Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Default i weigh 335 lbs (biggest in my life) and i'm scared

My eating and emotions are out of control. My body is failing me- it is tired and can't do what I'm asking it to do anymore. My thoughts are toxic- my emotions are like quicksand -and all 335 lbs are sinking. I'm in a dark and scarey place tonight and I need help.

In the past I would never ask for this- even writing this feels like whinning and asking too much of people. But that's how strong the desperation- I'm willing to sound whiney and weak and needy- If it means i get some help from people that know what this is like. People that have been through it.

Thank you for reading
hopesfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

this is a great place to start, no judgements for when you have bad days and lots of encouragements when you have good days.

good luck
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to the site. Asking for help when you need it isn't whining or being needy. There's a lot of help and advice to go around here. I hope you find what you're looking for.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

There's so much support here! I'm really hoping you'll keep checking in and see how helpful it can be. It's amazing how quickly things can change, by the way. You can start making positive changes, bit by bit and then, in a matter of weeks or a few months, you can feel completely different about yourself. I really hope you'll stick around. Sending you lots of s.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome hopesfull!

This is a great site. I like the whole place but feel most comfortable in the 300+. It is such a relief to find people who understand. You do not seem whiney. Maybe you are fed up and ready for a change. This is the place to start. Take it one step at a time. We are here to share this journey with you.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/326/160

Height: 6'2"

Welcome this place is awesome for support. It's not whiney to ask for help if you need it.
musicalchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #7  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

The big question is: Where can you start to make some positive changes?

All of us here have dealt with what seemed like an overwhelming problem, and many of us have found that the way to start was with small, simple changes, and LOTS of positive reinforcement, from yourself and others (like us).

I owe SOOO MUCH to the people here. Stick around, and before long when you've had some success, you'll be offering advice and help to newcomers.

For me, when I was at 330 and felt pretty immobile, I started with 5 minutes of (very gentle) exercise a day, and just tracking my eating for a week to see what my typical intake was.

Over time, i've made more small changes, but they've all needed a period of adjustment.

Talk to us: how can we help? What are the specific challenges you're facing?

I believe you can do it, for the same reason I believe I can--because I've seen others do it, right here in this forum.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Thank you all so much...and thank you Vortex. I appreciate the confidence from you especially since I don't have any for myself right now.

Last night I was in such a horrible state I just needed to reach out and felt like I had no one even though I'm surrounded by family and friends. I know I need to talk to people with this particular problem.

To answer your question Vortex I dont really know yet how anyone can help- actually that's not true. I think just listening and relating is what will help for now. And my main challenge is myself- hands down I am my biggest obstacle.

Last edited by hopesfull; 06-22-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typos
hopesfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Vortex, you just have to start making small changes. I started by drinking water all the time or non-calorie drinks. The next thing I did is try to start using lower calorie versions of my favorite things like bread. I also tried to eat more fruits and vegetables.

In April, 2013, I jumped in head first and went to see a doctor. He wanted me to cut back to 1700 calories a day, take vitamin supplements that I was low in and start walking. I have never been one to take many supplements as it is but I do now. Anyway, since April 2012 (my highest) I have lost 52 pounds.

Since the middle of May I have been seriously walking 2-3 miles every day (I missed 2 days at graduation time). I am training for a 5K now and slowly but surely getting there. I have been inactive for a long time and I still experience soreness in my feet but with everyday that I walk the pain gets less and less. At first we thought my shoes were not very good but I still have the pain in my feet so it wasn't the shoes. Either way I am happy to be on the road to fitness. I am planning to do a 5K every month until the end of the year at least. I would like to think that I won't stop then.

I say all of this because I know that if I can do this you can too. This coming from Miss Lazy who never liked exercising. Miss Lazy here is training for a 5K! Miss Lazy refused to miss a night of walking this past week just because it was raining. My dad told me today that if it got in the 100's he might not walk with me during that time. Miss Lazy told him that she was going to walk even if it did get up to 100. (maybe that should be Miss Crazy .. LOL) Maybe someday Miss Lazy will run a 5K instead of walk it but for now I am taking baby steps.

I have faith that you can make it through this rough time. Just keep coming here, reading posts, joining in, asking questions, venting, sharing your victories and telling us what works for you. There are so many wonderful people here that can help or even just listen when you need to vent.

Pam
The Former Miss Lazy
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

I agree with what the others have said. Find a small change, something that you can feel good about. It doesn't have to be big. Drink a glass or bottle of water. That's an easy change and something you can feel good about!

When I have really bad days where I feel like I'm not worth it or I hate myself and feel hopeless, I paint my nails, or wash and style my hair,or put on an upbeat song and sing as loud as I can or dance if I feel the urge. If it's late at night, I just tell myself tomorrow is a new day and I can wake up and start over and do better!
workinghardatlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello and Welcome,
You came to the right place and you've made the first of many steps toward a healthier and happier you.
I agree with the others. Start by making small changes. Try getting in more water, work on portions and try to switch to healthier foods..
Make mini goals. I try not to think about how much I have to lose over all.. I am thinking about 10 lbs at a time and getting to the next set of numbers. Right now I'm focusing on getting to the 270's.
Another change could be just working on eating less each meal. I got out a smaller plate and try to eat more normal portions.
I think the main thing I've done so far is to change my snack choices. I used to eat junk food for my snacks and ate a lot of them. Nutty Bars didn't last long in this house neither did snack cakes and cookies.
Now my snack choices include eating things like blueberries (I had no idea they were so good!), strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, 100 cal snack packs and I love the Aldi 100 cal Chocolate Ice cream bars.
Major changes are not going to happen over night but if you are persistent and you don't give up, You will get there! Step by step, and I look forward to seeing that happen in your life. Please stick around. You can do this!!

Last edited by Only Believe; 06-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #12  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Welcome! Today is the first day in a new chapter of your life! Good luck! The people here are so supportive!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/145

Height: 5'1"

What helps for me is making one small change each week. Week one drink more water. Then the next week add a new small challenge like eating a healthy breakfast and so on. Commiting to one small task each week is not only duable, but it will really add up fast.

My biggest problem is eating when I am bored. Make a folder with inspirational quotes or goals to keep you busy and keep you motivated.

Just remember you are not alone!!!
merfameg78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #14  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've been there and then some . . . add on a good 25 pounds.

I know how frustrating and scary all this can be. I used to feel helpless and trapped, alone and scared. I took a long, hard look at myself and did not like what I saw. I was aged well beyond my years, unable to fit in anything even remotely presentable, too tired and worn to walk across from one end of the room to the other, feet too achey and painful to force myself beyond that tiredness. I felt out of control with both by emotions and by food. And eventually, perhaps not for from where you are now, I decided to take control.

I agree with everyone saying to concentrate on small changes. Among my first were to remove soda and introduce as many veggies into my meals as possible. I slowly started making myself move more and found positive ways to reward myself for my efforts. I also made peace with my past mistakes and perceived failures. I focused on getting healthier, despite what the scale might say. It's different for everyone, but I had to recognize that my particular weakness is added sugar, so I had to find ways to cut it out.

And the weight started coming off! It's been a very slow process, but for the first time I felt I was in control. I took many maintenance breaks over time, but have currently lost 150 pounds. And although I'd still like to lose another 60 pounds or so, I'm taking another break right now since I am pregnant.

What I'd like to say is that you can do it! I currently track my food through a day planner (I like writing things down) and it's been an enormous help. I also take notes of my exercise and overall emotions with it. If I go off-track, I don't beat myself up and make sure to get right back on the wagon again. I mean, all we can do is our best, so be kind to yourself. I think my biggest hurdle to overcome was to not resent eating healthier, to not resent it whenever those around me were enjoying the treats I knew I had to cut back on. Writing in the day planner really helped me with that.

So experiment and find what works best for you! You'll find a lot of support from the members of this forum.

Last edited by Elladorine; 06-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!

Before I started my journey, I was eating 10,000 calories a day (I didn't know it at the time because I never paid attention). When I started taking my health seriously in 2011, I counted calories for a week, but didn't limit myself at all. I was losing weight, but still eating 3,000 - 4,000 calories per day! I was also still over 300 pounds and exercising 1 hour HARD per day. I decided that I wasn't willing to drop down to 1,500 or even 2,000 calories (too much, too soon!), but I was willing to have my average daily calories be 2,500, with the most in a day being 3,000. After a couple months, I lowered that to 2,250 calories, then 2,000 calories, until I eventually settled into 1,500 calories. Now I'm figuring out maintenance!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote