Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 360/360/145

Height: 5"7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Welcome, New Beginning!! There are so many suggestions and ideas here. I always feel I have to start with small changes and build from there
Thanks, Heather - I guess I'm a bit impatient, I have been taking great strides to all the small changes but not seeing any results. I am determined, but just very impatient.

I do see hope and the scales tilting with this journey. I have accepted that with this new beginning . . . this journey will never truely end. This is a life long commitment to a healthy exsistance.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #32  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Doing the

Just back from WW. I really worked hard at sticking to the program last week and it paid off big time. I lost 5.8 lbs and that includes having gone to a chicken and biscuit dinner at a local church last Saturday.

Please, please, please may I be able to stay in this motivated groove.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hello,

I am Larry and 69 years young. I hope that qualifies me for the over 40 group?

I am getting back after a 9 month binge. To try once again.

I have heard that you do not fail unless you quit trying.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #34  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, I'm still alive. Have been struggling not just with diet and exercise but life lately. I'm trying again to get refocused, though. I have just been maintaining for over 3 months now. It is time to LOSE some more pounds.

I've been trying to train my freshmen to act like human beings during class by offering them rewards for doing so, and it's working pretty well. I decided I ought to try the same thing with myself. So, if I do EVERYTHING I am supposed to do today (eat OP, track what I eat, get at least 20 minutes intentional exercise, and keep hydrated), I get a reward. If that works, I will try for two POP days and reward myself again. I need *something* to help me get back in the groove, I know that much.

Welcome, New Beginnings! I know when I was close to your weight I also had very little energy. After losing just the first 20 or so pounds, I found my energy increased, and that has continued. I also found that with just a LITTLE extra exercise, my appetite decreased a little and my mobility increased a lot. So I would encourage you to try to just increase your movement by some small amount at first. I agree with Heather--small steps to get started seem to work for lots of us.

Welcome Larry--I think you heard right about failing and trying. What kind of plan are you following?

Hello to everyone I missed!

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 10-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #35  

My Moment Of Truth

I finally beat down the procrastinator in me and actually looked at my WW stats for the firsts time in about a year. I'm one of these folks who doesn't like to know when I gain, so I don't look. I'd go to a w/i every month or so but not look in my log book. Just shoot me now. I figured I was messing with having to re-lose about 25 lbs to get back to my 75 lbs lost in July 2012.............. It's 46.5 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shocker that is. No wonder my knees hurt so much more this year.

I'm glad I did finally face the music and I plan to get rid of the whole 46.5 and then continue downward. I've lost 6.5 lbs of it already. Thank heavens for that.

My whine is over. Figured if it's print - it's really true so it's time to continue to stay serious and work hard to get smaller and healthier.

Last edited by j-ann; 10-11-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: 2012 not 2011
Old 10-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex_VVV View Post

Welcome Larry--I think you heard right about failing and trying. What kind of plan are you following?
Vortex VVV Thank you for the welcome. I am calorie counting and using My Fitness Pal to record. My daily goal is 1,630 calories
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

I had a much better day yesterday. I stayed within my calorie limit but my carbs were still higher than I like but I will work on that more today. I did some yard work and counting it as my exercise. I pulled up the last of my garden. I picked a few more tomatoes and lots of bell peppers. I will be cutting them up and putting them in the freezer to add to stuff this winter. Hard to believe another growing season is over. I plan to do a few more things in the yard today to prepare for winter. I still have a watermelon out there its the size of a softball. I think I will just let it stay until time for frost and just see what it does. We had one that we were able to eat this year. I just threw a handful of seeds into a flower bed. Its been a lot of fun to watch them grow.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've missed my garden a lot. Hoping to actually plant some garlic today for next year! I have only one space that's ready for planting but I will give it a try. Need to bone up on how to plant garlic first!

Weight is stable. have gone up and down the same 5 pounds all day -- which is a hug improvement over past years, but not where I want to be.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #39  

Well its a new week and can be a fresh start.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Agreed Debbie - new week - new start! Yesterday I grazed and never felt "satisfied" with it. That is a behavior I haven't seen for a very long time. Today load up on veggies - sounds so good.

Stay strong!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #41  

Good day for me yesterday. I actually had to eat something last night to get closer to my target points. I wasn't that hungry but I know from experience that if I shirt myself 10 or more points one day, the next day I'm ravenous and I eat out of control.

Cool and rainy here this morning. I'm sure I can find something inside that needs doing though.

Let's start our week with success!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #42  

Sunday was a great day for me. I lost 3 pounds since my last weigh in.

My calories for the day were just under 1200 and well under my daily goal of 1650
Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #43  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Way to go, Larry!

I'm with Judy: let's start this week with success so we can finish it strong!

I had a rotten weekend, eating-wise. Just not planning, not being mindful.

I didn't plan well today, either, but things have worked out pretty well accidentally, so far at least. I just need to keep my eating on plan and then I'll be in great shape to actually win my one-day OP reward, which is a new eShakti dress. I can't believe it's taking me this long to stay POP for a single day with a reward that I really want in the balance.... but anyway, today's the day, I'm going to make it happen.

Heather: Garlic! Yum!

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 10-14-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #44  

I had a good day yesterday.I was careful with what crossed my lips. My calories were 80 over my limit of 1200 but Im not worrying about that. I am happy to be in the 1200-1300 range. Today I will go for day 2 and plan to make it happen. I like angelas reward idea! I have been doing some online shopping and have a few new outfits I havent wore and may use them as rewards. Cant wear them till I have so many pop days.
NSV I havent had soft drinks in 6 days. I still cant believe after all these years I had let them slip back in a bit.
May try and convince hubby to walk a 5k with me on thanksgiving day.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #45  

Good day yesterday. Found center cut loin pork chops marked. I got two and grilled one for dinner last night. It was wonderful. I needed a change from chicken and turkey. Stayed w/i my points again too. YAY!
Closed Thread