Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #436  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyt03 View Post
10 weeks left. I expect a big change. Im seriously tired of being fat, and do not want to be on this diet longer than i have too. i have cheated in the past, and I realize I am cheating myself only. Thank you for creating this board!

WEEK 10 -10/14 - 192 (- 0.5 lb)
WEEK 11 -10/21 -
WEEK 12 -10/28 -
WEEK 13 -11/04 -
WEEK 14 -11/11 -
WEEK 15 -11/18 -
WEEK 16 -11/25 -
WEEK 17 -12/02 -
WEEK 18 -12/09 -
WEEK 19 -12/16 -
WEEK 20 -12/23 - Christmas Eve Eve Goal 162- I think I can I think I can!
Hey Smiley .. welcome on board great attitude there ... and Im sure we will all support you as much as we can .. and smack you with a wet noodle if you feel you need it at any point
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #437  
Sig

I want to join, Hope it is not too late. I am new to the site and willing to take on a challenge to lose 20 pounds by Christmas
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #438  
Sig

Awesome response! Yes sometimes we need sound encouragement
Old 10-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #439  
Trying again

Hi Sig! Come on in .. the waters fine Love to have people join .. and any time on the path is fine Chances are when this one is completed I will be starting a new one anyway to take us through to April .... I figure if we do it in 4 month stretches there will definitely be a difference for each of us by the end of it If you want to post your measurements .. that is great .. if not .. no prob .. but do take them cos its incredible when you look back on them .. same with pics Looking forward to seeing your posts I will be posting this weeks results on Sunday (finding I have a better chance of everyone posting theirs .. well .. more people anyway lol).

Had a good day today ... got most of the shelves and all the stock down to the new shop (boy all that lifting etc didnt hurt anywhere as much as I thought it would .. sooooo pleased I have got rid of that 30+ pounds!) .. but when I had a good look at the store I decided it really needs to be painted cos I didnt like the natural look lol .. so we just left everything and went and bought some paint etc and will be back there tomorrow to get it all painted .. then I will be down through the week setting it all up .. so excited!

I had a treat today .. a yummy piece of Chocolate Mint Slice ... sooo yummy lol . and I enjoyed every mouthful But dinner was a better treat .. and soooo delicious .. Im so pleased we are going into summer cos I just LOVE to make up salads .. thought I would share a pic of tonights main part of the dinner ...

The one of the left is mine of course (allergic to tomatoes) .. one really BIG salad (mixed greens, sprouts, cucumber, gherkin, red pepper, beetroot, sunflower/pumpkin/sesame seed mix and a little bit of camembert). Also had a small piece of really lean pork steak and a few baby potatoes. Sooo loving these sorts of meals .. my hunny isnt overly impressed .. he is more the meat and potatoes (forget any other veg lol) type of guy .. but he is so supportive and I try to make his salads etc more appealing to him putting in things I either dont like or cant eat lol... so he is feeling better too .. and he has lost about 10kg too!! (I think thats about 20 pounds).... so he is quite chuffed at the buddha belly going for the wedding lol .. in fact I think he said he is about the same weight as when we met now! so kewl

So busy weekend .. but I will be checking in each night as I can Hope everyone else is having a great weekend When I have finished setting up my mini-store I will take some pics for you to see

Hugs all .. and keep up the great work
Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

@Nightkatt - your store sounds like it's coming along well. And those salads look delicious!!

Hey Everyone!

I am doing very well this week so far and that excites me.

Last night was poker night and I won the tournament game! Which means I get a seat in the final table.

I have a chat scheduled with my mum for tomorrow and dinner with a friend today.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #441  
Sig

Hello everyone, great to be alive today!! Today is the First day of low carb plan. I was successful in losing about 25 pounds previously, however over the many months life happened and I gained it all back plus some. Good attitude toward shedding the pounds and soooo thankful for a great support group. Victory in numbers!!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #442  
Trying again

Hey Sig Sooo ... what IS a low Carb plan?? I dont really eat many .. but thats not a plan .. just not a fan of them lol .. I manage the odd baby potato or two .. but dont eat bread anymore .. or pasta .. occasionally I enjoy my Pita though What sort of goal are you aiming for in this challenge?

Off to paint the shop (stall really lol) ... so time to get moving!

Hugs all!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #443  
Sig

Hello again, I chose the Atkins plan. Previously I lost 25 plus pounds using Atkins. I've not weighed or measured, I really should.

I was power walking 3 miles a day and stopped. Then I started strength training and walking while working out at Curves.....stopped again. I joined a gym with my husband and stalled out. Motivation out there anyone?

My goal is to take some serious inches off, feel better and fit into a size 10 comfortably

Last edited by Sig; 10-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #444  
Trying again

Hi Sig ... at the moment my motivation is my wedding in just over 7 weeks lol ... but other than that I think I have gotten into such a routine this time that I have finally made it something I can keep to ... while allowing a few treats as extras I am definitely not aiming to be a size 10 .. I think I was about 10 years old when I was last that small lol .. I am going to be happy if I can fit comfortably into a 16 lol ... and i think I will start looking for some item of clothing that I will LOVE to get myself down into. At the moment as soon as I have grown out of something (where it gets too baggy) I am rehoming it somewhere else rather than keeping it in my wardrobe ... determined to say goodbye to the 20s before the end of the year if Im lucky .. well .. at least say hello to the teens lol .... My next challenge after this one is to reach the weight I was when my hunny & I met which was the 242 I have on my profile ..and want to get to that by my birthday .. which is next April ... sooo .. maybe split your ultimate goal up over so many months or challenges? I know that when you achieve one it gives you the motivation to reach goal two etc .. just make sure you make them realistic .. so that if you do miss it it wouldnt be because you were pushing for too high a loss in a too short space of time. Admittedly I was pushing it choosing over 50 pounds in 18 weeks .. but its within reach (and I privately have allowed a 5 pound leeway just in case lol).

I also find posting on here helps HEAPS .. its making me more aware of what I am doing .. not so much focus on food any more .. more a case of realisation of myself on the journey .. what my triggers are .. how I am retraining myself to help myself now instead of harming myself ... but it also allows me to take responsibility and accountability for my choices through the day/week ... the last few weeks I have added in a few more treats than I did the first month (which is when I cut them out completely) ... but I find I am making better choices for my treats .. and limiting how much of a treat or off plan I go .. instead of going wayyyyyyyy of the rails as I used to (figuring that well .. I have already cheated might as well make it worthwhile .. not a good way to think).

I dont think my weigh in will be great tomorrow .. this week I have gone off plan a few more times that I should have .. I usually only allow one day ... but this week I have had a few .. went out for dinner on Wednesday ... then had brunch out Thursday ... today we went up to my home town to work on the wedding plans a bit more and stopped at Wendys on the way ... I got a burger (Ultimate Chicken Tendergrill - No tomato/sauce and only had the bottom bun having removed the top one). ... I should have stopped at that .. but instead we went to a cafe for afternoon tea and I had a plain chocolate lamington and a cup of coffee (trim flat no sugar).... sigh .. then naughty again went and had a mini chocolate muffin at my sisters (low sugar & dairy free) .. so definitely would have ruined anything I might have lost this week lol .. ooops .. but will make up for it next week. Dinner wasnt too bad though .. VEGES! Carrots, Beans, Baby Peas & a few baby potatoes .. also lettuce and a squirt of Low Fat Mayonnaise and a couple of little bits of Camembert cheese. Yes .. bad day overall .. but still well under my daily max for calories .. so not going to stress too much .. happy if I maintain if that is what happens

Soooo .. that was me off the rails .. how did everyone else go this weekend? A little sore from the painting of the shop yesterday lol .. but if it had been before I lost the weight it would have hurt a lot more (if I had been able to do anywhere near that much work lol).
Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #445  
Trying again

Okee ... well .. happier with my weigh in than I thought I was gonna be lol .. still going in the right direction .. a little less than the weekly target .. but will really behave myself this week ... just goes to show how quick it makes a difference indulging too often .. at least for me lol .. just glad it didnt go up (yesterday when I checked I was the same as I was last week .. so WHEW .. )

TARGET - 53 pounds

WEEK 1 - 12/8 - 317.3 lb Difference - 0 START
WEEK 2 - 19/8 - 312.4 lb Difference = -4.9 Total loss = 4.9 (49.1)
WEEK 3 - 26/8 - 304.0 lb Difference =-8.4 Total loss = 13.3 (39.7)
WEEK 4 - 02/9 - 301.2 lb Difference = -2.8 Total loss = 16.1 (36.9)
WEEK 5 - 09/9 - 299.8 lb Difference = -1.4 Total loss = 17.5 (38.5)(TOM)
WEEK 6 - 16/9 - 296.5 lb Difference = -3.3 Total loss = 20.8 (32.2)
WEEK 7 - 23/9 - 292.3 lb Difference = -4.2 Total loss = 25!! (28)
WEEK 8 - 30/9 - 290.8 lb Difference = -1.5 Total loss = 26.5 (26.5) (HALFWAY!)
WEEK 9 - 07/10 - 286.4 lb Difference = -4.4 Total loss = 30.9 (22.1)
WEEK 10 - 14/10 - 282.9 lb Difference = -3.5 Total loss = 34.4 (18.6)
WEEK 11 - 21/10 - 280.2 lb Difference = -2.7 Total loss = 37.1 (15.9)
WEEK 12 - 28/10 -
WEEK 13 - 04/11 -
WEEK 14 - 11/11 -
WEEK 15 - 18/11 -
WEEK 16 - 25/11 -
WEEK 17 - 02/12 -
WEEK 18 - 09/12 -

7 more weigh ins till the wedding (11/12) .. so still on target ... still a little shocked that I have lost so much already .. I am now at my lowest weight since 2004 (after I got back from my overseas holiday in Europe/Canada ... all that walking and not really eating a lot lol) ... down side is I am running out of clothes that dont look like sacks on me .. but I refuse to get any more until I am buying in the teens instead of the 20s lol.

Will post last weeks results shortly .. a little sad at how few posted this week .. and I have dropped a few more off the list (really would love to put them back on if they come back to us though!! Just hope they are all doing ok).

Hope everyone else weighs in this week too

Katt
Old 10-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #446  
Trying again

Almost 200 pounds lost as a team!!! WOW!!! WTG everyone .. over half way on the challenge this week .. so lets give it a bit of a push to hit that 200 pound team loss
Old 10-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #447  
Now a Healthonaire

Hi Nightkatt,

I would be interested. I am currently in a Turkey Day Trim-Down challenge on Healthonaire, but would love to have something to stay motivated after that. We have a very social group that chats on facebook in the Turkey Day one which has been a great motivator.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #448  
Sig

Weighing tomorrow and will post base weight. Looking forward to losing right along with the team....Wow everyone is doing Great
Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

Hi everyone! A good week I guess, I did my usual thing kept up my diet all week, then ate what I wanted on saturday and put back on 3kg. I'm officially going to stop doing that now because it is far too depressing. On saturday I weighed in at 68.6 kg and the next day I was 72.5. I have no idea how thats possible, but whatever haha. I got back on track with my healthy eating and exercise regime on sunday and I weighed in today at 69.6 kg.
So from now on I will continue to weigh in on a monday due to my self sabotage on the weekend!

September 22 - 72.5 kg
September 29 - 70.5 kg

October 6 -
October 13 - 70.3
October 21 - 69.6
October 28 -

November 4-
November 11 -
November 18 -
November 25 -

December 2 -
December 9 -
December 16 -
December 23 -
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #450  
Sig

5' 3 1/2" height; 158 pounds this morning. Great motivation, I so enjoy this group.
Closed Thread