3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: October 2013

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #16

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
Silent, I like your thinking about eating like a healthy person. I do not want to be counting calories and obsessing about everything. I want to be mindful and have some food peace.
Jane, are you all right? I hope your "boyfriend vacation" gives you a big boost!
Where is Betsy? I miss Pam and everyone else.
As for me, my sweet tooth is going crazy today! I think it may be because I have been watching TV lately and all they have on there is tempting food.
Have a good day.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #17

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all

I actually own a scale now! and I even stepped on it today, hence my shiny new tickers...

can't say I like the number...but one day I will.

Coming up on a 1 week vacation from work with very little planned..... hoping to catch up on some reading and shed some weight...

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 10-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #18

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

radiojane - Hope you are feeling okay, that fainting sounds scary

Ubee - Ahh the teasing tube, you'll make it through.

time4me - I love having a scale its not always kind but #'s seem to keep more more accountable, I'm too good at 'forgetting' what my clothes felt like and slowly gaining or at least not losing weight. At least numbers on the scale... are... numbers on the scale.

Ate a lot last night, brushing it off and moving forward today. I hope... just keep chugging at least I'm definitely not gaining right now.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 10-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #19

Today I went to the Darkside. I enjoyed it. I do not feel guilty. I am more curious then anything. Was I tired, scared, sad, lonely...? I feel just kind of dull, and full.
Good Night.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #20

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone,

I am Larry and I am back for another try after a 9 month binge.
I gained back most but not all that I had lost. This was a small victory for me as my history has been to regain all weight lost PLUS SOME. Glad I got off the elevator before the top floor.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #21
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Howdy everyone, I'm Fiona, and I'm new here. I don't have a lot to say tonight except that I'm looking for support. Several years ago I did Jenny Craig and went from 320 to 225, but then I got sick, and my husband got depressed, and I gained it all back and more so. In case my ticker doesn't show up in this posting: I hit a high of 351 in January 2012, and am now down to 307. I'm doing it on my own now, on a low-carb plan because that's the one my body best responds to.

So far, so good, but the future of my weight loss project just looks like an endless desert. Heck, it has already been an endless desert, and I'm not even down under 300 yet. So even though I'm not on the verge of running out to get cookies (I'm a serious cookie monster), I feel pretty blah. It sure is hard to stay positive when the project drags on for so darn long!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #22
rockin' my 50s!

Hey there, I'm back again. I want to extend my greetings and supportive vibes to the folks on this thread: Heather, Ubee, silentarctic, time4me2change, Radiojane, and Larry H. (Apologies if I left anyone out.)

I've been slipping just a wee bit on my super-low-carb plan: I bought a jar of peanut butter and have been eating 3 or 4 heaping teaspoons about once a day. What makes this a problem is not so much the carbs in the PB, although they can screw up my diet for the day, as the fact that when I do that, I skip a meal. That's my old, old pattern—eating snacks instead of regular meals. I shouldn't have even bought the PB, but I've been having bad insomnia lately and I thought the carbs in it would help me get to sleep. So much for that notion: my insomnia is unchanged.

Anyway, I feel kind of out in the wilderness so far as support is concerned. I know that weight loss is supposed to be easier if you tell other people about your project and your goals, but somehow I tend to be reclusive, and not tell anyone (except for my husband, of course) about what I'm up to. Most of the people I'm close to either live far away, or I only know them online (I've been online since the late 1980s), so it's easy for me to hide. And I'm retired, so I don't have colleagues or co-workers around me anymore. =sigh=

I'm also in a rut so far as exercise is concerned. I do an extended set of non-weight-bearing leg exercises every day, a habit I began when I had a knee injury, but other than that I'm a couch potato. I really need to get myself out walking during the nice cool fall weather (although lately it's been raining all the time), but I have a hard time getting started on doing that, since at first I don't enjoy it very much. My problem with exercise is that I get easily bored, anxious to get back to my reading, writing, and making art. I know you're supposed to vary what you do to combat boredom, but I get bored on the very first day, no matter what the exercise is. Maybe I should listen to audio books while I'm walking, but it's a hassle to figure out where to get them, to retrieve my portable CD player, and so on. I get easily discouraged by logistical details that seem easy to other people.

Any tips for getting started when you're in a rut, exercise-wise? I just can't seem to make myself put on my shoes and get out the door...
Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #23

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Fiona W

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

I know partly what it's like to feel out in the wilderness... I haven't told anyone but my mum that I am planning on losing weight... I tend to be fairly private and this is something I don't want people in my life to know about.

as for exercise I too hate it, especially working out alone.

So I've improvised... I dance around my kitchen to music while I cook dinner, I have downloaded Disney sing a long videos and dance/march on spot while watching them... and I just try to move more all day long instead of making a solid exercise block....

I know I can't do this forever, but I am building in my head a positive feel good attitude towards moving....

I do think you coming here is a good step because it is an outlet to talk about the successes, struggles and overall entity of weightloss. here we celebrate with eachother and don't let anyone feel down about any changes...

I hope you find a happy medium with exercise

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #24

Larry & Fiona!

Larry, so happy to hear you jumped back on the wagon before you had a full regain +!

Fiona, good job with your weight loss! I also am doing low carb. The last 2 weeks peanut butter has been my temptation. I always think a little won't hurt. If I only stopped at a little...

The last two days have been out of control for me. Tomorrow is a family gathering and I will allow myself some indulgences. I am doing this the rest of my life and have to find that balance. Every little thing I use as an excuse lately.

Have a good day Everyone!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #25

S/C/G: 353/353/180

Height: 5'4"

Default New here... first time doing anything like this.

Hello, my name is Stephanie I'm 22 and I'd like to talk to women around my age (mid 20's) who are going through the same struggles as myself... I'm 353 lbs and beginning the struggle of losing the weight. I'd love to talk to my fellow ladies about what worked for you, what your struggles were and overall the entire experience.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #26
rockin' my 50s!

Thanks for your kind words, time4me2change and Ubee. I know what you mean, Ubee, that there are times you have to cut yourself some slack, since it is a lifelong project. All the same, I'm looking forward to reaching the stage where I feel more mobile and have more energy. And to eventually wearing some cuter clothes! But above all I'm looking forward to liking my body better. I know that you have to be self-accepting at whatever weight you are, but I didn't get this heavy until I was in my 40s, so my self-image is that I should be a different shape than I am now.

Welcome, Stephanie—I'm more than 35 years older than you, but I don't think that age makes that much of a difference. You start when you start, and good for you that you've embarked on this journey! Just stay here and keep posting, because social support is very important. Keeping a journal is also helpful: I've been writing in mine ever since I began, some 40+ pounds ago. It doesn't necessarily have to be a food diary. I've found that journal writing is especially helpful for analyzing what went wrong when I broke my diet—what were the triggers and how I could make different choices the next time.

I stayed on the low-carb plan for yet another day, and didn't have any peanut butter today. I'm wearing a T-shirt that used to be snug on me, and now it fits me perfectly. I think that now I'm down from 5X to 4X—a small step, perhaps, but one I can feel good about.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #27
Haven't quit yet!

S/C/G: 485/372.4/200

Height: 6'0

Hi guys. I'm fine. Haven't fainted again. No idea what was up.

Did my kettlebells again today, and I can sure feel it! Eating is still a little off; in my defence though, I'm emptying my freezer and pantry. I cleaned the other day and realized that I didn't want to waste money by letting food spoil, so there have been more carbs than usual, but it's worth it to save cash and start over with a truly paleo pantry!

Time4me: making the effort to just move more throughout the day is a great idea. Love your new tickers!

2014 Reboot!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #28

I stayed under my calorie goal today. My calories were 1325 and my goal is 1650.

My sodium intake is too high and I have to work on that.
My goal is 2500 mg and I had 3996 mg

I tend to be sodium sensitive and I really put on a lot of water weight with too much sodium.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #29

It was a great day for me

I am down 3 pounds today to 276

I stayed on plan 10/13/2013 - 1,126 Calories today my daily goal goal is 1,650

Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #30

S/C/G: 353/353/180

Height: 5'4"

Fiona: you are absolutely right, age doesn't matter i just thought i might be able to relate more with someone near my age. However, that's not true either. So i change my initial statement... Id like to talk with anyone going through the same journey that I'm embarking on.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.