got to go into town for groceries, and it's always a lot easier to do without struggling with an umbrella!

Ubee -- I laughed over saying you were having trouble visualizing being thin and though of candle wax dripping like in a Disney movie. Well, I have no idea what that references, but all I thought of was a "love" scene from some movie where the guy was dripping candle wax on the girl. But she was thin! And, yes, I am now making sure that my shoelaces are tied in the middle of my shoe mainly because I can finally get my leg up high enough to be able to tie them in the middle. Does anyone else have to sit sideways on the bed to be able to get to your foot? It will be at least another 50-75 pounds before I can just sit in a chair and lean over to tie my shoes. Congrats on going out to lunch and doing well -- always a great feeling!

Fiona -- great question for Justanother***chick about the possibility of sleep apnea. I didn't think I had it, was tested for it after the a fib diagnosis in March, and found out that I had severe sleep apnea. Justanother, using the bi-pap machine at night (I wasn't breathing in or out!) has made a world of difference in how I feel, my energy levels, and just my attitude.

Fiona, I also wondered how many grams of carbs you allow yourself on Atkins. I know that with the plan you gradually increase your carb level until you get to the point where you're in maintenance. Just wondered what your sweet spot is for losing weight. I watch my carbs (try to keep them between 75-100/day), count calories, and watch my sodium intake. My BIL is a Type 2 diabetic, and I'm amazed at the number of carbs he's allowed on a daily basis -- although it's still a huge change from the number of carbs he used to take in.

Time4me -- sounds like a really busy weekend coming up. And you'll get those 2 pounds off. Don't worry about changing your ticker. My rule is that I don't change it unless I go down. Of course, that also means it's been stuck in its current position for a long time, but somehow that motivates me to get it back off.

Not a lot going on this weekend. The annual meeting of our local Co-op is this weekend, and since I'm on the Board guess I'll be going. I'm making a raw apple cake to take for the pot luck -- not too healthy, but it's delicious and I was specifically asked to make it. Need to clean up the house some and I'm sure I'll find a few other things to keep me occupied. Have a great weekend.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #66

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am doing fine with eating today.

I can feel snow in the air although it has not happened yet. Tomorrow I am going to a set of workshops for the day then off to see a production of 'Annie".

FionaW I will check out the book you mentioned. I find this book very helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Over.../dp/144080401X

I also noticed you use visualisations as do I. This book mentions some and I also use this CD.

http://marciasirotamd.com/products

Betsy Is it a food co-op you belong to? I am on the Board of Directors of a housing Co-op. I love co-op living and I am also a member of a food co-op as well.

Ubee I can relate to being tired. I had thyroid surgery almost a month ago and although I am on hormonal replacements for my thyroid I am tired. I am still in recovery from the surgery. I went back to the pool yesterday for the first time since my surgery. I hope you feel rested soon.

Have a good weekend everyone and be well.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller
Old 11-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #67

S/C/G: 319/315/143

Height: 5ft 7"

sorry i haven't been on in 2 days i think now. a lot has been happening from deciding what diet and exercise routine i want to do to some other changes and dramas in my life, by the way i am going to try the Atkins diet and i have just dance on the wii and i actually love to dance so it should be a very intense but very fun workout.

i've decided to give myself a fresh start and this hasn't really got anything to do with being overweight as such, but more of my attitude towards myself. i'm dying my hair purple. i could be in just a really good mood right now, but believe it or not dying my hair purple is actually a really life changing thing for me. it sounds stupid i know, but i've finally decided to be myself and stop hiding who i am for the sakes of other people. all my life i have hidden who i really am to be what everyone expected me to be, that and i was afraid to be that person because i thought i couldn't pull it off at the weight i am. people still probably think i can't, but i don't care anymore. i want to be happy and if dying my hair gives me that little bit of confidence back than i shall. if you can't tell already i'm a bit of a rebellious teen, but i promise i am a good person. i've never really liked society and how they have always told me i had to do everything to fit to their standards, so now i will be who i want to be.

anyway, back to my weight issue. so i was going to start yesterday, but that never ended up happening. i didn't eat anything bad as such. just a bowl of nutri-grain for breakfast, missed lunch due to sleeping and some lamb and rice for dinner. i didn't get around to exercise because i became ill with a sore throat and therefore didn't feel up to jumping around and also i hadn't slept the night before as well, hint why i slept through the day. i didn't even really sleep last night either so today will be interesting. so far i've just had some cornflakes. i was going to make eggs but due to lack of sleep i got lazy. these all just sound like excuses i know, but i've been feeling really poorly over the past day, so yea. nobody feels like doing anything but dying when they are sick.

betsy2013- thank you and i think the point for me came when my boyfriend started going on about it. i just knew when he started going on about it something had to be done. don't get me wrong, i'm not doing it for him, well maybe a little but i want to change for myself because i want to feel better in my body and give myself that confidence. i've always been a bigger person and so i've never known what's it like to be thin and confident, and i finally want to feel that.

ubee and time4me2change- thank you, i'll try to come on as much as possible but you'll have to forgive me because sometime's i get lost in life and i'm not very good at keeping up to date, i will try though.

fiona w- i have considered the sleep study. i actually went to the doctor and he ordered for me to get one done, but i never went because i don't know how i feel about it, not to mention i have to get there and at the moment i don't have the transport. thank you for all that information too, it was very useful towards my decision to start my diet.

Last edited by justanotherfatchic : 11-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #68
rockin' my 50s!

Another day of low carb. I had to go grocery shopping, which gets more & more difficult this time of year, because of all the evil sweets everywhere in the store. I never go down the cookie aisle, but just to get to toilet paper and lunch meat, I had to go by all those holiday displays of cookies, cakes, pies, donuts, you name it. I could smell them right through the packaging, as I walked by—arrrgh! But I made it through without buying any. =whew=

justanotherfatchic— Good for you that you're being more self-accepting! Self-love and self-acceptance are a key part of any kind of successful change. Your purple hair sounds terrific! I hope you'll show us a picture. =smile=

pluckypear— Thanks for the book & CD recommendations! That author's emphasis on emotional deprivation and/or abuse in childhood as the underlying cause of emotional eating sounds very helpful. I only wish the book weren't so expensive. Oh and by the way, my grocery store is a food co-op, too. Such a warm & friendly environment compared to a big supermarket...except for the sweets, of course.

Betsy— I don't know what the candle wax dripping in a Disney movie means, either: Ubee is going to have to explain that one to us. =laugh= I'm still doing the first phase of Atkins, called "induction," so I'm not eating any more than 20 gm. of carbohydrates a day, almost entirely in the form of green veggies. So I don't yet know what my longterm sweet spot is for losing weight.

Ubee— From what I understand, there are two different kinds of exercise: (1) aerobic or "cardio," such as walking fast enough to get your heartrate up; (2) strength training, in which you work your muscles against resistance, such as weights or elastic bands. You always have to take what "they" say with a grain of salt, but the fitness experts these days are saying that everyone should do both kinds, multiple times a week. It is a fact that as we age, we lose muscle bulk: even a person, like a long-distance runner, who is very fit from a cardiovascular point of view has slow & steady wasting of their muscles from middle age into their elderly years. So strength training gets more important the older you get.

Melissa— Have a good weekend! Please know that my thoughts are with you in your efforts to deal with those pesky pounds...

By the way, y'all, why are some of you putting "***" in place of the word "fat" in justanotherfatchic's name? Is that some kind of 3 Fat Chicks thing I don't know about? I hope it's not some kind of aversion to the word, because I believe strongly in the importance of accepting ourselves and loving ourselves as fat women. Unlike the words "overweight" & "obese," which are inherently pejorative, the word "fat" is just a description of someone's size, like "short," "tall," and "thin." Part of what attracted me to this website is that "fat" is in the name of the site! =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W : 11-08-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #69

Betsy, I think you might be the reason I am tired, thinking of all you do.. What I would give for your energy. Only on the 300+ club can we all get excited about reaching our toes! How is Toby?
Pluckypear, do you mind if I ask if the thyroid surgery will affect your weightloss effort? Give yourself plenty of time to get back in your groove.
Justanotherprettychic, just pop in when you can. We will always be happy to see you. I had purple hair in the early 80's! You go girl! A hospice nurse wrote an article and one of the top regrets of the dying was that they had spent so much of their lives pleasing others and not living their lives their way. Good job figuring it out early.
As for your so called excuses, be kind to yourself. Try looking at it as "Progress not perfection" none of us are perfect. We are always trying to figure things out. That is why the support here is so great. Also I found when I changed my attitude about myself and decided I was worth taking care of and respecting all of myself I started to lose weight.
I think I am tired due to stress. I'm going to go with that.
Fiona, I really am getting into that visualization exercise. I realized many other positive things (non physical stuff) about my life. So far the only negative visual is my saggy face/neck. One funny thing is my pants are tight in the waist even when I see myself as thinner. As for how people will treat me I live in a small world and everyone pretty much likes/respects me and those that don't won't change their mind if I am thin. As for men, some have always flirted with me no matter what size. The rest can just bugger off as always. Some women are already jealous of me because I married an awesome man. Most women are so happy for me losing weight even if I am now smaller then them. I am the poster child for "If she can do it I can too."
Have a good night!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #70

A droopy, saggy candle that has lost its shape with a face on it.
I have a massive turkey neck since I've lost weight. People can not help but stare at it. I figure they stared at my fat now they can stare at my skin but I am sensitive about it.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #71

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hey!

FionaW Yes unfortunately the book is a little pricey. I find her theories very interesting too. And abuse and or neglect is not always what is commonly thought of as such. I won't get into too much here but I know many people, including self, who had parents who really tried, but due to their own addictions (alchohol etc.) or due to being narcissistic (due to their having been parented in a not so great way) just could not love their children in the way that children need to be loved. Enough said for now.
I love shopping at the food co-op although I cannot buy everything there due to price. It is mainly organic and local but sadly that makes it more expensive even with my discount. But in the summer I go to farmer's markets as well. I buy the best food I can afford.
I hope you do not mind me asking but are you associated with overeater's anonymous. I have never gone but my understanding is they encourage members to abstain from certain trigger foods.

Ubee I do not mind you asking at all. So far it is not effecting my weight loss but may. I had a malignant lump in my thyroid and that is why it was removed. I go for my pathology on Tuesday. If I have to get radioactive iodine therapy, which is common with this type of cancer although very effective, I will have to stop taking my thyroid medication for 6 weeks essentially bringing my metabolism to a stand still. This will effect weight loss. But then after my radioactive iodine therapy I will go back on my meds so I will see. But I am jumping ahead because I may not even need to do this therapy.

Have a good weekend.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller
Old 11-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #72

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Good morning! Lots to get done this morning (just wanted to throw that in right at the beginning, Ubee).

Pluckypear -- It's a natural foods co-op. We struggle constantly to keep it going mainly because in spite of a feasibility study that said there's no way the population of this town can support a food co-op, the "founders" went ahead and opened the store, sold memberships, and then moved on to other things when it became apparent that there were business decisions to be made as opposed to sitting around and singing folk songs from the 60s. Can you tell that it's not exactly a source of great pleasure for me! We're working hard now to recruit younger members with some credibly work experience.

Sounds like you have a great attitude about your thyroid treatment in terms of dealing with what needs to be done when it happens. I hope that everything comes out well for you -- always a challenge when dealing with medical issues.

Justanother -- love the purple hair idea -- that should shake things up a bit.

Fiona -- You could smell everything right through the containers. Ouch! Shopping is always a trial even with all the tricks -- never go hungry, have a set list and never deviate, shop the perimeter (not always possible!), etc. I am in awe of you still being in Induction. I have tried Atkins several time, like the immediate weight loss, but never could stick to the 20g of carbs -- even with the new system of 20 net grams. I do work at watching my carbs -- just allow myself more.

Ubee -- You always crack me up with something. The candle wax is still a mystery of else that memory never made it to the bank. I love your attitude about people and how they react to you -- wonderful to be at a stage of life where we can take them or leave them, but if they have a problem with us it's not going to get us down. The only time it would bother me is if someone told me I had hurt them, and even then I assess if they had a right to be hurt or were just letting the 2 year old in them have a tantrum. You know the type -- no matter how bad a day you've had, they've had a worse one.

The big news in my life (which will make you wonder how exciting my life is) is that Toby actually went over to the door to signal he wanted to go out. It's not consistent yet, but he's beginning to definitely get the idea. Other than he seems to have an unnatural love for toilet paper rolls, I think he's coming along nicely in the whole process. I'll take him to obedience school after the beginning of the year.......along with getting him neutered.

I have to make a raw apple cake to take to the co-op annual meeting tonight (pot luck), clean the floors, and get some bookkeeping done. At some point, I need to do something about cleaning me up, too. Have a great day.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #73

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all

Justanotherchic- purple hair...awesome... I coloured my hair for the first time this summer.... if it's something you've always wanted to do it's freeing to just do it!! (I've always wanted to be a redhead... so now I'm trying to find my happy red)

Fiona- I can't speak for anyone else, I just hate the word 'fat'. It's been the word that has plagued me since childhood (even before I was 'fat')....

so slowly killing those pounds...gained 4 in total, one is gone and another will surely be gone tomorrow... control has been regained and I even said no to chocolate cake today....

however, I didn't get around to marking... or finishing the script... so busy week for me, but busy means less time to think about food.

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 11-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #74
A full week OP! wooohooo

S/C/G: 310/305/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies... I'm back.... As I'm reading all your posts, I'm not sure why I stopped coming onto this thread. I was trying so hard to keep moving down in threads and got lost on the way. So I am back. I gained some of my weight back. I'm not proud to say this, but I hope I can come back and join your ladies for the long haul. I need some support so bad. I keep losing control over my eating and it really needs to stop.

I hope you ladies are well... I weighed in today at 291. My weight is jumping all over the place these past few months because my eating has been all over the place... It's definitely starting to take a toll on my body that's for sure. My back usually hurts so bad after work that it starts giving out on me the last hour. Thank goodness I only work 3 days because I'm not sure what I would do if I had to work full time..
Well, thanks for listening. I can't wait to get to know you ladies better!! Have a great Saturday!
Mini Goal lose 50 pounds =
Mini Goal lose 20% of weight=
Angelia
sassyangies.wordpress.com
Old 11-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #75
rockin' my 50s!

Rewards: let's share the news about 'em, whether they're small or large! (Just no food rewards—can we agree on that? At least not that we post about and gloat over...) I decided to get two clothing rewards for getting down to size 4X, one top and one bottom. I bought the top a few weeks ago, but haven't received it yet: it's an ornate and super-colorful tie-dye T-shirt from a guy who makes 'em all by hand, one at a time. Just today I bought the bottom half: a pair of bright blue tie-dye leggings with a simple design of one wiggly white stripe going vertically. So far, 3FC isn't letting me make links in my postings, so I can't show you either of them. =pout= Oh, and don't worry: I'm not gonna wear 'em together. The tee will go over black leggings, and I'll wear the blue-&-white leggings with one of my 222 (ha ha) black rock-band T-shirts. (Are you getting an idea of what my standard garb is?) If any of y'all have gotten yourself a reward lately, or even not so lately, I'd love to hear about it....

sassyangles— Nice to meet you! I like your pic: that's a cute haircut. I hope you've forgiven yourself for gaining some weight: it happens to everyone, and there's no point in beating yourself up about it. When you say you "keep losing control" of your eating, do you mean you've been eating too much in general, or do you have a specific problem with emotional eating? I'm just curious...Myself, I definitely fall into the latter category. My problem over the past nearly two years has been a pattern of sticking to a diet for X number of days, then suddenly breaking it in not a binge exactly, but an emotion-fueled indulgence in problem foods. Then I get right back on the wagon for another X days, and so on. It's like my eating is all right or all wrong, nothing in between. Anyway, enough about me... We're here to support you! Sorry to hear about your back. This is probably something you're already doing anyway, but have you tried contracting your abs, to help support your spine, whenever you're standing or walking? It's not that hard of a habit to pick up, and I find it makes a big difference in how long I can go before my back starts hurting.

Melissa— I'm sorry to hear you don't get along with the word "fat." When I first went over 200 pounds, some 25 years ago, I had to do some big-time soul-searching about self-acceptance and self-love, because the weight gain was from psych meds, and I knew it wasn't coming off anytime soon. As a result of that endeavor, I embraced the concept of fat acceptance, which basically means loving yourself as a big person and getting on with your life. The specific word "fat" changed meaning for me, from a very negative word to a neutral word, because of the National Association Advancing Fat Acceptance (NAAFA), which works to redress civil rights infringements and to try to normalize people's attitudes regarding large people. I'm not sure NAAFA has accomplished very much so far, but at least they exist, and they did help change me, from being self-loathing to self-loving. So anyway, that's why I'm pro-active about that word...

Betsy— I've been meaning to tell you: I definitely have to sit sideways on the bed or couch to get to my feet. When I reached that point in my long weight gain, it took me a while to figure that trick out, too! I even bought myself a special gizmo to help me put on my socks, and then one day, DUH...I figured out how to get to my feet. One of my recent "oh boy!" moments is being able once again to clip my own toenails. =laugh= As for keeping to the perimeter of the grocery store, that doesn't work very well in mine, because both candy and baked goods are on the perimeter. And please, don't be impressed with me for sticking to the Atkins "induction" phase until I've sustained it for a few months without a lapse. (See above comments to sassyangles...)

pluckypear— Please, let's keep talking about reasons for emotional and/or compulsive eating: if it's not fair game here, where is it? I agree with you that just because one's parents tried their hardest to do a good job, doesn't mean that they did do a good job. Mine fell into the narcissistic category: everything revolved around them, to the exclusion of my sister & me. They had me brainwashed for a long time about how brilliant and loving they supposedly were. Yes they were brilliant, but they failed miserably at loving anyone except themselves—and, oddly enough, each other. So when I succumb to emotional eating, it's always about filling up that hole inside of me, no matter what the incidental trigger may be. As for Overeaters Anonymous, no, I'm not associated with them, nor have I ever gone to a meeting. However, I did get the idea of doing a short-term abstinence from my problem foods, from reading their online literature

Ubee— Did you know that there are exercises you can do, to help with the "turkey neck" problem? If you go to YouTube and search on either "neck exercises" or "facial exercises" you should find some demonstrations. I do a whole set of facial (& neck) exercises myself, because they make me look 10 years younger and thus lift my mood. (I may not care about what other people think, but I do care about what I see in the mirror.) I bought a DVD for them: as soon as 3FC lets me post links, I'll post the info.

Good luck for the rest of the long weekend, y'all!! =smile=

Last edited by Fiona W : 11-09-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.