Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  

Unhappy idk anymore

So I'm new at this....
My name is Sophia and I'm 23 years old. I have three girls and I have been battling this weight for 6 years.. I get up work out, diet lose weight and then FAIL. I get up motivated but now I just want to give up. I don't have anyone to help keep me motivated I never in my life thought I'd hit 330 pounds. I suffer from severe bipolar disorder and I have no more hope left. I wake up and I feel like my day is coming soon. Sooner than expected .. I've tried dieting .. cutting my foods in half.. eating healthy.. counting carbs.. cutting out all junk food.. diet pills. Laxatives .. just eating veggies and fruits and drinking water for a month. I had lost 80 pounds in 4 months with the 3 day diet and I got so sick because I was basically starving myself. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE BUT CRY. I know things can't change unless you change it yourself but I feel so weak and alone. Everyone needs somebody and my kids just don't understand.
sophiaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! First let me inform you that there is a depression page that really is great. I go there from time to time and read. My husband suffers from bipolar disorder and I know how hard it is.
We have found that cutting carbs and exercise helps my husband depression more than anything along with him taking his meds daily.
Baby steps seem to work best with him.
Why not set a few simple goals and try to stick with them for a few weeks. Nothing drastic...like walk around the block 3 times and then avoid soft drinks, simple changes make a huge difference.Starvation is not the answer! How about just trying to eat a set number of calories a day. Stay away from the laxatives..they will kill you!
We are always here for you to talk to. I know I couldnt do it without my friends here!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hi Sophia,

I feel your pain hon and i know what it is like to feel alone and so desperate for help. I suffer with Severe clinical depression, personality disorder, OCD, anxiety and social phobia. A long list of things that do have an affect on my weight loss. I have never been able to do this for myself and i am now doing it because i want to be around for my family. Secondly my health and then for myself. I have diabetes, high cholesterol, arthritis in both of my knees and severe back pain. A train wreck pretty much lol, i live with my brother, have no children of my own and i am single and have been so for 10 years. Please do not get the wrong idea and think that i am trying to say i have lots of things wrong with me in a bragging way (there is nothing to brag about here). What i am trying to say and why i have shared this information about myself with you, it's because i know deep down inside that you can do this. No matter how much you have going against you, you can definitely do this Sophia. Once you find that something that spurs you on, maybe for you it will be your daughters. Once you find that thing that gives you the will power to stand up and say i will do this. You will find a way. I was a big snacker and i do most of my snacking at night, i just had to find low calorie alternatives for them. I find what is helping me is keeping a menu for the week, i plan my meals and it stops me from just grabbing something unhealthy. But i do still have treats, when i am having a bad day i will allow myself to have a biscuit or two. Or a chocolate bar, i find if i restrict too much i will want it and end up binging on it. So it's best just to have it and get it out of your system. Don't try to do too much at once, the key is baby steps. Instead of looking at it as one big huge task break it down in to smaller targets. For example: start by adding fruit into your plan for the first week (this is how i did it) next week cut out some unhealthy foods you are eating, and so on and so on. You can do it and i am sure that you will, we are also the same weight, well i started at 331 pounds. You are not alone and we all know how hard it is but you CAN do it!! I hope that you find some comfort and inspiration here, you have come to the right place for sure. Good luck on your journey and if you need anything just give me a shout.

Sam xxx
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

First of all, have a

It can feel so lonely trying to figure all this out and that is why this site is so great. We have all been there/are there. We get it.

Are you currently on medication for bipolar? Depending on what you are taking that can really effect your weightloss efforts. Your mental health is foremost so you don't want to make any changes without your doctor, but I do believe some medications are worse than others so you might want to check that out.

Then you need to find something healthy and sustainable. Start small. Cut out soda or fast food or late night snacking. Choose one thing. Get that down. Add another. It doesn't have to be all or nothing because for most of us that rarely works (and it sounds like it hasn't for you). Small changes can have big results.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #5  

We are here for you, sophiaxo. You have received some excellent advice above and I hope you read it a couple of times and see if it might help you. The best thing you could have done is post here, it's the first day of the rest of your life and you can do this.

I never thought I'd lose 5lbs, or 10lbs, or 25lbs. But slowly, I did. And it was nothing short of a miracle. Finding 3FC was part of that miracle and I'm so very thankful. Hopefully it will be the same experience for you.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome sophiaxo!

You have come to the right place. The support here is amazing.

We all have mountains to climb and while everyone has a different struggle we do not have to feel alone.

There is so much good advice here. Open your mind and heart and read, read, read.

I do not think you are weak. You have 3 daughters. That is not an easy task.

Weight loss is about commitment not will power. Toss your all or nothing thinking out the window and make one positive change today. Just one. You are worth it!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #7  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

What everybody said, plus a big "hear hear" on "focus on being healthy". Healthy means balance and enough food to sustain yourself with energy from day to day--not depriving yourself as much as you can stand. For me, taking a multivitamin and probiotics and keeping myself hydrated have been incredibly important steps--not because there's some magic there that makes the weight drop off, but because I was exhausted just because I was dehydrated and, I think, undernourished vitamin-wise. Focusing on balance and health has meant that I am less depressed and less tired and that has made it easier to stick with small, gradual changes.

Also: Yes, we're here for you, but that face-to-face contact is important too. Who is there in your life who can be a support network? I know the feeling of not wanting to burden people, but sometimes we don't ask for enough. Do you have a friend you could set up a standing date for lunch or coffee?

Hang in there and keep coming back.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-29-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #8  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I also feel your pain, as I myself am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. My eating habits have an opposite effect on it, however, and I tend to restrict more when I'm having an episode (which actually makes me crazier, hah). You'll find plenty of support here, I can assure you that. You need to take it slow, and don't restrict too much in the beginning because it'll make you miserable, and obviously sick. It's gotta be one day at a time or it won't work.
wheezypi is offline   Reply With Quote