Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #31  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm feeling a bit trapped at the Greek festival. I'm the youngest working at the booth, and at 52, the long hard days don't feel good on my body. I don't know how the older ladies have their staying power. I guess it's because I'm so...BIG! Not just heavier than all of them, but they're traditionally-sized Greek women, all under 5'5". I'm 5'10". My knees are achy, and the plantar fasciitis in my feet is really awful this morning. I'm spending time doing Pilates this morning just so I can go work again today.

So being the youngest there, I'm caught between generations. The older ladies are all direct immigrants from Greece. That generation works HARD! And they love to show off how hard they work or how much they have suffered in their work. So their children, who grew up in the U.S., want NOTHING to do with that much hard work. Their hearts are not in the game. They have refused to learn how to do all the cooking and baking that goes in to the festival prep. They don't want to work at the booths for more than a few hours, until their friends show up and they take off to eat, drink and dance with them. Really, most of the people working the booths are the old grandmothers and all the divorcees/spinsters. The church has been trying to get more people to join in with helping, but not quite enough are convinced.

Next year is the year I take over the booth where I'm working. I have a partner and we're splitting the duties, which is great. We really need two teams of four or five to work with us, so no one needs to be there for more than six hours in a day. But when I suggest this strategy, I am met with, "Why you gotta change anything? It works fine the way it is!" Yeah, for those who come to work a few hours in the middle and leave. Three of us have been there from start to finish, all three days, for years! Not fair!

Okay, that's enough of my whining. I have to go finish two pans of custard cake in the next two hours, before I have to go in. At least the festival doesn't start until noon!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Georgia -- Oy, that's tough!! I think you're right to get people to split the duties, but how to get them to take ownership??

And it's absolutely not fair to have to work that hard!!! Rant away!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Weekend of stress is over and I will be back POP today. We go on vacation in about three months and I don't need to worry about the seatbelt in the airplane.

Stay strong!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

well my scales jumped up 4lbs overnight. I know I had a soda yesterday back at it hard today.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #35  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I had a great day yesterday food wise. No snacking! That's unusual. I ended up with left over points last night because I do plan snacks into my day but for some reason I didn't need them and, literally, forgot them until I was logging my last meal last night. Hope I don't pay for it today with an extra hungry day.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #36  

So how did yesterday go Judy?

Well today was my official WI and I found the whoosh and another pound. Time to eliminate the stress excuse for poor choices.

Stay strong!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #37  

I had a bad food day yesterday and real reason for it. I have not been sleeping but finally was able to sleep last night. I feel so much better today. Hoping to make this a OP day!!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #38  

YAY Carol!

Yesterday was tough. On top of being way under my pts on Sunday I was running on 4 hrs sleep. I was miserable. I was tired. I sooo wanted to comfort eat but I didn't! Stuck to my planned program!!!

Big thunder storm is almost here. Think I'd better shut this down.

Later.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #39  

Judy I think you found your mojo! I "think" I have mine too.

Yesterday was POP - I still need to record.

Had my wellness bloodwork done last week and received the results. All was really good - now I just need to get this weight off (again).

Stay strong!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #40  

well we have one more day in the 90s before we cool back off. I am so ready for cooler weather.
I need healthy finger food ideas. I am having a 31 gifts party for my daughter friday night. I have a link if anyone is interested in looking at the products. You can order straight off the link. I love 31 and I know Carol does also.

I made stuffed bell peppers in my crock pot yesterday.They were great and so easy and didnt heat up the house.
Not sure what today meal will be...
I was OP yesterday and even got a short walk in.
I didnt log enough steps yesterday and will work on that today. Time to get off my rear and get moving again.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #41  

Weather's the same here Deb. Miserably hot and humid. Tomorrow 80's and still humid but on Friday we trade in sweating for a sweater with a cool dry high of 60º. I'd never heard of 31 until yesterday. An organization I'm involved with is having a sale. How about sliced fruits with a Cool Whip dip for a finger food?

Carol, I think my mojo IS working. Been POP all week. So glad you're doing well too!

Weigh in tomorrow morning. Gotta finish planning for today.

Heather, Georgia, Angela and all the ladies whose names I've misplaced have a super day and take a moment to think positively about yourself.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quick fly -by... been really busy at work. Not sure how my eating plan is doing but scale is not moving so I guess I'll take it.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #43  

Busy day ahead, cleaning and cooking plus 3 kids. whew..IM tired and I just got up. I did get 2 walks in yesterday. Hoping it will increase my energy.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #44  

Food got a little iffy yesterday. Was glad to go to bed - I'm sure I was in my calorie range but knew I could be flirting with danger.

Here's to a POP day!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #45  

Just back from WW. Dropped another 1.6 lb. Thought it should be more but I had a couple salty things yesterday so I'm hoping it's just water retention. I did drop a food point though. For that I'm very happy as I'm finding it tough eating all my required points. - Never thought I'd be saying that.

I can't bring myself to see what I actually weigh yet. I put a lot of lbs on over the past year and still feel that if I know the actual number it'll send me into a tailspin. Maybe by the New Year I'll be ready to look but for now just knowing I'm losing is enough to keep me going.

Everyone - Be good to yourselves and have a positive day.
Closed Thread