Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 325/310.4/150

Height: 5'1"

gggirls -- Glad to hear you're feeling better!
Lass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!

Well, yesterday I craved ice cream. And I had some. A scoop of glorious ice cream on a glorious day. I hadn't had sweets for weeks. Was a bit nervous about getting back on track, but I actually think my calories were in line. I had a lovely salad for dinner and some cereal before bed. Let's see how today goes.

The scale has ooched back up over the past few days...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday - was a wonderful weekend and I stood up for myself in a family drama where my mouth normally would have stayed closed. Food has been good also.

Stay strong!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning...

Started my week with an oops...made my breakfast smoothie - (I make it and then take it to work) but forgot my protein powder...it is just kale, blackberries and banana - I don't recommend it!!!!!!!!!! BUT I drank it...

Isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Heather - Good job on the ice cream... I know you really enjoyed it and staying in your calorie range was awesome...

Gggirls - glad to see you back... happy for you that you stood up for yourself... you go girl!!!

Isles - sorry about your oops but hope you have a wonderful day anyway!!!

Bonnie - glad you are back on plan... the exercise will help too!!!

Georgia - Awesome job on the weights!!! I am impressed too! And good job going out to eat and being under calorie budget... good choices!!!

Well this is the last week "off" before my school job starts... actually we have to go in Friday... but I will be taking half days until then maybe even all day on Thursday... I have decided to start this school year out right... I am taking my nutritious lunch and snacks to eat during the day... I always start off good but then fall into old habits of eating junk and not taking my lunch so I have to eat whatever I can find and that usually equals 'nothing good for me.' The really good news is that I am going to get a little bit of relief this year... my schedule and duties will be lighter so that is wonderful since last year I was doing the job of 3 people...

The really cool thing about starting school this year is that I am at least 50 pounds lighter than I was at the end of the year last year... so technically I didn't have to buy any clothes because I have a closet full... I am able to wear some clothes I have not been able to wear in a couple of years at least or longer... I have made a goal this year to be below 300 by October 1... so it is nice to have a goal and to be working toward it...

Onward and downward...

I hope everyone has a wonderful POP day!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #66  

I lost 2 lbs.! It's been a while since I saw movement on the scale. I had crept up to 319 last TOM. Today it was at 317, so that's 8 all together. In the past, I would have given up by now. This board is such a big help. Thank you all!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Keep going Lass22!! That's so good.

I regrett stopping, but now I am getting close to being on plan and relosing the regain. Very frustrating to have to do it again. gr...
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #68  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi girls! Glad to see you all here. I love seeing how your weekend went.

Such wonderful progress, Pam! I too want to be below 300 lbs. by October 1, so I'm going to pay special attention to encourage you. I hope to keep up!

I'm not weighing myself this week. I want to concentrate on sticking to my food plan. I noticed that when I do great for a few days and my calories are lower, then I "reward" myself with all the stuff I'm not supposed to be eating. And that never proves to be rewarding! Takes a few days for me to get back on track. So, no weighing, and I think I'm ready to take a break from counting calories for the week. Just want to see if I can stick to feeling out my real hunger.

I just finished working out. My arms feel very well worked! We were doing mad squats for weeks, but suddenly, we are doing lots of upper body work with weights and TRX. I am so happy that I don't have to come up with these workouts! I like being surprised.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'7

Smile Hello Everyone I Am New To The Group

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and pray for encouragement on getting started on my weight loss journey. I thought by the age of 40 in 2012 that I would be fit again at least that is what I dreamed of but here I am about to be 41 in a week and I am still morbidly obese and pre-diabetic and high blood pressure. I must lose weight or the next step for me is insulin and I do not want that!!!! I never thought I would be at my highest weight ever of 325 pounds and it just boggles my mind to think about. But, I guess the first step to major weight loss is recognizing the problem and trying to fix it....Lord knows I need to more healthier and active in my life again!
ugona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #70  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

ugona, welcome to our little group! Everyone here is very encouraging and supportive. I'm glad you've joined us.

Please let us know how we can help and support you. We're always here to listen!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, look at all the energy ... and welcome to new people! Some of you have been around a bit, but welcome anyway!

The ice cream Sunday was probably a mistake... yesterday was hard and I had more ice cream. Calories not terrible but this is not the direction I want. Going to need to clamp down today...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

My scale inched up a bit this morning. I also need to clamp down and start tracking again - I know that is one of the keys to my success.

I agree with Heather about the energy - wonderful to see as well as a big wecome to those just joining us. So much support and encouragement here.

Stay strong!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #73  

Height: 5'7"

Im here and struggling. I have had a touch of a stomach bug or it may have just been my stomach. I have been eating lots of tomatoes and I know they are a BIG NO NO! I just love them dearly!I have also been eating alot of berries and the seeds in them can set me off also. So for now Im eating bland and soft foods. No veggies for a few days except green beans and potatoes.

We are finally having a cool down from the humidity and i plan on being outside and enjoy it.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #74  

ugona -- We're starting at the same place. It boggled my mind too when I saw that number. I've already lost 8 lbs. If I can do it, ugona, you can do it too. This board is a huge help in keeping up the faith that 1. it can be done, and 2. YOU can do it too!

dgramie -- hope you're feeling better soon.

Last edited by Lass22; 08-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Lass - 8 pounds is awesome... keep up the good work.... I agree... this board is such a big help... I am so happy I found it...

Georgia - Thanks for the encouragement... I will keep an eye out for you too as you press on to get below 300... I know we can do this together... I am proud of you for the working out... I need to do that as well... my parents have a bowflex... I need to try that out...

Ugona - It is great to have you here... I think now is a great time to start improving your health... and you have made the first step by recognizing it... I know personally that by coming to this board for encouragement will definitely help you make progress... it has helped me tremendously...

Heather - I understand about the ice cream thing... sometimes if I let myself have something like that then it is like a green light to keep doing it... I guess my key is to only buy a minimal amount... I sure could not keep a half gallon of the stuff in my house... Awesome that you are clamping down on this before it gets out of hand... I love the term 'clamp down'...

gggirls - I am sure the scales will inch back down after a day or two... you can do this...

dgramie - hope you get that stomach issue settled soon... and yes... enjoy that nice weather for me too... right now it is so hot here... makes it hard on my exercise routine...

Well all... my scale reads the same as it did 2 weeks ago... in a way that is good but in another that means I need to get after it... I have a dr appointment in 2 weeks... My eating has been pretty good... no major issues... I stay within or very close to my calorie target... but I have been slacking on the walking... yes I still walk every day... most of the time I walk at least 1.7 miles... but it is not the 2-3 miles daily that I was doing... part of this is due to the heat... for the past 2-3 weeks it has been nearly 100 every day... I wait a long as I can for the sun to get low but it is still hot... anyway... I am going to push the walking up a little more...

I also think I might follow Georgia's lead and lift some weights... as mentioned before my parents have a bowflex that they dont use much... so I think I might start working in some resistance training...

I hope everyone has a wonderful POP day!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote