Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

I've been home sick all day...

trying to finish up some marking, and will go back to work tomorrow... however I feel.

just trying to get through this week and will hopefully be able to keep my weekend plans.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

time4change - hope you feel better soon.

betsy - enjoy the workout. Hope you do well with your levels.

Ubee - Awesome on the weight loss :-D

Watch - Welcome

Fiona - Go you and your core work. My posture leaves something to be desired. I sweat a LOT when I super engage my core, like in planks etc. I feel like I must be working hard when I do that I don't do nearly enough of that.

Hey guys still struggling but thought I should say hi. the longer I stay away the easier it is to stay gone. The easier it is to stay gone the easier it is to make excuses to myself.

xox
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #93  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Ubee -- I'm actually drinking protein shake powder in place of the meals. And I purchase those at walmart. I just make sure to drink the equivalent of what I would need if I were actually buying the packets. I haven't gotten burnt out on it yet. The first couple of weeks I eyeballed my meat thinking I couldn't possibly go over the ounces, but you can and very easily. So I bought a food scale and it's going great.

This is the first time I haven't cheated on a diet or felt the need to. It feels nice.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I used to talk in here all the time.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #94  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys! Another low-carb day for me. I'm utterly trashed after three days of working long hours to make two very complicated collages—but they're done! I'll write more tomorrow...sad about Lou Reed's death....
Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #95  

first, I apologise in case anyone reads the other threads I post in and then sees my message 3 times....

But I'm proud.

I said no to chips and my favourite chocolate tonight (out shopping, totally tempted)

Also I told one of my friends I was doing this.... feels like my cloak of failure is disappearing.... baby steps...

feeling so good right now.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #96  
Getting smaller everyday

That's awesome! It's always such an achievement when you can say no to one of your biggest weaknesses. Way to go!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #97  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Facts & figures: It took me 20 months to lose the first 50 pounds, which means I averaged just 2 1/2 pounds a month. However, there were two huge stressors in my personal life during that period of time, each of which caused me to gain. So I'm hoping now that now I'll be losing at a faster rate (& not gaining!). I know, I know, speed is not the issue: slow & steady wins the race. But speed is a bit of an issue for me, because of wanting to make significant progress toward my goal by my 60th birthday in February 2015.

Two big factors that should help me lose more rapidly now: (1) my abstinence from cookies, candy & donuts; (2) I've taken the step to seek out social support, and start posting here, so I'm groovin' on the great 3 Fat Chicks energy (you guys!). I'm going to try as much as I can to post every day.

Betsy— That's great that you survived the family gathering: I find those really tough. Hilarious story about the deadly low-carb brownies!

time4me2change— I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, and that's terrific about not buying the chips & chocolate! What you say about your "cloak of failure" sure rings true for me. I've had a cloak like that for a really loooooong time, and I'm so relieved to be rid of it, I just can't tell you. You're losing now, girl!

silentarctic— Sorry to hear you're struggling, but it's good that you're posting. Are you writing anywhere about your struggle? If not, why don't you write more here, tell us what the deal is? I've found that writing really helps, even if you're the only reader....

watchoutforthatcar— I'm SO impressed that you've lost over 80 pounds! That IP diet must really work... Are you exercising too?

Ubee— That's fantastic that your ticker is moving and that you're at your lowest weight in decades! What's helping you be so successful?

Hey, what are y'all's plans for Halloween? How will you avoid (or limit) the yearly candy mania? Because of my abstinence, I've talked my husband into doing something very radical for us: we're not going to buy any candy at all, and we're not going to be open to trick-r-treaters. I love Halloween and I love trick-r-treaters, but this year... no way. I've only been doing this abstinence thing for a little over a month. I just can't bear to be around the smell of candy. We're going to turn the porch light off, not hang any decorations, and hide in a back room, pretending that we're not home. I think I'll watch a horror movie with headphones on, and munch on macadamia nuts.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Betsy, nice job staying on plan with the family. It is hard when you are all happy and think what the heck live/eat a little. I really appreciate it that we are both giving it a big push to years end.
Time4me, hope you are feeling better. Cloak of failure is one way to look at it. Chips and chocolate, such temptation. I am really proud of you!
Silent, you stay right here beside us. We are all here for you! At the 300+ club always know we understand. This is our boat and we will all row it together.
Watchout, so you have shakes and food/meat? It does feel good to stay on plan. I can not imagine seeing a 17 pound loss your first week. Awesome! Glad you came back to chat with us.
Fiona, great job with all the low carb days in a row. Thanks for sharing your time line. We all have diferent plans and bodies so it is important everyone has to do what feels right for them. I too am taking the turtle route. My bodies decision not mine! For Halloween we give out little bags of chips. The next day all leftovers go to school. I have found that I seldom am tempted by cheap chocolate. I am getting to the mindset that if I am going to splurge it had better taste great!
Stay focused!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #99  

One year ago today I committed to eating healthier and moving more for a year.
I did better then I could have imagined. I have lost more then 20% of my starting weight.
I am now recommitting for another year.
Thank you for all your support!

Last edited by Ubee; 10-29-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #100  
Getting smaller everyday

Fiona - Thank you! It hasn't been easy. I actually lost 80 lbs calorie counting at first. Then I gained around 35 lbs when I stopped caring I guess and I got on IP and lost that faster than I could blink. They say the first month or two not to exercise so I'm going to start exercising next month probably. I was exercising while calorie counting and I know it needs to be done.

Ubee - Yep. 2 or 3 shakes a day depending on how hungry I am. Then lean meat and 2 cups of veggie for both lunch and dinner.

Congratulations to you both on what you've achieved!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #101  

Watchout, thanks for explaining that. It sounds nice and strict so it is not so easy to start lying to yourself about what you can and can not have yet you can have some really good meals. I know you can do this! OK another question... I've read before about not exercising at first but why? I did not exercise for my first maybe 6 months. I know we need to exercise... I just can not go all in or I burn out. Thanks.
I'm hoping to stay focused today.
How is everyone doing?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Default Introducing myself here

Good morning,

I've been on the 3FC's forum now for almost a month, but finally built up enough courage to post here. Thanks for starting a thread that is specially centered on the challenges that bigger than "most" struggle with. Sometimes I feel a little weird posting in the other forum with people that are having a hard time because they need to lose 20lbs.. (snotty of me, I know, but I'm working on not being so judgemental about others).

Back in 2000 I had gastric bypass surgery and went from 642lbs to 340. That's the lowest recorded weight I've had as an adult. Prior to that, I avoided scales and such like the plague, so I couldn't tell you what my teen years were like weight wise. On the 2nd of October, my DH and I started IP. My MIL is doing it with us, and my aunt and uncle are both at goal and maintaining.

I think the thing I'm struggling with most is the mental aspects of this that my hubby doesn't get. Granted, he has a significant amount to lose, however he just doesn't get the negative feelings, or emotions that can come with all this stuff.. making a change like this is huge.. Thanks for being there, and being so welcoming.

Kawaii
Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #103  

Hey Kawaii, welcome.... and I know I've felt the same way, seeing someone struggle to lose what seems small to us.... I don't let myself feel bad about it, because everyone's struggle is different... but I know I've WISHED I only weighed like 220 pounds LOL it's part of life.

Having a pretty good day today.... some struggles at work, and I'm not sure what to do but I'm confident the right path will show itself and I will be able to provide the leadership I have to.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #104  

Kawaii! Great job on your loss. Even better coming in to chat with us. One of the best things I have done for my weightloss is signing up for 3FC and showing up. It is so important for me to have people to share this experience with that get it.
Time4me, I hope life shows you a good path.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #105  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Just popping in to say I've been felled by kidney stones. Haven't given up, just hard to get online between hospital and catching up at work. Be back soon
Closed Thread