Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #61  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey, Carol, thanks for the hug! Needed for life, but not for weight loss this week.

Debbie, be strong! I know what you mean. I've been baking and giving away, though I sometimes think that's a bad idea...

How's everyone else?

I've been OP this week, except for some missed exercise over the weekend. Finally had a loss into new territory, just inching down below where I was at the beginning of July.

When I logged that loss, I realized: I'm so close to two major milestones. I'm half a pound away from having lost 50 pounds since restarting last Christmas. I'm also just 5 pounds from where I was the last time I had a significant loss, in 2000, when I started my current job. If I can get down below 265, I'll be lighter than I've been since my 20s.

So this stall out with my motivation and staying OP makes a little more sense, except, honestly, I've never really thought I was "afraid of success" or "afraid of being thin." But, still, how weird that I got stalled right here, right on the edge of moving into "new waters."

I really want to get my mojo working again. I've been back to walking and adding some jogging intervals, which really makes me feel positive about myself. For years, I thought I would never be able to move faster than a brisk walk again. It's good to know I can at least TRY to out-run the zombies on Halloween. They'd better be slow zombies, but still, I'd have a fighting chance.

Anyway. Hoping that fall weather can be revitalizing for many of us.

Heather, a co-worker said he was in Maine last week and that it was WAY more gorgeous than Illinois, which doesn't surprise me at all, but made me hope you're appreciating the foliage.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies!
I am lurking around...
Vortex, great job! I am so excited for you!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Delurking to agree with Angela's co-worker. It really is gorgeous here!!

I'm still in the same mode-- stable weight. In the middle of the same 5 pounds I've gained and lost all year.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - new territory is such a struggle for several of us. Let me tell you, old territory is awful. I don't like being above 300 again - it will be work to get back to where I was for a year - in the low 260s but I felt so much better, especially emotionally.

Leaves are just starting to change here - enjoy the Maine colors Heather.

Stay strong!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #65  

Bad day yesterday..well maybe I should say bad night. I went to church and had pasta. I had a small serving of 2 kinds and I mean a small serving. I also had a slice of garlic bread. I sampled the cake and didnt care for it so I put it to the side. I kept nursery and had 4 under age 2. I came home and was starving. I think it was my body reacting to the carbs Im not really use to. I ate a bowl of cereal and went to bed. I am not a night time eater.

So today I have to focus and record. I will also be warned to skip the dinner next time its pasta night. LOL

Havent stepped on the scales all week.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #66  

I stepped on the scales this morning and Im up 5 more lbs. Im almost back to what I was in march. Time to get serious and get it off!!
Yesterday was a pretty good day but still not OP!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #67  

Debbie I understand the scale going back up so easily. I am trying to stay positive about not gaining it all back.

Several of us have been struggling with regaining. Have lots of thoughts going on about why I have regained so much weight. Anyone else?

Stay strong!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #68  

Lonely here......

Cauliflower in scrambled egg wasn't such a great idea but it was filling.

Stay strong!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #69  

It's echoing in here - HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO

Had a planned off plan meal last night. Didn't feel good after. Back to better choices today.

Hugs to all - stay strong!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #70  

Carol is all alone in here!!!

I'm not posting much because my efforts and energy are just not on weight loss efforts lately. I want that to change, and maybe posting here will help, but I'm focused on an old dog who's sick and trying to get more moved into the house... and this important part of my life is falling by the wayside. I want and need to get more focused on this...
Old 10-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #71  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I've been not so POP until today. Junk was calling again. I've been going out to instead of cooking. We all know what happens with that. I was headed to the car a while ago and made myself detour into the kitchen where I fixed a nice OP dinner.

Time to stay serious and work on feeling better by eating healthy.

LET'S DO THIS!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #72  

Well, I did cook yesterday! But then I ate cookies and candy. But at least I did eat some healthy food and took the dog for a walk...
Old 10-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #73  

Hi Judy and Heather!

WI this morning and I was down 4 lbs. It was a good week but not as perfect as I think it should be - still working on accepting the good loss.

Had a couple of drinks with dinner yesterday and ate more with some poor choices. Today is planned and will be POP.

Worked in the yard for a while yesterday - boy am I out of shape (like I needed proof of that). It felt good to have some physical activity and to get started on the fall clean up.

As Judy says LET'S DO THIS!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #74  

My scales continue to inch upward. I caught myself with my hand in the candy bowl yesterday. The bowl is now covered and out of sight.
I also made potato soup yesterday and I know its carb loaded and not a good choice.
Today my main focus will be on getting water in. I will be POP!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #75  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Good day yesterday. YAY.

Expecting a heavy frost tonight - low 20s. I've got to find my gloves and a cold weather hat.

Today I will stay OP!
Closed Thread