Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow...Ella and ikesgirl very inspiring weightloss...but Ella its as if you were speaking right to me about where you started from...I'm there where you were...but I am and will continue to make those small changes. Figuring out what will work for me now is exactly what I need to do-cause it ain't what worked 10 years ago when I was at my most fit. And forgiving myself for all the failures and for letting this happen.

Everyone one here has given me so many relevant ideas that i just didn't see...much better than the Dr telling me to eat celery sticks with salt on them cause that's just a good snack and maybe take my kids for a walk and enjoy the weather...she was well meaning but I'm finally getting relevant doable advice that make since for a woman that needs to loose 150 lbs...

I also need to realize my biggest hurdles like you did ell... figure them out so I can face them ahead of time...that's a life strategy I need to learn period

I really cant say what all you positive people have meant to me these first few days here
hopesfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #17  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Breathe sweetie. Stop. And.Breathe ! You need to identify what motivates you. You need to really want to lose weight, and you need to find a method that suits you. I began at nearly 300lbs. I had been overweight most of my life. I eventually got fed up with hating my body and myself. I lost the weight in 14 months through diet alone. I gained a few pounds when I started exercising, but I have been a size 8 since 2011. I can workout for 90 mins easy. I am winning the war. You can too. Please feel free to pm if you want more info on plans etc or just a shoulder to lean on. This site changed everything for me. Noteably the 100lb club. Good luck x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #18  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hopesfull, one more piece of advice: I'm so glad to see you checking back in on this thread. So often people turn up, ask for help, and disappear. It's the saddest thing.

Find the regular threads that you feel comfortable posting in and post every day if you possibly can. If you have a bad day, post, and if you have a good day, post.

Being here regularly has been a huge help to me. Even after I started doing Weight Watchers online, I found I still needed to be here, where I have a real relationship with people. And posting on bad days is one way to prove to myself that I haven't given up.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 06-24-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 327/301/250

Height: 5'3"

hopesfull,

I am a very emotional eater... I have started tracking my eating with the weight watchers system without actually JOINING. for me counting my points is the same as an alcoholic going to AA, i cant abstain from food, but i can hold myself accountable by numbers and encourage my weightloss... It also means i dont have to DENY myself things, i just have to make choices... For example, i'm eating a crunch wrap supreme from Taco Bell right now, but it will mean smart choices at dinner and for my daily snacks...

I am also seeing a therapist that specializes in Eating Disorders... We may not be anorexic or bulimic but our eating is definetly disordered.... Its helping a ton and she does a lot of Cognitive Behavioral therapy things that are awesome to reforming my thoughts...

and at her reccomendation i've been working through a workbook called "the food and feelings workbook" it's been super helpful...

I started my journey at 327, i'm down to 298 now... and still rolling....

I also really like the pool for exercise and the balance ball... there are TONS of exercises available online, and even walking in the pool or laps with the kickboard are a great low impact workout...

Hang in here, you can do this...

Last edited by NikonGirl30; 06-27-2013 at 01:31 PM.
NikonGirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote