Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Hope you're having a great day.

Working -- (you'll notice I'm too lazy to type it all out.....hope you don't mind!). Once you get under that 300 pounds mark, you won't leave us will you?! What a great accomplishment!

PJVW34 -- missed your avatar but 50 pounds!!!! That's wonderful.

Fluffyfoodie -- love your name! Sorry you're getting the summertime heat blues. We live on opposite sides of the country (I'm in WA), and we're just getting to the good part of the year climate wise. Your dinner sounds great and glad that you feel better after seeing the weight loss.

UBEE -- 2 sizes smaller! You must have been swimming in your old pants.

Off to the cardiologist's in a little while. Since the cardioversion didn't work, I'm assuming that he'll check to make sure I'm still in a fib and discuss options. Actually, since the sleep apnea got diagnosed and treated, I feel fine so as long as it doesn't do any long term damage, I'm fine with going on like this.

I didn't put down the newspaper in the garden yesterday after all, but did get the fertilizer spread on the yard since it was supposed to rain. For the first time in years, it actually rained right after spreading the stuff so I didn't have to resort to running a sprinkler around the yard 3 days later. I'll do the garden stuff on Friday.

Have a great day!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Everybody!

Welcome Fluffyfoodie! I'm glad seeing your picture made you realize how far you've come. I can sure notice. Let me guess, you like animals.

Pam, I must admit your energy is helping me along on my journey. (Hope that was not too much pressure on you.) Thanks!

Betsy, good luck with the cardiologist. He must be very pleased with your loss.

I am struggling but I have not resorted to my old ways. I am not giving up. The support here is what makes this time so different. Thanks Everyone!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Hi Everybody!
Pam, I must admit your energy is helping me along on my journey. (Hope that was not too much pressure on you.) Thanks!
I am struggling but I have not resorted to my old ways. I am not giving up. The support here is what makes this time so different. Thanks Everyone!
Well Ubee, No that is not too much pressure... LOL... I am glad I can help out in some little way... I did something tonight that I never would have in a million years before... it was raining about the time I needed to go walking for my daily walk... I waited just a bit and almost talked myself out of it... but then I just buckled down and walked... I didnt walk as much as I have been but I walked 1.2 miles... That right there is a MAJOR NSV for me... I am the one who is always looking for an excuse to get out of doing exercise... The point is I did it... something I would not have in an earlier time in my life... I kept telling myself that I just hated to miss a day of my exercise... so YAY me!

You hang in there... you have the right idea... don't resort to your old ways... and DO NOT give up!!! We can do this!!!

I love the support here and I am very thankful for each and every one of you who post... I apologize if I don't get around to saying hi or talking to everyone... but I really appreciate everyone here and the thoughts and ideas that they bring to this wonderful forum!!!

Thanks for listening and I hope you all have a wonderful evening!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #64  

Hi Everyone!

Pam, great job on going for the walk! I do think when we change and do things different from the old us it is the best NSV.

I have figured out that I am at a psychological scale number. In my mind the next 20 pounds is the difference between being really big and just big. Now that I know my enemy. I will focus. I've done my homework and paid my dues. I deserve this. I am going after this. I can and will conquer my mental demons. I will post often. Please bear with me everyone, it helps me.

Loose pants here I come!

See you soon. Ubee
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #65  

Im struggling. I cant seem to get focused since the wedding. I think i need a good swift kick in the rear...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning -- hope everyone is doing well today.

Ubee -- your post is encouraging, even though you are struggling. Encouraging???? Yes. Because you're sticking with it. You're not giving up. You've figured out that you have perceptions and want to get to big from really big. You can do this and you will. We all struggle -- it feels like a tug of war, only we're on both ends of the rope (quite a feat!).

Dgramie -- No swift kick, but how about a good hug. You've had some really major changes in your life, and it's hard to deal with those as well as stick to plan. Hang in there and post here more -- I've missed your posts.

Pam -- Was it still raining? Making yourself do something that is good for you when just about any excuse has been used before to avoid it is a major behavior change. Sometimes it's not the exercise that makes us feel so positive about ourselves -- it's the fact that we did it at all!

The cardiologist appointment went very well! He doesn't want to see me for 6 months, is pleased with the weight loss (and, of course, lose more!), and said that my life expectancy is the same as if I didn't have the a fib. So, guess I won't be blowing through those IRAs going on exotic trips to far away places. Let's you know how weird my mind is -- most people when they find out they have a serious health issue worry about if they're going to die. I worry that I won't be able to spend my retirement savings.

The strawberries are in (ripe all the way through and ssssssooooooo good). I bought two flats yesterday on the way home and made sugar free freezer jam. Yum. I'm off to the farmer's market today with a friend and lunch -- should be able to get some great veggies for the weekend.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #67  

Debbie, I've looked back at my charts and I am close to where I was when we had our wedding. Our wedding was a month before yours. Today is the first day I am really back on track. I've bounced around and started to backslide, this past week was the worst. I read a thread on regaining and how peolpe let it happen. All the re-gainers said it just slowly creeps on and you just adjust to the new number and tell yourself no biggie it will come off. It was a wake up call for me. I wish you focus.

Betsy, I'm emotional and your post to me made me cry. I've never had people to talk with that understand being/having been 300+. Nice job not having to see the cardiologist for 6 months. I hope you go on an exotic trip soon anyhow!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

Hi again everyone! Look at me checking in twice in a month! Gold star for me!

Thank you everyone for you kind words and support! And of course I don't mind ya'll not typing my name out. Sometimes I wonder myself why I made such a long screen name! I get tired of typing it myself!

So, I had this addiction to soda. I mean a serious addiction to it. At one point I think I could drink a 12 pack in a day! So, when I started on my journey I told myself that I would allow myself three cans a day. And then I switched to caffeine free. So, then I went down to two a day, and then down to one a day. Well, now my one a day is giving me heartburn so I think it's time that I give that one up too. It's bittersweet for me. I love soda so giving it up is a little sad for me. But, I am so glad that my body is adjusting to a healthier lifestyle.

So, now I feel like I need a new healthy focus. And, I'm thinking maybe it's time I try to bring down the sweets. I feel like sweets control me. I'm going to start a thread on the sweets in just a moment. I'm not sure if I should cold turkey the sweets or do the same as I did with the soda.

I'm sorry I haven't done personals, I need to read up on all of you so that I can do them!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #69  

Betsy - Yes it ws still raining, not as hard as it was to begin with but it was. After my 1.2 miles I was soaked but like I said anytime previous I would have said "oh I can't walk I will get wet" and yesterday it was "I just don't want to miss a day of walking."

dgramie - I know it is a struggle going through life changes but remember you have your cheerleaders here and we are behind you and KNOW you can do it!!! Hope to see you here more!!!

Ubee - In my experience the "mental demons" are the worst. I sometimes fight those still. I cannot say I will never fight them again it is just for now I have them under control. I wish I knew how to tell a person how to beat them but I really don't know. I just got to that point where I said NO MORE and I have managed to stay there for several weeks now. I hope I can continue to stay there. I really think that getting hooked on exercise plays a big role in it for me. It is like when you find your "sweet spot" that place you want to be all the time. I found mine I guess. Just remember that we are here for you whenever you need to vent, share or just chat. I know you can do it.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #70  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Im struggling. I cant seem to get focused since the wedding. I think i need a good swift kick in the rear...
You and me both! I've been off kilter since the wedding. I'm hoping this is the magic weekend for me!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #71  

Hi Everyone!

Working, I suggest not trying to catch up on us all. Just jump in and join us! How is that sweet thing going?

Pam, thanks for your encouragement. I get so emotional when I am here. (In a good acceptance way.)

Jane, you have the magic in you! We've all seen it. Dig around, find it and drag it front and center!

I am a self help book junkie, I'm reading Peter Walsh's books It's All Too Much and Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? I'm not too far in but it is interesting. He talks about envisioning the house/body/life we want to have and to make the choices and just do the work to get there. Of course it all really boils down to our emotional clutter. When you start to get rid of clutter in one part of your life it spills over into all areas of your life. I think it is in the ability to say you are going to get rid of all that emotional baggage and do what is best for yourself... being honest about why we do what we do. Anyhow so far so good.
Have a positve day!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #72  

Ubee - when you menitoned the clutter thing the other day I started researching it and have started trying to unclutter some things in my life... I dont know if I ever told you this but thank you for sharing...
Old 06-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #73  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. Been off for a few days dealing with ... well... everything. Just took my final for my summer session Accounting course yesterday so now I have some free time. My car is still broken and I'm just angry because we've dumped almost $200 in it and it looks like it's going to be another $100 I'm so not happy, I told my husband not to throw parts at it but he did anyways. At least we've narrowed it down? I've been sort of off plan for the past week because of all this car craziness and the end of my one month crazy busy school semester. One day of class was equal to one whole week during a normal semester. I haven't completely let go though and didn't get any fast food or anything, but I literally haven't exercised since last Thursday (except for like 8 minutes of zumba today). The awful part is that I noticed how bad of shape I got in a weeks time and I have to build up my stamina again. On top of all of this stress, my husband's work is making him cancel two days of our vacation that was put in months in advance. So instead of him being able to be done on Monday, he's got to work Tuesday AND Wednesday, so an 11 day vacation instead of 13. As long as my car is fixed Sunday, I'm leaving Monday and he'll just take a train out (we're going to Albany to visit my family) but I'm not happy about it. I just need a break.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #74  

Hi Everyone!

Pam, I'm so glad my clutter was helpful for someone! You're welcome. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and decluttering our bedroom. It felt great emotionally but, it was a big work out. I was sore. I still have more to do and that will be my project for today. It looks so nice. Clean, peaceful,and calm. Just like I want my life to be.

Wheezypi, your life sure sounds hectic right now. Good job on not using it as an excuse to overeat! Do you have a strategy for your visit with your family? Family and food go hand in hand.

Have a special day everyone!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #75  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

No, not really. My family doesn't really cook overly fatty food so I think I'll be okay and just limit what I eat. My mom is a chronic yoyo dieter so she doesn't cook absolute crap. When she does, I'll have some of it, but it's not like she gets fast food all the time or anything. With my dad, I'm sure we'll be out to dinner or whatever but I'm not really worried about it. There will be plenty of opportunities for exercise, either via pool or going places like The Great Escape (it's basically Six Flags) and walking around Lake George and stuff. I might gain a few pounds but to be honest with you, it doesn't really put a chink in my chain so to speak. I'm going to enjoy myself and not overly obsess about what I'm putting in my mouth, I'll just limit how much of it I actually eat.
Closed Thread